PDA

View Full Version : STV Edinburgh Sports News

Wee Effen Bee
09-02-2017, 05:32 PM
...I missed Monday's bulletin but have watched every night since. No Hibs input at all but Hearts leading every night. I was expecting something tonight but no, the lead story was Hertz and one of their recent recruits. Nowt from Hibs again. The only Hibs connection was a wee interview with Pat Stanton...along with Medals MacKay! I know it's not an anti Hibs show and certainly not a conspiracy against us but, surely an 'Edinburgh-based' sports bulletin should give equal time to the main teams. Or are we handicapped due to not being in the big team's league?

Ronniekirk
09-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Maybe we want to let them hog the headlines and keep things low key and do our talking on the pitch

WoreTheGreen
09-02-2017, 05:38 PM
Said the same months ago. We wonder what tie will be worn tonight marron or red white &blue.Maybe Lennon thinks let them crack on with non stories

where'stheslope
09-02-2017, 05:39 PM
...I missed Monday's bulletin but have watched every night since. No Hibs input at all but Hearts leading every night. I was expecting something tonight but no, the lead story was Hertz and one of their recent recruits. Nowt from Hibs again. The only Hibs connection was a wee interview with Pat Stanton...along with Medals MacKay! I know it's not an anti Hibs show and certainly not a conspiracy against us but, surely an 'Edinburgh-based' sports bulletin should give equal time to the main teams. Or are we handicapped due to not being in the big team's league?

I think your right!

They have had a piece on Hearts every night this week, except tonight they showed a small clip of Cumming goal at the weekend, and a wee talk with Stanton and MacKay about Sunday's game.

As usual MacKay goes for a 3-1 win for Hearts, Stanton says Hibs will not lose!!

H18 SFR
09-02-2017, 05:42 PM

Its the same on Radio Scotland right now.

DavieRoy
09-02-2017, 05:42 PM
Sky Sports News HQ have been running this all day.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10760953/gray-we-can-beat-hearts-again

They have extended interviews up with Neil Lennon and David Gray on Catch Up TV, 10 minute interviews, good stuff.

It is a bit of a nightmare to find but on your Sky box, you go to the menu then Catch Up TV, then Sky Sports, then Football, then Scottish, then you can download it. Phew.

A few you might not want to, Budge, Cathro and Duffy all up there too.

lord bunberry
09-02-2017, 05:52 PM
Monday night will feature us heavily I suspect :wink:

Golden Bear
09-02-2017, 05:58 PM
Action speaks louder than words. We'll do our talking on the park and that's where it counts.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2017, 05:59 PM
I'm glad they think they're world beaters again and delighted they're talking themselves up in the media.

Scouse Hibee
09-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Hearts have spent the week staying in St Andrews preparing for us!

Golden Bear
09-02-2017, 06:08 PM

The netball team got first dibs on "their" training centre this week.

Pete
09-02-2017, 06:11 PM

We'll still win by about two holes on Sunday.

GreenLake
09-02-2017, 06:17 PM

Cathro was practising his chip on the shoulder

Golden Bear
09-02-2017, 06:22 PM

Think it will be fore myself.

Aldo
09-02-2017, 06:39 PM

Aye because their 'shared' training facility is being used by Scottish Rugby and Uni pupils.

Weather up this way (north east fife)has been very poor the last few days so not sure how much training they actually have been doing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wee Effen Bee
09-02-2017, 06:41 PM
Its the same on Radio Scotland right now.
I haven't really listened to the radio at this time midweek and I was only commenting on what I had seen, or not seen, this week. Maybe it's because the Jambos are world beaters again and will surely pip Celtic to the title and win the SC before their victorious onslaught of the 2017/18 European Champs League.:aok:

Billy Whizz
09-02-2017, 06:54 PM

It was a half at Tynie last year. 2 up with 2 to play and they blew it up.
We won the play off by one hole

Thecat23
09-02-2017, 06:59 PM
I also said the same tonight. No surprise as Paul Barnes and Jamie Bothwick are jambos.

DavieRoy
09-02-2017, 07:26 PM
I also said the same tonight. No surprise as Paul Barnes and Jamie Bothwick are jambos.

Paul Barnes is a St. Mirren fan.

greenlex
09-02-2017, 07:40 PM
Lennon tomorrow night.

Wee Effen Bee
09-02-2017, 08:24 PM
Lennon tomorrow night.
With or without some Hearts content?:greengrin

Bostonhibby
09-02-2017, 08:28 PM
With or without some Hearts content?:greengrin
They might ask him if he's worried about being attacked by a yam who manages to get onto the pitch again by evading their woefully inadequate security. Not the first time and unlikely to be the last.

Wee Effen Bee
09-02-2017, 09:10 PM
They might ask him if he's worried about being attacked by a yam who manages to get onto the pitch again by evading their woefully inadequate security. Not the first time and unlikely to be the last.

:agree:

Ronniekirk
09-02-2017, 09:41 PM

Doing a lot of workouts on the beach Maybe they are going to heavily sand the pitch🤑

Thecat23
09-02-2017, 10:10 PM

Really?

at last 61
09-02-2017, 10:19 PM
It might be because we will have some news tomorrow just a hunch. Only saying

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Stantons Angel
09-02-2017, 10:48 PM
I think your right!

They have had a piece on Hearts every night this week, except tonight they showed a small clip of Cumming goal at the weekend, and a wee talk with Stanton and MacKay about Sunday's game.

As usual MacKay goes for a 3-1 win for Hearts, Stanton says Hibs will not lose!!

And i believe Pat!

lord bunberry
10-02-2017, 07:11 AM
So is chick young apparently :wink:

Golden Bear
10-02-2017, 07:28 AM
It might be because we will have some news tomorrow just a hunch. Only saying

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

:hmmm:

ColinNish
10-02-2017, 07:33 AM