PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Side

E10 Rifle
05-02-2017, 02:16 AM
Why do we even post (stuff) about 'them' on here? I couldn't give a monkey's if they won, lost , or ceased to exist. ***** em. :scarf:

cabbageandribs1875
05-02-2017, 02:18 AM
so lets start another thread about them :eek:

DH1875
05-02-2017, 02:56 AM
We all want to kid on and act civilized but truth be told, take away the tribalism and rivalry from football and you kill the game. Sure the rugby crowd will be along to disagree and that's fair enough but then, if its fair enough for them to disagree then its fair enough for me to disagree with them.

-UCK the Patsies by the way :wink::greengrin

Haymaker
05-02-2017, 05:12 AM
We all want to kid on and act civilized but truth be told, take away the tribalism and rivalry from football and you kill the game. Sure the rugby crowd will be along to disagree and that's fair enough but then, if its fair enough for them to disagree then its fair enough for me to disagree with them.

-UCK the Patsies by the way :wink::greengrin

Now now, I refer you to my avatar.

Waxy
05-02-2017, 09:18 AM
Why do we even post (stuff) about 'them' on here? I couldn't give a monkey's if they won, lost , or ceased to exist. ***** em. :scarf:

Because its the best and oldest rivalry in Scottish football i guess.

Pretty Boy
05-02-2017, 09:23 AM
Football rivals like to talk about each other, get one over on each other and slag each other.

As said above if you removed that you'd remove something from the game. I can't imagine anything worse than sitting with opposing fans politely applauding when they score and 'having a great time win or lose'.

JK Rolling
05-02-2017, 10:49 AM
Football rivals like to talk about each other, get one over on each other and slag each other.

As said above if you removed that you'd remove something from the game. I can't imagine anything worse than sitting with opposing fans politely applauding when they score and 'having a great time win or lose'.

I have as many mates who support them as I do who are Hibs fans and when we're together the banter, especially recently, is always excellent. As there is no bigotry type bile involved with us then it's simply down to who has the best team/stadium/management/achievements type chat and in a weird way I would say that my support of my club is the equivalent of my religion. I don't mean to offend anyone who is religious but I am a non-believer and basically channel the time I would spend worshipping a God on supporting Hibs. A lot of my Yam mates are no different and as such we are all very passionate about our respective clubs and will readily pass comments on each others clubs. Most of the comments are disparaging but some, very rarely, are complimentary.

I do like to know what they are up to because they are our Joneses and we are theirs as most seasons are judged on where we are in relation to them.

Love the rivalry, love the banter, hate them as a team with passion.

The Green Goblin
05-02-2017, 10:51 AM

I kind of agree, but haven't you just done what you are criticising and posted stuff about them with this thread?

Bostonhibby
05-02-2017, 11:05 AM
I don't want them to succeed in their attempts to airbrush out the financial doping years. We owe it to the many victims, especially the charities.

son of haggart
05-02-2017, 11:16 AM
I have as many mates who support them as I do who are Hibs fans and when we're together the banter, especially recently, is always excellent. As there is no bigotry type bile involved with us then it's simply down to who has the best team/stadium/management/achievements type chat and in a weird way I would say that my support of my club is the equivalent of my religion. I don't mean to offend anyone who is religious but I am a non-believer and basically channel the time I would spend worshipping a God on supporting Hibs. A lot of my Yam mates are no different and as such we are all very passionate about our respective clubs and will readily pass comments on each others clubs. Most of the comments are disparaging but some, very rarely, are complimentary.

I do like to know what they are up to because they are our Joneses and we are theirs as most seasons are judged on where we are in relation to them.

Love the rivalry, love the banter, hate them as a team with passion.

Well put, and I agree with you whole-Heartedly

FC Leige
05-02-2017, 12:11 PM
Why do we even post (stuff) about 'them' on here? I couldn't give a monkey's if they won, lost , or ceased to exist. ***** em. :scarf: I give a monkeys about them. I want to here about their defeats, injuries and just general misfortune.

Hibernia&Alba
05-02-2017, 12:18 PM
A good, healthy rivalry and the banter it brings is good for everyone. Just as long as it stays within the realms of sanity and isn't dominated by nutters.

High-On-Hibs
05-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Because they are our city rivals. A rivalry that's about the only good thing about Scottish football these days. As much as I hate them, it would be absolutely pish without them.

FilipinoHibs
05-02-2017, 01:35 PM
I don't want them to succeed in their attempts to airbrush out the financial doping years. We owe it to the many victims, especially the charities.

And people of Lithuania shafted for £70 mill.

NAE NOOKIE
05-02-2017, 02:17 PM
The Yams probably obsess more about us than we do about them .... look on Sickbag any day of the week and you will find a thread about Hibs ... even if the thread isn't about Hibs, like their new stand thread if you put its pages through a device that identified the most commonly used words on it you will find Hibs, Easter Road, Hobos, Vermin ....... and Greenginger :greengrin

The stadium thing is classic Hibs v Hearts ...... in fact classic football rivalry banter anywhere:

We think their hole, new stand or not, is a crumbling cheap looking depressing pit that you would go to top yourself and we laugh our ***** off at its cheap option single deck new stand with its facilities facing the wrong way, not to mention its postage stamp pitch . They think its the worlds most iconic stadium and make out that ER's stands are 10 miles from the pitch, even though in reality they aren't much different from 90% of 'normal' football stadiums.

The truth is that compared to the rest of Scottish football outside of Glasgow Edinburgh has ( or will have ) the two best stadiums in the country by a distance .... and we both know it. Aberdeen might build a new one, but miles from their traditional heartland which will diminish it, like it or not.

As another poster said, its this to and fro mud slinging that makes the football world go round and it will be a sad day if its ever lost to the game, so the more the merrier I say :aok:

Oh and .................... FTHOM :yw: