PDA

View Full Version : Ownership update

OfficialHSL
09-02-2017, 07:26 PM
We last updated our Members at the end of November and as a result of feedback received here we are taking the opportunity to start a thread to provide an update to the wider supporter group.

We are once again delighted to report that when our latest share subscription is processed Members will be the proud owners of 9,801,875 shares in the Club. This will take our shareholding to almost 11% ( 10.64 to be precise). This is great news and means we are now more than half way towards our initial target of 20%. Once again thank you to all contributing supporters for this generosity. Quite apart from the increase in shareholding it is important to highlight how helpful our regular contribution is to the Club. Leeann and the Board, we know, are very grateful for our regular monthly contribution and this is only possible with our Members’ continued generosity.

Of course we would love this to be more. We have over 1600 Members and while this continues to grow, it would be great if we could encourage more supporters to join. It is fantastic that crowds have increased and we now have over 11,000 season ticket holders. We have contributed over £400,000 to the Club and this has been able to support our football ambitions. We could help the Club even more if we could enjoy the support of even more supporters. It doesn’t have to be a lot and you can join from as little as £7.73 per month. You will immediately know that you are on a path to owning a part of this wonderful football club as well as helping Neil and the Team.

Joining couldn’t be easier, just log on to www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk (http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/) for more information about what we are trying to achieve and how you can donate.

HSL

C Feeney-Seale
09-02-2017, 07:29 PM
Great to hear that HSL is over half way, brilliant effort by all supporters.

Eyrie
09-02-2017, 07:41 PM
Good to hear the latest on how fans donations are being used to help us own our club.

jacomo
09-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Great effort.

Wee Effen Bee
09-02-2017, 08:27 PM
Fantastic news, very proud of our achievement so far. On another point, I sent in my application for a certificate before Xmas (I have been donating monthly since the beginning) but haven't received or heard back yet. Should I expect the certificate soon?
Cheers

OfficialHSL
10-02-2017, 07:42 AM
Fantastic news, very proud of our achievement so far. On another point, I sent in my application for a certificate before Xmas (I have been donating monthly since the beginning) but haven't received or heard back yet. Should I expect the certificate soon?
Cheers

We are sorry to hear this.

Please drop us an email at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk or a PM.

The HSL Board meet at the end of each month to approve all Applications received that month. Membership Certificates are issued within the first couple of days of the new month. We don't have any backlogs and December and January Certificates are all issued and up to date.

HSL

DaveF
10-02-2017, 08:00 AM
We are sorry to hear this.

Please drop us an email at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk or a PM.

The HSL Board meet at the end of each month to approve all Applications received that month. Membership Certificates are issued within the first couple of days of the new month. We don't have any backlogs and December and January Certificates are all issued and up to date.

HSL

Good news and hopefully more people sign up.

How did the appeal for help go?

Drewster
10-02-2017, 09:07 AM
Great to hear that HSL is over half way, brilliant effort by all supporters.

This is good news, but i can't help feeling a bit disappointed - we had an opportunity to buy 50% of the club for £2.5M
That's approximately £600 each between 4000 Hibs supporters payable over 24 months if required (or longer), and we're not even
close - unless I've got maths wrong?

Maybe HSL should go again with some clear explanation of how much is needed to complete this task?

jacomo
10-02-2017, 10:27 AM
This is good news, but i can't help feeling a bit disappointed - we had an opportunity to buy 50% of the club for £2.5M
That's approximately £600 each between 4000 Hibs supporters payable over 24 months if required (or longer), and we're not even

Maybe HSL should go again with some clear explanation of how much is needed to complete this task?

Steady as she goes. We are making progress.

Mind you, Foundation of Hearts must be miles ahead of us in terms of fan ownership. Forever in their shadow etc.

Can someone remind me, how much of Hearts is owned by the fans? Or should I say, their massive movement?

:wink:

mim
10-02-2017, 10:39 AM

There are supporters outwith HSL who have bought shares surely?

emerald green
10-02-2017, 10:47 AM
The more supporters who sign up to contribute, the more money goes to supporting the club's footballing ambitions.

1600+ members is good, but maybe there are a few more out there who could afford even £7.73 pm? Signing up couldn't be easier.

jacomo
10-02-2017, 11:09 AM

Yes, very true.

Although I am not sure this option is available at the moment, and was restricted to experienced investors anyhow.

Leithenhibby
10-02-2017, 11:32 AM
The more supporters who sign up to contribute, the more money goes to supporting the club's footballing ambitions.

1600+ members is good, but maybe there are a few more out there who could afford even £7.73 pm? Signing up couldn't be easier.

:agree:

Let's not look back in 5 - 10 years time with regret as to what might have been.

We have a tremendous opportunity to getting a HSL member on the clubs board, let's not blow it. The real important part of this process for me is to secure the club for generations to come, not here and now, but for our children's, children.

25.01% can prevent the likes of Mad Vlad and Co, trying to muscle in and destroy everything that we love about Hibernian FC.

2 minutes and you're on board - https://goo.gl/ri7s2d

GGTTH

ColinNish
10-02-2017, 12:03 PM
What sway will a board member nominated by HSL really have?

Viva_Palmeiras
10-02-2017, 12:28 PM

Mind you, Foundation of Hearts must be miles ahead of us in terms of fan ownership. Forever in their shadow etc.

Can someone remind me, how much of Hearts is owned by the fans? Or should I say, their massive movement?

I heard they fall into 2 camps - the uninformed and those that are a bit disappointed.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2017, 12:28 PM

Let's not look back in 5 - 10 years time with regret as to what might have been.

We have a tremendous opportunity to getting a HSL member on the clubs board, let's not blow it. The real important part of this process for me is to secure the club for generations to come, not here and now, but for our children's, children.

25.01% can prevent the likes of Mad Vlad and Co, trying to muscle in and destroy everything that we love about Hibernian FC.

GGTTH

There are already 2 HSL on Board, (Leeann and Stephen)

Andy74
10-02-2017, 12:35 PM

GGTTH

What's the importance of getting an HSL member on the board? What positive difference will this make? We already have a bit of a cross over in boards anyway.

scoopyboy
10-02-2017, 12:37 PM
There are already 2 HSL on Board, (Leeann and Stephen)

Factually correct Brockie.

However those two were board members before HSL.

I think posters are meaning an HSL member being admitted to the board.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2017, 12:38 PM
As HSL had an "agreement" to get a member on Board at 20%, should Hibernian Shareholders (private), now be reformed? and as they own over 20%, elect someone from this to the Board to represent shareholders?

Ozyhibby
10-02-2017, 12:45 PM
As HSL had an "agreement" to get a member on Board at 20%, should Hibernian Shareholders (private), now be reformed? and as they own over 20%, elect someone from this to the Board to represent shareholders?

They should give it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betty Boop
10-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Since when did McCaskill support Hibs ?

CropleyWasGod
10-02-2017, 12:48 PM
Anyone can nominate anyone to the Board. The 20% figure is irrelevant to that.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

ColinNish
10-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Since when did McCaskill support Hibs ?

Since he became Chairman of HSL. :)

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2017, 12:57 PM
Anyone can nominate anyone to the Board. The 20% figure is irrelevant to that.

Cheers CWG:aok:

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2017, 12:57 PM
They should give it a go.

Sure there was talk of reforming group, not sure if this has progressed

Pretty Boy
10-02-2017, 01:03 PM

There were movements to get the/a Shareholders Association (back) up and running.

It all seems to have gone quiet though and I'm not sure how much interest there was. I had tentatively agreed to be involved but haven't heard anything in a while.

lucky
10-02-2017, 01:04 PM
The HSL board member will be elected by HSL members. They will also have the clout of having a 20% shareholding. The more of us that get involved the more money the club has for players.

NAE NOOKIE
10-02-2017, 01:47 PM

Erm ......... I think folk are getting a bit confused over HSL and actual total fan ownership. As I recall the latest update from the club was that between HSL and individual share purchases the total figure was around 20%. This isn't a case of HSL on their own making a bid to buy the club on behalf of the supporters.

Lets not forget this isn't some rush to save a club that's going under, its going to be a gradual steady progression and as far as I can see we are doing OK with that ...... The big picture here is that we aren't too far away from people who love this club being in control of over 25% of it and that is the magic number when it comes to warding off chancers and asset strippers.

If anybody is disappointed with progress so far pop over the road and ask the media's poster boys for fan ownership how much of their club they currently own ......... I'll take our current 20% over 0% any old day of the week :aok:

:lolyam:

offshorehibby
10-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Sure there was talk of reforming group, not sure if this has progressed

I received an application form for this a couple of months back but have yet to fill it in, so i would imagine there are some on here who have returned it and probably have a bit more info.

Leithenhibby
10-02-2017, 02:08 PM
What's the importance of getting an HSL member on the board? What positive difference will this make? We already have a bit of a cross over in boards anyway.

There is a bit of a cross over in boards at the moment, that could change at any giving point and time. What we have at the club is evolving, and will continue to do so. My point was fast forward, 5 - 10 years, then what?

For me, and this is just my opinion, that to secure our club with a solid foundation for generations to come is through HSL. Some will have different ideas as to how this can be achieved, but the collectiveness, for me, makes it a strong option with strength in numbers.

GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
10-02-2017, 02:14 PM
I received an application form for this a couple of months back but have yet to fill it in, so i would imagine there are some on here who have returned it and probably have a bit more info.

How did they identify you as a shareholder mate? I have asked about a shareholders association a few times on here but there appears to be very little activity on that front, certainly not so far as individual shareholders being identified and asked to join one goes, or even contact details so you can ask for an application form either :dunno:

It seems to me that getting some sort of umbrella group going to bring together the block of individual shareholders is quite important ..... HSL by its very nature will achieve that naturally, not something that will apply to the hundreds / thousands of individual shareholders out there .... though I appreciate many people will be in HSL as well as owning shares as individuals.

When the number of shares sold eventually does reach the 51% stage surely it will be important that HSL, individual shareholders and the STF / Petrie 49% block are all singing from the same song sheet ..... in order to achieve that there has to be something in place to enable the thoughts and attitudes of the folk who aren't in HSL to be gathered and represented when it comes to decisions being made that affect the fans or the club.

Actually in view of that I would have thought a shareholders association isn't just quite important .... its vital.

Iggy Pope
10-02-2017, 02:25 PM

The sort of sway that someone with a 20% interest in the club would have. More sway than the token fans pairing elected by some currently have. I doubt they have any sway at all. And as I've said on a not entirely unrelated thread, the sooner that board member is in place the better.

ancient hibee
10-02-2017, 02:52 PM
Yes, very true.

Although I am not sure this option is available at the moment, and was restricted to experienced investors anyhow.
At the time of the AGM 2400 supporters out with HSL owned just under twenty four percent.The last share offer was opened up and if you applied you just had to say that you knew what you were doing there was no great formality and basically you gave them the money and got the shares.The money of course goes the same direction as the HSL funds.

H18 SFR
10-02-2017, 03:18 PM
I have a suggestion. Anyone who pledges £10 or more a month gets free Hibs TV.

jacomo
10-02-2017, 03:19 PM
At the time of the AGM 2400 supporters out with HSL owned just under twenty four percent.The last share offer was opened up and if you applied you just had to say that you knew what you were doing there was no great formality and basically you gave them the money and got the shares.The money of course goes the same direction as the HSL funds.

Wow.

So, taken together, fans own 35% of the club already?

That seems an enormous figure to me.

lord bunberry
10-02-2017, 03:24 PM
Wow.

It's correct though. Hibs will be the first proper fan owned club in Scotland, something the media never mention when talking about fan owned initiatives.

ColinNish
10-02-2017, 03:30 PM
The sort of sway that someone with a 20% interest in the club would have. More sway than the token fans pairing elected by some currently have. I doubt they have any sway at all. And as I've said on a not entirely unrelated thread, the sooner that board member is in place the better.

Not more sway in voting though. One vote for thousands of members. I'm happy keeping my small shareholding which allows me to vote the way I want at AGMs.

offshorehibby
10-02-2017, 04:03 PM
How did they identify you as a shareholder mate? I have asked about a shareholders association a few times on here but there appears to be very little activity on that front, certainly not so far as individual shareholders being identified and asked to join one goes, or even contact details so you can ask for an application form either :dunno:

It seems to me that getting some sort of umbrella group going to bring together the block of individual shareholders is quite important ..... HSL by its very nature will achieve that naturally, not something that will apply to the hundreds / thousands of individual shareholders out there .... though I appreciate many people will be in HSL as well as owning shares as individuals.

When the number of shares sold eventually does reach the 51% stage surely it will be important that HSL, individual shareholders and the STF / Petrie 49% block are all singing from the same song sheet ..... in order to achieve that there has to be something in place to enable the thoughts and attitudes of the folk who aren't in HSL to be gathered and represented when it comes to decisions being made that affect the fans or the club.

Actually in view of that I would have thought a shareholders association isn't just quite important .... its vital.

I've held shares since the days of Duff & Gray and since day one have always revived my accounts and the invite to the AGM.

Something sticks in my mind that they were handing out leaflets at the end of the last AGM, i can't remember if I acknowledged interest on the back of that or could be i'm just on their mailing list.

I'm offshore till a week on Monday but i'll try and remember and scan the info and let you have it and post it on here.

NAE NOOKIE
10-02-2017, 04:18 PM
Wow.

It's correct though. Hibs will be the first proper fan owned club in Scotland, something the media never mention when talking about fan owned initiatives.

That surprises me too, it doesn't seem that long ago that Hibs were quoting a figure of around 20% ....... but if Hibs themselves have said that 24% is owned by individuals and the HSL figure of 11% is added that is indeed 35%.

We might not yet own the club, but we sure as hell have what we need to ensure its protection from those who would do it harm. The next and biggest question of course is what measures are being put in place to ensure the future good health of the club after 51% is achieved?
We cant afford to wait until 51% is fan controlled and then look for answers to questions we should be asking and getting answers to now.

1) What measures are being considered to ensure that all of the different shareholder blocks have a joined up approach to the running of the club? ........ HSL and STF/RP notwithstanding its likely that over 25% of the club will be owned by folk with no collective voice, how will that affect the way the club operates?

2) What does STF intend to do with his 39% ...... I presume RP still owns 10% ..... which goes towards the next question.

3) If STF stands aside as he must do eventually how do we compensate for the loss of a guy whose personal guarantee, if not money, has dug us out of a hole more than once over the last 25 years ...... we will never get bank loans, never mind interest free ones like those we have been granted by STF.

NAE NOOKIE
10-02-2017, 04:25 PM
I've held shares since the days of Duff & Gray and since day one have always revived my accounts and the invite to the AGM.

Something sticks in my mind that they were handing out leaflets at the end of the last AGM, i can't remember if I acknowledged interest on the back of that or could be i'm just on their mailing list.

I'm offshore till a week on Monday but i'll try and remember and scan the info and let you have it and post it on here.

Cheers for that :aok:

Slavoj Zizek
10-02-2017, 04:28 PM
We last updated our Members at the end of November and as a result of feedback received here we are taking the opportunity to start a thread to provide an update to the wider supporter group. We are once again delighted to report that when our latest share subscription is processed Members will be the proud owners of 9,801,875 shares in the Club. This will take our shareholding to almost 11% ( 10.64 to be precise). This is great news and means we are now more than half way towards our initial target of 20%. Once again thank you to all contributing supporters for this generosity. Quite apart from the increase in shareholding it is important to highlight how helpful our regular contribution is to the Club. Leeann and the Board, we know, are very grateful for our regular monthly contribution and this is only possible with our Members’ continued generosity. Of course we would love this to be more. We have over 1600 Members and while this continues to grow, it would be great if we could encourage more supporters to join. It is fantastic that crowds have increased and we now have over 11,000 season ticket holders. We have contributed over £400,000 to the Club and this has been able to support our football ambitions. We could help the Club even more if we could enjoy the support of even more supporters. It doesn’t have to be a lot and you can join from as little as £7.73 per month. You will immediately know that you are on a path to owning a part of this wonderful football club as well as helping Neil and the Team. Joining couldn’t be easier, just log on to www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk (http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/) for more information about what we are trying to achieve and how you can donate. HSL Wonderful news. Forza Hibs. Keep up the good work everyone.

Billy Whizz
10-02-2017, 04:36 PM

They were, I got a pack as well

Eaststand
10-02-2017, 04:36 PM

Can you please pm me with the link to the info sheet too ?

GGTTH

Speedway
10-02-2017, 04:44 PM
Why not bundle HSL membership into the ST price?

offshorehibby
10-02-2017, 04:45 PM

GGTTH

Will do but it'll be two weeks down the line.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-02-2017, 05:08 PM

Thats a great idea!

Even as an opt-in.

May habe tax implications though?

OfficialHSL
10-02-2017, 05:18 PM

Drewster

Needless to say we share your view that this is an opportunity to acquire a meaningful ownership stake in our wonderful Club. We, the supporters however need to decide if we want to seize this opportunity. As you say, we don't need every single fan to join but if we could encourage more supporters to see this opportunity and drive membership up to the level you refer to this would be fantastic. Best of all is that we have this opportunity by the release of new shares. Unlike some other Clubs our funds are not being handed over to an existing Shareholder, our funds are going to the Club to help us get out of this Division as soon as possible. Even if supporters don't have a huge interest in ownership matters it is a very good way to give our Club additional financial support at this time. If you have not already joined please go to www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk.

You can start your ownership journey from as little as £7.73 per month.

HSL

OfficialHSL
10-02-2017, 05:27 PM

Jacomo

Please forgive us for taking some care with our response as we would not pretend to be 100% up to date with Foundation of Hearts matters but if it helps we will offer what information we believe to be true.

Over the next couple of months we understand that FOH will acquire a 20% stake in the Club as a result of their supporters contributing around £1.5m towards their new stand. Around one year later, if they make a further payment of around £1.5m they will acquire a further 15%. After that if they continue to pay a further £2.4m their shareholding will increase to 75.1 %

Hope this helps.

HSL

OfficialHSL
10-02-2017, 05:34 PM

Colin

We have a legally binding agreement with the Club which entitles us to Board representation when certain conditions have been achieved. What is taken forward will be determined by our members.

HSL

Eric
10-02-2017, 05:46 PM

As one of those involved in resurrecting the Shareholders Association I'm pleased to respond. Your post covers exactly why we are looking to get the Association up and running so many thanks.

Over 100 Membership Application forms were handed out at Hibs AGM on 7 Nov 16. To date just over 20 forms have been returned which is a bit of a disappointment as one of the initial aims was to determine whether a "critical mass" of Shareholders are interested in joining.

The lack of progress in bringing the Association back to life has been mainly due to the loss of the Secretary - HibbyRod - who sadly died in December so we will be looking for a Secretary. Any volunteers who are Shareholders?

The annual membership fee is currently £10 per season. As an introductory offer your first membership fee will cover the period up to 30 Jun 18.

If you or any other Shareholder send me a PM with your e-mail address I'll be pleased to forward a pdf Application Form.

And finally apologies to HSL for hijacking this thread but we are Working Together. :wink:

OfficialHSL
10-02-2017, 05:52 PM

Baldy Foghorn

This Agreement was negotiated by the Directors of HSL.

As a result of feedback from members of this Forum we have been asked to be a little bit more proactive in promoting the benefits of HSL. To this end we have initiated this thread to encourage fellow supporters to do what they can and join HSL. It should come as no surprise that we agreed to become Directors of HSL because we believed in the principle of the collective fan ownership group. We do hope you will forgive us for reminding our fellow supporters of what this is :

1. A one person one vote system. It doesn't matter if you are contributing £7.73 per month or £100 per month, we all have the same equal voice. One members voice can only be drowned out by one other member.
2. Democratic. Our time as Directors will be coming to an end. If any of us choose to stand for re-election our fate will be in the hands of our Members. Again, the one member one vote principle is crucial.
3. The power of the Collective. Votes are never wasted. Whatever our shareholding is it will always be cast on the instruction of our membership.

In short we would encourage all supporters who have the financial ability to give additional support to our Club to do so through HSL.

HSL

Drewster
10-02-2017, 06:42 PM
Drewster

Needless to say we share your view that this is an opportunity to acquire a meaningful ownership stake in our wonderful Club. We, the supporters however need to decide if we want to seize this opportunity. As you say, we don't need every single fan to join but if we could encourage more supporters to see this opportunity and drive membership up to the level you refer to this would be fantastic. Best of all is that we have this opportunity by the release of new shares. Unlike some other Clubs our funds are not being handed over to an existing Shareholder, our funds are going to the Club to help us get out of this Division as soon as possible. Even if supporters don't have a huge interest in ownership matters it is a very good way to give our Club additional financial support at this time. If you have not already joined please go to www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk (http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk).

You can start your ownership journey from as little as £7.73 per month.

HSL

And, if a large proportion of the 1600+ existing members are continuing to donate - it will only take another approximately £250 each to acquire another 10%.

Iggy Pope
10-02-2017, 06:49 PM
Not more sway in voting though. One vote for thousands of members. I'm happy keeping my small shareholding which allows me to vote the way I want at AGMs.

I have that same small shareholding as you. Vote what you like at AGMs it counts for nothing. You might get a question swatted aside at best. One vote for thousands of members is precisely one more vote than any of us out here have right now.

Iggy Pope
10-02-2017, 06:58 PM
And, if a large proportion of the 1600+ existing members are continuing to donate - it will only take another approximately £250 each to acquire another 10%.

Forgive me, as a layman. Does this suggest that we burden that 1600 with the added financial task of supporting the countless thousands of others who really can't be arsed finding £7 a month?

Iggy Pope
10-02-2017, 07:00 PM

GGTTH

Me too. Ta.

Mikey
10-02-2017, 07:01 PM
Forgive me, as a layman. Does this suggest that we burden that 1600 with the added financial task of supporting the countless thousands of others who really can't be arsed finding £7 a month?

It's the usual story. People want something done, they want it done NOW and they want it done by someone else!

emerald green
10-02-2017, 07:06 PM

:agree: The 1,600 have already done their fair share. It's time for some others (who can afford it) to step up too.

ancient hibee
10-02-2017, 07:26 PM
You mean force ST purchasers to pay money to HSL whether they want to or not?

ColinNish
10-02-2017, 07:32 PM
I have that same small shareholding as you. Vote what you like at AGMs it counts for nothing. You might get a question swatted aside at best. One vote for thousands of members is precisely one more vote than any of us out here have right now.

We'll just have to agree to disagree I'm afraid. Join HSL and you don't agree with the majority on a vote then you're gubbed. With my shares i get to vote the way I want.

Eyrie
10-02-2017, 07:34 PM
We'll just have to agree to disagree I'm afraid. Join HSL and you don't agree with the majority on a vote then you're gubbed. With my shares i get to vote the way I want.

Or do both, like many of us have.

ColinNish
10-02-2017, 07:38 PM
Or do both, like many of us have.

No thanks, i also don't agree with LeeAnn being on the board of HSL.

matty_f
10-02-2017, 07:47 PM

Have suggested this before, I think it's a great idea, not mandatory but as an option to bolt-on to a season ticket purchase.

WhileTheChief..
10-02-2017, 08:10 PM

It's not about not being arsed.

Me giving £7.73pm won't make a blind bit of difference to the club and I don't want fan ownership.

I spend more than that on pies and bovril at ER. I'm doing my bit :na na:

WhileTheChief..
10-02-2017, 08:11 PM
It's the usual story. People want something done, they want it done NOW and they want it done by someone else!

Not quite.

I don't want it done, anytime by anyone!

CropleyWasGod
10-02-2017, 11:28 PM
If you are a member of HSL, you can help to change that. Otherwise, you have no such power.

jgl07
11-02-2017, 12:46 AM
Not true!

Hearts are owned by Budgie. Is she not a fan?

et vireta
11-02-2017, 06:20 AM

Me giving £7.73pm won't make a blind bit of difference to the club and I don't want fan ownership.

You clearly are no fan of fan ownership.Not a believer in the fan collective ? What do you think of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich ?

The member of HSL who pays £7.73 or £100 per month has raised over £400,000 for the club. So that has made not a blind bit of difference ?
Think squad we have and trophies won (think 21 May 2016)

Finally and this is the big point for me.........

You say your spending your money on pies and bovril ? So the club has to give you something in return for you handing over your money yeh ?
How is that helping Hibs ? I think it's more about helping your belly

If JFK was alive today he would probably utter the immortal words

My Fellow Hibbes

Ask not what your fitba club can do for you
Ask what you can do for your fitba club

Come on folks lets help The Hibs OUR fitba club !

:flag:

offshorehibby
11-02-2017, 06:30 AM
Sorry for hijacking thread slightly but a few of you wer looking for the Hibernian Share Holders Association form. Hopefully i've managed to attach the PDF.

superfurryhibby
11-02-2017, 07:17 AM

Care to be a bit more "sharing" rather than just make statements with polemic points of view? Maybe say a little about why. It's the spirit of a discussion forum after all?

Keith_M
11-02-2017, 07:26 AM

I can confirm that first hand

macca70
11-02-2017, 07:28 AM
Puddle drinkers across the city having a chuckle at how there fan ownership plan has significantly more subscriptions than ours.
The difference being, our club is self sufficient, if we don't pay our direct debits for fans ownership, our club still survives, we didn't go into admin, we weren't on the brink of extinction and the survival of our club isn't in the balance dependant on whether or not a few thousand cancel their Direct Debits.

ColinNish
11-02-2017, 07:37 AM
Care to be a bit more "sharing" rather than just make statements with polemic points of view? Maybe say a little about why. It's the spirit of a discussion forum after all?

Sorry, didn't really think I'd need to explain. It's a conflict of interest that she's on both boards.

Ozyhibby
11-02-2017, 07:42 AM
Puddle drinkers across the city having a chuckle at how there fan ownership plan has significantly more subscriptions than ours.
The difference being, our club is self sufficient, if we don't pay our direct debits for fans ownership, our club still survives, we didn't go into admin, we weren't on the brink of extinction and the survival of our club isn't in the balance dependant on whether or not a few thousand cancel their Direct Debits.

Their club will survive as well. It will just remain with Budge longer. Besides, there is no evidence that their d/d's are being cancelled. This year was their highest total so far of £1.5m. It is giving them a significant amount of extra cash to spend on their new stand.

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2017, 07:52 AM
Sorry, didn't really think I'd need to explain. It's a conflict of interest that she's on both boards.
In what way?

And does that apply to Stephen Dunn as well?

macca70
11-02-2017, 07:52 AM
Their club will survive as well. It will just remain with Budge longer. Besides, there is no evidence that their d/d's are being cancelled. This year was their highest total so far of £1.5m. It is giving them a significant amount of extra cash to spend on their new stand.

I'm not saying they are cancelling, but if all 8000 of them did, could they survive? £1.5m is quite significant

Ozyhibby
11-02-2017, 08:02 AM
I'm not saying they are cancelling, but if all 8000 of them did, could they survive? £1.5m is quite significant

Of course, their debt is manageable. I love a negative story about the yams as much as the next person but there is nothing negative about what FoH are achieving. It's £1.5m of free money every year. That buys a lot of football talent in Scottish football. Without it Hearts would have a much weaker team on the park.
HSL has not been quite as popular with Hibs fans but has also been a success and without it we would also have a weaker team on the park.
A top earner at either club will be lucky to be on £150k a year tops. FoH are currently giving them enough to pay 10 top SPFL earners. That will be significant in years to come. The teams who pay more tend to have the most success.

ColinNish
11-02-2017, 08:02 AM
In what way?

And does that apply to Stephen Dunn as well?

I'll point you back to the loyalty points debacle, that'll tell you all you need.

And yes to your 2nd question.

Golden Bear
11-02-2017, 08:14 AM

I can confirm that first hand

And that goes for me as well.

I'm not really sold on the concept of fan ownership as I think it could lead to more problems than what already exists.

I suppose I purchased shares as a means of portraying my loyalty rather than anything else.

offshorehibby
11-02-2017, 08:16 AM
I'll point you back to the loyalty points debacle, that'll tell you all you need.

So, i think everybody agrees, even the club themselves that maybe the points thing was a mistake. It's over and done with, in the past, the loyalty points aren't even relevant at the moment. What is it you want from the club.

superfurryhibby
11-02-2017, 08:18 AM

Just for clarity, the loyalty points scheme and they way it operated makes you want Dempster and Dunn off the board of the football club and HSL? In the great scheme of things I'm not seeing the significance.

When HSL reach the 20% mark then surely it's members get to elect their own representation, it becomes autonomous and Dempster and Dunn step back?

Ozyhibby highlights how fans can contribute to a clubs footballing potential. A well run club, fiscal prudence and fans backing is surely the way forward.

Banks are not going to lend as they did in the past, reliance on benevolent owners especially elderly ones, isn't offering security. How else does a club like Hibs compete and thrive?

What's the alternative, because I can't really see one?

Eric
11-02-2017, 08:39 AM
Sorry for hijacking thread slightly but a few of you wer looking for the Hibernian Share Holders Association form. Hopefully i've managed to attach the PDF.

No problem with you having posted the link to the Shareholders Association Membership Application form I sent you but the reason I didn't put the link in my post is that replies requesting the pdf give us an additional indication of potential Shareholder interest.

WhileTheChief..
11-02-2017, 08:54 AM
You clearly are no fan of fan ownership.Not a believer in the fan collective ? What do you think of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich ?

The member of HSL who pays £7.73 or £100 per month has raised over £400,000 for the club. So that has made not a blind bit of difference ?

You say your spending your money on pies and bovril ? So the club has to give you something in return for you handing over your money yeh ?

My Fellow Hibbes

I can't stand Real or Bayern, they epitomise all that's wrong with European football.

I want something in return for handing over my cash? Too damn right. Same as anytime I spend any money really! I'm going for a haircut today, I'm not just going to hand over my cash then walk out the barbers.

I never said the pies and bovril were for me.

Couldn't care less what JFK might have said. If he was alive today I'd like to think he'd be worrying more about Trump than Hibs.

Not all of us want fan ownership. In fact, it looks like only 1600 or so fans are keen on it.

I'm just a fan. I don't care about what happens in the boardroom, I want no say in the running of our club and I don't want fans on the board making decisions on 'my' behalf.

I buy a ST each year. That's it from me. If the club / other fans aren't happy with that and want more out of me then sorry but I'm not up for it.

Iggy Pope
11-02-2017, 09:57 AM

Fair enough and I see your further response too.
You don't speak on behalf of the other 10,000 or so ST holders who can't be arsed though.

Iggy Pope
11-02-2017, 10:04 AM

I think an HSL voice on the board would have had more weight in the Loyalty Points debacle (and indeed, it is a debacle).
As opposed to the two current fans reps who have the pleasure of attending board meetings but without any clout. The HSL guy (or gal) would have 20% ownership and quite a movement of paying members behind them, something the rest of the board would do well to respect.

NAE NOOKIE
11-02-2017, 11:04 AM
And that goes for me as well.

I'm not really sold on the concept of fan ownership as I think it could lead to more problems than what already exists.

I suppose I purchased shares as a means of portraying my loyalty rather than anything else.

This is kind of where I am as well .... I would have bought shares even if it hadn't been part of an initiative to give fans overall control, just because its nice to be able to say I own a tiny, tiny microscopic part of the football club I love.

The closer we get to fans gaining overall control of the club the more uneasy I get about what it could mean for our future ..... when this subject is raised I always have the same point to make and have yet to hear anybody give a satisfactory response to it:

With fans having control of 51% of the club it effectively slams the door shut on any guy with more money than sense one day ploughing untold millions into the club .... megalomaniacs or even minted die hard fans whose heart rules their financial head are not going to be attracted to any football club they cant call themselves 'owner' of ... at a minimum they would want that status for their money.

That leaves Hibs in the position where our revenue is solely reliant on gate receipts, TV money, transfer fees and other commercial revenue streams, including HSL contributions. What happens when the time comes ( which history tells us it surely will ) that Hibs are doing poorly on the pitch, season ticket and walk up sales drop off, and as a result other revenue streams like sponsorship dry up, or are at best worth less money, and we don't have a Scott Brown, Steven Fletcher, John McGinn or Jason Cummings to sell to make up the shortfall?

We may not have a sugar daddy just now in the sense of a Thomson family at Dundee Utd for example .... but the guy we do have has without doubt acted as an effective barrier in staving off the worst that could have happened as a result of our trials and tribulations over the last quarter of a century, the time will come when we don't even have a STF to wipe our arse. Lets not forget the shiny modern stadium we are all so proud of was maybe paid for with mortgages, but we only got those mortgages because STF personally guaranteed them.

Having enough revenue to tread water as a regular top 6 club is one thing, but we simply don't have the fan base required to pump in the millions required to one day challenge Celtic on a regular basis, which surely has to be the long term aim no matter how unrealistic that might seem at the moment ... if its not then what's the bloody point? .......... To my mind I cant see how we are ever going to do that if we are in a situation where we considerably lessen the odds of somebody pouring his or her private millions into the club ..... yes its unlikely, but sometimes it happens.

In view of that I am much more of a fan of the idea of individual fans having enough of the club under their control to be able to scupper any asset strippers or Mad Vlad types rather than having overall control.

superfurryhibby
11-02-2017, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE=NAE NOOKIE;4939527]This is kind of where I am as well .... I would have bought shares even if it hadn't been part of an initiative to give fans overall control, just because its nice to be able to say I own a tiny, tiny microscopic part of the football club I love.

The closer we get to fans gaining overall control of the club the more uneasy I get about what it could mean for our future ..... when this subject is raised I always have the same point to make and have yet to hear anybody give a satisfactory response to it:

With fans having control of 51% of the club it effectively slams the door shut on any guy with more money than sense one day ploughing untold millions into the club .... megalomaniacs or even minted die hard fans whose heart rules their financial head are not going to be attracted to any football club they cant call themselves 'owner' of ... at a minimum they would want that status for their money.

That leaves Hibs in the position where our revenue is solely reliant on gate receipts, TV money, transfer fees and other commercial revenue streams, including HSL contributions. What happens when the time comes ( which history tells us it surely will ) that Hibs are doing poorly on the pitch, season ticket and walk up sales drop off, and as a result other revenue streams like sponsorship dry up, or are at best worth less money, and we don't have a Scott Brown, Steven Fletcher, John McGinn or Jason Cummings to sell to make up the shortfall?

We may not have a sugar daddy just now in the sense of a Thomson family at Dundee Utd for example .... but the guy we do have has without doubt acted as an effective barrier in staving off the worst that could have happened as a result of our trials and tribulations over the last quarter of a century, the time will come when we don't even have a STF to wipe our arse. Lets not forget the shiny modern stadium we are all so proud of was maybe paid for with mortgages, but we only got those mortgages because STF personally guaranteed them.

Having enough revenue to tread water as a regular top 6 club is one thing, but we simply don't have the fan base required to pump in the millions required to one day challenge Celtic on a regular basis, which surely has to be the long term aim no matter how unrealistic that might seem at the moment ... if its not then what's the bloody point? .......... To my mind I cant see how we are ever going to do that if we are in a situation where we considerably lessen the odds of somebody pouring his or her private millions into the club ..... yes its unlikely, but sometimes it happens.

In view of that I am much more of a fan of the idea of individual fans having enough of the club under their control to be able to scupper any asset strippers or Mad Vlad types rather than having overall control.[/QUOTE)

Long term aim has to be to ensure the club operates within it's means. Challenging Celtic is a pipedream,in the modern era this is not going to happen.

I picture a well run club, nurturing young pkayers and maximising fan input. Consistent high finishes and the odd trophy is the aim for me.

STF is not here forever. What happens when he goes? Maybe his heirs will just want out, where would that leave us? As you say, strong fan representation will help safeguard us against predatory opportunists.

I can't see banks lashing out the cash to fund football clubs anytime soon, speculation for accumulation sake gas been shown to fail. Therefore it's about sustainable ownership, if that isn't possible then 99% of Scottish teams are in danger of going down the tubes. We have the facilities, a great baseline wit secured debt. Let's keep building on it, everyone has a part to play!

ColinNish
11-02-2017, 12:15 PM
I think an HSL voice on the board would have had more weight in the Loyalty Points debacle (and indeed, it is a debacle).
As opposed to the two current fans reps who have the pleasure of attending board meetings but without any clout. The HSL guy (or gal) would have 20% ownership and quite a movement of paying members behind them, something the rest of the board would do well to respect.

That made me laugh out loud.

NAE NOOKIE
11-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Challenging Celtic is a pipedream[/B],in the modern era this is not going to happen.

I picture a well run club, nurturing young pkayers and maximising fan input. Consistent high finishes and the odd trophy is the aim for me.

STF is not here forever. What happens when he goes? Maybe his heirs will just want out, where would that leave us? As you say, strong fan representation will help safeguard us against predatory opportunists.

I can't see banks lashing out the cash to fund football clubs anytime soon, speculation for accumulation sake gas been shown to fail. Therefore it's about sustainable ownership, if that isn't possible then 99% of Scottish teams are in danger of going down the tubes. We have the facilities, a great baseline wit secured debt. Let's keep building on it, everyone has a part to play!

Yes it is a pipe dream ...... but it still has to be an aim no matter how far fetched and closing the door to ever having independent financial input makes that a certainty rather than a 1000/1 possibility. No matter how unlikely I for one would prefer to have that pipe dream to cling on to than just accept that its never going to happen.

I acknowledged further back in the thread that the banks are now a no go for clubs and also that STF is a finite entity ..... As I said I would prefer it if the door was left open for another STF to step in.

jacomo
11-02-2017, 01:26 PM

My Fellow Hibbes

This post is a bit OTT.

Supporters who turn out regularly at ER (especially ST holders) are the lifeblood of the club.

Some may have the means and desire to buy shares as well, but it is a matter of choice. I suspect a lot of people contribute to HSL because they can't attend matches regularly.

barcahibs
11-02-2017, 01:43 PM

My Fellow Hibbes

Sorry, i think that is a bit strong. There's loads of people not members of hsl for all sorts of different reasons.

I'm a shareholder but not an hsl member, I'm only really a shareholder for sentimental reasons tbh i want nothing to do with the running of the club.

Some of the posts by people looking forward to the day when the 'fans' will be running the club worry me a bit, I'm really not sure that's workable, or even a very good idea.

A fans group that has the ability to express supporters concerns to the board and be taken seriously? Yes, i can see the point of that.

A fans group that claims to represent all fans interests/viewpoints and can force the board to act in a certain way? Absolutely no.

ancient hibee
11-02-2017, 01:44 PM

You seem very keen on the HSL nominee being in conflict with the board.Care to expand?

ancient hibee
11-02-2017, 01:52 PM
Yes it is a pipe dream ...... but it still has to be an aim no matter how far fetched and closing the door to ever having independent financial input makes that a certainty rather than a 1000/1 possibility. No matter how unlikely I for one would prefer to have that pipe dream to cling on to than just accept that its never going to happen.

I acknowledged further back in the thread that the banks are now a no go for clubs and also that STF is a finite entity ..... As I said I would prefer it if the door was left open for another STF to step in.

I was going to raise the point of the effect of increased fan shareholding at the last AGM but decided it could wait for another year.I'll be raising it next year and intend to write to Rod Petrie beforehand suggesting that rather than raise it as a question the board should have an agenda item after the formal business to discuss fan ownership,the future and possible repercussions.

Iggy Pope
11-02-2017, 02:44 PM
You seem very keen on the HSL nominee being in conflict with the board.Care to expand?

I've never mentioned conflict. That would be the very last thing I'd want. I'm fed up with it.
I'm thinking more a voice for the legions that support the club, hand over fist, without question.

That doesn't exist amongst the current shareholders, currently struggling to pull an Association together.
It doesn't exist amongst the current fans reps pairing.
It doesn't exist amongst Season Ticket holders.
It doesn't exist within the Hibernian Supporters Association.
It doesn't exist within HSL.

I'm only a rebel in my genetic make up. I love the club and always have. Take back the conflict suggestion please.

Ta.

et vireta
11-02-2017, 02:46 PM
This is kind of where I am as well .... I would have bought shares even if it hadn't been part of an initiative to give fans overall control, just because its nice to be able to say I own a tiny, tiny microscopic part of the football club I love.

In view of that I am much more of a fan of the idea of individual fans having enough of the club under their control to be able to scupper any asset strippers or Mad Vlad types rather than having overall control.

A great deal of thought has went into this post.

For those out there who are uncertain regarding fan ownership, I would ask them to read your very last paragraph.
That has got to be the first part of the journey.

The rest at this moment in time is still conjecture

Iggy Pope
11-02-2017, 02:59 PM
That made me laugh out loud.

Why? You think the board won't respect such intrusion or you think it may never materialise? I'm interested to see what that vote of yours amounts to at the next AGM. It won't change anything though, I know that already. I'm a veteran of these things. Maybe you're not after change. The fans reps evidently aren't either. I recall the melon that was Colin Calderwood telling one of them to shut up at his first AGM Q&A. Doubt much has changed around that table really.

Golden Bear
11-02-2017, 03:09 PM
Sometimes it's better the devil you know. As things stand, my preference and trust will remain with the current regime.

ancient hibee
11-02-2017, 03:39 PM
I've never mentioned conflict. That would be the very last thing I'd want. I'm fed up with it.
I'm thinking more a voice for the legions that support the club, hand over fist, without question.

That doesn't exist amongst the current shareholders, currently struggling to pull an Association together.
It doesn't exist amongst the current fans reps pairing.
It doesn't exist amongst Season Ticket holders.
It doesn't exist within the Hibernian Supporters Association.
It doesn't exist within HSL.

I'm only a rebel in my genetic make up. I love the club and always have. Take back the conflict suggestion please.

Ta.

Gladly.

However,I think the fans have the ultimate power,they vote with their feet.

Iggy Pope
11-02-2017, 03:45 PM
Sometimes it's better the devil you know. As things stand, my preference and trust will remain with the current regime.

The current regime admit that they enjoy the funds and encourage the financial input that HSL offers, but nonetheless continue to pull the strings. I understand the need for trust. And someone has to run our club. I'm not sure I really know this devil like you do. But they can't have it both ways. I'm not suggesting that the club is skint but it would be a bit rich to expect the golden eagle to drop an egg their way every now and then, but with nowt in return.
The cash injection that Shareholders have provided (and I'm one of them too) doesn't have the continuity that the HSL offers. Longevity.

OfficialHSL
12-02-2017, 10:15 AM

As we initiated this thread we do hope you don't mind us adding some points for clarity.

Of course we understand and do respect your opinion. What we can say however is that while an individual amount of £7.73/£10/£18.75 may not seem like a lot, it is, when this is multiplied several times over. That can really make a difference, particularly when Scottish Football generally is not awash with funding. While HSL may not be for you, we do hope others appreciate that every single new supporter joining can and will make a difference. Supporters across the city provided £3.2m of working capital and £1.5m (so far ) towards their new stand, and all of this from small individual contributions. Small amounts can make a difference.

Can we also clarify our position regarding Fan Ownership. We have right from the outset made it clear that the Club's initiative was not about a buy out. This is a buy in. HSL is not a Campaign Group or a protest Group. We are supporting the Strategy initiated by the Club Board about widening the ownership base. We believe this can be best achieved through a collective, democratic vehicle such as HSL. Best of all this is being achieved as a result of a new share issue rather than a disposal of shares by the principal shareholder. This means that our contributions go to the Club. So even if supporters have no interest in ownership stakes or Board appointments what our contributions can do is simply help our team, not just to get out of this Division but build for the future.

Finally can we thanks all new supporters who have joined over the last few days following our update.

HSL

WhileTheChief..
12-02-2017, 10:21 AM
I wish you every success and don't mean to put a downer on things.

It's just not for me.

What I don't like though is other fans trying to guilt me in to coughing up, not anyone at HSL I should add, but I've never really liked people telling others how to spend their money.

If folk want to sign up they will, they shouldn't be made to feel any less of a supporter if they don't.

Super_JMcGinn
12-02-2017, 10:43 AM
I wish you every success and don't mean to put a downer on things.

It's just not for me.

What I don't like though is other fans trying to guilt me in to coughing up, not anyone at HSL I should add, but I've never really liked people telling others how to spend their money.

If folk want to sign up they will, they shouldn't be made to feel any less of a supporter if they don't.
But they're NOT telling you now are they, and they're certainly NOT trying to guilt you. If it's not for you why not just accept that ? You'll always get fans thinking they are better than others look at the loyalty points thread it doesn't mean it's true.

I have shares I contribute to HSL monthly and I have 2 stones in the EAST I'm no bigger a fan than my dad who does nothing but go to home games :aok:

emerald green
12-02-2017, 10:49 AM
As we initiated this thread we do hope you don't mind us adding some points for clarity.

Of course we understand and do respect your opinion. What we can say however is that while an individual amount of £7.73/£10/£18.75 may not seem like a lot, it is, when this is multiplied several times over. That can really make a difference, particularly when Scottish Football generally is not awash with funding. While HSL may not be for you, we do hope others appreciate that every single new supporter joining can and will make a difference. Supporters across the city provided £3.2m of working capital and £1.5m (so far ) towards their new stand, and all of this from small individual contributions. Small amounts can make a difference.

Can we also clarify our position regarding Fan Ownership. We have right from the outset made it clear that the Club's initiative was not about a buy out. This is a buy in. HSL is not a Campaign Group or a protest Group. We are supporting the Strategy initiated by the Club Board about widening the ownership base. We believe this can be best achieved through a collective, democratic vehicle such as HSL. Best of all this is being achieved as a result of a new share issue rather than a disposal of shares by the principal shareholder. This means that our contributions go to the Club. So even if supporters have no interest in ownership stakes or Board appointments what our contributions can do is simply help our team, not just to get out of this Division but build for the future.

Finally can we thanks all new supporters who have joined over the last few days following our update.

HSL

The bit in bold - that's the most important part of all this as far as I'm concerned.

OfficialHSL
12-02-2017, 10:54 AM

Nae Nookie

You make a number of valid points which we suspect very few would disagree.

Can we reiterate our position regarding buying in to the Club's strategy. Ownership of a football Club carries with it a significant responsibility. Our role as Directors of HSL is to provide a safe vehicle for supporters who want to provide additional financial support to our Club. Should existing and future Members decide to continue this financial support HSL will be entitled to Board representation. The role of a non executive Director is to provide whatever support they can to the Executive Team in their aim to get our wonderful Club to the top of Scottish Football. When we agreed to be Directors our principle aims were to help provide additional funding to the Club that we all love, and if at the same time we could achieve an ownership stake of 25.1% so much the better. We support the collective method of doing that as we believe it to be more democratic and accessible to all supporters.

HSL

Gerard
12-02-2017, 12:26 PM
I think HSL gives the club money it needs to spend on improving the team and giving fans a chance to serve on the Hibs BODs. I would like to see HSL more frequently update their website with news.

WhileTheChief..
12-02-2017, 01:44 PM
But they're NOT telling you now are they, and they're certainly NOT trying to guilt you. If it's not for you why not just accept that ?

Hence why I said this in my post....

Eyrie
12-02-2017, 05:36 PM
I think HSL gives the club money it needs to spend on improving the team and giving fans a chance to serve on the Hibs BODs. I would like to see HSL more frequently update their website with news.

I'm pleased they gave us an update on here. Communication is key, regardless of the medium.

offshorehibby
16-02-2017, 08:00 PM
Received an email saying my DD had stopped. I paid the full amount straight off then started the monthly DD's. I'm guessing that must be a year of the DD's so I'm guessing they stop automatically after a year.
I won't be able to check the bank till tomorrow, can anybody remember what it shows up as on your statement.

Leithenhibby
16-02-2017, 09:45 PM
Received an email saying my DD had stopped. I paid the full amount straight off then started the monthly DD's. I'm guessing that must be a year of the DD's so I'm guessing they stop automatically after a year.
I won't be able to check the bank till tomorrow, can anybody remember what it shows up as on your statement.

Should show as - GoCardless......

GGTTH

offshorehibby
17-02-2017, 06:01 AM
Should show as - GoCardless......

GGTTH

Thought so, i have 2 gocardless for the same amount one for HSL and one for KicksforKids.