PDA

View Full Version : NHC Malaga

ACLeith
08-02-2017, 08:38 PM
I am hoping to attend a Malaga La Liga match at La Rosaleda at the end of this month. I see they have a store outlet in Fuengirola that I think sells tickets so as that is quite handy for where I am staying I am thinking of getting a ticket there.

The prices seem to vary quite a lot from a lot more than ours to a lot less, so looking for any advice on the best sections of the ground to go to?

Allyp
08-02-2017, 09:03 PM
I am hoping to attend a Malaga La Liga match at La Rosaleda at the end of this month. I see they have a store outlet in Fuengirola that I think sells tickets so as that is quite handy for where I am staying I am thinking of getting a ticket there.

The prices seem to vary quite a lot from a lot more than ours to a lot less, so looking for any advice on the best sections of the ground to go to?

I go over to see Malaga 5/6 times a year, you will enjoy the experience.
The cheapest & noisiest part of the ground is 'GOL' , lower tier if possible although you get a good view from the upper.
'FONDO' is behind the other goal, 'PREFIENCIA' is along the side but more expensive.
You can get tickets online with print at home available from this season, alternatively get in touch via Facebook with'the lounge bar' Benalmadena who run a bus with pick ups all along the coast & will supply tickets.
If you want a bevvy before the game go to the MADRID BAR which is about 5 mins walk from La Rosaleda, most of the expats drink there before the game.
Hope this is helpful.
what dates are you going as I will be there for the Betis game on 28th.

Billy Whizz
08-02-2017, 09:06 PM

The lounge bar in Benalmadena runs buses, and organises tickets for all home games. If you google it, you can make contact with them

IWasThere2016
08-02-2017, 09:06 PM
It's fab. I was there last Feb for Real Madrid game.

Stayed in the Barcelo - Real Madrid stayed there. Met a few players etc..

Going back in April for Valencia game.

Try and avoid the stand behind the goal - I had a major attack of vertigo - thing is soooo steep!!

ACLeith
08-02-2017, 09:21 PM
I go over to see Malaga 5/6 times a year, you will enjoy the experience.
The cheapest & noisiest part of the ground is 'GOL' , lower tier if possible although you get a good view from the upper.
'FONDO' is behind the other goal, 'PREFIENCIA' is along the side but more expensive.
You can get tickets online with print at home available from this season, alternatively get in touch via Facebook with'the lounge bar' Benalmadena who run a bus with pick ups all along the coast & will supply tickets.
If you want a bevvy before the game go to the MADRID BAR which is about 5 mins walk from La Rosaleda, most of the expats drink there before the game.
Hope this is helpful.
what dates are you going as I will be there for the Betis game on 28th.

Thanks AllyP, that's the game I'm planning to go to!

We (wife and myself) are staying in Mijas Pueblo, but we want to have a decent look at Malaga itself so are staying overnight in the city. Don't think the wife thinks it's a coincidence it ties in with the game :greengrin. She has no interest in the match (in truth no interest in football) but is thinking of coming with me to the game to save staying in the hotel on her own :boo hoo:

I am sure I could persuade her though to sip a wee glass of vino, can you point me in the direction of the bar you mentioned?

ACLeith
08-02-2017, 09:23 PM

Try and avoid the stand behind the goal - I had a major attack of vertigo - thing is soooo steep!!

Even worse than Tynie??

Itsnoteasy
08-02-2017, 09:33 PM
Even worse than Tynie??

Tynie is nae that steep it's the Diddy steps that are treacherous

Allyp
08-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Thanks AllyP, that's the game I'm planning to go to!

We (wife and myself) are staying in Mijas Pueblo, but we want to have a decent look at Malaga itself so are staying overnight in the city. Don't think the wife thinks it's a coincidence it ties in with the game :greengrin. She has no interest in the match (in truth no interest in football) but is thinking of coming with me to the game to save staying in the hotel on her own :boo hoo:

I am sure I could persuade her though to sip a wee glass of vino, can you point me in the direction of the bar you mentioned?

Your missus will really enjoy it, it's a different experience than over here especially as the weather will be like a summers night.
I'm not sure what time KO is yet, keep your eye on this as they sometimes change it,the 1st time we went it was 11pm on a Friday night (weird I know, but true)

Walk up Av de Louis Brunel, turn left into Calle Godino & you will see the Madrid bar on your right, (have a check on google maps)there is normally a big George cross flag with Guiri Army on it stretched out between the trees outside & loads of full crates of beer.
I'll pm you nearer the time & meet you for vino if you like

staunchhibby
08-02-2017, 10:14 PM
Do not waste your money on the sightseeing tour bus i thought it was poor value.

hibeeleicester
09-02-2017, 01:06 AM
Also going to that game if anyone wants to meet for a beer or 2.

Hibby Bairn
09-02-2017, 07:56 AM
Love threads like this. Shows the real power of Internet by enabling people to share knowledge and experience. One question and so much info back the way.

I now quite fancy it myself. Sounds brilliant.

heretoday
09-02-2017, 08:57 AM
There's an amazing motor museum in Malaga just west of the port area.

Jack Hackett
09-02-2017, 01:02 PM

I normally go to Nerja or Torremolinos, but have loved day trips to Málaga so much I'm spending a week there after Easter...also hoping to get to the Valencia game.

Albanian Hibs
09-02-2017, 01:15 PM
Flying to Malaga this evening and spending a week at my old man's in Nerja.

stuart-farquhar
09-02-2017, 03:00 PM
A surprise to first timers is that no alcohol is on sale in the stadium. Quite a few take a bottle or two in (risky!)
Also up high behind the goal a fair amount of ahem.... smoking goes on!

In my opinion the Derbies against other Andalucian teams have the best atmosphere. Against RM and Barca loads of tourists appear paying much inflated prices and airing there once a year used scarves.

In recent years many more younger locals support Malaga.This was obviously boosted by the superb team that went on a great champs league run 4 years ago. Not unusual to see the younger fans arguing in bars with the old geezers who mostly support RM.

If you take the train to Malaga it's a pleasant enough walk up following the dry river to the stadium around half an hour.Outside the ground there are outside open air bars selling cans etc. Usually easier to get served. Often fireworks set off too around the Madrid bar and a bit of a sing song. And if you don't want to actually go to the game the bars are virtually empty and all will show the game as all games televised..Sadly this often means a 10pm kick off. Guess which clubs get prime time??

Iggy Pope
09-02-2017, 04:11 PM
I went in September v Villareal. It was boiling, hopefully better for sitting in now.
They share our away kit from last year purple / yellow and curiously share Marathonbet as a sponsor so the away kit is very familiar. A home and away friendly with the sponsors putting up a cup would be some trip.
Fan zone outside at that game too. Beers burgers and a DJ spinning some great old soul and rock n roll.

DH1875
09-02-2017, 04:18 PM
Flying to Malaga this evening and spending a week at my old man's in Nerja.

Lucky you. Nerja is my favorite place in the whole world. At the risk of repeating myself, I used to live there :thumbsup:

Harpandcastle
09-02-2017, 05:08 PM
Good to see so many with a soft spot for Malaga. I've went over to one or two games a season for the last 15 years or so. I travel along from Calahonda, mostly drive but used expat bus a couple of times that picks up at various points between Marbella & the Benelmadena.
http://www.malagafootballenglish.com

Jack Hackett
09-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Good to see so many with a soft spot for Malaga. I've went over to one or two games a season for the last 15 years or so. I travel along from Calahonda, mostly drive but used expat bus a couple of times that picks up at various points between Marbella & the Benelmadena.
http://www.malagafootballenglish.com

A pre-season friendly in Malaga would be a wet dream for me, and feel it would attract a good traveling support. I went to the Gibraltar game a few years ago and had a great trip through from Nerja with some Cork Hibbies. Malaga is a superb destination and anyone going for the weekend with a Malaga v Hibs game thrown in, would have the time of their lives.

If Hibs wanted to thank the fans for the support we've shown through the hard times, they couldn't do better than arrange this. A just reward for some of the crap we've endured.

Make it happen Leanne/Rodders :flag:

ACLeith
09-02-2017, 08:40 PM
Your missus will really enjoy it, it's a different experience than over here especially as the weather will be like a summers night.
I'm not sure what time KO is yet, keep your eye on this as they sometimes change it,the 1st time we went it was 11pm on a Friday night (weird I know, but true)

Walk up Av de Louis Brunel, turn left into Calle Godino & you will see the Madrid bar on your right, (have a check on google maps)there is normally a big George cross flag with Guiri Army on it stretched out between the trees outside & loads of full crates of beer.
I'll pm you nearer the time & meet you for vino if you like

Pretty sure it's 9:30 for TV.

Thanks for all the info everyone, much appreciated or should I say "mucho apreciado". :greengrin

Be great to arrange to meet up with a friendly Hibee beforehand, I was assuming all the green and white would be Betis fans!

Jim44
09-02-2017, 09:05 PM
To most folk Malaga and Alicante are 'airports' and nothing else. Both are cities worth spending time in. Enjoy your football there but take time to smell the flowers. :aok:

IWasThere2016
09-02-2017, 10:37 PM
I normally go to Nerja or Torremolinos, but have loved day trips to Málaga so much I'm spending a week there after Easter...also hoping to get to the Valencia game.

Malaga - is regarded as the new Barcelona - and it is a fab place.

I fly in Wed., 19th - staying in Peurto Banus and golfing for 3 days Thu - Sat with 7 chums. First of several parties for my 50th this year :greengrin

Some of us are then heading to Malaga - Valencia on the Sunday :thumbsup:

IberianHibernian
09-02-2017, 10:38 PM
Pretty sure it's 9:30 for TV.

Thanks for all the info everyone, much appreciated or should I say "mucho apreciado". :greengrin

Be great to arrange to meet up with a friendly Hibee beforehand, I was assuming all the green and white would be Betis fans!Seems to be confirmed for 9.30 pm on Tuesday 28th which is a regional holiday in Andalusia (Andalusia Day) so locals will have more time for pre match drinks . Not sure how many Betis fans will travel from Seville on a Tuesday night but Betis are a very popular team in villages all over Andalusia and in parts of Catalonia where there are a lot of Andalusian immigrants so there`ll certainly be some away fans . The last time I was in La Rosaleda was about 30 years ago when stadium was much more basic than now though not long after World Cup . The atmosphere in stadiums in southern Spain ( both Seville grounds , Málaga , Cádiz , Granada , Cordoba ( also green ) , .. ) tends to be good . Málaga will attract more tourists than other teams - I remember when Málaga played Leeds a few years ago ( more than a few if it was Leeds I suppose ) and they said that the majority of Malaga fans who travelled to England were in fact " English " ( would probably include Scottish / Irish / Welsh /Norwegian etc ) .

IWasThere2016
09-02-2017, 10:39 PM
Even worse than Tynie??

Yup ... open grill with 300ft drop to the car park behind the last row also... boak!! I sat on the stairwell, hanging on the handrail for most of the pre-match. Felt better once ko came. Malaga mauled RM 1-1

ACLeith
10-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Seems to be confirmed for 9.30 pm on Tuesday 28th which is a regional holiday in Andalusia (Andalusia Day) so locals will have more time for pre match drinks . Not sure how many Betis fans will travel from Seville on a Tuesday night but Betis are a very popular team in villages all over Andalusia and in parts of Catalonia where there are a lot of Andalusian immigrants so there`ll certainly be some away fans . The last time I was in La Rosaleda was about 30 years ago when stadium was much more basic than now though not long after World Cup . The atmosphere in stadiums in southern Spain ( both Seville grounds , Málaga , Cádiz , Granada , Cordoba ( also green ) , .. ) tends to be good . Málaga will attract more tourists than other teams - I remember when Málaga played Leeds a few years ago ( more than a few if it was Leeds I suppose ) and they said that the majority of Malaga fans who travelled to England were in fact " English " ( would probably include Scottish / Irish / Welsh /Norwegian etc ) .

Thanks for that info IH. We are staying in Malaga 28th and 1st, so does this mean that places will be shut on the 28th for the holiday?

tamig
10-02-2017, 06:58 PM
Lucky you. Nerja is my favorite place in the whole world. At the risk of repeating myself, I used to live there :thumbsup:

I stayed in an apartment on the Avenida Castilla Perez a few times in the late 80s. Lots of development was kicking off then. It's probably unrecognisable from the town I saw. Loved it though and would like to go back again.

IberianHibernian
11-02-2017, 12:48 AM
Thanks for that info IH. We are staying in Malaga 28th and 1st, so does this mean that places will be shut on the 28th for the holiday?

1st should be a normal Wednesday but banks and some shops will be shut on 28th and public transport may be a Sunday service on 28th

ACLeith
11-02-2017, 06:35 AM
1st should be a normal Wednesday but banks and some shops will be shut on 28th and public transport may be a Sunday service on 28th

Cheers IH. Will check out the train timetable it's a fair walk from Fuengirola !

Killiehibbie
11-02-2017, 09:25 AM
Cheers IH. Will check out the train timetable it's a fair walk from Fuengirola !Last train normally about 2330, just missed it last time I flew in.

Keith_M
11-02-2017, 09:52 AM

Ah, Las Cuevas. Love that place

onlyonesauzee4
12-02-2017, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know of any pubs in Benalmadena/Fengirola that might be showing a stream of the replay? Doubt it will be on the tv because of the champs league!

Flying out on the day of the replay hopefully somewhere will be showing it. Great show from all hibbies today kept them very quiet

Ggtth