PDA

View Full Version : Another slant on the cup derby

JohnMcM
08-02-2017, 06:23 PM
Just a thought.

Assuming we get promoted.

Assuming we go up with basically the squad.

Does this match not provide an opportunity to gauge how we will fair when we go up? After all, we are playing, arguably the 3rd/4th best team in the SPL.

What do you think?

:flag:

pacoluna
08-02-2017, 06:33 PM
Just a thought.

Assuming we get promoted.

Assuming we go up with basically the squad.

Does this match not provide an opportunity to gauge how we will fair when we go up? After all, we are playing, arguably the 3rd/4th best team in the SPL.

What do you think?

:flag:
We beat a host of spl teams last season and stayed down, for me how we perform against Hearts will give us no inclination of how well we will do in the spl. When we do go up I'm hoping bar 5/6 players the squad will be revamped.

JohnMcM
08-02-2017, 06:56 PM
We beat a host of spl teams last season and stayed down, for me how we perform against Hearts will give us no inclination of how well we will do in the spl. When we do go up I'm hoping bar 5/6 players the squad will be revamped.

Fair enough point.

Moody Blues
08-02-2017, 07:42 PM

This...If we go up there will have to be a huge investment in the standard of our playing staff

GreenArmyyy!
08-02-2017, 07:54 PM
Don't care what anybody says, the squad, the chemistry and the tactics are not as good as they were last year.

What I will say is Lennon's Hibs will probably be enough to grind us out of the Championship but Stubbs Hibs is the one I'd want in the Premiership.

Moody Blues
08-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Don't care what anybody says, the squad, the chemistry and the tactics are not as good as they were last year.

What I will say is Lennon's Hibs will probably be enough to grind us out of the Championship but Stubbs Hibs is the one I'd want in the Premiership.

Totally agree and am astounded that the squad was not strengthened during the transfer window.

RedHibby
08-02-2017, 08:19 PM
I have said on previous threads that I have no confidence in the board to invest in the type of players we need to improve us in the premier league even although our crowds are much improved. We are paying premier league prices since going down and we haven't exactly seen any quality player investment.

green day
08-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Is it a full moon tonight?

Hibernia&Alba
08-02-2017, 08:30 PM
It's very difficult to judge from a derby game: they're frantic and anything can happen. I think the two teams are quite evenly matched - we'll find out if that's the case on Sunday. Our current side would be comfortable in the SPL, IMHO. It's far better than the side which was relegated. Hearts have rediscovered some form in the past few weeks and will feel confident at home. It should be a good game.

Wee Effen Bee
08-02-2017, 08:35 PM
Is it a full moon tonight?

This. This site is an interesting read at times. :rolleyes:

Mr White
08-02-2017, 08:39 PM
I have said on previous threads that I have no confidence in the board to invest in the type of players we need to improve us in the premier league even although our crowds are much improved. We are paying premier league prices since going down and we haven't exactly seen any quality player investment.

David Gray, Scott Allan, Dylan Mcgeouch, Darren McGregor, Dominique Malonga, Fraser Fyvie, John McGinn... aye no quality at all :cb

Hibee Mac
08-02-2017, 08:48 PM

Agree 100%

tamig
08-02-2017, 09:19 PM
David Gray, Scott Allan, Dylan Mcgeouch, Darren McGregor, Dominique Malonga, Fraser Fyvie, John McGinn... aye no quality at all :cb

Indeed. That was a bizarre comment.

JimBHibees
09-02-2017, 08:23 AM

:faf::faf:

hibbysam
09-02-2017, 09:02 AM

Your right, I mean who would rather have a John McGinn than a Liam Craig, a Darren McGregor instead of a Michael Nelson, a David Gray instead of an Alan Maybury, a Fraser Fyvie instead of a Danny Haynes... Need I go on?

Spending £400k on players, but we haven't seen any investment, good effort.

hibee-boys
09-02-2017, 09:12 AM
This...If we go up there will have to be a huge investment in the standard of our playing staff

I thought we were already running with a premiership budget? Not sure if there will be a massive increase in money to fund wages.

where'stheslope
09-02-2017, 06:05 PM
My take on whether this game is a marker for what we can do in the Premiership.

First, its only one game or two if we replay.

Second, In the Premiership, you have a better quality of games every week.

Third, in the Premiership we will need to get in at least 5 or 6 better players than we have for certain position to cover for suspensions and injuries.

All that said, Sunday is a one off game plus its a Derby, so anything can happen!!!!

heretoday
09-02-2017, 06:19 PM
If we put on a good show against these people on Sunday then it doesn't matter.

The thing is to get promoted and that's it.