PDA

View Full Version : no need to panic

steelendhibs
04-02-2017, 10:37 PM
Still in the same position we were in before queen of the south away with another two league fixtures ticked off on the way to hopefully winning the league. Obviously not a great result today, but QOS result today shows what a good win last week was in Dumfries. We are effectively 7 points clear with the goal difference we have. Still confident

brianmc
04-02-2017, 10:51 PM
Don't think the result today is what's upsetting most folks. It's the absolutely pitiful, embarrassing PERFORMANCE against a mediocre outfit that's cheesed most people off.
FFS, Paul Cairney beat our 'lightning quick winger' in a sprint.
The only thing guaranteed to annoy fans more(than the actual game) after watching that abject dross today is posts like your OP.

JohnM1875
04-02-2017, 10:56 PM
Don't think the result today is what's upsetting most folks. It's the absolutely pitiful, embarrassing PERFORMANCE against a mediocre outfit that's cheesed most people off.
The only thing guaranteed to annoy fans more(than the actual game) after watching that abject dross today is posts like your OP.

Totally agree. Not complaining because the draw means we're only 6 points clear now. I still think we'll win the league come May and I'm not too worried about that at all.

The only reason I was complaining tonight was the first half performance! Don't actually think we were bad second half. But that first 45 minutes was inexcusable regardless of league position

I watched Morton stick 4 past Ayr last weekend so was quietly confident we'd win comfortably today!

keep the faith
04-02-2017, 11:58 PM

No. I think most sensible supporters understand and appreciate the OP. We were not great today but it wasn't pitiful or embarrassing. They parked the bus and again we struggled to find a way round that. Much better when holt and Cummings were on and we need to start taking on and going past players rather than always going wide then trying to find gray at the back post.
Top of the league. We will play much better next week against a team which will try to score against us. We move on.
KTF.

brianmc
05-02-2017, 12:01 AM
No. I think most sensible supporters understand and appreciate the OP. We were not great today but it wasn't pitiful or embarrassing. They parked the bus and again we struggled to find a way round that. Much better when holt and Cummings were on and we need to start taking on and going past players rather than always going wide then trying to find gray at the back post.
Top of the league. We will play much better next week against a team which will try to score against us. We move on.
KTF.

If you don't think today's display was pitiful then I'm afraid your standards are way below mine.

JohnM1875
05-02-2017, 12:04 AM
If you don't think today's display was pitiful then I'm afraid your standards are way below mine.

Totally agree. You'd maybe excuse the first half performance of it was a pre-season friendly. But during a league game in February? I was genuinely shocked at how poor we looked. And I've seen some gash performances.

Sir David Gray
05-02-2017, 12:08 AM
KTF.

Failure to beat Ayr Utd at home should always be considered embarrassing to any Hibs fan.

You could argue that there were mitigating circumstances for the defeat to them earlier in the season but yesterday's result/performance was inexcusable.

21sMay
05-02-2017, 12:22 AM
As mad as it may sound , Humphrey and Boyle would start for me next week , the only changes I'd make is shinnie and keatings out, Bartley and jase in

Lex7zero
05-02-2017, 12:45 AM
As mad as it may sound , Humphrey and Boyle would start for me next week , the only changes I'd make is shinnie and keatings out, Bartley and jase in
Sorry but you obviously don't have a clue. Humphreys was shown up big time today as a player without any confidence and should have been hooked after 30 mins. Boyle tries hard but didn't make any positive moves today. Against a very good Hertz side neither will make a dent at Tynecastle. Lennon cocked up big time today but he saw it and won't make the same mistake at Tynecastle. So I would be astonished if either Boyle or Humphreys start against Hertz. Willing to take a bet on on it if you want.

houstonhibbee
05-02-2017, 12:54 AM
Sorry but you obviously don't have a clue. Humphreys was shown up big time today as a player without any confidence and should have been hooked after 30 mins. Boyle tries hard but didn't make any positive moves today. Against a very good Hertz side neither will make a dent at Tynecastle. Lennon cocked up big time today but he saw it and won't make the same mistake at Tynecastle. So I would be astonished if either Boyle or Humphreys start against Hertz. Willing to take a bet on on it if you want.

Boyle wasn't great by any stretch however he was beginning to look threatening and I wouldn't have taken him off to replace him with a second center forward

Lex7zero
05-02-2017, 12:59 AM
Still in the same position we were in before queen of the south away with another two league fixtures ticked off on the way to hopefully winning the league. Obviously not a great result today, but QOS result today shows what a good win last week was in Dumfries. We are effectively 7 points clear with the goal difference we have. Still confident

Admire your confidence but we are again watching a Hibs team with no bottle that is well capable of pulling us in to a promotion scrap with Dudee Utd. We have also showed we are still soft and if we end up in a play off scenario then we all know Hibs will yet again bottle it.

Today was a wake up call but I don't trust this team to hear it. Neil Lennon has already said he is afraid to shout at half these players as they are afraid of him. Sums it up up for me we need some men in as too many softies still.

hertz have made several great signings unfortunately and I fear for next Sunday.

northstandhibby
05-02-2017, 01:07 AM
Admire your confidence but we are again watching a Hibs team with no bottle that is well capable of pulling us in to a promotion scrap with Dudee Utd. We have also showed we are still soft and if we end up in a play off scenario then we all know Hibs will yet again bottle it.

Today was a wake up call but I don't trust this team to hear it. Neil Lennon has already said he is afraid to shout at half these players as they are afraid of him. Sums it up up for me we need some men in as too many softies still.

hertz have made several great signings unfortunately and I fear for next Sunday.

I refuse to believe a real hibs fan would write such nonsense.

glory glory

Lex7zero
05-02-2017, 01:14 AM
Boyle wasn't great by any stretch however he was beginning to look threatening and I wouldn't have taken him off to replace him with a second center forward
Wouldn't argue with that Houston just saying that neither Boyle or Humphreys would kick a ball next week at Tynecastle and Lennon is surely smart enough to realise that.

houstonhibbee
05-02-2017, 01:19 AM

glory glory
just because he sees things differently from you is no reason to accuse him of not being a real hibs fan when he clearly is. That's uncalled for.

Everything is not black and white - just shades of grey.

On the positive side we are top of the league by a reasonable margin with some good players and occasionally good performances

On the negative side we still lack consistency and have had more very poor performances than good ones.

No one knows how it will all end up yet this season. A win today would have gone a long way to winning the league, a draw not the end of the world but as has been said it was a very poor performance that causes the grave concern.

If we play like that next week (we won't) and Hearts play like they did v Rangers (they will) then we would get horsed. Any reasonable person would have to say though that Hearts are favorites now by a large margin.

Mikey09
05-02-2017, 01:24 AM

Its Humphrey. :greengrin

silverhibee
05-02-2017, 01:28 AM

:hmmm:

northstandhibby
05-02-2017, 01:31 AM
just because he sees things differently from you is no reason to accuse him of not being a real hibs fan when he clearly is. That's uncalled for.

Everything is not black and white - just shades of grey.

On the positive side we are top of the league by a reasonable margin with some good players and occasionally good performances

On the negative side we still lack consistency and have had more very poor performances than good ones.

No one knows how it will all end up yet this season. A win today would have gone a long way to winning the league, a draw not the end of the world but as has been said it was a very poor performance that causes the grave concern.

If we play like that next week (we won't) and Hearts play like they did v Rangers (they will) then we would get horsed. Any reasonable person would have to say though that Hearts are favorites now by a large margin.

Please get your facts right. I didn't accuse him of not being a real hibs fan.

I refused to believe what was written of was compiled by a real hibs fan

To refer to Hibs as being 'bottlers' is a term normally used by a Yam.

The huns were murder against the Yams and they needed a soft sending off to win against mwell.

Whats going on here exactly?

glory glory

Lex7zero
05-02-2017, 01:31 AM

glory glory
Aye you are obviously a lot younger than me so I will take your comments with a pinch of a salt. Just because I see the weaknesses of our current side and am not afraid to comment on them does not make me a poor supporter. I am Hibs through and through just really disappointed that we continue to leak soft points. A weakness we have had for years and unfortunately continues. One that I deeply hope will not lead to a 4th season in the championship.

northstandhibby
05-02-2017, 01:38 AM
Aye you are obviously a lot younger than me so I will take your comments with a pinch of a salt. Just because I see the weaknesses of our current side and am not afraid to comment on them does not make me a poor supporter. I am Hibs through and through just really disappointed that we continue to leak soft points. A weakness we have had for years and unfortunately continues. One that I deeply hope will not lead to a 4th season in the championship.

You think I began supporting this great club last week or something? Your attitude stinks. A defeatist and patronising dearie me. Unfortunately I have come across your type many times who instead of cheering the club on would rather concentrate on the negatives.

Get a grip man.

glory glory

houstonhibbee
05-02-2017, 02:10 AM
You think I began supporting this great club last week or something? Your attitude stinks. A defeatist and patronising dearie me. Unfortunately I have come across your type many times who instead of cheering the club on would rather concentrate on the negatives.

Get a grip man.

glory glory
totally out of order there

GreenNWhiteArmy
05-02-2017, 08:48 AM

Where exactly have we shown we have "no bottle"? Dundee Utd at our last home game prior to yesterday shows we have "bottle"

Who exactly are the "great signings hertz have made"?

Why can't you get the name right of one of our own players?

This reminds me of my mate actually. Never went to a single game last year but after any point dropped he'd be on social media calling the club everything under the sun. Lo and behold though he managed to get a ticket to the cup final and we were the greatest team in the world for a couple of months after that. But again this season without attending we're back to being "*****"

I'm not in anyway saying you do likewise but is there any need for such an over reaction? The first half was shocking, we were terrible but after the run we've been on, it was bound to happen.

Too much pressure because of the game next week. I'm actually gutted we drew them in the cup. This is absolutely the last thing we needed this season was a derby - I wanted a crack at Celtic.

Time to regroup ahead of the game next week but I maintain that the game at Raith the week after, plus the league games following that are much more important. Hearts are an irrelevance to me this season.

SChibs
05-02-2017, 09:46 AM

Get a grip man.

glory glory

There's a lot of negativity at Easter road these days. At times I really don't like sitting in the stands at Easter road cause of the constant moaning and abuse thrown at our own players.

You'd think Stevenson crosses it badly on purpose, the guy knows he's put in a bad cross there's no point in screaming it at him. What do people think that is going to achieve?

Maybe some positive support for once would be good for the team, and none of this I'll be positive when the team is doing well cause that's not what SUPPORTING a team is all about.

neil7908
05-02-2017, 09:57 AM
I was struggling to find someone to go with yesterday so offered to buy my eventual attendees ticket - cost me £44 to watch that game. I can accept us drawing and losing games (I was at the last home game against Ayr when the refs mistake completely turned the game) but we were just so poor, especially in the first half.

We have no God given right to win this league or beat the likes of Ayr but I'm annoyed as we looked so disjointed - like the players had just met each other.

With the derby coming up we'll need to be much, much better to have a chance at Tynecastle.

Pretty Boy
05-02-2017, 10:06 AM
I'm not in a panic but I can't take many positives from yesterday. It was absolutely dire in almost every way.

I don't think it's a stretch to say we have had more poor performances this season than good ones. In saying that if this 'style' gets us up it will have been effective.

MWHIBBIES
05-02-2017, 10:15 AM

hertz have made several great signings unfortunately and I fear for next Sunday.So we have to win every game or we have no bottle? Sure showed some bottle the last few weeks as we won huge games to go 8 clear.

Lennon didn't say that and this team is far from soft. Pathetic post tbh.

Jones28
05-02-2017, 10:23 AM

We've squeezed some really good results out of games that last season we'd have lost, queens and Falkirk especially.

If we hadn't conceded an early goal we'd have won yesterday, simple as that because in the second half we pummelled them.

Lennon should've made wholesale changes at half time but bringing Holt on added something we desperately needed so does he not get credit for identifying that and doing something about it?

Turkish Green
05-02-2017, 10:48 AM
I will assume that the players had next weekend on their minds and there is nothing in the league to panic about yet. There are no huns or yams this season to upset the applecart.

However, while I was happy for Hibs to win the cup at the expense of promotion last season, this season it has to be promotion. Automatic promotion, not having to enter the lottery of the biased play-offs.

Lest we forget, this time last season we only managed to win 5 of the remaining 13 league games after knocking them out of the cup.

Thankfully, those teams below us will take points of each other to maintain the gap but we should not be dropping points to teams like Ayr.

Jim44
05-02-2017, 10:58 AM
What's the point of jumping down each other's throats about opinions and fan status. The vast majority of folk on here are genuine Hibs supporters but we all react to team performances and results in different ways. It seems to me that the uberfans, happyclappers etc. take the view that more negative, some might say realistic, fans are 'suspect' and are more vocal in their condemnation of them. Do they ever stop to consider that constant flag waving and jingoism is just as annoying and irritating. What a dreary place this would be if everybody sang from the same positive hymn sheet. At the other extreme, it's only a few days since some nutter was advocating the demise of Hibs.net and crying out for a message board where folk would have carte-blanche to post anything they wanted without any censorship whatsoever. A bit of balance and respect for all opinions and viewpoints wouldn't go amiss.

InchHibby
05-02-2017, 11:11 AM

I agree, Humphrey was posted missing today. Not once did he take a man on, he kept passing the ball backwards and why was he sitting back at the half way line with Lewis when we had corners. He's either totally unfit or majorly lacking in confidence. I wouldn't play him next week.

Hi Heid Yin
05-02-2017, 08:11 PM

Seriously, this could have been lifted from Kickback.:rolleyes:

500miles
06-02-2017, 06:42 AM
A draw after five straight wins and nine unbeaten.

I think we need to put yesterday's performance into perspective.

JimBHibees
06-02-2017, 07:54 AM

Couldnt agree more was staggered by that sub. We know what Boyle has and it is pace which IMO would have had more chance of getting the winning goal than bringing Graham on especially when Holt was already on.

JimBHibees
06-02-2017, 07:59 AM
I will assume that the players had next weekend on their minds and there is nothing in the league to panic about yet. There are no huns or yams this season to upset the applecart.

However, while I was happy for Hibs to win the cup at the expense of promotion last season, this season it has to be promotion. Automatic promotion, not having to enter the lottery of the biased play-offs.

Lest we forget, this time last season we only managed to win 5 of the remaining 13 league games after knocking them out of the cup.

Thankfully, those teams below us will take points of each other to maintain the gap but we should not be dropping points to teams like Ayr.

That is the sort of attitude that will let United back in, we should have had our foot on their throat being 8 ahead by beating Ayr. Allowing them to claw back to 6 will definitely give them a boost.

Hermit Crab
06-02-2017, 08:04 AM
Lennon must know that every team in the league bar Dundee utd will come to ER and just defend and hope to nick a goal on the break. That was Ayr's game plan and it worked. He needs to set up the team to break them down and press them high up the park. Its utterly boring watching games at ER when teams do this 10 men behind the ball pish. We also seem to run out of ideas early on and resort to punting the ball up the park. We had 2 wingers on the pitch on Saturday who wouldn't take their man on to try and hit the bye line, one mostly hid until he was rightly hooked at half time. Home performances are just not good enough. Lennon and the team underestimated Ayr and we dropped points as a result.

JimBHibees
06-02-2017, 09:02 AM
Lennon must know that every team in the league bar Dundee utd will come to ER and just defend and hope to nick a goal on the break. That was Ayr's game plan and it worked. He needs to set up the team to break them down and press them high up the park. Its utterly boring watching games at ER when teams do this 10 men behind the ball pish. We also seem to run out of ideas early on and resort to punting the ball up the park. We had 2 wingers on the pitch on Saturday who wouldn't take their man on to try and hit the bye line, one mostly hid until he was rightly hooked at half time. Home performances are just not good enough. Lennon and the team underestimated Ayr and we dropped points as a result.

Not sure he underestimated however was picking the team with next week in mind IMO and unfortunately we then lost an awful goal early doors and we (team and the fans panicked a bit first half). Second half was much better and we should have won.