PDA

View Full Version : Daniel handling

Unseen work
07-02-2017, 08:31 PM
Noticed he wasn't playing for the dev squad today, anyone know why?

Perhaps being considered for the squad on Saturday or a reoccurring niggle?

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but what he does bring to the squad is urgency, the majority of things he does is 1/2 touch and gets the ball moving. Would benefit our team imo.

Sir David Gray
07-02-2017, 08:33 PM
I would be surprised if we ever see him again in a Hibs shirt.

JimboHibs
07-02-2017, 08:38 PM

What does he wear in development games ?

andrew70
07-02-2017, 08:39 PM
Noticed he wasn't playing for the dev squad today, anyone know why?

Perhaps being considered for the squad on Saturday or a reoccurring niggle?

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but what he does bring to the squad is urgency, the majority of things he does is 1/2 touch and gets the ball moving. Would benefit our team imo.

He was ill apparently.

In addition to what you've said above he's a talented player who would definitely be an asset if fit.

Billy Whizz
07-02-2017, 08:40 PM
He was ill apparently.

In addition to what you've said above he's a talented player who would definitely be an asset if fit.

Andrew, thanks for clearing this up, wondered where he was today

07-02-2017, 08:43 PM

I agree, can't see him having much of a future with us tbh. Raith and Falkirk supposedly interested in him in January so it wouldn't surprise me if one of them or both of them came back in for him in the summer. He's not a bad player but I don't think he's good enough for us. Raith or Falkirk would be a very good move for him IMO, mid championship is probably his level.

Shame it hasn't worked out, I know he's been unfortunate with injuries but even when he's been fit he's struggled to get into the team and stake a claim for himself. When he has played he's not been awful but not done much that was overly impressive.

All the best to him and I hope he finds a club and gets regular football again but just can't see him having a future with us.

Sir David Gray
07-02-2017, 08:44 PM
What does he wear in development games ?

Very good.

GreenArmy1875
07-02-2017, 08:46 PM
Danny Handling needs the swagger and attitude of McGinn or Henderson. Clearly got talent but not convinced he has got that bit extra about him.

Unseen work
07-02-2017, 08:46 PM
He was ill apparently.

Cheers.

Conveniently enough it was his birthday yesterday. Hangover perhaps?

That's a joke before people jump on the bandwagon

Brightside
07-02-2017, 08:54 PM
Out for two weeks.

Smartie
07-02-2017, 09:02 PM
It will not have done his development and favours to have missed so much football over the past 2 years.

Hanlon is looking the better for having bulked up a bit - if Danny has used his time away to do likewise then he may come back with an extra something he didn't have before, as I always thought he was brushed off the ball too easily.

I can never make my mind up about him - he has something, but doesn't show it often enough. Given that "what he has" is a nicely weighted pass forwards, he may yet prove to be an asset.

I hope he gets a chance before the end of the season. It's frustrating seeing our youngsters' Hibs careers effectively fizzling out without them ever really getting a run of games.

fishybeaver
07-02-2017, 09:03 PM
Harris appears to be Mia, is he still injured?

Brightside
07-02-2017, 09:23 PM
Harris appears to be Mia, is he still injured?

yes. otherwise he would have been away in the window.

fishybeaver
07-02-2017, 09:29 PM
Any idea where to?

jacomo
07-02-2017, 09:57 PM
It will not have done his development and favours to have missed so much football over the past 2 years.

Hanlon is looking the better for having bulked up a bit - if Danny has used his time away to do likewise then he may come back with an extra something he didn't have before, as I always thought he was brushed off the ball too easily.

I can never make my mind up about him - he has something, but doesn't show it often enough. Given that "what he has" is a nicely weighted pass forwards, he may yet prove to be an asset.

I hope he gets a chance before the end of the season. It's frustrating seeing our youngsters' Hibs careers effectively fizzling out without them ever really getting a run of games.

He can score a goal too.

I always thought he had promise in that no.10 role we ask Keatings to play sometimes. But his first injury came at a terrible time and others have come in since.

Brooster
07-02-2017, 10:01 PM
Danny has been off sick for 2 days.

Thecat23
07-02-2017, 10:05 PM
Wasn't it his birthday yesterday? Maybe a tad hungover 😁

Keyser Sauzee
07-02-2017, 10:23 PM
I think we won't see much more of Danny or Alex & Sam. They've not shown enough to suggest they are good enough for where we want to be and I think they will leave in the summer.

FC Leige
07-02-2017, 10:53 PM
I think we won't see much more of Danny or Alex & Sam. They've not shown enough to suggest they are good enough for where we want to be and I think they will leave in the summer. More promising kids who failed to deliver. Over the last 10 years we seem to have had loads.

ancient hibee
07-02-2017, 11:05 PM
Handling' s not had any chance to show anything as it's taken him 18 months to get over his injuries.He should have gone out on loan to try and get match fitness back prior to next pre season.

jacomo
08-02-2017, 12:08 AM
More promising kids who failed to deliver. Over the last 10 years we seem to have had loads.

:agree:

ekhibee
08-02-2017, 01:35 AM
If I remember rightly, he was having a great game against Sevco until a disgraceful decision was given against him for a foul on Templeton a couple of seasons back.

lyonhibs
08-02-2017, 05:06 AM
He's not good enough overall to make it at Hibs IMO.

easty
08-02-2017, 07:18 AM
Danny Handling needs the swagger and attitude of McGinn or Henderson. Clearly got talent but not convinced he has got that bit extra about him.

He doesn't clearly have the talent, if he did we'd have seen it. Far more often than not, when he's played, I've been left thinking I just don't know what it is he's meant to bring to the team.

I wish him all the best wherever he ends up playing, but it's not going to be with us.

Unseen work
08-02-2017, 07:51 AM

Danny certainly had the confidence and swagger.

I think his biggest issue is his position.

In youth teams and dev squads he was a striker and went out on loan and bagged 7 in 7 as a striker.

Then he broke through into the first team and played right wing.

Then we was a number 10.

And lately he has been playing as a centre mid that gets on it deep and makes things happen, both for hibs in dev teams and at Scotland 21.

That accompanied by 2 years of unfortunate injuries has made it very bad for him to settle and cement himself in any one position.

The real mystery for me is Stanton however, the boy looked fantastic when he first came through. Actually find him a similar player to Mcginn with how they can glide past folk with a dip of the shoulder.

Salt N Sauzee
08-02-2017, 08:10 AM
Ah the weekly Handling/Harris/Stanton thread. Early this week! :greengrin

Big L
08-02-2017, 09:18 AM
I would like to see him getting on the park in one or two games so that the fans can judge for themselves. I refuse to believe he is any worse than some that played on Sat.

Blaster
08-02-2017, 09:28 AM

That may end up being correct but he's had nowhere near the opportunities that Stanton and Harris got and I think he deserves that same chance

bingo70
08-02-2017, 09:50 AM
That may end up being correct but he's had nowhere near the opportunities that Stanton and Harris got and I think he deserves that same chance

Nobody just deserves their chance, they need to earn it. Stanton and Harris in their early days contributed to games a lot more than Handling has. Handling has had 1 or 2 decent games, even then it was exaggerated how good he actually was, he just wasn't as anonymous as he usually is.

When Handling comes off the bench you can practically guarantee he'll have no impact.

All that said it sounds like he's got the attributes so maybe the fact he's a bit older and trying to make the break through it might help him. Not convinced though.

andrew70
08-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Whilst I understand the concerns about Handling, he's not had much of a chance the last two seasons because of injury.

Two horrible injuries at that, hopefully Hibs can get him back to full fitness, include him in a few squads near the end of this season and have him firing and ready to go next season.

He's not had the time to "earn it" as such IMO.

calumhibee1
08-02-2017, 10:19 AM
Handling isn't good enough for Hibs in this
League. And when we get promoted he's 100% not up to that standard.

Since90+2
08-02-2017, 10:28 AM
Out of the 3 (Harris, Stanton and Handling) I would say Handling is the one who still has a chance of making it with Hibs. You never know how someone will react to a serious long term injury though and it will be tough to get back into the team.

Harris and Stanton are not at the level required and hopefully both will be gone in the summer.

Dunbar Hibee
08-02-2017, 11:11 AM

I think you're wrong.

andrew70
08-02-2017, 11:13 AM

How do you know?

60 odd games in I think about 5/6 seasons. Averaging only 10/11 apps a season since he was 17. His injuries have really held him back. I may be wrong but I don't think he's kicked a ball competitively in the last two seasons, he certainly hasn't had a run of games that's for sure.

He's only 23 and when he first came through he looked more than capable of forging a career at Hibs.

lucky
08-02-2017, 11:30 AM
Harris, Stanton, Handling & Caldwell were all thought to be great prospects but the reality is Harris had one good half against Falkirk at Hampden. Caldwell scored the winner at PBS but can't think of anything substantial the other two have done. I think the 3 still at Hibs will follow Caldwell out of Hibs into smaller clubs.

J-C
08-02-2017, 01:28 PM
2 seasons ago Handling had an exceptional game against The Rangers in the wee diddy cup playing in a deep playmaker role until he was wrongly sent off, I think he's been injured ever since. I also think his lifestyle choices could be a bit better, there is a cracking player in there but does he want it enough, is he willing to work his bollocks off to get to the top, I don't know if he does.

HoboHarry
08-02-2017, 02:34 PM
Unfounded nonsense.

HoboHarry
08-02-2017, 02:35 PM
2 seasons ago Handling had an exceptional game against The Rangers in the wee diddy cup playing in a deep playmaker role until he was wrongly sent off, I think he's been injured ever since. I also think his lifestyle choices could be a bit better, there is a cracking player in there but does he want it enough, is he willing to work his bollocks off to get to the top, I don't know if he does.
What are these lifestyle choices you talk of?

J-C
08-02-2017, 02:40 PM
What are these lifestyle choices you talk of?

Don't really want to say as they're only rumours but I was told he likes too many nights out if you know what I mean, if this is true it could be a reason he's never taken the next step up and I know injuries have hampered him this past 2 seasons.

HoboHarry
08-02-2017, 02:46 PM
Don't really want to say as they're only rumours but I was told he likes too many nights out if you know what I mean, if this is true it could be a reason he's never taken the next step up and I know injuries have hampered him this past 2 seasons.
Right, so you don't actually know, you are simply repeating unfounded rumours from here and/or elsewhere? Why would you do that to a current Hibs player?

bingo70
08-02-2017, 02:49 PM
Right, so you don't actually know, you are simply repeating unfounded rumours from here and/or elsewhere? Why would you do that to a current Hibs player?

Tbf he's not portraying them as facts, it is a common rumour and if it's true then it may explain why he struggles to make the step up.

I think your post would be correct if the poster you'd quoted was stating as a matter of fact than Handling is out drinking too much.

HoboHarry
08-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Tbf he's not portraying them as facts, it is a common rumour and if it's true then it may explain why he struggles to make the step up.

I think your post would be correct if the poster you'd quoted was stating as a matter of fact than Handling is out drinking too much.
That there is my whole point. Until someone can prove it, it is nothing more than unsubstantiated rubbish which has grown arms and legs on forums such as these......

Brightside
08-02-2017, 03:10 PM

You really need to stop saying this whenever a Handling thread comes up. Unless you have proof of this.....its totally unfair to a player with no right of reply.

J-C
08-02-2017, 03:14 PM

Grow up man and get a grip, there will always be rumours regarding any player at nearly every football club in Britain, maybe a start would be Danny stopping posting selfies on a regular basis with his mates out and about in town, he may be only drinking juice but it doesn't say if he is or not.

I like Handling as a player, technically gifted and a good football brain, he's had some bad luck with injuries but for whatever reason he's not fulfilled his potential, he's 23 now and should be a regular starter, just look at McGinn, Fyvie and McGeouch all a similar age and all key players for us.

J-C
08-02-2017, 03:16 PM
You really need to stop saying this whenever a Handling thread comes up. Unless you have proof of this.....its totally unfair to a player with no right of reply.

Utter nonsense.

ancient hibee
08-02-2017, 03:24 PM
Grow up man and get a grip, there will always be rumours regarding any player at nearly every football club in Britain, maybe a start would be Danny stopping posting selfies on a regular basis with his mates out and about in town, he may be only drinking juice but it doesn't say if he is or not.

I like Handling as a player, technically gifted and a good football brain, he's had some bad luck with injuries but for whatever reason he's not fulfilled his potential, he's 23 now and should be a regular starter, just look at McGinn, Fyvie and McGeouch all a similar age and all key players for us.

Not sure how you can be a regular starter when you've had two bad injuries in 18 months.McGeouch certainly isn't and because of his injury I don't consider him a key player.

Iceman1875
08-02-2017, 03:25 PM
I just don't see it with Handling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrew70
08-02-2017, 04:07 PM

If you are not keen on his selfies unfollowing him on social media may be a start. The laddie is entitled to go out with his mates.

I am sure Hibs do tests now to check each players fitness and I am quite sure they will be rigorously followed when coming back from injury to give the player and the club the best chance of a quick and healthy comeback.

Mikey
08-02-2017, 04:10 PM
More promising kids who failed to deliver. Over the last 10 years we seem to have had loads.

And that's why the Academy was overhauled. Unfortunately it'll be another few years before we can properly judge the current set up.

HoboHarry
08-02-2017, 04:25 PM

Me get a grip? Lol - you are pulling him up for posting selfies and drinking what may or may not be only juice but he should have stated that it was. Aye ok then.....:faf:

J-C
08-02-2017, 04:29 PM
If you are not keen on his selfies unfollowing him on social media may be a start. The laddie is entitled to go out with his mates.

I am sure Hibs do tests now to check each players fitness and I am quite sure they will be rigorously followed when coming back from injury to give the player and the club the best chance of a quick and healthy comeback.

I don't do Twitter just going by what I see others posting, anyway this isn't the point re Handling as it's all rumours which do happen to pro footballers, the lad still hasn't match his promise or potential which is a shame, we know of his injury problems but when he's fit, why hasn't he forced his way into the team, especially when the talent is there.

J-C
08-02-2017, 04:32 PM
Not sure how you can be a regular starter when you've had two bad injuries in 18 months.McGeouch certainly isn't and because of his injury I don't consider him a key player.

He wasn't a regular starter prior to his injuries, he did have a good run of games in our 1st season in this division when McGeouch was injured but was soon on the bench when the full squad was fit, that was his opportunity to establish himself and he didn't.

andrew70
08-02-2017, 04:37 PM
I don't do Twitter just going by what I see others posting, anyway this isn't the point re Handling as it's all rumours which do happen to pro footballers, the lad still hasn't match his promise or potential which is a shame, we know of his injury problems but when he's fit, why hasn't he forced his way into the team, especially when the talent is there.

He's not played competitively in two seasons. Most of his 60 odd appearances will have been as a late substitute in the early part of his career.

He was well liked under Stubbs and obviously Lennon has yet to see him in first team action. I am quite happy to give him longer to prove himself and also to let Lennon be the judge on his ability.

He's got what it takes to make it. Time will tell but lets hope he gets over his injuries and is able to play more consistently.

Smartie
08-02-2017, 04:37 PM
He wasn't a regular starter prior to his injuries, he did have a good run of games in our 1st season in this division when McGeouch was injured but was soon on the bench when the full squad was fit, that was his opportunity to establish himself and he didn't.

He didn't exactly let himself down though, and that run in the team did coincide with some of the best football we've played and results we've achieved since we were relegated.

There's not much shame in losing your place to Dylan McGeouch.

J-C
08-02-2017, 04:53 PM
He's not played competitively in two seasons. Most of his 60 odd appearances will have been as a late substitute in the early part of his career.

He was well liked under Stubbs and obviously Lennon has yet to see him in first team action. I am quite happy to give him longer to prove himself and also to let Lennon be the judge on his ability.

He's got what it takes to make it. Time will tell but lets hope he gets over his injuries and is able to play more consistently.

And so am I, I have stated about 4-5 times on this thread that I like Handling and think he is a talented lad but due to injuries etc hasn't really proved it yet, maybe he'll get a chance in the 2nd half of this season.

He didn't exactly let himself down though, and that run in the team did coincide with some of the best football we've played and results we've achieved since we were relegated.

There's not much shame in losing your place to Dylan McGeouch.

See answer above as agree with you.

since90plustwo
08-02-2017, 05:20 PM

He is out every single weekend without fail

HibernianJK
08-02-2017, 05:29 PM
That there is my whole point. Until someone can prove it, it is nothing more than unsubstantiated rubbish which has grown arms and legs on forums such as these......

Proof? Do you want photos of him on whynot dancefloor every week?

I'm up the town a lot and frequently see him out partying so there's your proof.

In the performances to far, Handling hasn't proved that he can be an important player for Hibs.

HoboHarry
08-02-2017, 05:36 PM
Proof? Do you want photos of him on whynot dancefloor every week?

I'm up the town a lot and frequently see him out partying so there's your proof.

In the performances to far, Handling hasn't proved that he can be an important player for Hibs.
Aye ok. I frequently bump into Scarlett Johansson when I go down the town for a pint too......

HibernianJK
08-02-2017, 05:44 PM
Aye ok. I frequently bump into Scarlett Johansson when I go down the town for a pint too......

So again, what proof are you looking for? People see him up town town every week is this not proof enough? Or does everyone just have a personal vendetta against Danny Handling?

cmcd
08-02-2017, 06:10 PM

Is that you Neil ??

since90plustwo
08-02-2017, 06:12 PM

uncalled for

HoboHarry
08-02-2017, 06:16 PM
uncalled for
And questioning the professionalism, of a current Hibs player with no proof (and who has no right of reply) is called for? I will stop being sarcastic when others stop making stuff up.

HibernianJK
08-02-2017, 06:19 PM
And questioning the professionalism, of a current Hibs player with no proof (and who has no right of reply) is called for? I will stop being sarcastic when others stop making stuff up.

People have had a go at fair handful of Hibs players without them having right of reply, what makes Handling any different?

J-C
08-02-2017, 06:21 PM

Are you related to Danny or are you Danny himself if you are I claim my £10

HoboHarry
08-02-2017, 06:24 PM
Are you related to Danny or are you Danny himself if you are I claim my £10
Not at all - but I am a businessman so I will share the 10 pounds with you 70-30 in my favor.... (Don't have a pound sign on my American keyboard)

HoboHarry
08-02-2017, 06:25 PM
People have had a go at fair handful of Hibs players without them having right of reply, what makes Handling any different?
He is no different - but I would defend any Hibs player from made up, unsubstantiated nonsense.

since90plustwo
08-02-2017, 06:27 PM

I see Danny out nearly every weekend in Shanghai or Why Not. Next time do you want a photograph or maybe even an interview? im not saying hes unprofessional but he is out every other weekend at least

HibernianJK
08-02-2017, 06:28 PM
He is no different - but I would defend any Hibs player from made up, unsubstantiated nonsense.

Do you think people are just point blank lying about seeing him when out in town all the time then or are you just choosing to ignore them?

Mcpakeisgod
08-02-2017, 06:36 PM
TBF I've seen him up the town quite a few times, it doesn't mean he's getting blitzed though, could be just out with mates not drinking/ on the juice-

Back on topic though- drink or no drink, I think his time his passed, he needs to just move on somewhere else & get some games under his belt , I'd love it for him to do well & end up top league player but just can't see it, would love to be proved wrong

Lago
08-02-2017, 08:15 PM

Ah alternative news.

Pretty Boy
08-02-2017, 08:18 PM

Agreed.

Another player who seems to have improved massively in some peoples minds through being out the side.

Maybe absence really does make the heart grow fonder.

FC Leige
08-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Agreed.

Another player who seems to have improved massively in some peoples minds through being out the side.

Maybe absence really does make the heart grow fonder. There is folk who think Malonga is up there with Messi, Suarez and Neymar.

Dunbar Hibee
08-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Young laddie goes out regularly with mates. Shocking. I sometimes feel some on here should get out more! 😂

Pretty Boy
08-02-2017, 08:22 PM
There is folk who think Malonga is up there with Messi, Suarez and Neymar.

Oi you leave King Dom out of this.

Lago
08-02-2017, 08:23 PM
Agreed.

3 seasons in the 2nd tier of Scottish footbal & there are a number of players who have failed to break into the 1st team, they are unlikely now to make the grade at ER.

Brightside
08-02-2017, 08:27 PM
So again, what proof are you looking for? People see him up town town every week is this not proof enough? Or does everyone just have a personal vendetta against Danny Handling?

Show us a picture of Danny Handling pissed up town during the playing season.

bingo70
08-02-2017, 08:27 PM
Agreed.

Yup, it's like that good game he had against rangers at ibrox when he was sent off.

He was better that day and was probably his best performance for us but he was nowhere near as good as people make out now.

eastmainsmsh
08-02-2017, 08:55 PM
I like Handling shame with injury trouble there's talent there

HibernianJK
08-02-2017, 09:13 PM
Show us a picture of Danny Handling pissed up town during the playing season.

Why would I go about taking photos of him?

Eyrie
08-02-2017, 10:23 PM
Yup, it's like that good game he had against rangers at ibrox when he was sent off.

He was better that day and was probably his best performance for us but he was nowhere near as good as people make out now.

The problem is that Handling's fans remember an excellent performance like that and forget all the other games when he was anonymous. Being out injured means that they aren't faced with the unfortunate reality that he simply isn't good enough often enough to deserve yet another chance in the first team.

I think it would be best for him to move on and find a club where he can play regularly. If the Handling fans are right then he'll soon be a regular at a big club and not a regular in a lower division (probably this one). He's certainly not going to get any game time at Hibs ahead of McGinn, Fyvie, McGeouch, Bartley, Martin or Shinnie.

Ryan69
08-02-2017, 11:20 PM
Out of the 3 (Harris, Stanton and Handling) I would say Handling is the one who still has a chance of making it with Hibs. You never know how someone will react to a serious long term injury though and it will be tough to get back into the team.

Harris and Stanton are not at the level required and hopefully both will be gone in the summer.

Only reason you say this...cause the rest don't have it,and the whole time he has been injured.

if he is so injury prone....I don't think it's gonna work out!

Unseen work
01-03-2017, 11:16 PM
Where is he?

Came back from injury, played a couple for the 20s and now nowhere to be seen?

Slim Shady
01-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Had a back spasm in training. Injured again

Jonnyboy
02-03-2017, 04:21 PM
Where is he?

Saw him in Haddington today. In fact I nearly knocked him over as he was on his phone and ignoring the traffic 😀

G B Young
02-03-2017, 04:35 PM
It's so long since I saw him play that I can't really remember what sort of player he is.

As for Harris and Stanton, I really hoped both would prove their worth to Hibs but it's hard to believe either has any part to play in the club's long-term future. Harris in particular excited me a lot when he broke through under Fenlon but the combination of injury and getting rushed back too soon by Butcher seemed to permanently stall his career. Compared to the player whose pacey, powerful runs (and goal) inspired the 2013 semi-final comeback against Falkirk and left the Hearts defence for dead at Tynecastle couple of weeks later he's looked a timid, ineffective player on the rare occasions I've seen him play in the last couple of years.

Bob1875
02-03-2017, 05:12 PM
Handling will be released by Hibs and dither about in the dungeons of the Scottish lower leagues for the foreseeable future.

Billy Whizz
02-03-2017, 06:14 PM
Where is he?

When you've had the amount of time out, Danny's had, you're bound to pick up injuries along the way

Salt N Sauzee
03-03-2017, 08:48 AM
Handling will be released by Hibs and dither about in the dungeons of the Scottish lower leagues for the foreseeable future.

Can I get a lend of your crystal ball please mate?

Thegreenside
03-03-2017, 10:53 AM
Can't be any worse than shinnie barring 1 performance in the last 6 months

calumhibee1
03-03-2017, 11:11 AM

I'm not even Shinnies biggest fan but Handling is not good enough for Hibs.

supermcginn
03-03-2017, 11:25 AM

Neither are good enough and wont be here next year.

overdrive
03-03-2017, 01:41 PM

The two of them remind me of each other in terms of style of play, inconsistency and even looks.

JDHibs
03-03-2017, 01:48 PM
Who cares if the lad goes out with his mates at the weekend?

Seriously? Hes a young lad, hes allowed some down time.

Jeezo, the way some of the people are talking in here, they must be a blast at parties, oh wait, they wont even get invited. Lighten up a bit.

hibee-boys
03-03-2017, 01:55 PM
Can't see the harm in him going out with his mates at the weekend. Would be an issue if he was spotted falling about drunk every weekend which I'm assuming isn't the case or we'd hear all about it I'm sure. His social life won't be the reason he's let go it'll be due to him being a pretty average footballer. Wish the guy all the best getting back to fitness and I hope he can make a career in the game but it'll be at championship level at best.

lucky
03-03-2017, 02:30 PM
Don't think anyone objects to him going out but some are saying he's out to much and that can't help his recovery. Seems content to pick up a wage and never play.

Dashing Bob S
03-03-2017, 02:39 PM
He looked reasonable when he was fit, but almost anybody would look good in a midfield containing Sauzee and Latapy.

we are hibs
03-03-2017, 05:33 PM
People are saying "get off his back" for being injured all the time yet want to slate mcgeouch who is by miles a better player, for being injured all the time.

ian cruise
03-03-2017, 06:33 PM
He looked reasonable when he was fit, but almost anybody would look good in a midfield containing Sauzee and Latapy.

Are you talking about Danny? He'd have been in primary school when they were in the team surely?

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2017, 07:09 PM
Can't be any worse than shinnie barring 1 performance in the last 6 monthsSure that wasn't just the only game you were at? Shinnie has had plenty of good performances.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2017, 07:12 PM
Who cares if the lad goes out with his mates at the weekend?

Seriously? Hes a young lad, hes allowed some down time.

Jeezo, the way some of the people are talking in here, they must be a blast at parties, oh wait, they wont even get invited. Lighten up a bit.Professional footballers who get pished every weekend are unprofessional footballers. You think Andy Murray does that to his body?

Not saying Danny is doing that btw but if he is then folk are right to have a go.

Thegreenside
03-03-2017, 07:16 PM
Sure that wasn't just the only game you were at? Shinnie has had plenty of good performances.

100% sure that wasn't the only game.

Big L
03-03-2017, 08:40 PM
I'm not saying Danny Handling would make things much better, but he certainly couldn't make the pish that's being served up almost every week worse! 3pt's from the last 12 is not Championship winning stuff, if Handling is fit I would give him a shot in the 10 role.

Enough said
03-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Not good enough and to be honest botbproved it when fit. Time to move him on.

Dashing Bob S
04-03-2017, 12:36 AM
Are you talking about Danny? He'd have been in primary school when they were in the team surely?

I was being sarcastic, Ian. Referring ironically to the length of time he's been injured.

ian cruise
04-03-2017, 01:15 AM
I was being sarcastic, Ian. Referring ironically to the length of time he's been injured.

I think that might be my first official whoosh moment! Nah I'm sure I've had plenty more but that's definitely one of the biggest ones.

JackLadd
04-03-2017, 01:19 AM
I remember being quite excited about this guy a few years ago, looked a dude who could create and score and be developed. Must be in the last chance saloon with us now. Of course, I thought the same about Stanton and Harris - the forgotten man.

ian cruise
04-03-2017, 01:32 AM
I remember being quite excited about this guy a few years ago, looked a dude who could create and score and be developed. Must be in the last chance saloon with us now. Of course, I thought the same about Stanton and Harris - the forgotten man.

If Handling hadn't been so unlucky with injuries I truly believe he'd be a top player for us alongside JC right now. His performance against Rangers at the top of the diamond convinced me of that. Hopefully that player is still in there waiting to get back once he's clear of injury. It's undoubtedly more frustrating for him than it is for us but with the injuries he's had it's not unusual for other small injuries to happen on the way back but he's young and still hungry, I believe this based on how much the cup win meant to him, so we've still got a chance of fantastic homegrown talent shining through, let's back him.

JackLadd
04-03-2017, 01:45 AM
Frustrating for him, tomorrow would have been the perfect opportunity to make a mark and these chances are not always there. We'll no doubt make signings in the summer and he'll have more competition.