PDA

View Full Version : Our forwards

Captain Trips
04-02-2017, 11:41 PM
Not interested in what Holt brings to the play, what Keatings brings or Graham or even Boyle

All of them need to bring goals to their play pure and simple making space or flick ons for others isn't good enough anymore.

Whatever one of you is playing up there get the ball in the net please.

Liberal Hibby
05-02-2017, 01:50 AM
No that's not how it works.

kaimendhibs
05-02-2017, 01:53 AM
Our goals to games ratio is dire

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Liberal Hibby
05-02-2017, 02:21 AM
Our goals to games ratio is dire

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's better than anyone else in the division.

eastcoasthibby
05-02-2017, 06:51 AM
The amount of goals to chances ratio for our forwards is a joke I would bet that any other main forwards in any of the teams in this league would score more goals if they were playing in our team (with exception if Cummings, but even he misses a he'll of a lot of chances) ...what the hell is wrong with them ? Watch them in the warm up they hardly score ..Holt is the worst by a mile !!

BoomtownHibees
05-02-2017, 06:54 AM
The amount of goals to chances ratio for our forwards is a joke I would bet that any other main forwards in any of the teams in this league would score more goals if they were playing in our team (with exception if Cummings, but even he misses a he'll of a lot of chances) ...what the hell is wrong with them ? Watch them in the warm up they hardly score ..Holt is the worst by a mile !!

I would take that bet

Captain Trips
05-02-2017, 09:56 AM
No that's not how it works.

Well its how it works for me, yeah maybe if in SPL but in this league our forwards mentioned goal tally is a disgrace.

jacomo
05-02-2017, 07:58 PM
Calls to mind that Shankly quote:

'If you are in the box with the ball and unsure what to do, stick it in the net and we'll discuss your other options later.'

I get there's more to being a striker than scoring goals, but I wish they would score more goals!

lord bunberry
05-02-2017, 09:58 PM
Not interested in what Holt brings to the play, what Keatings brings or Graham or even Boyle

All of them need to bring goals to their play pure and simple making space or flick ons for others isn't good enough anymore.

Whatever one of you is playing up there get the ball in the net please.
I agree it shocking the amount of goals our strikers have scored apart from Cummings. If Cummings doesn't score we struggle and in the case of yesterday if he isn't picked to start we struggle even more.
I keep hearing about how well Holt does, but he still doesn't set up that many goals. Graham isn't good enough and Keatings and Boyle haven't exactly been prolific either. I would love to see the young guy from the development team get a run out at some point.