04-02-2017, 06:44 PM
Still the same old problem.
Goals per game ratio

This season 1.66 goals per game
Last season 1.63 goals per game
Stubbs first season 1.94 goals per game
Sevco when they won the league 2.44
Yams when they won league 2.66 goals per game

Hopefully still get up but if it's not fixed by next season then we will struggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enough said
04-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Still the same old problem.
Goals per game ratio

This season 1.66 goals per game
Last season 1.63 goals per game
Stubbs first season 1.94 goals per game
Sevco when they won the league 2.44
Yams when they won league 2.66 goals per game

Hopefully still get up but if it's not fixed by next season then we will struggle.

We always do it the hard way

Velma Dinkley
04-02-2017, 06:46 PM
What are the goals conceded ratios?

Callum7
04-02-2017, 06:50 PM
What are the goals conceded ratios?

Callyballybe
04-02-2017, 06:59 PM
Interesting. I didn't realise we were that significantly behind the 'the' Rangers and Yams in scoring goals - I suppose it makes sense when you think of it. I seem to remember 'them' beating Cowdenbeath 10-1 at one stage.

We seem to have gone down a different route in terms of setting the team up - lets hope it's the right route come the end of the season.

Sir David Gray
04-02-2017, 07:21 PM
It's not really a surprise when the one player in the squad who's capable of scoring on a regular basis has been left out of the team for a large chunk of the last few months.

Hi Heid Yin
04-02-2017, 07:38 PM
It is our mean defence which is bailing out our profligate attack.
Today's game against Ayr once again demonstrated our Achilles heal - our poor conversion rate.
Every team in this division knows it and are happy to sit in against us and put every player behind the ball and play deep and hopefully nick a goal either early or late in the game. It's numbing stuff and frustrating to watch but so often effective. Hearts and The Rangers were far more effective and with a much higher conversion rate. We are well behind them in terms of steam-rolling this division. Our lead is a mere 6 points and again we have put pressure on ourselves.
As Lennon said earlier in the season, he has no confidence in this team going on a 15 game unbeaten or winning run. He has been proved right to date.
This said, I remain confident that we will have just enough, and I mean just enough, to keep us marginally ahead of our main challenger for the title.

wookie70
04-02-2017, 08:29 PM
Jason Cummings 1 league goal every 98 minutes on the bench.

We have failed to win on 4 occasions that Jason hasn't started this year. 3 draws and 1 defeat. In two of the draws JC came of the bench to get the equaliser. In the other draw he never got off the bench and in the defeat(Dundee Utd) he look more likely than the starters had. It amazes me that he has been dropped at any point this season considering how far ahead his teammates he is in terms of scoring. We are nowhere near good enough to drop players like JC.

kaimendhibs
04-02-2017, 08:41 PM
The lack of goals is very worrying, especially now that Hanlon is out for a while. Last two league games before today one nil and we were hanging on at Dumbarton. Need to put these games out of reach. As soon as Ayr went one up.today we were always gonna struggle. Oli Shaw surely deserves place on bench at least

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AFKA5814_Hibs
04-02-2017, 08:49 PM
Lack of goals has been a problem for the past 2 and a half years in this league. As is constantly giving the opposition 1 chance and them scoring from it.

RedHibby
04-02-2017, 09:10 PM
If we are struggling for goals in this league and also having players who are very inconsistent I worry for us when we get promoted. If we do succeed in getting back up this year we will need to bring in players who are a lot better than what we have at the moment or we will very quickly find ourselves back in a similar situation. Unfortunately, I do not trust the board to do the right thing when it comes to buying players. We have the biggest crowds we have had for years yet we are struggling to bring in the right type of player to move us upwards and onwards.

Ozyhibby
04-02-2017, 09:12 PM
Lack of goals has been a problem for the past 2 and a half years in this league. As is constantly giving the opposition 1 chance and them scoring from it.

It's also the reason we got relegated.