PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SUPPORTER REP VOTING OPEN

RSS Bot
06-02-2017, 04:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7253)

Smartie
06-02-2017, 04:41 PM
I have just tried to vote.

Do you get a "thanks for causing your vote" page?

I'm pretty sure my vote didn't go through.

HibeeMackenzie
06-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Votes made for Frank and Amit, if it ain't broke

GreenArmyyy!
06-02-2017, 05:13 PM

Any particular reason you feel it isn't broken? Many aspects need vast improvement IMO.

06-02-2017, 05:31 PM

Frank and Amit have done well and i'm grateful for their efforts but IMO its time for fresh ideas and new voices. I think rotating the fans reps is a good idea. Different people can bring in different things and as I say, fresh ideas.

Stantons Angel
06-02-2017, 05:33 PM
I have just tried to vote.

Do you get a "thanks for causing your vote" page?

I'm pretty sure my vote didn't go through.

I just got a blank page after voting but scrolled up and the acknowledgment was there.
I hope this helps.

Devonhibs
06-02-2017, 05:36 PM
I voted no problem although the white page seemed to stay up for a long time before confirmation came through.

NAE NOOKIE
06-02-2017, 06:07 PM
Having watched all of the wee films I haven't changed my mind about voting for Tracey, but I have to say I'm kind of leaning towards Gordon Munro ..... he seems to have a wealth of experience in Edinburgh life such as being involved with the conference centre and the Leith festival, he also makes a good point about getting fans prepared for the time where we may well be in charge of the club.

Even if he doesn't get elected he sounds like the sort of guy Hibs might want to keep around.

Eyrie
06-02-2017, 07:12 PM
I voted no problem although the white page seemed to stay up for a long time before confirmation came through.

Same problem here, but it went through in the end.

Tom Hart RIP
06-02-2017, 07:14 PM
I think being retired is a bonus as the candidate can spend more time on this role.
Frank's involvement with the persevere tour, his attendance at every development game and his lifelong love of the Hibs makes him the strongest candidate for me.
I used to sit behind him in the FF lower years ago so have had many conversations with him. Another plus was that I can't remember ever hearing him slag off any Hibs player. His view was similar to my own about always backing the players who are wearing the jersey.
I've met Amit a couple of times and found him to be a good guy with different attributes from Frank.
Won't be voting till later this month but these two are my likely pair GGTTH

Martin Dundas
06-02-2017, 07:15 PM
Same problem here, but it went through in the end.

Sounds familiar. I blame Ticketmaster :wink:

Cod Boy
06-02-2017, 07:21 PM
Amit for me still undecided on my other vote.

Eyrie
06-02-2017, 07:36 PM
Sounds familiar. I blame Ticketmaster :wink:

Does that mean that Ticketshafter have been charging me every time I try to vote?

Pretty Boy
06-02-2017, 07:38 PM
Voted for Frank and Tracy.

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Supporter Representative Vote
Your response has been recorded.

You would think it would say thanks for your vote, we have your votes, you may not vote again.

Or words to that effect?

I'm none the wiser if its gone through or not? :confused:

SON OF PADDY
06-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Charlene and Frank have my vote.

Nakedmanoncrack
06-02-2017, 08:25 PM

:agree:

GreenArmyyy!
06-02-2017, 08:27 PM
Frank and Tracey have my votes.

Going to be honest I wasn't really aware of what Frank had been doing in the role in the last couple of years till I really did some digging over the last few weeks and I'm genuinely astounded at the amount he does behind the scenes. Second thing that struck me was I couldn't make the hustings the other week but I popped in at the end to meet the candidates who were still mingling and Frank must have been there till half past 10 at night. Once I left there I went round to Easter Road to queue for Derby tickets and the first people to turn up to help with the queue at half 6 in the morning were Frank and Greig Mailer which I thought was absolutely fantastic. They spent hours walking up and down the queue, giving out the vouchers, addressing issues, making tea and coffee for everyone and just generally helping the time pass quicker. The tipping point was Frank's willingness to do a live video Q & A on our group today. A lot of people have been questioning Frank's ability to communicate with the wider support using online platforms (myself included) but I think the fact he approached us himself today and sat taking live questions for the best part of an hour proves his willingness to change/adapt and that for me will mean he gets one of my votes.

Tracey whether or not any of you know this is a very good friend of mine and was also an admin on our group so I understand if some people will think I am biased towards her but I genuinely believe she is one of the two best candidates for the role.

On our group Tracey helped build a massive following through, interaction, engagement through putting her hand in to her own pockets to provide quiz prizes which helps create excitement within the support. She spends a lot of time just answering general questions through PM on Facebook from group members which was effectively the basic role description for a fans rep in the first place. She even offered to collect tickets for supporters for away games that couldn't make it to Easter Road to collect them on numerous occasions last season. Along with myself and other admins she has helped in funding player sponsorships and sending flowers arrangements to Leeann Dempster after we won the Scottish cup.

Tracey has been attending the working together meetings for some time now, so much so that I believe she is in charge of taking the minutes for the majority of the meetings (I'm sure she will quickly correct me if I'm wrong!). During these meetings she is already taking back feedback and questions from the support to be answered or passed on to the club and has been doing so quite a while now.

She regularly volunteers at the Hibs kids days in the West Stand car park providing a "tourist information" service if you like and helping families have a great Hibs experience.

All that aside she is an extremely approachable woman with a heart of gold that will make time for everybody which makes her a real stand out for me.

GGTTH!

HappyHibeeAG
06-02-2017, 08:37 PM
Tracey Smith and Frank Dougan have my vote.

And to take the lazy approach explaining why i think Greenarmyyy hit the nail on the head.

Both candidates always go above and beyond for the club AND the fans! And at the end of the day isn't that what we all are looking for?

GGTTH

Forza Fred
07-02-2017, 02:44 AM
What I found interesting was the order of the candidates listed on the 'voting paper' and wonder how it would have been derived at.

Certainly wasn't in alphabetical order.

In Oz at election time a draw is made to ascertain the order, as the 'donkey vote' as it is known whereby voters simply vote for the first listed candidate, has been estimated as being worth 5 per cent of the vote sometimes.

Frank might be pleased to read this, but I point out voting is compulsory out here in parliamentary elections...

On a more serious note, many would not be aware that the voting arrangements have been 'opened up' since last year when only season ticket holders could vote.

Now, to be eligible to vote, one only needs a client reference number..which allows non 'regular' attendees to vote.

This one could reasonably assume, would tend to favour the likes of Charlene who, being London based, is likely to garner a fair degree of support from her fellow London Branch members..of which there are many, and many of them would NOT be season ticket holders.

Less likely to assist Frank, who is well supported among older, locally based Hibbies who are more likely to be season ticket holders.....

The final figures will be interesting.

CropleyWasGod
07-02-2017, 04:46 AM
What I found interesting was the order of the candidates listed on the 'voting paper' and wonder how it would have been derived at.

In Oz at election time a draw is made to ascertain the order, as the 'donkey vote' as it is known whereby voters simply vote for the first listed candidate, has been estimated as being worth 5 per cent of the vote sometimes.

Frank might be pleased to read this, but I point out voting is compulsory out here in parliamentary elections...

On a more serious note, many would not be aware that the voting arrangements have been 'opened up' since last year when only season ticket holders could vote.

Now, to be eligible to vote, one only needs a client reference number..which allows non 'regular' attendees to vote.

This one could reasonably assume, would tend to favour the likes of Charlene who, being London based, is likely to garner a fair degree of support from her fellow London Branch members..of which there are many, and many of them would NOT be season ticket holders.

Less likely to assist Frank, who is well supported among older, locally based Hibbies who are more likely to be season ticket holders.....

It wasn't just ST holders who could vote last time.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

C Feeney-Seale
07-02-2017, 06:11 AM

Hi Forza,

I'm pretty sure the order of candidates was in alphabetical order by surname, there wasn't any other system to prioritise the order.

For the hustings, the order we spoke in was determined by a draw.

Cheers,

Charlene

Scouse Hibee
07-02-2017, 09:26 AM

They are in alphabetical order according to surnames, are they not?

Hibeewilly
07-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Although there would appear to be some good candidates I've stuck with Frank and Amit

Forza Fred
07-02-2017, 09:56 AM
They are in alphabetical order according to surnames, are they not?

Indeed.

Guess I'm just used to candidates surnames being shown first on ballot papers.

Coults1875
07-02-2017, 09:59 AM
Frank and Tracey for me! :flag:

HappyHanlon
07-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Charlene and Amit for me.

I've met Amit a few times and he's a a good man for the job.

Charlene, I thought came across very well in the interviews and will be an asset to the board :agree:

lucky
07-02-2017, 11:47 AM
Voted for Frank & Gordon.

147lothian
07-02-2017, 11:56 AM
I voted for Frank and Charlene

Spike Mandela
07-02-2017, 12:01 PM
Gordon Munro for me. Sat near him for years and the guy has passion, wit, intelligence and the experience required to hold the board to account on the fans behalf.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2017, 09:22 AM
Don't understand the need to have e-mail address, there will be plenty of people who don't use e-mail?

Geo_1875
08-02-2017, 10:27 AM
Don't understand the need to have e-mail address, there will be plenty of people who don't use e-mail?

If you don't use email you won't get the email telling you that voting is open.

You can also use the ballot boxes at the stadium to cast your vote so won't need email.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2017, 10:34 AM
If you don't use email you won't get the email telling you that voting is open.

You can also use the ballot boxes at the stadium to cast your vote so won't need email.

It was on official site G.... Two old guys I spoke to yesterday, could not vote as they didn't have email addresses. They will hopefully see forms at next home game