PDA

View Full Version : Bartley,mginn and fyvie

21sMay
06-02-2017, 01:59 PM
I think these guys are absolutely key to us winning on Sunday , if big Marv and fyvie sit to allow mginn to take us forward I think we will give them a lot to think about. Picking the 2 others to play further forward with jase will be tough as these guys are going to have to work very hard . Think I'd go holt right up too with Cummings and Boyle in behind helping out the midfield

Unseen work
06-02-2017, 02:03 PM
I think Marv is crucial every game, not just the "big" games.

When we are playing against teams that just sit in, the chance they have from scoring will either be a counter attack or a set piece.

Marv would of one of the biggest players in our team.

He also stops a lot of counter attacks on his own, and I would bet good money if he was playing on Saturday he would of stopped that attack.

Our midfielders looked uninterested that a guy ran half the pitch and closing in our goal. It looked like they thought "he won't score, the defence and goalie will deal with it"

KeithTheHibby
06-02-2017, 02:08 PM
I think these guys are absolutely key to us winning on Sunday , if big Marv and fyvie sit to allow mginn to take us forward I think we will give them a lot to think about. Picking the 2 others to play further forward with jase will be tough as these guys are going to have to work very hard . Think I'd go holt right up too with Cummings and Boyle in behind helping out the midfield

I would play those 3 without a doubt. Plus either Humphrey or Boyle with JC and Holt up front. 442.

andrew70
06-02-2017, 02:13 PM
I would play those 3 without a doubt. Plus either Humphrey or Boyle with JC and Holt up front. 442.

If it's a diamond I think Keatings would play, a flat four would, IMO, possibly see one of Barts or Fraser missing out as don't I like the idea of McGinn wide left.

A diamond could also be a bit naive considering Hearts play with plenty of width.

IF Hanlon had been fit I think he would have went 352. After Sat I've no idea but I have to admit to great concerns overplaying a diamond and unfortunately Fontaine, harsh as that sounds.

adhibs
06-02-2017, 02:18 PM

I wouldnt have humphrey in the squad, nevermind starting.

Billy Whizz
06-02-2017, 02:23 PM
Lennon said that on his sky preview, that would be a competitive game. These 3 along with Holt and McGregor come into that mound

danhibees1875
06-02-2017, 02:28 PM
Laidlaw
Gray McGregor Fontaine Stevenson
..........Bartley
...........Fyvie
....Mcginn..... Keatings
........Jason
..............Holt

Is where I currently stand. But it changes often :greengrin

21sMay
06-02-2017, 02:29 PM
I would certainly have Humphrey in the squad . I see few folk haven't taken to him, he is a typical winger who will either be brilliant or poor. If things aren't working for us on Sunday I'd like the option of bringing him on, maybe even in the centre forward position

Berwickhibby
06-02-2017, 02:29 PM
Lots of rumours floating around about Big Marv.... can anyone confirm that he is still training with the club.

21sMay
06-02-2017, 02:30 PM
Laidlaw
..........Bartley
...........Fyvie
....Mcginn..... Keatings
........Jason
..............Holt

Is where I currently stand. But it changes often :greengrin

I'd swap keatings for
Boyle or shinnie , apart from that then this is the line up
I think we will see

21sMay
06-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Lots of rumours floating around about Big Marv.... can anyone confirm that he is still training with the club.

I bloody hope so

danhibees1875
06-02-2017, 02:34 PM
I'd swap keatings for
Boyle or shinnie , apart from that then this is the line up
I think we will see
I'd have no problems with Boyle in there. His pace is electric and he can maintain it for the full 90.

Shinnie has been hit or miss for me, but he's capable of finding a killer pass in the final 3rd better than Boyle and if he's on his game would be an asset.

Guess it depends how they're doing in training and what Lennon assesses from there - we need 11 players hell bent on winning.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

pacoluna
06-02-2017, 02:35 PM
Marv Should be playing every week!

Ryan69
06-02-2017, 02:37 PM
I wouldnt have humphrey in the squad, nevermind starting.

Their Goalie is absolutely murder dealing with crosses...so playing wingers is essential!

Just hope he finds his game.

Billy Whizz
06-02-2017, 02:38 PM

Where has this come from?

matty_f
06-02-2017, 02:45 PM

He was on the bench on Saturday, wasn't he?

Berwickhibby
06-02-2017, 02:50 PM
Yes double checked..... He was on the bench on Saturday.... The RUMOUR I heard was that he had fallen out of grace with NL after a domestic incident with his lady..... I can add no substance to this was just something I heard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
06-02-2017, 02:51 PM
Their Goalie is absolutely murder dealing with crosses...so playing wingers is essential!

That does not make playing wingers essential at all tbh

guthrie01
06-02-2017, 02:56 PM
Is McGeouch not able to play for the derby ?
Bartley sitting behind Fyvie and McGeouch while SJM playing ahead is our best midfield right now.

Lee Marvin
06-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Is McGeouch not able to play for the derby ?
Bartley sitting behind Fyvie and McGeouch while SJM playing ahead is our best midfield right now.

I agree with this, 100%.

For me, there is only one position up for grabs on Sunday - the other ten are as close to being set in stone as one can possibly assume.

The ten:

Laidlaw, Gray, Stevenson, McGregor, Fontaine, Bartley, Fyvie, Mcginn, Cummings, Holt.

The one:

McGeough, Shinnie, Keatings, Boyle or Forster (if he pays a back 5).

I'd be astounded if the team was anything else (That includes Humphrey starting).

Smartie
06-02-2017, 03:14 PM
Humphrey had a terrible game on Saturday but if he's fit (if) he's still an excellent option to have off the bench.

Although I'd be tempted to go 3-5-2, so there isn't really a position for him to play in my starting line-up.

Laidlaw

Forster McGregor Fontaine

Gray Bartley Stevenson

Fyvie (or McGeouch) McGinn

Holt Cummings

The pace of Boyle and Humphrey may be key late in the game.

ShadesLongThrow
06-02-2017, 03:27 PM
Big Marv is also happy to give an opponent a kick when needs be. Something none of the other midfielders do. Not very pretty but that Ayr player should have been taken out well before he was in a position to shoot.

hfc-1875
06-02-2017, 03:56 PM
For me I'd play Bartley sitting defensive mid, with fyvie on the right, Dylan in the centre and Mcginn on the left of a narrow 3 in front of him.

stevie-bee
06-02-2017, 04:22 PM
The pace of Humphrey, Paul Cairnie caught up with him and took the ball of him ,

JimBHibees
06-02-2017, 04:26 PM

He was on the bench on saturday :confused:

Smartie
06-02-2017, 04:31 PM
The pace of Humphrey, Paul Cairnie caught up with him and took the ball of him ,

Hence my comment on "if fit".

The player who burned Paul Dixon for pace a month ago was quick, the one outrun by Paul Cairney was not.

If he has the same level of fitness as he had on Saturday then he shouldn't even be near the bench.

Turkish Green
06-02-2017, 04:37 PM

wingers are not essential. The boy Hamilton looks fine handling cross balls into an uncongested box. It appears to be corners that he fluffs at when he is surrounded by players as their defence are not great headers of the ball.

The PBS is narrow, I would prefer an extra midfielder than a left winger. Sturna at RB looks solid but their new LB can be caught out of position. i watched then against the huns and Well, that Greek bloke in midfield looked quality if somewhat slow as did the French guy. So need to play at a high pace from the KO.

Ritchie
06-02-2017, 04:43 PM
Start the team in the same formation that started against Dundee United with McGinn replacing Commons & Fontaine replacing Hanlon (if not fit).

I'd start McGeouch which would leave Fyvie as back up if Dylan doesn't perform

leither17
06-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Yes double checked..... He was on the bench on Saturday.... The RUMOUR I heard was that he had fallen out of grace with NL after a domestic incident with his lady..... I can add no substance to this was just something I heard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be the pot calling the kettle black would it not?

Berwickhibby
06-02-2017, 05:07 PM
That would be the pot calling the kettle black would it not?

No idea..... has NL been involved in domestics .... dunno

southern hibby
06-02-2017, 05:32 PM
how good is mcginn at going past a man he just ghosts past them as if they're not there. I would have him as far forward as possible because I genuinely believe that hearts will know how easily he goes past players and will try to counter that. This will leave them further back and less likely to try and push forward as I fell they'll try and mark him out of the game.

Boyle for me is key for speed. Do we start with him for 60 minutes then bring on Humphteys if and when Boyle tires to keep the pressure on Hearts or do we we start with Humphries and bring Boyle
On for last 30 minutes against a tiring defence???

Dylan for me should start as he is without doubt a playmaker as should JC cause he really loves a goal against them.

Decisions decisions decisions, not sure what formation NL will go with but I'd like Hibs to score first as they've not been tested yet at going behind since new players come in. Not sure why but I think 3-1 Hibs as I said if we score first new ground for them and they'll press forward leaving space for us to exploit.

GGTTH

Unseen work
06-02-2017, 05:36 PM
how good is mcginn at going past a man he just ghosts past them as if they're not there. I would have him as far forward as possible because I genuinely believe that hearts will know how easily he goes past players and will try to counter that. This will leave them further back and less likely to try and push forward as I fell they'll try and mark him out of the game.

Boyle for me is key for speed. Do we start with him for 60 minutes then bring on Humphteys if and when Boyle tires to keep the pressure on Hearts or do we we start with Humphries and bring Boyle
On for last 30 minutes against a tiring defence???

Dylan for me should start as he is without doubt a playmaker as should JC cause he really loves a goal against them.

Decisions decisions decisions, not sure what formation NL will go with but I'd like Hibs to score first as they've not been tested yet at going behind since new players come in. Not sure why but I think 3-1 Hibs as I said if we score first new ground for them and they'll press forward leaving space for us to exploit.

GGTTH

Spot on for me.

Mcginn came on against united there and was fantastic.

Laidlaw

Gray mcgregor Fontaine Stevenson

Bartley fyvie

Humphrey Mcginn Boyle

Cummings

Smartie
06-02-2017, 05:43 PM
I thought McGinn looked like he'd found an extra yard of pace on Saturday.

He is brilliant at getting the ball deep and driving at players and opening things up.

MrSmith
06-02-2017, 05:46 PM
Hope Neil Lennon puts out comments re a strong referee required. If not, they will kick us off the park and walker will go back to free fall ... I have absolutely no trust in any referee for this fixture. Cmon NL, let's start the mind games 👍

Billy Whizz
06-02-2017, 06:07 PM
Hope Neil Lennon puts out comments re a strong referee required. If not, they will kick us off the park and walker will go back to free fall ... I have absolutely no trust in any referee for this fixture. Cmon NL, let's start the mind games 👍

Can't see it being CT, after his high profile blunders yesterday

B.H.F.C
06-02-2017, 06:11 PM
Can't see it being CT, after his high profile blunders yesterday

Since when were referees accountable for their mistakes and punished accordingly in Scotland? Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he gets it.

SChibs
06-02-2017, 06:17 PM
Spot on for me.

Mcginn came on against united there and was fantastic.

Laidlaw

Gray mcgregor Fontaine Stevenson

Bartley fyvie

Humphrey Mcginn Boyle

Cummings

This.

J-C
06-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Never understand why you'd have McGeouch on the bench, if he's fit he plays that simple. Big Marv is very limited but in certain games where you need a bit of steel he's perfect.

Laidlaw

Bartley

McGeouch Fyvie McGinn

Holt Cummings.

You can always shake it up by bringing Boyle, Keatings and Humphrey on to add pace and width.

dchibs
06-02-2017, 06:44 PM
Is McGeouch not able to play for the derby ?Bartley sitting behind Fyvie and McGeouch while SJM playing ahead is our best midfield right now.That would be my midfield too.

FC Leige
06-02-2017, 06:55 PM
Big Marv was outstanding last season in the 2-2 game. He was like a colossus sitting in front of the back 3. He is the one man we definitely need on Sunday. Along with Cummings should be the first names on the team sheet

Billy Whizz
06-02-2017, 07:19 PM
Big Marv was outstanding last season in the 2-2 game. He was like a colossus sitting in front of the back 3. He is the one man we definitely need on Sunday. Along with Cummings should be the first names on the team sheet

Think Marv said on the DVD video, that in the replay at ER llast season, the Hearts players were shaking in the tunnel, after the Hibs player starting shouting. Same again please

ancient hibee
06-02-2017, 07:25 PM
Holt must play.The photograph of Jason's goal on Saturday is instructive.The goalie can't get out for Holt,who is not obstructing him just in the right place,a centre half is marking Holt,another one is just hitting the deck and Jason has a free header.Not all coincidences.

Tyler Durden
06-02-2017, 07:39 PM
Holt must play.The photograph of Jason's goal on Saturday is instructive.The goalie can't get out for Holt,who is not obstructing him just in the right place,a centre half is marking Holt,another one is just hitting the deck and Jason has a free header.Not all coincidences.

I tend to agree. Your point about occupying defenders is a good one and Holt is also adept at knocking good through balls in behind for Cummings to run onto. His discipline does worry me though.

If we do play Holt then it should be a back 3 and that would mean a midfield of McGeouch, Fyvie and McGinn for me. Same as Scottish Cup final and we can change later if required

ancient hibee
06-02-2017, 07:46 PM
I tend to agree. Your point about occupying defenders is a good one and Holt is also adept at knocking good through balls in behind for Cummings to run onto. His discipline does worry me though.

If we do play Holt then it should be a back 3 and that would mean a midfield of McGeouch, Fyvie and McGinn for me. Same as Scottish Cup final and we can change later if required
I thought in the first game of the season at Falkirk that Holt and Cummings looked the ideal pairing.It hasn't quite worked out but to me the fault lies with Lennon for too much unnecessary tinkering as the season has gone on.Holt played better through balls and released players more often than the various midfielders combined on Saturday tray in his 45 minutes.

we are hibs
06-02-2017, 08:58 PM
McGeouch if fit simply has to start. He makes us tick and controls the tempo of our play. Bartley also has to play IMO as he's usually outstanding in matches like this. McGinn and Fyvie in between McGinn and Bartley.

Holt and cummings up top. Cummings always turns up against hearts and this is the kind of game I feel Holt will be useful in. Winding up the opposition whilst putting himself about and giving us a physical presence up top. Would've liked to see Humphrey and Boyle running at their full backs though. Tough choice but Lennon has to get it spot on after Saturday's shambles.

matty_f
06-02-2017, 09:04 PM
I'd bring Forster in and go with three centre halves, Bartley, McGinn and Fyvie as a central three with Stevenson and Great on ether side. Holt and Cummings up front.

alihibs1
06-02-2017, 09:15 PM
Don't know why but keep getting a feeling Holt might bag a couple

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hibee Mac
06-02-2017, 09:56 PM
Don't know why but keep getting a feeling Holt might bag a couple

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Same here, it'd be a great way of cementing himself as a so called "well liked" player.

hibbydog
06-02-2017, 10:05 PM
laidlaw

SDG McGregor Fonts Lewis

Fyvie Bartley SJM Boyle

Holt Jason

Strong bench. Shinnie to watch it on telly. He's had plenty of chances to show what he can do. And he's been pish every time.