PDA

View Full Version : The monster created by greedy Platini & greedy clubs

majorhibs
05-02-2017, 08:44 PM
The 'Tic. With their EUFA created bigger than anyone near them European competition revenue. Like the bankers. Cheers for killing our game in our country & ensuring the big boys get everything while domestic leagues are goosed due to total uneven finance. Blinder Platini & EUFA. Bans came 15 yrs too late. You'd already destroyed all European leagues by then.

Bishop Hibee
05-02-2017, 08:59 PM
Greed is Good Euro Soccer Superleague can't come soon enough so the OF can clear off.

Hibs Class
05-02-2017, 09:10 PM
Greed is Good Euro Soccer Superleague can't come soon enough so the OF can clear off.

Why would you think that sevco would even be invited to take part? In a European context they are less than nothing.

SirDavidsNapper
05-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Football is totally goosed. Warbury Warriors joining a 'world league' was the final straw for me

majorhibs
05-02-2017, 09:28 PM
Why would you think that sevco would even be invited to take part? In a European context they are less than nothing.

Yet 'Tic can offer any players with us they fancy 10 times wages if req'd, & as we all know the CL dough just keeps projecting them further away from us. But Platini etc cont. to try to make the big guys, of which the tic are a small time hanger on but benefiting against all local competitors, point is Platini & EUFA created & cont. to widen this gap. I was a young idealistic football fan a long time ago who loved watching Hibs in Europe. Now, I just think "f*#k EUFA & their crooked competitions" It didn't have to be this way. But I didn't anticipate crooked Platini & crooked EUFA.

Carheenlea
05-02-2017, 09:31 PM

They would have money making potential in the eyes of the money makers. The Old Firm would be more of an attraction to them than just one of them.

heid the baw
05-02-2017, 10:08 PM
They would have money making potential in the eyes of the money makers. The Old Firm would be more of an attraction to them than just one of them.

Madrid, London, Manchester, (possibly Milan and Lisbon). Outwith these, there are no city rivalries with 2 teams worth anything in terms of UEFA money making potential. Scottish football is an irrelevance in todays game. We have one champions league place for a reason, and to be fair, Celtic have done relatively well to get to a few group stages.
T.V money has wrecked the game, but you can't turn the clock back. Celtic will do well to keep trying to stay competitive in Europe. Sevco are not even at the races.

majorhibs
05-02-2017, 10:21 PM
Madrid, London, Manchester, (possibly Milan and Lisbon). Outwith these, there are no city rivalries with 2 teams worth anything in terms of UEFA money making potential. Scottish football is an irrelevance in todays game. We have one champions league place for a reason, and to be fair, Celtic have done relatively well to get to a few group stages.
T.V money has wrecked the game, but you can't turn the clock back. Celtic will do well to keep trying to stay competitive in Europe. Sevco are not even at the races.

Barry. Cannae change nowt. Look forward to next few years of competin for 1 X trophy per 2nd season that tic might slip up in & give other minions a chance. Cheers EUFA/Platini for making this monster that's diminishing year by year my clubs chance of competing evenly/financially to win honours in our domestic league. How very sporting!

Ozyhibby
05-02-2017, 10:30 PM
Scotland needs an American style salary cap or we can carry on with our one team league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
05-02-2017, 10:32 PM
The 'Tic. With their EUFA created bigger than anyone near them European competition revenue. Like the bankers. Cheers for killing our game in our country & ensuring the big boys get everything while domestic leagues are goosed due to total uneven finance. Blinder Platini & EUFA. Bans came 15 yrs too late. You'd already destroyed all European leagues by then.

Couldn't agree more mate.

I will be watching the Superbowl tonight ... the culmination of a competition where even in the land of the greedy they realise that you cant allow a system where a few clubs can dominate, no matter how much money it can make you.

So far as domestic leagues in Europe are concerned the games a bust ......... the 5 biggest leagues call the shots and the rest can go hang. In the old days the big clubs from those leagues dominated as part of a natural process, now the game is fixed to make sure they dominate, which means there are no surprises any more ... clubs like Benfica, Ajax, Celtic etc in the also ran leagues are made more powerful domestically because of the Champions league money, they cant make a dent in Europe but they are made more powerful at home which makes even those leagues predictable.

The good news is that the so called Champions league is beginning to bore the tits off anybody apart from the followers of the usual suspects ...... I have watched the two finals between Real and Atletico Madrid because I wanted to see Atletico get one over their dominant city rivals. But that aside I wouldn't bother making a point of watching the CL final ...... who wins this year between Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona or Man City I really couldn't give a toss.

heid the baw
05-02-2017, 10:34 PM
Scotland needs an American style salary cap or we can carry on with our one team league.

Salary cap won't work, that would be a race to the bottom.

Haymaker
05-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Football is totally goosed. Warbury Warriors joining a 'world league' was the final straw for me

Totally outrageous imo. What is Nick thinking?

Hibernia&Alba
06-02-2017, 12:16 AM
Would a salary cap be enforceable in practice? Clubs would find ways around it.

A return to splitting all gate receipts 50-50 would be a start.

Slavoj Zizek
06-02-2017, 12:55 AM
The 'Tic. With their EUFA created bigger than anyone near them European competition revenue. Like the bankers. Cheers for killing our game in our country & ensuring the big boys get everything while domestic leagues are goosed due to total uneven finance. Blinder Platini & EUFA. Bans came 15 yrs too late. You'd already destroyed all European leagues by then. What is your point and how does it apply to Hibs? This is nothing new, going back to 2008, I have found word for word posts such as this. It is called £££££'s and there is nothing you, I or any of us can do about it. Please enlighten us as to how we, as fans, can change the corrupt structures of UEFA/FIFA HQ...

majorhibs
06-02-2017, 10:05 PM
What is your point and how does it apply to Hibs? This is nothing new, going back to 2008, I have found word for word posts such as this. It is called £££££'s and there is nothing you, I or any of us can do about it. Please enlighten us as to how we, as fans, can change the corrupt structures of UEFA/FIFA HQ...

No gonnae bother enlightening someone who knows "exactly" how its been since 2008. You just keep worshippin your ££££s & big teams. For the likes ae me who grew up worshippin my local team & EUFA who provided that brill 3 X competitions my team occassionally got the honour of playing & performing in, due to the corruption & the disgusting methods, not unlike the bankers that wrecked the world in "2008", from one of their biggest admirers as an impressionable youth, let me tell ye- along with the lowest ****bags that are bankers, I now view eufa the same way. Disgusting, despicable, greedy, self serving undeserving lowlife excuses for human beings. Thats my polite opinion of these #*#*s.

ballengeich
06-02-2017, 10:21 PM
It's not just Scotland that has one club massively ahead of the others financially due to Champions league money. Basel's domination of the Swiss league is unprecedented in a competition that was equally contested until the last 10-15 years.

HappyAsHellas
07-02-2017, 07:02 PM
European nights at ER were always special and happened on a regular basis when I was in the first flush of youth. Even then we had no realistic chance of winning a trophy albeit we had some astonishing results. The playing field was pretty level back then and that's what annoys most folk who express an opinion on the matter. How we get back to this stage looks a long way off, certainly further away than Man U v Barcelona live from Beijing. So sad that so many young fans will miss out on these nights so the rich can get richer.

Phil MaGlass
07-02-2017, 07:22 PM
Started to lose interest in CL about 3-4 years ago, really cant be ersed with it, set up for only certain clubs to dominate, bugger the small clubs. Its funny, maybe its my age but even the CL final I stopped watching, its getting a bit like english fitba, piss boring and not alot of excitement, there are the odd games that are decent,but, they are few and far between, if yi cant help the smaller clubs, the games a bogey.

Phil MaGlass
07-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Keep your tears and snotters to yourself. You seem upset about something other than what everyone with a brain knows. I'll keep my Hibs season ticket and watch the CL in the boozer. I suppose such "enlightened" [sic] folk like you only watch amateur football down Pilton Park.

Majorhibs is right though

Ozyhibby
07-02-2017, 09:25 PM
Best way to watch any CL or EPL game on tv is for free on kodi. Once everyone does this we might see some normality return to football.

GreenNWhiteArmy
07-02-2017, 10:00 PM
Best way to watch any CL or EPL game on tv is for free on kodi. Once everyone does this we might see some normality return to football.

Agree with this. I get my Saturday fix by heading along to watch the mighty green and white but other than that I won't pay a bolt to sky and the likes to further kill off our game by pumping billions of pounds in to the English game.

That being said, I also blame all the clubs under the "SPFL" banner and those running our game for the abysmal marketing of a game that has as much drama and excitement as at least half of the English football structure

SChibs
07-02-2017, 10:01 PM
It's not just Scotland that has one club massively ahead of the others financially due to Champions league money. Basel's domination of the Swiss league is unprecedented in a competition that was equally contested until the last 10-15 years.

Olympiacos too

HoboHarry
08-02-2017, 01:18 AM
Not sure why Platini is being called out specifically? Die was cast long before him, he simply added his snout into the trough......