PDA

View Full Version : Famous Fife Hibs bus

Babyshamble
05-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Not relevant to a lot of folk on here so apologies in advance..Its our 30th anniversary this year.Geoff is trying to organise a reunion at Easter Rd in November.check out the famous Fife Facebook page & stick yer name down. GGTTH 🇳🇬🏆🇳🇬

coldingham hibs
05-02-2017, 08:13 PM
Not relevant to a lot of folk on here so apologies in advance..Its our 30th anniversary this year.Geoff is trying to organise a reunion at Easter Rd in November.check out the famous Fife Facebook page & stick yer name down. GGTTH 🇳🇬🏆🇳🇬

Is the Famous Fife supporters club still on the go?. I used to go on the bus many years ago (for a couple of seasons).

Babyshamble
05-02-2017, 08:18 PM
Is the Famous Fife supporters club still on the go?. I used to go on the bus many years ago (for a couple of seasons).

It stopped a few years ago,but all the boys from Glenrothes are still in touch & still go.

coldingham hibs
05-02-2017, 08:25 PM
It's a shame the bus stopped, unfortunately I had to revert to the car due to working on a Saturday. I remember having the pleasure of the great Mr & Mrs Lawrie Reilly sitting at my table at one of the POTY award nights.

Ronniekirk
05-02-2017, 08:26 PM
I used to travel from paisley to fife and then head back west on the Famous Fife Bus and then back to Fife then back to Paisley although had family thete that i visited
Geoff was a legend Will defo check it out and slways touch base with the Fife contingent at half time in the East Concourse at Half Time if i cant make it to the Office for a drink
May even have my Fampus Fife tee shirt in the loft but nae chance it would fit me noo

Babyshamble
05-02-2017, 08:34 PM
I used to travel from paisley to fife and then head back west on the Famous Fife Bus and then back to Fife then back to Paisley although had family thete that i visited
Geoff was a legend Will defo check it out and slways touch base with the Fife contingent at half time in the East Concourse at Half Time if i cant make it to the Office for a drink
May even have my Fampus Fife tee shirt in the loft but nae chance it would fit me noo my dad used to talk about you I think you know barney ?

GORDONSMITH7
05-02-2017, 08:36 PM

Several in St.Patrick's Branch fae Fife. Auld timers, Dunfermline, Kirkcaldy, Rosyth etc. Will pass this on.

GGTTH

BIG G

Ronniekirk
05-02-2017, 08:40 PM
my dad used to talk about you I think you know barney ?

Yep Barney is one of the guys i still seek out Am friends with Chops (gordon lamond )
I have a great story about when your dad first saw my son acting on tv cant repeat it on here though but my son loved it A friendlier down to earth guy an you can tell him i said that

IWasThere2016
05-02-2017, 09:09 PM
My late uncle Johnny Sturrock was a regular. I have been on it a few times - but hated smoking on it.

Remember Gumsh, Oatesy, Barney and Gordon Lamond - and Geoff obvs.

Babyshamble
05-02-2017, 09:12 PM
My late uncle Johnny Sturrock was a regular. I have been on it a few times - but hated smoking on it.

I loved John sturrock.im best mates with oatsey.go to the games with him every week.Barney is my dad.gumsh doesn't go anymore ,but chops does.

Ronniekirk
05-02-2017, 09:16 PM

Last time i bumped into Gumsh was at a pre season friendly at Berwick when Handling got a bad injury He had stayed overnight hadnt changed a bit

IWasThere2016
05-02-2017, 09:23 PM
I loved John sturrock.im best mates with oatsey.go to the games with him every week.Barney is my dad.gumsh doesn't go anymore ,but chops does.

My uncle was a great human being - his death and circumstances broke my heart. 'Spoke' to him in Leslie cementary recently - was all about 21 May ;-)

IWasThere2016
05-02-2017, 09:25 PM
Last time i bumped into Gumsh was at a pre season friendly at Berwick when Handling got a bad injury He had stayed overnight hadnt changed a bit

Gumsh and I grew up a few streets away. He's some boy..

Babyshamble
05-02-2017, 09:26 PM
My uncle was a great human being - his death and circumstances broke my heart. 'Spoke' to him in Leslie cementary recently - was all about 21 May ;-)

I was in the oak in Leslie with him the night before he died.everybody loved jock.he was a brilliant man.sadly missed 😢

GORDONSMITH7
05-02-2017, 09:28 PM
Several in St.Patrick's Branch fae Fife. Auld timers, Dunfermline, Kirkcaldy, Rosyth etc. Will pass this on.

GGTTH

BIG G

Should have said they are guys that were involved with Famous Fife big time.

GGTTH

BIG G

Ronniekirk
05-02-2017, 09:33 PM
I was in the oak in Leslie with him the night before he died.everybody loved jock.he was a brilliant man.sadly missed 😢

Many a liquid breakfast were consumed in the Oaks before heading to games Remember jock as well
The saying It taks a lang spoon tae sup wae a Fifer

London Hibee
05-02-2017, 10:03 PM
The Famous Fife was a fantastic club, I still have lots of great friends from those days.
I remember getting the train up from London for a game at Easter Road, then got the Fife bus from Inverkeithing to Ghent for the Liege game (with Chops, Oatsy, Ronnie etc) back to Fife for the next weekend's Hibs game, followed by the train back down to London.
Jock Sturrock was one of life's good guys & a guid Hibby.

Ronniekirk
05-02-2017, 10:28 PM
The Famous Fife was a fantastic club, I still have lots of great friends from those days.
I remember getting the train up from London for a game at Easter Road, then got the Fife bus from Inverkeithing to Ghent for the Liege game (with Chops, Oatsy, Ronnie etc) back to Fife for the next weekend's Hibs game, followed by the train back down to London.
Jock Sturrock was one of life's good guys & a guid Hibby.

Ghent was some night out All those student cellars sampling exotic beers If i remember correctly i had one hours sleep before the bus set off the next morning lol
Ps really enjoyed the London Supporters Burns Supper Cannae stop raving on about how good the Haggis was