PDA

View Full Version : Conditions Yesterday

Pretty Boy
05-02-2017, 11:32 AM
I've meant to mention this elsehwere but does anyone else think the weather yesterday may have played a part?

I sit in the FF upper and there was a really strong wind whipping through the stand. The corner flags were also flapping about at some speed. This isn't meant as an excuse for a poor performance but may go some way to explaining the number of misjudged headers both attacking and defending and also the number of overhit passes.

Jones28
05-02-2017, 11:33 AM
SDG heading it straight into the ground in the second half may have been because of this, it could be really gusty at times.

Scottie
05-02-2017, 11:37 AM
Suppose we can blame the weather on yesterday's result as on another thread some are blaming the ball boys. How about blaming the team for a poor result. :cb

Golden Bear
05-02-2017, 11:37 AM
I've meant to mention this elsehwere but does anyone else think the weather yesterday may have played a part?

I sit in the FF upper and there was a really strong wind whipping through the stand. The corner flags were also flapping about at some speed. This isn't meant as an excuse for a poor performance but may go some way to explaining the number of misjudged headers both attacking and defending and also the number of overhit passes.

Nah, doesn't detract from the fact that the wrong team was selected which then contrived to play very poorly.

Pretty Boy
05-02-2017, 11:39 AM
Suppose we can blame the weather on yesterday's result as on another thread some are blaming the ball boys. How about blaming the team for a poor result. :cb

I didn't 'blame the weather'. I asked if it could have played a part. I also clearly said it wasn't an excuse for a poor performance.

Do people even read posts they reply to or just get all angry and start bashing their keyboard.

Scottie
05-02-2017, 11:40 AM
I didn't 'blame the weather'. I asked if it could have played a part. I also clearly said it wasn't an excuse for a poor performance.

Do people even read posts they reply to or just get all angry and start bashing their keyboard.
Morning PB :fishin::fishin::fishin:

Tom Hart RIP
05-02-2017, 11:42 AM
After the game NL mentioned he was disappointed about the state of our pitch considering we hadn't played on it for a month. Said it was something he would be looking at.

Betty Boop
05-02-2017, 11:45 AM
After the game NL mentioned he was disappointed about the state of our pitch considering we hadn't played on it for a month. Said it was something he would be looking at.

Pity help us at Tynecastle the pitch is like a tattle gield

Real Emerald
05-02-2017, 11:46 AM

There was a hole in the East side touchline, Humphrey said he was looking into it! :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2017, 11:50 AM

Didn't think pitch yesterday looked great, however Tynie is like a sand pit in comparison

Hibernia&Alba
05-02-2017, 11:54 AM

And the size of a five-a-side pitch. Complete joke for a top flight pitch.

Lago
05-02-2017, 01:59 PM

NL criticised the state of the pitch bearing mind it hadn't been played on for sometime, he also said first half was awful truely awful.