PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawal

Tamhere1875
04-02-2017, 07:43 PM
Ahead of the opening of the voting period on Monday, Hibernian can confirm that Pat Stanton has withdrawn from the election process.

houstonhibbee
04-02-2017, 07:47 PM
Ahead of the opening of the voting period on Monday, Hibernian can confirm that Pat Stanton has withdrawn from the election process.
Can you share reasons for this for those not in the know?

Sir David Gray
04-02-2017, 07:49 PM
Can you share reasons for this for those not in the know?

It's just copied and pasted from the official site.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7247

Betty Boop
04-02-2017, 07:50 PM
You'll always be a legend Pat.

CallumLaidlaw
04-02-2017, 07:53 PM
Not really a surprise after last week and maybe for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

houstonhibbee
04-02-2017, 08:07 PM

can you share what happened last week?

Jones28
04-02-2017, 08:08 PM

What happened Callum?

CallumLaidlaw
04-02-2017, 08:09 PM
What happened Callum?

As in at the Hustings at the hibs club where he came across rather poorly with his speech and how he answered questions.

Pete
04-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Fair enough.

I don't think this was the role for Pat but he should definitely be more involved at the club.

Stantons Angel
04-02-2017, 08:13 PM
im saddened that this has come about and how distasteful the whole event turned into for him.

I just hope people see the dignity, humility and the self respect that has always been the making of this man.

This is what is meant by HIBS CLASS..........

HIBBYSTU T
04-02-2017, 08:26 PM
Pat should not have to apply for this role.He should have a post within HIBERNIAN.F.C.

kaimendhibs
04-02-2017, 08:42 PM
Pat Stanton should be honourary life member of the board. Hibs legend

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SRHibs
04-02-2017, 08:50 PM
The 'question' was a disgrace to be fair. Even if you agreed with the fundamental point it was meant to be addressing, framing it in such an accusatory manner was needless. Could've been put a lot more eloquently, that's for sure.

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2017, 08:53 PM
The 'question' was a disgrace to be fair. Even if you agreed with the fundamental point it was meant to be addressing, framing it in such an accusatory manner was needless. Could've been put a lot more eloquently, that's for sure.

Pat would have got far more pricklier questions, should he have been elected

SRHibs
04-02-2017, 08:56 PM

And? It was pretty classless, and if there's anyone who should be treated with the utmost respect by Hibs fans, it's Pat.

Carheenlea
04-02-2017, 09:05 PM
And? It was pretty classless, and if there's anyone who should be treated with the utmost respect by Hibs fans, it's Pat.

If you are going to put yourself on a public platform you do have to deal with questions you may not like, and if faced with what you perceive as an inflammatory question, you need some discipline not to reply in an inflammatory manner.
Pat Stanton has probably realised over the last few days that this is a role he can probably do without, and while he may have been talked into standing, I'm sure the decision to withdraw is his own, and it's probably best for everyone that he has.

Jay
04-02-2017, 09:06 PM

If he stood down because of one question which imo wasnt out of order then it proves the role wasnt right for him. Tbh he should have had some sort of role within the club long ago.

Sir David Gray
04-02-2017, 09:15 PM
What was he asked and what was his answer?

Tamhere1875
04-02-2017, 09:27 PM
If you had attended the hustings SDG you would have heard the question and the answer

percy veer
04-02-2017, 09:28 PM

Your quite right the question was rather childish and sounded like so someone with a hidden agenda

JohnM1875
04-02-2017, 09:28 PM
If you had attended the hustings SDG you would have heard the question and the answer

Obviously. But some people didn't attend. So, what was the question?

Jonnyboy
04-02-2017, 09:29 PM

But he didn't, which is why he's asking

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2017, 09:29 PM
Obviously. But some people didn't attend. So, what was the question?

Oysters or snails?

3pm
04-02-2017, 09:31 PM
Anyone who ran about on 1/1/73 is a legend!

Sir Pat!

JohnM1875
04-02-2017, 09:31 PM
Oysters or snails?

I prefer width and speed myself so no snails for me!

kaimendhibs
04-02-2017, 09:32 PM
Is it a secret? .net clique?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
04-02-2017, 09:34 PM

Any need for a smart erse answer? If he attended he wouldn't be asking now would he?

percy veer
04-02-2017, 09:35 PM
If he stood down because of one question which imo wasnt out of order then it proves the role wasnt right for him. Tbh he should have had some sort of role within the club long ago.

IMO it was out of order , rubbish question done its job to provoke

Scouse Hibee
04-02-2017, 09:36 PM
What was he asked and what was his answer?

Something along the lines of was he being told to stand and about his attendance at games

Scouse Hibee
04-02-2017, 09:38 PM
IMO it was out of order , rubbish question done its job to provoke

I see your point but it has highlighted that perhaps Pat Stanton was not suited to the role he was standing for.

percy veer
04-02-2017, 09:43 PM

Please give us an example of one

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2017, 09:48 PM
The same question has in a roundabout way been asked of Charlene, and her answer has been polite, to the point and there for everyone to see.

Compare it to Pat's answer, and there really is no comparison, although to be fair to Pat it was asked online and she's had a while to digest it and think about the answer.

Tamhere1875
04-02-2017, 09:51 PM
Any need for a smart erse answer? If he attended he wouldn't be asking now would he?

Who's asking you big mouth

Sir David Gray
04-02-2017, 09:54 PM

Admit it, you don't know either! :wink:

Something along the lines of was he being told to stand and about his attendance at games

Cheers, that was hard to actually give a sensible, grown up reply! :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2017, 09:54 PM

:rolleyes:

Itsnoteasy
04-02-2017, 10:07 PM

Where's do you start.
Pies
Loyalty points
Tannoy system
Blah blah blah

CropleyWasGod
04-02-2017, 10:11 PM
Where's do you start.
Pies
Loyalty points
Tannoy system
Blah blah blah
Hibs Retro [emoji48] [emoji48] [emoji48]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Itsnoteasy
04-02-2017, 10:12 PM

🖒

Itsnoteasy
04-02-2017, 10:13 PM

But Pat is regularly seen on their site signing stuff.

Scouse Hibee
04-02-2017, 10:13 PM

I'm asking you smart erse,hence the question mark.

tamig
04-02-2017, 10:14 PM

Your response to the guy's question was out of order. Scouse's comment was perfectly reasonable.

CropleyWasGod
04-02-2017, 10:14 PM
But Pat is regularly seen on their site signing stuff.
I was actually taking the P out of myself[emoji13] .

SRHibs
04-02-2017, 10:31 PM
Where's do you start.
Pies
Loyalty points
Tannoy system
Blah blah blah

It's not the content of the question but the manner in which it was asked(or accused). Very few questions were asked so they should be valuable ones. Granted, the question got the job done and showed maybe he wasn't the best candidate, but definitely not in the right way.

Stantons Angel
04-02-2017, 10:40 PM

I agree entirely! Irrespective of whether he goes to away games, has the most loyalty points, or has an away season ticket. He is the club's living legend, captained a pure footballing side and managed a struggling club! As you quite rightly say and if you are any Hibs supporter yourself , he should be treated with the utmost respect!

He has been more of an ambassador for the club than some of our own support, who are more interested in being in the limelight themselves, and he has never let his club down either.

IMHO i think he deserves an honorary position on the board which is something again there is a large load of pages about.............

Johnny Clash
04-02-2017, 10:45 PM
The same question has in a roundabout way been asked of Charlene, and her answer has been polite, to the point and there for everyone to see.

Compare it to Pat's answer, and there really is no comparison, although to be fair to Pat it was asked online and she's had a while to digest it and think about the answer.

There's a huge difference from getting asked in an accusatory way at a hustings and being asked online. Massive. However you are correct in saying that the same conspiracy theory question re mysterious forces potentially behind Charlene now have been raised.

I have no idea what's fuelling this. People chasing shadows no doubt?!!

hibeerealist
04-02-2017, 10:45 PM

So all ok then!!

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2017, 10:46 PM
I agree entirely! Irrespective of whether he goes to away games, has the most loyalty points, or has an away season ticket. He is the club's living legend, captained a pure footballing side and managed a struggling club! As you quite rightly say and if you are any Hibs supporter yourself , he should be treated with the utmost respect!

He has been more of an ambassador for the club than some of our own support, who are more interested in being in the limelight themselves, and he has never let his club down either.

IMHO i think he deserves an honorary position on the board which is something again there is a large load of pages about.............

Your sly digs are noted

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2017, 10:47 PM
So all ok then!!

Pat's choice, not mines

hibeerealist
04-02-2017, 10:48 PM
Your sly digs are noted

That sounds a threat!?

marinello59
04-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Maybe we could just respect Pat Stanton's decision to stand down, wish him all the best and all agree that he is still a total legend and hero to many of us.
Beats bickering.

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2017, 10:56 PM
That sounds a threat!?

Nope, I know the person, and was still waiting on an apology re a comment made a Tuesday.

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2017, 10:56 PM
There's a huge difference from getting asked in an accusatory way at a hustings and being asked online. Massive. However you are correct in saying that the same conspiracy theory question re mysterious forces potentially behind Charlene now have been raised.

I have no idea what's fuelling this. People chasing shadows no doubt?!!

Why does there have to be anything behind the questions, Pat was asked if he was put up for the job by someone.

Its a reasonable question when you take into consideration how he was the face at the top table with the buy hibs or whatever they were called 2 pre seasons ago.

And the question to Charlene is also reasonable, one i'm sure she will answer a lot more politely that Pat did.

Stantons Angel
04-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Your sly digs are noted

Hibs Class!

HappyHanlon
04-02-2017, 10:59 PM
Sad that Pat had to stand down.

Undone by a couple of pathetic questions. Who cares if he can't go to all the games. Uber bollocks right there but to be expected.

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2017, 11:00 PM

Undone by a couple of pathetic questions. Who cares if he can't go to all the games. Uber bollocks right there but to be expected.

:aok:

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2017, 11:02 PM

Not for me, i think he's had to stand down because he reacted in a completely irrational way to those questions.

HappyHanlon

Make you feel good? Making a **** of a 72yr club legend?

Johnny Clash
Why does there have to be anything behind the questions, Pat was asked if he was put up for the job by someone.

Its a reasonable question when you take into consideration how he was the face at the top table with the buy hibs or whatever they were called 2 pre seasons ago.

And the question to Charlene is also reasonable, one i'm sure she will answer a lot more politely that Pat did.

Pat said that he wasn't put up by anyone and asked why shouldn't he stand?

Exactly how's that being impolite?

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2017, 11:03 PM
Make you feel good? Making a **** of a 72yr club legend?

Nope

Stantons Angel
04-02-2017, 11:03 PM
Nope, I know the person, and was still waiting on an apology re a comment made a Tuesday.

Im glad i wasnt the only to read it as a threat!

You do NOT know the "person" and if you are waiting for an apology from that "person" then Hell will freeze over first.

I will quote you " get over yourself"

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2017, 11:04 PM
Pat said that he wasn't put up by anyone and asked why shouldn't he stand?

Exactly how's that being impolite?

C'mon, don't start rewriting what happened. Watch it again, and come back and tell me the way Pat reacted was what you want as a fans rep.

Stantons Angel
04-02-2017, 11:07 PM
That sounds a threat!?

Im glad you seen it that way too?

Hibs class!

Johnny Clash
04-02-2017, 11:07 PM
C'mon, don't start rewriting what happened. Watch it again, and come back and tell me the way Pat reacted was what you want as a fans rep.

Can you not answer the question?

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2017, 11:10 PM
Im glad you seen it that way too?

Hibs class!

After calling me an idiot, making unsubtle digs etc, you are now seriously trying to interpret that comment as a threat? No threat, just fed up with the nonsense

HNA2
04-02-2017, 11:12 PM
Time for it to stop getting personal or the thread will be locked.

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2017, 11:13 PM
Time for it to stop getting personal or the thread will be locked.

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2017, 11:13 PM
Can you not answer the question?

Aye, he went onto a rant, in an aggressive manner all because someone asked him a question.

truehibernian
04-02-2017, 11:32 PM
Maybe we could just respect Pat Stanton's decision to stand down, wish him all the best and all agree that he is still a total legend and hero to many of us.
Beats bickering.

This 👍🏻

For me Pat should never have stood as a 'fans rep', rather the club should have acknowledged him as 'club ambassador'.

Regards the 'hustings' he didn't come across well at all, and to be fair to BF I didn't think his question was disrespectful or out of turn - it was a question not well fielded by Pat. Sorry, but true. And as a fans rep, in good and bad times, he'd face much more difficult questions if elected.

He also mentioned being able to 'spot a player' and wasn't really online savvy - sorry but we don't need him to be a scout, but we do need our fan reps embracing all forms of media.

He's been magnificent on and off the field for our club - but I wouldn't have voted for him based on his presentation. Wrong role for someone like Pat Stanton. As I said, Club Ambassador is one he's ideal for.

Been impressed with Amit's responses since have to say. Charlene and Amit are getting my votes.

Tamhere1875
04-02-2017, 11:33 PM
Baldy asked a question and Pat handled the answer in a way that wasn't what you would like from a fans rep on the board

Johnny Clash
04-02-2017, 11:37 PM
Aye, he went onto a rant, in an aggressive manner all because someone asked him a question.

With all due respect mate that was not the case.

The fact that you cannot answer this very simple question speaks volumes, if Pat's response was indeed impolite then please correct me.

You previously accused Pat of 'losing the rag' and now you say he went on a rant in an aggressive manner . Now that would suggest to the uninitiated that Pat was shouting and offering Mr Foghorn out for a square go. Complete nonsense if I may say so. You do Pat a disservice by saying that and to be fair to BF - he didn't sound too put out by Pat's response.

I sincerely believe Pat's withdrawal is our loss. I've never met the guy other than at the playground railings of Leithy/Norton Park school when he and a few players jumped out a mini bus waving the league cup. Cue a playground full of kids going radge!!

However his Legend status was not the reason I supported Pat. I'll jnow support another candidate whilst not slagging off those I ain't gonna support.

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2017, 11:44 PM
I should add that I don't know what the question was or how it was delivered, so couldn't advise which of the two scenarios it was closer to.

Onceinawhile
04-02-2017, 11:46 PM
Tremendous. :aok: DBS

Not really. Bypassing the swear filter is childish nonsense.

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2017, 11:46 PM
Really?

Yes, for sure, if that was the spirit in which the question was asked. I don't know. Only the person who asked the question, and perhaps those in close proximity can answer that.

HappyHanlon
04-02-2017, 11:47 PM
Not really. Bypassing the swear filter is childish nonsense.

Live a little

Forza Fred
04-02-2017, 11:48 PM
Pat would have got one of my votes should he have still been standing, but I kind of feel a feeling of relief for him, that he has decided to withdraw.

I think the roles have now moved on from being a 'novelty' and the statements we have heard from several candidates about ensuring the communication channels will be enhanced have raised expectations and ensured that the reps can expect to be contacted at a much higher rate, and expected to comeback with an answer.

Sounds too much like a proper job for me, where criticism rather than praise WILLbe the norm, and Pat's well out of it.

I WOULD though, like to see him in some kind of advisory position to the board, and to NOT take advantage of his footballing wisdom seems a waste to me.

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2017, 11:48 PM
Yes, for sure, if that was the spirit in which the question was asked. I don't know. Only the person who asked the question, and perhaps those in close proximity can answer that.

I asked said question......

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2017, 11:49 PM
Live a little

Just...once in a while.

cabbageandribs1875
04-02-2017, 11:50 PM
I should add that I don't know what the question was or how it was delivered, so couldn't advise which of the two scenarios it was closer to.

:hilarious

anyway, i feel sad for pat but he's done the right thing, hopefully the club get him on board in some capacity and also see fit to give him an honorary away season ticket...it's important

Jay
04-02-2017, 11:50 PM
Thread locked.

HNA12
04-02-2017, 11:51 PM
This isn't going to get any better. We did ask you to cut out the personal stuff.Thread closed.