PDA

View Full Version : Derby in New York

mouvran
08-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Is anyone aware of anywhere that will be showing the derby in New York City? I know about the Football Factory in Legends on 33rd Street that will probably show it as it opens at 7am but was wondering if there was anywhere that Hibbies meet up to watch games?

Cheers!

calumhibee1
08-02-2017, 05:17 PM
Is anyone aware of anywhere that will be showing the derby in New York City? I know about the Football Factory in Legends on 33rd Street that will probably show it as it opens at 7am but was wondering if there was anywhere that Hibbies meet up to watch games?

Cheers!

I've no idea if they'd be showing it or not or if they'd even be open that early but there is a bar in Hells Kitchen called Hibernia. About a 5-10 min walk from the Rockafella Centre with 3 or 4 different Hibs items on the walls and the roof. I watched the final of the Euros there in the summer, was a decent enough wee pub with decent pub food.

Tamhere1875
08-02-2017, 07:35 PM
My son lives just outside NYC he was saying The St Andrews jus by time square could be a good shout. Legions dosnt open till 11 am there time

bubblesmorrison
08-02-2017, 07:43 PM
Hi legends dose open at 7am on Sunday but just been on the phone with them and they told me they will not be showing the game. I will give another few places in the city a call and get back to you.

70KevinHFC62
08-02-2017, 07:54 PM
Carraghers bar. It's near time square might put it on a screen for you.

FC Leige
08-02-2017, 07:57 PM
I've no idea if they'd be showing it or not or if they'd even be open that early but there is a bar in Hells Kitchen called Hibernia. About a 5-10 min walk from the Rockafella Centre with 3 or 4 different Hibs items on the walls and the roof. I watched the final of the Euros there in the summer, was a decent enough wee pub with decent pub food. I watched the old firm 5-1 game a few months ago in The Hibernia. You will have to ask them to flick through the channels but the bar staff seem friendly enough and didnt seem to mind. The food is good and they had a few special offers on for bevvy.

bubblesmorrison
08-02-2017, 08:02 PM
Dose not really seem that anywhere is showing it and the fact I can't even seem to find what station its on here is causing problems. Anyone know what channel it is on?

FC Leige
08-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Dose not really seem that anywhere is showing it and the fact I can't even seem to find what station its on here is causing problems. Anyone know what channel it is on? Sky Sports Mix.

bubblesmorrison
08-02-2017, 08:11 PM
Yeh sky sports is not a thing in the states.

FC Leige
08-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Yeh sky sports is not a thing in the states. Im sure Sky has a connection with Fox Sports? Rupert Murdoch is a big share holder in both of them. I know you can get English games on Fox but im not sure if they would show an Edinburgh derby

mouvran
08-02-2017, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I got in touch with Legends and they replied saying that the game is not on US TV but they will attempt to stream from Sky Sports UK and they're open from 7am. If it was later in the day there would hopefully be plenty pubs that could maybe show it but it's a wee bit early for most.

bubblesmorrison
09-02-2017, 02:45 AM
Yeh most of the time if the games are on sky we get them on fox plus but for some reason it's not on any channel here. I will just find a stream online and watch at home.

bobbyhibs1983
09-02-2017, 10:16 AM
hi

luckly you being in new york (though im sure you d rather have a ticket for the game if we win )

I remeber being in new york last couple of years and last year we watched some of the world cup games in the irish bar 7 th avrenue.I cant remeber who we played but a couple of years ago we asked is they could get the scotland game on and they found it for us!!(cant remeber whom we were playing though i think we won 1-0 and played and ER)

woodythehibee
09-02-2017, 10:25 AM
I watched Utd v Hibs in December in Legends/Football Factory. It looks as if they are showing the Hibs match according to their website https://www.legendsff.com/

Nice bar with good pub food. Plenty of sports on and staff are really good and accommodating.

GreenLake
09-02-2017, 11:16 AM
Yeh most of the time if the games are on sky we get them on fox plus but for some reason it's not on any channel here. I will just find a stream online and watch at home.

GolTV USA is showing the Scottish Cup games not Fox Sports Plus but they have chosen to cover Rangers vs Greenock Morton live. I won't get angry at them since they provided the best commentary in their coverage of the 2016 Scottish Cup Final. I have a recording set at never delete on each of my TiVos for posterity.

Just Jimmy
09-02-2017, 11:30 AM
I've no idea if they'd be showing it or not or if they'd even be open that early but there is a bar in Hells Kitchen called Hibernia. About a 5-10 min walk from the Rockafella Centre with 3 or 4 different Hibs items on the walls and the roof. I watched the final of the Euros there in the summer, was a decent enough wee pub with decent pub food.
Yeah. Go in and ask for eddie. He'll tell you if it's on and if not he'll get it for you if he can. Top bloke. He's from oban originally.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Craig_in_Prague
09-02-2017, 11:38 AM
If anyone is really struggling to even see it; remember Hibs TV folks.

Even though it's lunch time k-off here, not really a Sunday morning drinker :) ......so at home with Hibs TV up on the Tele will do just great.

GGTTH

mouvran
09-02-2017, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I emailed Football Factory and they maybe had one or two others enquiring so now it's up on their site. Hopefully there will be no dirty jambos kicking about though...

Deansy
09-02-2017, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I emailed Football Factory and they maybe had one or two others enquiring so now it's up on their site. Hopefully there will be no dirty jambos kicking about though...

Think you're safe, looked at the 'Supporter's groups' page and despite having most of the world's 'Big teams' (Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd etc) there was no sign of 'Charity Thieves FC' - hard to believe a club with 400,000 fans isn't quoted*.

*(cue one NY-based muppet racing round there tonight with tales of 50,000 seater-stands, WC-stars, WW1-winners etc, etc)