PDA

View Full Version : Hanlon

Baader
04-02-2017, 11:32 PM
Think he is the most underrated player at ER. Seems to have been around for ages, in his prime now and I regard him as a classy defender. His positional sense is very good and with McGregor alongside him his game has come on - they compliment each other very well. Best central defensive partnership I can recall in a very long time.

Big loss and I wish he were available for the derby.

Heisenberg
04-02-2017, 11:35 PM
A much better player than Fontaine/Forster. Hope he's back soon.

JK Rolling
04-02-2017, 11:38 PM
Think he is the most underrated player at ER. Seems to have been around for ages, in his prime now and I regard him as a classy defender. His positional sense is very good and with McGregor alongside him his game has come on - they compliment each other very well. Best central defensive partnership I can recall in a very long time.

Ditto.

AgentDaleCooper
04-02-2017, 11:55 PM
as brilliant a player mcgreggor is for us, i think hanlon has something about him that steadies whoever he's playing with, and is our most important defender.

silverhibee
05-02-2017, 12:20 AM
How long is he out for ?

Tom Hart RIP
05-02-2017, 07:34 AM
Saw big Jordon in the West Upper yesterday. Not certain but I thought he was limping. I assume he'd be on the bench if fit? Any knowledge?

HFCdeb
05-02-2017, 09:35 AM
Agree. Our defence doesn't look half as solid as it does with him in it.

3pm
05-02-2017, 12:16 PM
Any chance of him being available next week?

Keyser Sauzee
05-02-2017, 12:27 PM
Does anyone else think the club might try and speed his recovery up after yesterday's game?

Seveno
05-02-2017, 07:30 PM
My views for the derby cup tie is - with Hanlon we win, without him we lose.

FC Leige
05-02-2017, 07:36 PM
I remember we used to criticise Hanlon for being too soft but compared to bombscare Fontaine he looks like Franco Baressi
With a pelvic injury im not expecting him back anytime soon

Super_JMcGinn
05-02-2017, 07:37 PM
My views for the derby cup tie is - with Hanlon we win, without him we lose.

Just as well your view means diddly squat when it comes to the actual game :greengrin

Seveno
05-02-2017, 07:40 PM
Just as well your view means diddly squat when it comes to the actual game :greengrin

It's merely my view of how much I rate Paul Hanlon and his value to the team. This forum exists to allow fans to express their views.

JimBHibees
05-02-2017, 07:51 PM
Any chance of him being available next week?

Wondering that myself maybe he could play if he is waiting on an op.

oldbutdim
05-02-2017, 07:54 PM
He's had the op and expects to be out for one more week.

JimBHibees
05-02-2017, 07:54 PM
I remember we used to criticise Hanlon for being too soft but compared to bombscare Fontainee he looks like Franco Baressi

what is this bombscare jumk?

Aldo
05-02-2017, 07:56 PM
How long is he out for ?

Too long IMHO Silver!

Hoping we might see him next week!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo
05-02-2017, 07:58 PM
I remember we used to criticise Hanlon for being too soft but compared to bombscare Fontaine he looks like Franco Baressi

I don't see Fontaine like that. He's far from a bombscare. Yeah his distribution maybe suspect but he can defend!

I rate him and I honestly think being in this division can be harder than the premier league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
05-02-2017, 07:59 PM
With a pelvic injury im not expecting him back anytime soonWhen did Fonts become a bombscare? Assume it was recently because he was very good in wins against Dumbarton and QoTS.

superfurryhibby
05-02-2017, 08:00 PM
what is this bombscare jumk?

Agreed.

Hanlon is a big miss, no doubt. He is a class act.

Fontaine is a good man to replace him. He has played hia part this season and the defensive stats speak for themselves.

FC Leige
05-02-2017, 08:03 PM
When did Fonts become a bombscare? Assume it was recently because he was very good in wins against Dumbarton and QoTS.
Fontaine scares me, he has become a liability. For a centre half, he simply cannae heed a ball and his defending is piss poor. Nice touches on occasion though but on the whole not good enough.

JimBHibees
05-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Agreed.

Hanlon is a big miss, no doubt. He is a class act.

Fontaine is a good man to replace him. He has played hia part this season and the defensive stats speak for themselves.

Agree a good player and very good servant to our club.

jacomo
05-02-2017, 08:04 PM

PH used to get loads of criticism but only the most stubborn could underrate him now surely? Him + DM is a great partnership.

JimBHibees
05-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Fontaine scares me, he has become a liability. For a centre half, he simply cannae heed a ball and his defending is piss poor. Nice touches on occasion though but on the whole not good enough.

Since when he has played well for the club including the cup final.

neil7908
05-02-2017, 08:09 PM

Really? His distribution is poor but I could say the same about any other defender at the club, and most defenders playing in Scotland. He didn't exactly cover himself in glory for Ayr's goal but he is more than competent at this level. Hanlon is the more accomplished player but we're lucky to have an experienced back up like Fonts.

MWHIBBIES
05-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Fontaine scares me, he has become a liability. For a centre half, he simply cannae heed a ball and his defending is piss poor. Nice touches on occasion though but on the whole not good enough.When did this happen? As I said he was brilliant in 2 big away wins recently.

Fonts can defend just fine, he passes the ball well and has a really good first touch. No chance we get a better 3rd choice in this league.

greenlex
05-02-2017, 08:12 PM
When did this happen? As I said he was brilliant in 2 big away wins recently.

Fonts can defend just fine, he passes the ball well and has a really good first touch. No chance we get a better 3rd choice in this league.

He only lacks pace but that's not unusual for a CB. Especially a Hibs one.

1van Sprou7e
05-02-2017, 08:14 PM
Hanlon extending his contract was the best signing we made last summer

Brooster
05-02-2017, 08:16 PM
Paul will miss the derby. Jordan picked up a dead leg in training but will be fit for the derby.

greenlex
05-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Paul will miss the derby. Jordan picked up a dead leg in training but will be fit for the derby. Cheers
Brooster. I thought it bizarre Jordan not being nice the bench.

Lago
05-02-2017, 09:30 PM

Opinions eh, we all have them & some even make sense.

CMurdoch
06-02-2017, 12:51 AM
Really? His distribution is poor but I could say the same about any other defender at the club, and most defenders playing in Scotland. He didn't exactly cover himself in glory for Ayr's goal but he is more than competent at this level. Hanlon is the more accomplished player but we're lucky to have an experienced back up like Fonts.

There were 2 mistakes for the Ayr goal and none was made by Fonts.
Go and look at it again, pausing over and over as the move develops.
Mistake by Stevenson which he compounds by not getting back to his full back position and the fatal blow by Laidlaw who inexplicably fails to stop a powder puff shot which Virtanen would have saved.

Humo
06-02-2017, 12:56 AM
I've said it once and I'll say it again if Hanlon wasn't injured we wouldn't of gotten relegated.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RIP Bestie
06-02-2017, 02:38 AM

I'm not a huge fan of Hanlon but you are spot on. He has obviously been working on this, he looks stronger and he has been more imposing and looked like he was at last looking like a presence at the back.

JimBHibees
06-02-2017, 07:02 AM
There were 2 mistakes for the Ayr goal and none was made by Fonts.
Go and look at it again, pausing over and over as the move develops.
Mistake by Stevenson which he compounds by not getting back to his full back position and the fatal blow by Laidlaw who inexplicably fails to stop a powder puff shot which Virtanen would have saved.

Should have pressed the man for the ball, then goes to ground in the box, both poor however Darren M didnt cover himself n glory either, diving in. Some credit to the Ayr player really good run with the ball

The_Horde
06-02-2017, 08:44 AM
I've said it once and I'll say it again if Hanlon wasn't injured we wouldn't of gotten relegated.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bob on.

Borderhibbie76
06-02-2017, 11:25 AM
Funnily enough he was a rock away to both Dumbarton and QOS..u must have missed those games?? He like many others had a bad day at the office on Sat

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

offshorehibby
12-02-2017, 06:35 PM
How's his progress going any likelihood of him making the replay.

Enough said
12-02-2017, 06:39 PM
How's his progress going any likelihood of him making the replay.

Paul will be fit for reply. Club are expecting him fit for development game this week. Hence the reason he was out with first team today

Smartie
12-02-2017, 06:42 PM
If he's ready then that would be a massive bonus but I was impressed with the 3 CH's who played today.

I don't know if I'd be rushing Hanlon back but if he's ready then that is great.

The absence of Hanlon was my main anxiety going into the game today but we coped very well without him.

Baader
12-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Forster done very well I thought, pity he had to go off. Thought Fontaine had a good game when he came on though.

Leith's finest
12-02-2017, 06:50 PM
Paul will be fit for reply. Club are expecting him fit for development game this week. Hence the reason he was out with first team today

50/50 from what i hear

Brooster
12-02-2017, 06:52 PM

Paul didnt train with the 1st team yesterday. He trained at the same time but not with them.

Enough said
12-02-2017, 06:54 PM
Paul didnt train with the 1st team yesterday. He trained at the same time but not with them.

Never said he trained with first team yesterday . First team didn't train yesterday they went over set plays

KingFranck
12-02-2017, 06:59 PM
Hanlon was doing the warm up with the team today so looks like he isn't far away from a return

Vault Boy
12-02-2017, 07:16 PM
I too hope we don't rush Paul back (and I'm certain the management wouldn't do that). An excellent player, far more important to have him fit for the rest of the season than for the replay. Would be a great bonus if he made it comfortably though, the best ball player we have back there.

edwards
12-02-2017, 07:26 PM
I am a fan of Fontaine and feel Liam and Mcgregor have brought Hanlon on so they have all helped each other. Liam had a good game when he came on today and defended well. Hop Hanlon is not far away and will be back soon.
We have a good pool of players in defence and in midfield yes it may need tweeked eventually but I feel they all play an important role in the team. Forster has had his fair share of injuries and dont think he will be out to long as our physio's have done an excellent job in getting the players back.