PDA

View Full Version : Love/hate derby week

rotherhamrob
07-02-2017, 07:09 AM
Are there many fans out there who don't know if they love/hate derby week?
I only ask as I genuinely don't know how I feel,one minute I'm full of positive thoughts the next I'm dreading it.
I want to enjoy the build up and in my mind we're pumping them but then I think what if they pump us,for God's sake,I don't even know if I'm a bedwetter or skoosher.
All in all I think I hate the week,unless of course we beat them,then I'll have loved it.

Itsnoteasy
07-02-2017, 07:11 AM
I only ask as I genuinely don't know how I feel,one minute I'm full of positive thoughts the next I'm dreading it.
I want to enjoy the build up and in my mind we're pumping them but then I think what if they pump us,for God's sake,I don't even know if I'm a bedwetter or skoosher.
All in all I think I hate the week,unless of course we beat them,then I'll have loved it.

Love it. Bring it on.

hibs0666
07-02-2017, 07:19 AM

Absorb it mate. It's weeks like this when you know you are alive, that elevates above the mundane pish, and you will remember for years to come irrespective of outcome. :thumbsup:

Frazerbob
07-02-2017, 07:20 AM
I can't wait for this one. The banter is going to be magic.

Eddie Burntool
07-02-2017, 07:34 AM
Love it, but the wait seems to take forever!

21sMay
07-02-2017, 08:16 AM
Love it !! The build up is what it's all about, keeps you excited/nervous until match day when the atmosphere explodes. Can't think of a better way to spend my Sunday than in the roseburn belting out Hibs songs along with many others. Bring on the poppy thieves

Hibrandenburg
07-02-2017, 08:22 AM
Just keep in mind that without exception in the last 365 days every team that has gone on to win the trophy had to play Hearts (twice) on the road to Hampden.

we are hibs
07-02-2017, 08:29 AM
In the last two occasions we've drawn hearts in the Scottish cup we've dumped them out on our way to the final. They're mentally week and two results against a horrendous rangers side and a poor Motherwell side doesn't change that. Make no mistake about it hearts fans ***** are collapsing at the prospect of this game. They simply have to win it, whereas the pressure is off for us. We've won the cup.

green with envy
07-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Canny wait.

TheHarpy76
07-02-2017, 08:40 AM
Love it. I work with some right decent Jambos (surprisingly they do exist) and the banter on derby day is fantastic.

Oscar T Grouch
07-02-2017, 08:41 AM
Buzzing & looking forward to going.

TheHarpy76
07-02-2017, 08:46 AM
In the last two occasions we've drawn hearts in the Scottish cup we've dumped them out on our way to the final. They're mentally week and two results against a horrendous rangers side and a poor Motherwell side doesn't change that. Make no mistake about it hearts fans ***** are collapsing at the prospect of this game. They simply have to win it, whereas the pressure is off for us. We've won the cup.

I hate to say it but we're not exactly blowing teams away ourselves and we're coming off the back of a poor result whereas they'll be confident after two good wins.

As for "no pressure" you're correct to an extent. There's no pressure on us to win the cup but you're being extremely naive if you think that losing our grip on the trophy at the home of our biggest rivals doesn't put pressure on us.

CallumLaidlaw
07-02-2017, 09:16 AM
I hate to say it but we're not exactly blowing teams away ourselves and we're coming off the back of a poor result whereas they'll be confident after two good wins.

As for "no pressure" you're correct to an extent. There's no pressure on us to win the cup but you're being extremely naive if you think that losing our grip on the trophy at the home of our biggest rivals doesn't put pressure on us.

Last year our results around the 2 derbies was -

Morton 0-1 Hibs
Livingston 0-0 Hibs
Hibs 3-0 Alloa
Hibs 0-3 Morton
Dumbarton 3-2 Hibs

Hearts results around the Derby were -

Hearts 6-0 Motherwell
Hamilton 0-0 Hearts
Ross County 0-3 Hearts

GreenLake
07-02-2017, 10:40 AM
I live far away in a place very different so my surroundings present nothing to fire me up in a positive or negative way. Roll on kick off.

Mango Man
07-02-2017, 11:12 AM
I must admit, I really don't look forward to derbys, far too many bad experiences with them, obviously we have had a few cracking results too, I just don't enjoy that nervous feeling at all. Would have been quite happy to have a derby free season tbh, don't want to give them any chance to gloat over us.

FilipinoHibs
07-02-2017, 11:40 AM
Hate it. I lived through 22/21 in a row. Sauzee/Latapy, Mowbray babes and last three years have made it better and I was at 7-0. But still dream of it and wake earlier each day. But bring on those Gorgie cheats.

JK Rolling
07-02-2017, 11:59 AM
Love it with passion. The Edinburgh Derby is the best fixture ever.

07-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Last year our results around the 2 derbies was -

Morton 0-1 Hibs
Livingston 0-0 Hibs
Hibs 3-0 Alloa
Hibs 0-3 Morton
Dumbarton 3-2 Hibs

Hearts results around the Derby were -

Hearts 6-0 Motherwell
Hamilton 0-0 Hearts
Ross County 0-3 Hearts

Agree. Hearts have had an unfortunate confidence boost from the huns game and the Motherwell game, before that they were struggling but form goes out the window in a derby. It'll be a scrappy battle I predict with both teams having to dig deep. The pitch is a disgacre so very little proper football will be played, it'll come down to who gets the lucky breaks and takes their chances.

It'll be a tight game IMO, I reckon whoever wins will only win by 1 goal, I can't see either team dishing out a "pumping".

07-02-2017, 12:34 PM
Love it with passion. The Edinburgh Derby is the best fixture ever.

I agree. As much as the media love to bum up the Glasgow ugly sisters derby, the Edinburgh derby has the same amount of heat and rivalry but without the bigotry element and the pure bile of the OF. Hibs and hearts hate each other with a passion but mostly on a football basis (the way it should be), not like the OF where politics, religion etc is all brought into it and it generally poisonous.

GreenArmyyy!
07-02-2017, 12:37 PM
The only thing I hate is the wait and trying to concentrate on work! Bring them on!

Jim44
07-02-2017, 12:40 PM
I'm more on the love side rather than the hate side but in the context of the upcoming match, no matter the result, I'll be relieved to get it behind us and get back to focussing on the top priority.

Alex Trager
07-02-2017, 12:55 PM
I'm more on the love side rather than the hate side but in the context of the upcoming match, no matter the result, I'll be relieved to get it behind us and get back to focussing on the top priority.

But it would be alright to finish their season again :)

NAE NOOKIE
07-02-2017, 03:57 PM
Love it and hate it in equal measure ................ the thought of pumping them is great, the thought of losing isn't. I have to say that for me derby matches, especially ones I'm actually at, are something to be endured rather than enjoyed. But that heart pumping dread is probably what makes derby matches so special and sets them aside from other games.

Hibernia&Alba
07-02-2017, 04:03 PM
For a long time I hated it, due to the fact that in my time as a fan Hearts have dominated most of it. It was torture for so long. However, since Hearts had to stop cheating and there's been a level playing field, it's become much more competitive and enjoyable. The hope creates the anticipation which used to be missing. I certainly get nervous, but in a good way.

Sean1875
07-02-2017, 04:55 PM
Will be bricking myself all week about it.. definitely lean more towards the hate side rather than the love. The feeling of pumping them though is second to none, just wish it was Sunday already :rolleyes:

Hibee Mac
07-02-2017, 05:12 PM
Nervous but looking forward to it.

Don't forget, they're overconfident going into this one just like they were last year and we all know what happened. It's a lottery on the day but I have faith in this team when it comes to the big games.

broondog
07-02-2017, 05:20 PM
love it and love the build up to it.

Anyone who is nervous, don't be.I saw the last 2 Hearts games that seem to be getting the cheats all worked up. They were so lucky against Rangers and every goal came from a horrendous error. They were awful against Motherwell and the 3-0 scoreline flattered them.They deserved no more than a draw out of that. Before those games I think they had won 1 in 10 in a league not much better than ours.

And look at both teams. Hearts have signed 11 players? and all of them look awful, bunch of merceneries. our boys have been together a while, are far better individually and as a team. PLus our lot will be bang up for this. can't see anything other than a comfortable win for us. I'm going for 3-0 Hibs cummings hattrick.

Not worried in the slightest.

Pete
07-02-2017, 06:11 PM
Love it and love the week of nerves before it.

They only subside when you see the two teams line up...one team wearing maroon tops and white shorts against the other with green tops with crisp white sleeves and white shorts. There's something iconic about that image...the oldest and best derby in Scotland.

P.s. watch this we'll be wearing that fluorescent abomination! :-D

Tamhere1875
07-02-2017, 06:25 PM
As a certain SJM said "hearts away luvvv it"

Big_Franck
07-02-2017, 06:35 PM
I love it and can't wait for Sunday. I'll genuinely struggle to sleep all week from thinking about how the game could pan out. 101 different scorers and scorelines will be running through my head, both good and bad.

The difference this year is that I don't think we are under anywhere near as much pressure. The worst case scenario will allow us to concentrate on the league, we won the cup last year anyway, and Celtic are so far ahead of everyone else they'll stroll the Scottish Cup anyway.

Bring it on, as someone else said, the jambos ***** have gone in derbies now. Their players will brick it and the saviles know it.

JennaFletcher
07-02-2017, 07:13 PM
Love it, always exciting on the day in the build up too. Night before I'm thinking up dream scenarios!

Canon Hannan
07-02-2017, 08:28 PM
Nervous but looking forward to it.

Don't forget, they're overconfident going into this one just like they were last year and we all know what happened. It's a lottery on the day but I have faith in this team when it comes to the big games.

Fully agree with this. We have nothing to lose. If we lose we still have the Cup victory to remind them. Even if they win, they are gutted with 2016!

Hibrandenburg
08-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Grew up watching derbies where it was a disappointment only to get a draw and very rare to lose. My mindset is one of eternal expectancy.

langtounhibby
08-02-2017, 11:23 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170208/46261c4a1c426bf3579e16dfb5a4f4fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
08-02-2017, 11:29 AM
Not going to lie, when the draw was made I was delighted. Now however, I am bricking it.

southern hibby
08-02-2017, 11:46 AM
Think first goal will be actually very very critical especially if it's for us. They've not went behind yet as a new team and will try and come forward leaving space to exploit in behind. Or they'll defend like mad trying to stop us scoring second.

If we score first and they defend maybe 1-0 or 2-0 Hibs.
If we score first and they attack maybe 3-0 or 3-1 Hibs.
If they score first absolute Lottery on who will win but more than likely a draw.

GGTTH

yonder1875
08-02-2017, 04:03 PM
Love it. As an occasion, the biggest fixture in Scotland so far this season.

snooky
08-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Loathe it purely because I'm a born pessimist and always think we'll get beat.
However, the benefit comes when we do win the elation is magnified 10-fold. :wink:

Edinburgher
08-02-2017, 04:09 PM
Never really look forward to playing Hearts - I`m a mentally scarred child of the 22 in a row era. It`s a little like travelling long distance - you can`t bear the thought of the journey and you just hope the destination makes up for it.

lyonhibs
08-02-2017, 04:33 PM
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. I'd imagine anyone of my age is roughly the same given the early/mid 90's against them and the subsequent torrid childhood memories.

Delighted when the draw was made though. A great occasion in the offing

EH54
08-02-2017, 04:51 PM
Confidence has took a knock the last week or so but I believe Stubs drilled In a no fear mentality to the core of this team playing against Hearts and has changed the mentality within the players and club, something I have no doubt Lennon will continue were underdogs again here but it will be a long time before going to Tyni again with fear Were more than capable of winning at that dump.

Deansy
08-02-2017, 06:19 PM

They get confident after two good CORNERS won !. 'Fickle' was invented purely for the Jambo and now that they're back on the same level as Barcelona, their confidence will be no problem - unfortunately for them, their problems will start once the game kicks-off !!

H18 SFR
08-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Ian McCall on Radio Scotland just now, Hibs to beat Hearts.

JimboHibs
08-02-2017, 06:59 PM
Love it despise the vermin tramps even sweeter hearing the confidence flowing from the tramps,were gonna burst the Gorgie Guardiola's dreamteam of tramps n misfits.

northstandhibby
08-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Looking forward to it even though gutted at not having a ticket as yet (there's always hope). Obviously be a very happy chappy if we win but I'd still be very happy to get a replay at ER. Starting to get the derby buzz.

glory glory