PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday's highlights

h1bs4life
05-02-2017, 07:04 PM
Yesterday's highlights
https://.youtube.com/watch?v=DNDoEL3ClQs

At the game yesterday thought Fontaine let the Ayr player come to far with ball but the highlights 2 Ayr players overlapping with Stevenson caught out of position although he should have done better with his tackle. Laidlaw should have done better. The usual we have had to watch last 3 seasons loads of possession , chances not taken.The other team 1 chance and they score.
Hopefully the players / manager had eye on next week. As much as Lennon got team selection wrong the players who were picked should be good enough to beat Ayr.

hibbysam
05-02-2017, 07:12 PM
Yesterday's highlights
https://.youtube.com/watch?v=DNDoEL3ClQs

At the game yesterday thought Fontaine let the Ayr player come to far with ball but the highlights 2 Ayr players overlapping with Stevenson caught out of position although he should have done better with his tackle. Laidlaw should have done better. The usual we have had to watch last 3 seasons loads of possession , chances not taken.The other team 1 chance and they score.
Hopefully the players / manager had eye on next week. As much as Lennon got team selection wrong the players who were picked should be good enough to beat Ayr.

4 different mistakes, Lewis giving the ball away, daz turned his back, Fontaine dived in, then laidlaw has to save that. Very poor goal to concede.

cleanyman
05-02-2017, 07:20 PM
So poor

Stevenson shouldn't be giving the ball away in the first place

HappyAsHellas
05-02-2017, 07:32 PM
Laidlaw could have thrown his bunnet on that one and stopped it.

DaveF
05-02-2017, 08:40 PM
Well that goal looked 100 times worse than it did yesterday. Viewing that should give the whole team nightmares.

H18 SFR
05-02-2017, 08:41 PM
Laidlaw could have blown the ball away from goal - rotten attempt to save it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DNDoEL3ClQs

500miles
05-02-2017, 09:14 PM
I disagree with the criticism aimed at Laidlaw. There were so many bodies around the shot, he was struggling to anticipate the direction of the ball, reacted late and didn't get the necessary purchase on the ball as a result.

Stevenson got pulled out of position chasing his misplaced pass, and Fontaine was caught in two minds. The problems we have aren't at the back anyway, 17 attempts at goal, and only one in the net was the problem.

hibbysam
05-02-2017, 09:18 PM
I disagree with the criticism aimed at Laidlaw. There were so many bodies around the shot, he was struggling to anticipate the direction of the ball, reacted late and didn't get the necessary purchase on the ball as a result.

Stevenson got pulled out of position chasing his misplaced pass, and Fontaine was caught in two minds. The problems we have aren't at the back anyway, 17 attempts at goal, and only one in the net was the problem.

So many bodies? It went past Darren McGregor and that is it, he had full sight of it and it was so slow and only one yard away from him which is the perfect distance for a keeper. Fact is he reacted too slow and got absolutely no wrist strength on it. I'd be expecting my keeper to save that 100 times out of 100.

500miles
05-02-2017, 09:27 PM
So many bodies? It went past Darren McGregor and that is it, he had full sight of it and it was so slow and only one yard away from him which is the perfect distance for a keeper. Fact is he reacted too slow and got absolutely no wrist strength on it. I'd be expecting my keeper to save that 100 times out of 100.

I was referring to the Ayr player to Laidlaw's left, about to make a run across goal. He would've been offside, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a distraction.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-02-2017, 09:35 PM
Say what you like but at the end of the day Ayr were a shower of lucky *******s to come away with a point.

JimBHibees
05-02-2017, 09:38 PM
That goal we gave away was pub league, if we defend anything like that next week we will be horsed.

marinello59
05-02-2017, 09:38 PM
Say what you like but at the end of the day Ayr were a shower of lucky *******s to come away with a point.

:agree:

hibsboy69
05-02-2017, 09:39 PM

The bit in Red - WOW ! :confused:

I don't post very often, but I feel compelled to on this occasion. An amateur would have saved that shot (comfortably). :rolleyes:

lucky
06-02-2017, 05:24 AM
Players make mistakes but our defence has been solid this season but McGregor and Fonts were awful at the goal. I also think Laidlaw should have saved it, I think that's the first goal he's conceded that was his fault. But with 64% possession and 17 attempts at goal we should be winning

Hermit Crab
06-02-2017, 07:08 AM
Looks a lot worse on the highlights as it did on Saturday. Keeper has to do better and he'll know that, absolute howler.

SlickShoes
06-02-2017, 08:25 AM
As much as it was a howler of a goal to lose, the fact we could only score once in the next 86 minutes is a much more worrying issue.

high bee
06-02-2017, 11:33 AM

Agreed, this didn't look like many other games we have dominated but failed to create good opportunities due to a lack of penetration and end up with half chances at best.

This was a sustained assault on their goal where we were unlucky not to score more.

Liam978
06-02-2017, 01:13 PM
As much as it was a howler of a goal to lose, the fact we could only score once in the next 86 minutes is a much more worrying issue.

Not so much a worry as compared to how we start games, Lewis usually passes back to an unmarked Hibby, for which I usually "slag" him,sorry number 16 will keep my mouth shut in future GGTTH.

Tyler Durden
06-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Fyvie has put in 3 fantastic crosses there, shocking stuff that Shinnie and Boyle have failed to hit the target from any of them.

ancient hibee
06-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Hardly surprising when the players selected don't have as many goals between them as our number one goal scorer who for some strange reason is sitting on the bench for most of the game.

O'Rourke3
06-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Fyvie has put in 3 fantastic crosses there, shocking stuff that Shinnie and Boyle have failed to hit the target from any of them.

Boyle on stepladders wouldn't have got that - he is too short. Shinnie getting under the ball in the first half was the sitter.

Hi Heid Yin
06-02-2017, 07:44 PM
That made grim viewing. What a laboured performance by our boys. The chances created were more half-chances and again our domination of possession went unrewarded.
We were so pedestrian at times it really would be hard for a neutral to tell which team was top of the league.
Opposition managers will look to Ayr's performance and see how easy it is to grind out a result against Hibs - simply sit in and nick a goal, preferably early doors and then shut up shop.
Thank goodness we have Cummings to put the ball in the back of the net. His team mates have really let him and our club down down in this department and this collective failing in front of goals is a real concern, as it has been an issue right from the seasons start. Ultimately, despite amateur defending leading to Ayr's goal, it is our defence which is giving us the platform to remain marginally better than our main rivals, and I mean marginally better.
Despite what we might think about certain individual players, we regularly demonstrate a collective mental weakness and struggle big time to look convincing against bang-average at best sides such as Ayr. Lennon has spoken about this and stated that he does not trust our side to go on a long winning run.
Our boys need to accept that no team is going to simply surrender from the off and we collectively have to all be on our game at the same time to win games, and certainly to win them comfortably.
We have once again given the chasing pack hope when we should be filling them with despair and resignation.
This said, I still believe that we will clinch automatic promotion but not by the comfortable margin we had hoped for.

edwards
06-02-2017, 09:02 PM

This was my main concern and this is why I think Lennon will try and hurry the Commons loan on and get him for the rest of the season.

Tyler Durden
06-02-2017, 09:48 PM
Boyle on stepladders wouldn't have got that - he is too short. Shinnie getting under the ball in the first half was the sitter.

Thought he should've hit the target with the second opportunity, agree the first was pretty tough

Shinnies the easiest of the 3

Bishop Hibee
06-02-2017, 10:02 PM
McGregor as culpable as Fontaine and Laidlaw. Great ball in from Keatings for Cummings header.

Play like that on Sunday and we're in trouble. Hopefully the players will be up for the fight.

Nicho87
06-02-2017, 10:10 PM
We arent scoring enough goals plain and simple. 8 against Bonnyrigg is different circumstances. So annoyed we dropped points against a team we should be brushing aside. Giving united any sort of hope with 2 pts dropped at home totally unacceptable. We must start taking our chances.

H18 SFR
06-02-2017, 10:18 PM
McGregor as culpable as Fontaine and Laidlaw. Great ball in from Keatings for Cummings header.

Play like that on Sunday and we're in trouble. Hopefully the players will be up for the fight.

I hope we start the fight, too often Hearts kick and bully us out the game, lets hope we are the ones spoiling for a change.

They will throw everything and the kitchen sink at us on Sunday during the first 15-20 mins, hopefully we out battle them then look to grow into the game.

JimBHibees
07-02-2017, 11:02 AM
[/B][/I][/U]

I hope we start the fight, too often Hearts kick and bully us out the game, lets hope we are the ones spoiling for a change.

They will throw everything and the kitchen sink at us on Sunday during the first 15-20 mins, hopefully we out battle them then look to grow into the game.

I tend to think it might be a bit of role reversal on Sunday with Hearts trying to play more football with us trying to force them into mistakes. In many ways their poor pitch may actually help us a wee bit. Their Greek play maker is a decent player however needs to be tested physically. Would also be getting in and about Goncalves who IMO can be got at mentally and could react.