PDA

View Full Version : Cummings/Holt - Cummings/Graham

green with envy
05-02-2017, 09:46 AM
Did anyone see the spat between Cummings and Graham late on yesterday? This is now two games running that Cummings has had verbals thrown at him on the pitch from one of his strike partners.

I'm wondering if there is a lack of harmony or just overexuberance as it's never happened at any other time in the season.

BoomtownHibees
05-02-2017, 09:53 AM
Did anyone see the spat between Cummings and Graham late on yesterday? This is now two games running that Cummings has had verbals thrown at him on the pitch from one of his strike partners.

I'm wondering if there is a lack of harmony or just overexuberance as it's never happened at any other time in the season.

Also noticed Graham seemed to throw a tantrum at half time after Holt was told he was going on.

Smartie
05-02-2017, 09:57 AM
If players don't get frustrated during a game like that, then there's something wrong with them.

A wee bit bit of passion and a disagreement, nothing more.

Pretty Boy
05-02-2017, 09:59 AM
Holt seems a bit hot headed at times but I always get the impression he and Cummings like each other. Both characters so a bit friction isn't a suprise.

I'd probably get frustrated if I was playing alongside Graham. He's scored a couple of goals but his overall play is poor.

H18 SFR
05-02-2017, 10:11 AM
Holt definitely lambasted Cummings at Palmerston last week. What I found bizarre was that he then turned to the area where I was sitting and appeared to make a face as if seeking approval. I hope he's not a knob. I know he wasn't popular in his younger days at Stenny.

BoomtownHibees
05-02-2017, 10:15 AM
Holt definitely lambasted Cummings at Palmerston last week. What I found bizarre was that he then turned to the area where I was sitting and appeared to make a face as if seeking approval. I hope he's not a knob. I know he wasn't popular in his younger days at Stenny.

Who was at Stenny?

Centre Hawf
05-02-2017, 11:25 AM
Graham and Holt aren't in form so they will naturally be frustrated. But I don't see why their moaning at someone who can actually put the ball in the net.

The Leith Dutch
05-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Graham and Holt aren't in form so they will naturally be frustrated. But I don't see why their moaning at someone who can actually put the ball in the net.

Cummings is an excellent goalscorer but he's very much an individual in his thinking the majority of the time.

Holt's game these days seems to be more of a foil to the type of player Cummings is and I'd imagine that the root of his issues are Cummings not being on the same wavelength enough.

I think our best upfront pairing is Cummings and Holt and I think when Cummings is thinking about what Holt might likely do it looks like we'll score.

FC Leige
05-02-2017, 11:35 AM
Graham has got a cheek throwing a tantrum about anything. His contribution since coming here has been practically nowt.

Smartie
05-02-2017, 11:56 AM

I wouldn't say Holt isn't in form.

He changed the game when he came on yesterday and played some defence splitting balls that our midfielders couldn't.

He is not in goalscoring form, which is a concern, but we should be able to get goals from elsewhere in the team.

hibbysam
05-02-2017, 12:00 PM

Grant Holt at Stenhousemuir??

Hibs90
05-02-2017, 12:01 PM
Graham has got a cheek throwing a tantrum about anything. His contribution since coming here has been practically nowt.

A bit harsh, hasn't had much time.

Ozyhibby
05-02-2017, 12:08 PM
I wouldn't say Holt isn't in form.

He changed the game when he came on yesterday and played some defence splitting balls that our midfielders couldn't.

He is not in goalscoring form, which is a concern, but we should be able to get goals from elsewhere in the team.

We should but we can't, therefor it would be handy if our no 9 could start scoring goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lago
05-02-2017, 12:48 PM
You sure you got the right Holt?

wookie70
05-02-2017, 01:02 PM

He has contributed 4 league goals in just over 5 games worth of game time in the league. He is our second best goals per minute played striker next to Cummings. He may not be a nuisance or upset defenders like Holt does, at least according to many, but he does a great job scoring goals. Maybe I am out of touch but scoring goals is the number one priority for a striker. He is probably pissed off because he has done little wrong and rarely gets any time on the park.

Vini1875
05-02-2017, 01:10 PM
I would play Graham before Holt, simply because he can score when presented with an opportunity.

Smartie
05-02-2017, 01:21 PM
I would play Graham before Holt, simply because he can score when presented with an opportunity.

I'd play Holt before Graham every day of the week because we create far more opportunities when he's on the park.

ShinyFantastic
05-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Brian Graham is an atrocious, waste of a wage, pathetic excuse for a footballer.

high bee
05-02-2017, 01:27 PM
I'd play Holt before Graham every day of the week because we create far more opportunities when he's on the park.

Much like the early part of the season I would start Holt and Cummings and if isn't a bit working I'd put Graham on early, even if it's at half time. If that still doesn't work I'd be putting on/moving Boyle upfront.

high bee
05-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Brian Graham is an atrocious, waste of a wage, pathetic excuse for a footballer.

Get off the fence. 😂

wookie70
05-02-2017, 01:31 PM
I'd play Holt before Graham every day of the week because we create far more opportunities when he's on the park. Do we, or is that your opinion. Graham has played so little football but I know we created at least 4 good chances in the 5 and a bit matches he has played because he scored them. I wouldn't like to say if we should start Graham and Holt with Jason. Holt, for me, has had a poor season. He has been ok but has been shocking in front of goal. Graham has done ok when he has got the chance, Excellent in terms of goals scored and not so good in general play. If I was Lennon I would decide what my best 11 is and play them. We are the best team in the league and should be able to pretty much set up to our strengths. I'm not sure Lennon knows what our best 11 is though as he swaps and changes pretty much every game.

Smartie
05-02-2017, 01:55 PM
Do we, or is that your opinion. Graham has played so little football but I know we created at least 4 good chances in the 5 and a bit matches he has played because he scored them. I wouldn't like to say if we should start Graham and Holt with Jason. Holt, for me, has had a poor season. He has been ok but has been shocking in front of goal. Graham has done ok when he has got the chance, Excellent in terms of goals scored and not so good in general play. If I was Lennon I would decide what my best 11 is and play them. We are the best team in the league and should be able to pretty much set up to our strengths. I'm not sure Lennon knows what our best 11 is though as he swaps and changes pretty much every game.

I don't know if we do but it is my opinion.

We have a strange mixture of strikers, all of whom have strengths but all of whom have weaknesses.

Cummings is a must-pick because he is the most-natural goalscorer we have. I think he needs a strike partner though and I don't think I'd pair him with someone else who isn't much of a player but who gets goals (that probably goes for Graham or Keatings). Boyle offers something different, I'd have him in the side every week but not playing up front.

If Holt could add goals to his game he'd probably be the first pick but he really doesn't look like he's ever going to score, therefore we've got to try to find the most effective combination out of what we've got.

I'd have signed another striker in the window if at all possible, even if on loan.

wookie70
05-02-2017, 02:07 PM
I don't know if we do but it is my opinion.

We have a strange mixture of strikers, all of whom have strengths but all of whom have weaknesses.

Cummings is a must-pick because he is the most-natural goalscorer we have. I think he needs a strike partner though and I don't think I'd pair him with someone else who isn't much of a player but who gets goals (that probably goes for Graham or Keatings). Boyle offers something different, I'd have him in the side every week but not playing up front.

If Holt could add goals to his game he'd probably be the first pick but he really doesn't look like he's ever going to score, therefore we've got to try to find the most effective combination out of what we've got.

I'd have signed another striker in the window if at all possible, even if on loan.

It's not my opinion we create more when Holt plays but I agree with pretty much everything else you say. I would have been desperately looking for a number 10 or striker in the window that could score goals and a centre half. Hopefully, it doesn't come back to haunt us.

H18 SFR
05-02-2017, 02:13 PM
Who was at Stenny?

Apologies, it was East Stirling my mate played for with him. I knew I'd watched I'm at Stenny's ground as they were ground sharing at the time ha ha.

H18 SFR
05-02-2017, 02:14 PM
Grant Holt at Stenhousemuir??

Edit - I meant East Stirling

we are hibs
05-02-2017, 02:30 PM

This. 1000%. Wage thief who offers absolutely nothing.

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2017, 02:35 PM
Edit - I meant East Stirling

Grant Holt? Are you sure.

wookie70
05-02-2017, 02:38 PM
This. 1000%. Wage thief who offers absolutely nothing.

And the most sarcastic forum name goes to. We are Hibs. You should change it to He's no Hibs or I'll decide who's Hibs

Apart from that how can he be a 1000% wage thief. Shocking post backing up another shocking post. There is a huge difference to not rating a player and saying he is a wage thief. Particularly when you are aiming your remarks at someone who has scored 4 goals in just over 5 games.

ancient hibee
05-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Apologies, it was East Stirling my mate played for with him. I knew I'd watched I'm at Stenny's ground as they were ground sharing at the time ha ha.

Don't think he's ever played up here.

1875M
05-02-2017, 02:48 PM
Don't think he's ever played up here.

Think he's referring to Graham, played for East Stirling in 08/09

southern hibby
05-02-2017, 02:53 PM

Here's a novel idea Holt/Graham up front and Cummings just behind them feeding off them.

GGTTH

ancient hibee
05-02-2017, 03:00 PM
Think he's referring to Graham, played for East Stirling in 08/09
Ah.

MWHIBBIES
05-02-2017, 03:07 PM
Brian Graham is an atrocious, waste of a wage, pathetic excuse for a footballer.Our players get more abuse from Hibs fans than they do from opposition fans. Madness. The guy works hard and has scored some important goals, absolutely no need for comments like this.

Captain Trips
05-02-2017, 03:49 PM
We should but we can't, therefor it would be handy if our no 9 could start scoring goals.

Thats it Ozy

I hear oh but so so does this or makes passes etc etc aye great but we need a lot more goals and especially in this league from our forwards, IMO its a piss poor return from some of these guys. I look at the CVs of some of our forwards and cannot believe one of them hasn't thrown down a marker in this division.

SChibs
05-02-2017, 05:09 PM
Our players get more abuse from Hibs fans than they do from opposition fans. Madness. The guy works hard and has scored some important goals, absolutely no need for comments like this.

Is agree. I don't think Graham is very good but I'll back him as long as he's wearing our green.

Ozyhibby
05-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Our players get more abuse from Hibs fans than they do from opposition fans. Madness. The guy works hard and has scored some important goals, absolutely no need for comments like this.

He's not getting abuse, we are just discussing his merits. That's what footy fans do.

Edit
Apologies, just seen the abuse Graham is getting. That's just stupid.

Broken Gnome
05-02-2017, 11:22 PM
'Wage thief' truly is the pishest phrase that gets a regular outing on here. Brings to mind that half the squad leave their house in the morning after telling porkies that they're off to training, then instead swan off to someone's free house for a cheeky spliff, a bottle of cheap cider and an afternoon of FIFA.

To play for Hibs with the limited ability he's got, he's probably the very opposite of one.

Ozyhibby
06-02-2017, 12:31 AM
'Wage thief' truly is the pishest phrase that gets a regular outing on here. Brings to mind that half the squad leave their house in the morning after telling porkies that they're off to training, then instead swan off to someone's free house for a cheeky spliff, a bottle of cheap cider and an afternoon of FIFA.

To play for Hibs with the limited ability he's got, he's probably the very opposite of one.

It's a very yam phrase.

JimBHibees
06-02-2017, 06:50 AM

Couldnt agree more the guy has barely played and when he has scored a few goals.

Walter
06-02-2017, 07:07 AM
It's a very yam phrase.

You could substitute the wage part for just about anything

Poppy thief
Rent thief
Car thief
Etc.

It would still come up smelling yam

The_Horde
06-02-2017, 07:38 AM

Nonsense. He'll score about 10 goals by the end of the season FACT.

The Leith Dutch
06-02-2017, 08:07 AM

4 goals in 492 minutes played.
123 minutes per goal (which is second best goals/minutes played in the division behind Cummings).
This from a guy who is probably our 5th choice striker behind Cummings, Boyle, Keatings and Holt.

Nobody on here is claiming that Graham is Ibrahimovic but the comment above is nonsense.

HappyHanlon
06-02-2017, 09:38 AM
Holt will roast the poppy robbers centre pairing.

FACT!

wookie70
06-02-2017, 10:05 AM
Holt will roast the poppy robbers centre pairing.

FACT!

Their Centre Half pairing must be a good deal worse than every one in the Championship because he, and our other strikers, haven't really roasted anyone but Bonnyrigg Rose. Holt failed to score in that game too.

Captain Trips
06-02-2017, 11:56 AM
The problem is not who has partnered Cummings but that nobody has stepped up when he hasn't been starting.

I don't want to see Cummings on the bench again this season unless fitness issues nobody else has put down a marker.

Unseen work
06-02-2017, 01:05 PM
We have a lot of strikers.

Unfortunatley only one can score.

We should of signed Dobbie, and I still don't understand why we didn't.

Diclonius
06-02-2017, 01:17 PM
When we signed Holt, the overriding feeling in here was that scoring goals would be secondary to his hold up and chance creation play. He's done fine in that regard.

I agree, we need to play him up front on Sunday as I have no doubt that Hearts' new-look centre back pairing will be very much old-school in kicking the **** out of our players.

SChibs
06-02-2017, 05:21 PM
The problem is not who has partnered Cummings but that nobody has stepped up when he hasn't been starting.

I don't want to see Cummings on the bench again this season unless fitness issues nobody else has put down a marker.

Keatings did for a bit then got Injured. Then Boyle came in and scored 5 in 4 or something like that but then went off form

Unseen work
06-02-2017, 05:23 PM
I'm personally not a fan of holt.

He does some very good hold up play/playing it out wide.

But he doesn't score enough and imo tries to show that he is a "hard man" too much and give away stupid fouls.

Wish he would just concentrate on playing.

Hi Heid Yin
06-02-2017, 08:18 PM
Nonsense. He'll score about 10 goals by the end of the season FACT.

All due respect: a fact can only be a fact after the event. It's merely an opinion at this point or a prediction.:wink: