PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Signing

Arch Stanton
05-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Given that we now know that only being 6 points clear on the 6th Feb is as good a reason as any for making an emergency signing - surely it is now more a matter of who will it be? Stokes? Commons? Someone else?

Lennon is bound to be feeling as nervous as we are about how things are going and should have enough money available to get someone decent.

So, who wil it be?

1875Sean
05-02-2017, 03:05 PM
Emergency signings can only be from other Scottish teams so that would rule out stokes, must be a few out of contract players worth a look

erin go bragh
05-02-2017, 03:14 PM
Griffiths. Rodgers wants him fit . It's a win win situation.
Griffiths and Cummings would be some pairing.

MWHIBBIES
05-02-2017, 03:16 PM
Griffiths and Cummings would be some pairing.How is Celtic loaning Griffiths a win for them, I'm fairly sure they are capable of getting him fit without us. Never happening.

Arch Stanton
05-02-2017, 03:16 PM
Emergency signings can only be from other Scottish teams so that would rule out stokes, must be a few out of contract players worth a look

Didn't know that about other Scottish teams - so scrap Stokes!

It comes down to Commons then I guess. Or at least someone from Celtic - Henderson?

I am assuming out of contract players are out of contract for a reason, but not out of the question I suppose.

Bob1875
05-02-2017, 03:22 PM

It comes down to Commons then I guess. Or at least someone from Celtic - Henderson?

I am assuming out of contract players are out of contract for a reason, but not out of the question I suppose.

Henderson? Him who scored and played brilliant today for Celtic?

They probably won't give us him.

Arch Stanton
05-02-2017, 03:29 PM
Henderson? Him who scored and played brilliant today for Celtic?

They probably won't give us him.

Celtic were playing today? I hadn't realised. :greengrin

LH certainly looked good when he came on against Hearts. A bummer for us that he is coming on strong so soon. EPL player before too long you'd reckon.

Sir David Gray
05-02-2017, 03:31 PM

There's no chance of Liam Henderson signing for us any time soon.

Bob1875
05-02-2017, 03:35 PM
Celtic were playing today? I hadn't realised. :greengrin

LH certainly looked good when he came on against Hearts. A bummer for us that he is coming on strong so soon. EPL player before too long you'd reckon.

He's class, and he'll only get better playing with the quality he has around him at Celtic.

Hermit Crab
05-02-2017, 03:37 PM
We won't be making any emergency loan signing imo.

Ozyhibby
05-02-2017, 03:40 PM
We won't be making any emergency loan signing imo.

I agree. I think the club think we have enough to get the job done without spending any more cash. Hope they are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lago
05-02-2017, 03:42 PM
We had a whole transfer window to recruit players & didn't.

Turkish Green
05-02-2017, 03:45 PM
I was surprised when we got Commons, I thought teams could only sign goalkeepers on an emergency basis outside of the window.

if we need players then there must be free-agents out there.

Arch Stanton
05-02-2017, 03:47 PM
I agree. I think the club think we have enough to get the job done without spending any more cash. Hope they are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk#

Yea, but thinking we have enough and being certain we have enough are very different things.

Didn't he say that he wanted Commons but the time ran out?

I think he will sign him.

Sir David Gray
05-02-2017, 03:47 PM
I was surprised when we got Commons, I thought teams could only sign goalkeepers on an emergency basis outside of the window.

if we need players then there must be free-agents out there.

All Scottish teams outwith the Premiership can sign players from another Scottish club at any time, for a period of between 1-3 months.

They don't need to be free agents and it doesn't even need to be an "emergency".

Big L
05-02-2017, 04:27 PM
All Scottish teams outwith the Premiership can sign players from another Scottish club at any time, for a period of between 1-3 months.

They don't need to be free agents and it doesn't even need to be an "emergency".

I was under the impression that it had to be an emergency! Like getting Commons because we had 3 midfielders out. I didn't think you could just sign amother player outside the window.

Is It On....
05-02-2017, 04:33 PM
Griffiths and Cummings would be some pairing.

How good would that be..

SRHibs
05-02-2017, 04:33 PM
Jesus wept. Jambos reading in must be pishing themselves at our complete 180 over the past few days. Bunch of panic merchants on here man.

offshorehibby
05-02-2017, 04:41 PM
I was under the impression that it had to be an emergency! Like getting Commons because we had 3 midfielders out. I didn't think you could just sign amother player outside the window.

Yes you can, the 'emergency' bit is a bit of a red hearing. It's been hi-lighted on another thread that we can still sign somebody on loan from between 28 and 93 days.

Billy Whizz
05-02-2017, 04:43 PM
Yes you can, the 'emergency' bit is a bit of a red hearing. It's been hi-lighted on another thread that we can still sign somebody on loan from between 28 and 93 days.

Within Scotland only?

Hibbyradge
05-02-2017, 04:47 PM
This emergency load idea seems to have grown hibs.net arms and legs.

I doubt anything will happen at all.

Heisenberg
05-02-2017, 04:49 PM
The Sun article put out shortly after the window closed was a whole load of nothing. Literally just pointing out that we would be able to sign Commons again due to the loan rules. Can't see anything at all happening.

Sir David Gray
05-02-2017, 04:53 PM
Within Scotland only?

Yes emergency loans can only be done from another Scottish club.

greenlex
05-02-2017, 04:53 PM
I think Commons will be a Hibs player as soon as he's fit. In a week or so that would take the 90 day loan period nicely up to the final day of league business.

IlDiavola
05-02-2017, 05:00 PM
Commons - likely.

Griffiths - no chance unfortunately.

erin go bragh
05-02-2017, 05:01 PM
How is Celtic loaning Griffiths a win for them, I'm fairly sure they are capable of getting him fit without us. Never happening.

Because Griffiths gets match fit . Something he is not getting at Celtic .
Win win :)

Arch Stanton
05-02-2017, 05:02 PM

I just have a feeling we will sign Commons. You never know, I might be right just this very once!

I just don't think money will be an issue and I know Lennon must be a bit on edge just now. In fact, I'm dead sure from his demeanour during the Ayr game.

The Leith Dutch
05-02-2017, 05:18 PM
Given that we now know that only being 6 points clear on the 6th Feb is as good a reason as any for making an emergency signing - surely it is now more a matter of who will it be? Stokes? Commons? Someone else?

Lennon is bound to be feeling as nervous as we are about how things are going and should have enough money available to get someone decent.

So, who wil it be?

Sorry but I feel this is a total kneejerk reaction.

Yesterday was a bad result but I'd strongly suggest it was a combination of trying to field a weakened team to rest players for the derby, a bit of sloppy defending and some poor finishing. That and we were woeful in the first half. It's going to happen sometimes and I seriously doubt there is any *reasonable* target we could get that would remove that possibility.

A great many of our recent victories have been narrow ones where we either didn't have sloppy defending or were slightly more clinical in front of goal.

But over and above that an emergency loan is for when you'd struggle to field a viable team without going to kids.
That's why we got Commons - 3 first choice centre midfielders out - and even that was tenous.

Were I to be a supporter of another team I would be screaming blue murder if Hibs got an emergency loan of a midfielder or striker given that our only injury of note is a centre back.

Heisenberg
05-02-2017, 05:28 PM
But over and above that an emergency loan is for when you'd struggle to field a viable team without going to kids.
That's why we got Commons - 3 first choice centre midfielders out - and even that was tenous.

Were I to be a supporter of another team I would be screaming blue murder if Hibs got an emergency loan of a midfielder or striker given that our only injury of note is a centre back.

Not true. We got Commons because we met all the criteria to get an emergency loan deal. We still do now. Injuries have **** all to do with it. Other teams would take an emergency loan deal if they could and it would improve them, but the reality is the likes of Commons would only sign for one team in this division and that's Hibs.

RoxburghHibs
05-02-2017, 05:43 PM

Yesterday was a bad result but I'd strongly suggest it was a combination of trying to field a weakened team to rest players for the derby, a bit of sloppy defending and some poor finishing. That and we were woeful in the first half. It's going to happen sometimes and I seriously doubt there is any *reasonable* target we could get that would remove that possibility.

A great many of our recent victories have been narrow ones where we either didn't have sloppy defending or were slightly more clinical in front of goal.

But emergency loans are nothing to do with injuries. Basically all lower league clubs in Scotland can make one loan signing out with the window. Just a crap name for it.

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2017, 05:44 PM

If it does, then hopefully he's a keeper.

Frazerbob
05-02-2017, 05:49 PM
We had a whole transfer window to recruit players & didn't.

Yes we did.

Sir David Gray
05-02-2017, 05:50 PM

You do realise that all Championship teams have exactly the same right to sign a player under the emergency loan system as Hibs eh?

where'stheslope
05-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Listening to Brendan Rodgers on SKY after the game he was asked about Griffiths and he said Celtic are a Champions League Club and players who play for Celtic must adopt Champions League attitude or they will be shipped out!
It was as if he was saying, if Griffiths does not buck up his ideas he will be out????
So there could be a chance of a return?????

Sir David Gray
05-02-2017, 06:09 PM
Listening to Brendan Rodgers on SKY after the game he was asked about Griffiths and he said Celtic are a Champions League Club and players who play for Celtic must adopt Champions League attitude or they will be shipped out!
It was as if he was saying, if Griffiths does not buck up his ideas he will be out????
So there could be a chance of a return?????

I wouldn't have thought so.

There's a huge gap between where Celtic are and where we currently are.

If things don't work out for Griffiths at Celtic, I'm sure there's plenty of clubs in England who will take him.

where'stheslope
05-02-2017, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't have thought so.

There's a huge gap between where Celtic are and where we currently are.

If things don't work out for Griffiths at Celtic, I'm sure there's plenty of clubs in England who will take him.

I was meaning as a loanee!
After all Lennon was sitting only a few feet away from Rodgers when he said it.

jacomo
05-02-2017, 06:22 PM
He's class, and he'll only get better playing with the quality he has around him at Celtic.

LH seems very much the kind of player Rodgers likes - young and eager to work hard.

But competition for places at Celtc is intense and hopefully we can revisit this in the summer. Would love him back at ER.

Sir David Gray
05-02-2017, 06:23 PM
I was meaning as a loanee!
After all Lennon was sitting only a few feet away from Rodgers when he said it.

I don't even see us signing him on loan.

The Leith Dutch
05-02-2017, 07:59 PM
Not true. We got Commons because we met all the criteria to get an emergency loan deal. We still do now. Injuries have **** all to do with it. Other teams would take an emergency loan deal if they could and it would improve them, but the reality is the likes of Commons would only sign for one team in this division and that's Hibs.

Cheers for clearing that up.
Not sure where I got it from but I was convinced it was only green lighted if you had a genuine problem fielding a team or at least a position in the team.

Any idea what the actual criteria are?

Heisenberg
05-02-2017, 08:47 PM
Cheers for clearing that up.
Not sure where I got it from but I was convinced it was only green lighted if you had a genuine problem fielding a team or at least a position in the team.

Any idea what the actual criteria are?

The name of it is very misleading. It's a loan deal minimum of 28 days maximum of 93 I think. Only applies to Championship, League one and League Two. That's it. As long as you fit in with the above you can get a loan deal in after the window until the 31st of March.

Slavoj Zizek
05-02-2017, 11:48 PM
Where's the emergency? A poor draw against Ayr? Pish. Commons, Henderson [who is in the 1st team @ Celtic] and Stokes will not be joining us. Suck it up and support the team we have on the park.

lyonhibs
06-02-2017, 04:44 AM
If we genuinely need Commons in addition to the current squad to get us out of this division, with a 6 point lead in early Feb, then we should just give Lennon his jotters now.

We'll be fine though, unless Lennon has a Stubbs-esque losing streak up his sleeve.

The Leith Dutch
06-02-2017, 10:12 AM
You do realise that all Championship teams have exactly the same right to sign a player under the emergency loan system as Hibs eh?

Yes with the caveat that I'd understood the regulation on emergency loan signings incorrectly :)
I thought it was restricted based on being unable to field a team due to weight of injuries in a single position.

Under those rules I'd say teams had a right to object as we're not all out of fit strikers or midfielders and we'd have been abusing the system.

In my defence I think it's a pretty dumb rule if it isn't based on injury as it's clearly just an out of transfer window signing with a limited period.
I'd argue that if teams don't get their business done in the transfer window then they have to live with it.

As it is I was wrong :D

Borderhibbie76
06-02-2017, 11:22 AM
#

Yea, but thinking we have enough and being certain we have enough are very different things.

Didn't he say that he wanted Commons but the time ran out?

I think he will sign him.
Nope that was Stokes...Commons was never coming back imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

1875Sean
06-02-2017, 10:22 PM
If it does, then hopefully he's a keeper.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=1&land_id=193&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show#ath

This boy is free

Thecat23
06-02-2017, 10:42 PM
If we genuinely need Commons in addition to the current squad to get us out of this division, with a 6 point lead in early Feb, then we should just give Lennon his jotters now.

We'll be fine though, unless Lennon has a Stubbs-esque losing streak up his sleeve.

Nothing at all wrong with improving the squad though! You do realise important players can pick up injuries.

Heisenberg
07-02-2017, 06:34 AM
Morton have just signed a striker on an emergency loan. Booooo! :greengrin

lyonhibs
07-02-2017, 02:05 PM
Nothing at all wrong with improving the squad though! You do realise important players can pick up injuries.

That applies to all teams though, not just us. I'd obviously love us to get Commons back, but there seems to be a tone of desperation in a few posts, as if we need him back in order to get promoted.

If - as I suspect will now be the case - we don't get him back, the squad as it currently is, if + when properly motivated and managed, is more than strong enough to win this league comfortably from the position of strength we currently find ourselves in.

A Hi-Bee
07-02-2017, 02:09 PM
We should always be looking to improve no matter how we get them, quality is quality, some will work out and some we just have no chance of getting.

Trainor
07-02-2017, 02:27 PM

Good to know, is there a limit on how many per season though?