PDA

View Full Version : Pre Match Boozers: scottish cup defence

tam4hibs
06-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Admins; can't see an existing thread on this so feel free to merge or delete and redirect as needed.

Where's everyone heading pre match next Sunday?

As one of the lucky punters who has a ticket (sorry) I'm trying to plan my sunday morning. But being an early Sunday game I'm not too sure what's available this weekend?

- will the roseburn even be open pre game?
- murrayfield bar as an alternative?
- will I even get served in the murrayfield or still be in the queue at 3pm
- is Diane's full of 'them'?

Suggestions welcome. Decor and cocktail selection will not sway us; more interested in clientele and beer selection...

HIBERNIAN 1875
06-02-2017, 07:59 PM
Admins; can't see an existing thread on this so feel free to merge or delete and redirect as needed.

As one of the lucky punters who has a ticket (sorry) I'm trying to plan my sunday morning. But being an early Sunday game I'm not too sure what's available this weekend?

Suggestions welcome. Decor and cocktail selection will not sway us; more interested in clientele and beer selection...
Word is going around that the Murrayfield will be open at 8am, how true that is I don't know...

Itsnoteasy
06-02-2017, 08:36 PM

Dianes is owned by a Hibby.

Nakedmanoncrack
06-02-2017, 09:30 PM

Always a good Hibs contingent in Dianes, open from 08.00 on Sunday morning & cheap as chips :thumbsup:
Was there before the game a year ago, was good. Missed out on a ticket this time but may stop off for an early pint there enroute to the Hibs Club.

cabbageandribs1875
06-02-2017, 09:37 PM
we were in Diane's for the st.johnstone game, downstairs and a stern faced wifie behind the bar was shouting no singing :( although they were giving it laldy upstairs :greengrin

FC Leige
06-02-2017, 09:40 PM
If your a member or can get signed in the Beachwood Bowling Club just up from Murrayfield Stadium serves bevvy early doors. The only problem is its mixed with the poppy thieves so no singing allowed.

tam4hibs
06-02-2017, 10:23 PM
Always a good Hibs contingent in Dianes, open from 08.00 on Sunday morning & cheap as chips :thumbsup:
Was there before the game a year ago, was good. Missed out on a ticket this time but may stop off for an early pint there enroute to the Hibs Club.

Diane's sounds a good pick then. Or is it one of those times were I've been caught out and walk in with a hibs scarf and they all turn, like a scene from an old western.

Except they have 12 fingers and holding hands with their sisters whilst their mutant children climb the walls...

SteveHFC
06-02-2017, 10:34 PM
Diane's sounds a good pick then. Or is it one of those times were I've been caught out and walk in with a hibs scarf and they all turn, like a scene from an old western.

Except they have 12 fingers and holding hands with their sisters whilst their mutant children climb the walls...

Think we're heading to Diane's on sunday too. :aok:

HibernianJK
06-02-2017, 10:42 PM
we were in Diane's for the st.johnstone game, downstairs and a stern faced wifie behind the bar was shouting no singing :( although they were giving it laldy upstairs :greengrin

It was brilliant up stairs before the St Johnstone semi :agree:

Out of interest, not got a ticket but going to chance my arm and head up just in case. Will the Roseburn stay open for the game or do they shut it?

Nakedmanoncrack
06-02-2017, 10:47 PM

Will be mixed, but on past experience a good crowd.

HIBERNIAN 1875
07-02-2017, 01:09 PM
Facebook messaged the Roseburn Bar this morning, they are opening at 11.

Itsnoteasy
07-02-2017, 08:59 PM
Facebook messaged the Roseburn Bar this morning, they are opening at 11.

Better camp overnight. That place will be rammed by 11.05

HIBERNIAN 1875
07-02-2017, 09:06 PM
Better camp overnight. That place will be rammed by 11.05
I also messaged the Murrayfield who confirmed 9am open. Probably best to head there.

Carheenlea
08-02-2017, 12:27 PM
Diane's has been our recent pre Tynecastle bolt hole, but don't expect a Roseburn/Murrayfield style song and dance fest. This place opens at 8 seven days a week, and a few Sunday morning regulars will be in, plus a mixture of Hibs and Hearts fans.
If you want to enjoy a few queuing-free cheap beers and a blether with your mates, Diane's is perfect. But if you want to plough through the songbook and enjoy a more raucous Derby build up, it won't be found there unfortunately.

Betty Boop
08-02-2017, 01:07 PM
Dianes is owned by a Hibby.

Aye but usually full of Jambos.

hulk
08-02-2017, 02:21 PM
I also messaged the Murrayfield who confirmed 9am open. Probably best to head there.

Murrayfield bar or hotel ? I must be behind
the times as didn't know you could get booze
That early in Scottish pubs.

Bristolhibby
08-02-2017, 02:28 PM

That's just Glasgow.

That said, managed to get a drink in Wetherspoons in the Weedge before the semi v Falkirk. Only catch was we all had to buy a bacon roll.

6 bacon rolls, 6 pints of lager and 6 Jagerbombs please barmaid.

J

Moulin Yarns
08-02-2017, 03:13 PM
That's just Glasgow.

That said, managed to get a drink in Wetherspoons in the Weedge before the semi v Falkirk. Only catch was we all had to buy a bacon roll.

J

I remember being in the Pump House ('Spoons) in Harrogate for breakfast the back of 9 and there were groups of Leeds Utd fans in getting boozed up before heading to a game. just weird.

green&left
08-02-2017, 03:17 PM

Pubs can't sell until 10am on Sunday's but social clubs and hotels can sell before that, hence Dianes and the Murrayfield Hotel will be the choice for some.

Ridiculous rule.

FastEddieFelson
08-02-2017, 03:26 PM
That's just Glasgow.

J

i distinctly remember the massive pile of untouched bacon rolls in the goose on union street before the 4-3 falkirk semi

Albanian Hibs
08-02-2017, 03:37 PM
Pubs can't sell until 10am on Sunday's but social clubs and hotels can sell before that, hence Dianes and the Murrayfield Hotel will be the choice for some.

Ridiculous rule.

And in Wetherspoons. Ended up hammered after having a liquid breakfast before the Shrewsbury match pre season.

steve75
08-02-2017, 03:52 PM

Ridiculous rule.

I'm pretty sure anywhere can serve 24 hours a day. Just have to have the license.

Some long-standing traditions (indeed, legal requirements) have disappeared as a consequence. First, "permitted hours" gained a new meaning. Until the 2003 Act came into force on 24 November 2005,[8] permitted hours were a standard legal constraint: for example, serving alcohol after 23:00 meant that a licensing extension had to exist—either permanent (as for nightclubs, for example), or by special application from the licensee concerned for a particular occasion. There was also a customary general derogation permitting a modest extension on particular dates, such as New Year's Eve and some other Public Holidays. Licensees did not need to apply for these and could take advantage of them if they wished without any formality. Now, permitted hours are theoretically continuous: it is possible for a premises licence to be held which allows 24-hour opening, and indeed some do exist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_licensing_laws_of_the_United_Kingdom

HIBERNIAN 1875
08-02-2017, 03:58 PM

Hotel

Bristolhibby
08-02-2017, 04:37 PM
i distinctly remember the massive pile of untouched bacon rolls in the goose on union street before the 4-3 falkirk semi

That's the place. I ate my bacon rolls though.

J

FifeHibs
11-02-2017, 07:08 PM
Will platform 5 be an option tomorrow

BoomtownHibees
11-02-2017, 07:25 PM
Will platform 5 be an option tomorrow

No alcohol until 11

lucky
11-02-2017, 07:34 PM
If your a member or can get signed in the Beachwood Bowling Club just up from Murrayfield Stadium serves bevvy early doors. The only problem is its mixed with the poppy thieves so no singing allowed.

Members only, a bit stricter than it used to since Celtic fans cause bother

FC Leige
11-02-2017, 08:16 PM
Will platform 5 be an option tomorrow Bouncers on the door with a strict no colours policy.

Exiled in Poole
11-02-2017, 08:37 PM
I'm pretty sure anywhere can serve 24 hours a day. Just have to have the license.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_licensing_laws_of_the_United_Kingdom

In England.....

Scouse Hibee
11-02-2017, 08:47 PM

Ridiculous rule.

Even hotels have to identify their core licensing hours no one has a blanket 24 hour licence They have core hours with an exception that they can serve residents 24 hours a day if they wish. Most hotels have their core licensing hours starting early which enables them to serve alcohol earlier than pubs. It's not a given though,they still have to identify their core hours when they submit their operating plan with their licence application

Gmack7
12-02-2017, 08:04 AM
I phoned the Murrayfield it opens at 11 not 9,wrap up if you intend waiting for 2 hours

adhibs
12-02-2017, 08:06 AM
I phoned the Murrayfield it opens at 11 not 9,wrap up if you intend waiting for 2 hours

Must be a last min change of plans, theyd confirmed 9 earlier in week. Nightmare if thats the case.

BoomtownHibees
12-02-2017, 08:46 AM

Definitely 9. Just phoned a minute ago and confirmed as 9

green&left
12-02-2017, 08:47 AM

Sounds as if you've phoned the murrayfield sports bar and not the hotel

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2017, 08:50 AM
Sounds as if you've phoned the murrayfield sports bar and not the hotel

Either or he's trying get to ensure he gets served easily ;-)

adhibs
12-02-2017, 09:03 AM
Anybody there with a pint in hand?

green&left
12-02-2017, 09:10 AM
Hows the Murrayfield and Dianes looking? Rammed or served alright?

jnr_hibee
12-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Hows the Murrayfield and Dianes looking? Rammed or served alright?

Rammed. 15 min queue to get in. Murrayfield that is

GreenLake
12-02-2017, 09:15 AM
I am trying to decide between Don Julio 1942, Jose Cuervo Reserva De La Familia and a decent whisky.

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2017, 09:21 AM
Rammed. 15 min queue to get in. Murrayfield that is

Where's the enjoyment in that.....madness.

adhibs
12-02-2017, 09:35 AM
Where's the enjoyment in that.....madness.

No enjoyment at all, been and left already. Que of about 50 folk goin through the garden and onto the street. Just happy i bought a day saver.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-02-2017, 09:38 AM
All the Hibbies in Old Street Wetherspoons are getting served nae bother.

patch1875
12-02-2017, 09:52 AM
I stay round the corner from the Murrayfield Hotel sounds quite lively already!

Carheenlea
12-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Diane's busy, but service prompt for £2.40 pints. Mixed crowd and all very jovial.

lyonhibs
12-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Tempted by an early G+T to whet my whistle in the house pre departure....

Pretty Boy
12-02-2017, 11:09 AM
Being very sophisticated (hungover) and opting for coffee pre game.

C Feeney-Seale
12-02-2017, 11:35 AM
I stay round the corner from the Murrayfield Hotel sounds quite lively already!

The Murrayfield was bouncing, great warm up!

lyonhibs
12-02-2017, 11:36 AM
Tempted by an early G+T to whet my whistle in the house pre departure....

And when I say tempted, I mean "having"....

Like the look of the starting XI as well. Let's be doing this Hibs!!!