PDA

View Full Version : The diference...

Keith_M
05-02-2017, 12:49 PM
From the end of December, we had 4 League wins on the trot, including a thumping of our biggest rivals for the title and a win away to Falkirk.

A dire display at home to Ayr has people scratching their heads and wondering what has changed.

Could there be a simple answer to what the difference is... Kris Commons?

:dunno:

I realise he didn't play against QotS, but he seems to have been the key to the first three of those wins. I'm convinced a Hibs side with Commons would be almost guaranteed to win the Championship, but without him it's going to be a much bigger struggle.

Lago
05-02-2017, 12:52 PM
From the end of December, we had 4 League wins on the trot, including a thumping of our biggest rivals for the title and a win away to Falkirk.

A dire display at home to Ayr has people scratching their heads and wondering what has changed.

I realise he didn't play against QotS, but he seems to have been the key to the first three of those wins. I'm convinced a Hibs side with Commons would be almost guaranteed to win the Championship, but without him it's going to be a much bigger struggle.
According to many neither he or Stokes were really needed, squad was strong enough.

wookie70
05-02-2017, 12:54 PM
More likely to be not playing a recognised centre forward in the starting line up and Hanlon not playing

Heisenberg
He was the difference and is the reason we sit top. It's a shame it looks like he won't be back, his agent confirmed he'll be at Celtc till the end of the season.

howdenthehibby
With you on that , quality player that can create something out of nothing , whether scoring goals or assists .

BH Hibs
05-02-2017, 12:55 PM
By all accounts he's injured and wouldn't have played yesterday but there's no doubt I wish we could've got him back he's a class player. However we just have to go with what we've got.

mentalhibee
05-02-2017, 12:58 PM
We should be trying to get him back on an emergency loan again asap. Really disappointed we didn't make a signing with that bit extra quality in the atracking area.

PPZPOL
05-02-2017, 01:27 PM
I'm more concerned about the lack of signing a left sided CB if Hanlon is to be out for a wee while. If DMc gets injured I'll be starting to brick it! Both PH and DMc have been tremendous this season.

ancient hibee
05-02-2017, 02:50 PM
More likely to be not playing a recognised centre forward in the starting line up and Hanlon not playing
Correct.With three centres sitting on the bench.

California-Hibs
05-02-2017, 02:54 PM

No doubt in my mind! I will continue to shout to the roof-tops how good and important a player Kris Commons is. Stats don't lie.

houstonhibbee
05-02-2017, 03:22 PM
Perhaps it's no more than the fact we were playing a team trying not to lose as opposed to a team tryiing to compete.
The game against Dumbarton was similar.
Ayr United had a game plan and worked it very well, we should have been able to put out any line up against them with confidence.
They raised their game against us but we fought on for a deserved equaliser.
The Fact Ay United are where they are in the league shows you don't need a player with Kris Commons skill and ability to beat them.
A disappointing performance but we are still on our way up.

Roll on the next league game
we created a lot of chances second half yesterday. It just takes the right person in the right place to convert. KC has that football brain