PDA

View Full Version : Marciano

madhatter
04-02-2017, 06:17 PM
When is he back? Laidlaw has done ok but in that game he was barely troubled but often made mistakes. Even at half time drills he looked sketchy...

Enough said
04-02-2017, 06:24 PM
When is he back? Laidlaw has done ok but in that game he was barely troubled but often made mistakes. Even at half time drills he looked sketchy...

Barely troubled but often made mistakes???? I smell a dirty YAM

madhatter
04-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Barely troubled but often made mistakes???? I smell a dirty YAM

Smell what you want, the ball trickled into the net from a shot the equivalent of a pass back, then in the 2nd half he sliced the ball out under minimum pressure.

Enough said
04-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Smell what you want, the ball trickled into the net from a shot the equivalent of a pass back, then in the 2nd half he sliced the ball out under minimum pressure.

And??? 1 miss kick and unlucky at the goal?? What about 3 players the Ayr player ran past??? Or did you not see that bit from your arm chair

Green Fish
04-02-2017, 06:34 PM
Did the shot get a deflection for their goal. Looked like it from FF.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

JohnM1875
04-02-2017, 06:35 PM
And??? 1 miss kick and unlucky at the goal?? What about 3 players the Ayr player ran past??? Or did you not see that bit from your arm chair

He should have done better for their goal though. Weak effort at a save. Never fills me with confidence either. Especially with the ball at his feet. Still young though and plenty time to learn and get better. Rocky has to start if fit though.

Pretty Boy
04-02-2017, 06:35 PM

Unlucky at the goal? Nope, woeful goalkeeping to follow woeful defending.

I've been Laidlaws biggest fan but he has to do better there and fine well he'll know it.

hibby6270
04-02-2017, 06:37 PM

I'm with you madhatter.

The one thing Marciano is asked to deal with of note all afternoon and he makes a mess of it. Good though the the boys run was, he (a) should have been tackled before he hit his shot away and (b) the shot was as you say no more than a pass back and should have been saved IMO.

As for the rest of the game? As poor as I've seen us in a long time.

madhatter
04-02-2017, 06:38 PM

Arm chair? You got problems? Was this game televised or are you just slavering? I saw that bit but then I saw a goalie unable to stop a very slow ball from going past him. Watch the highlights after you've chilled a bit and see that regardless of what has gone on before, a goalkeeper letting that past him has let himself down. Nothing against him but if Marciano is fit I'd him back in.

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-02-2017, 06:39 PM
Looked suspect at their goal so will be disappointed no doubt. He's been a good enough deputy with our No 1 missing so no over the top reaction from me tonight.

Comfortable with him between the sticks next week

Callyballybe
04-02-2017, 06:40 PM
Laidlaw absolutely should've done better for their goal - shouldn't have got that far to begin with. But definitely should've palmed it away.

Joe6-2
04-02-2017, 06:43 PM
Anyway, when's Marciano back???

hibby6270
04-02-2017, 06:46 PM
Apologies.
I honestly thought it was Marciano in goal today.
From the lofty heights of West Upper they are very alike in stature.
Suppose the #31 on his jersey should have been the giveaway.

I've been a Laidlaw fan in the games he has played but today he let himself and us down. But then again the rest of the team didn't do themselves any favours today either.

Smartie
04-02-2017, 06:47 PM
Unlucky at the goal? Nope, woeful goalkeeping to follow woeful defending.

I've been Laidlaws biggest fan but he has to do better there and fine well he'll know it.

Exactly how I saw it.

The goal was horrific from a defensive point of view, but Laidlaw didn't have to do much to bail his defence out, weak attempt at a save.

Laidlaw has done well, and prior to today I'd have said it would be harsh to drop him.

But he had little to do today although he made a hash of what he did have to do.

If Marciano is fit next week then he plays.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-02-2017, 06:47 PM

Ffs

madhatter
04-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Ffs

Guess you are unsure when Marciano is back then?

Also bizarre getting this response tbh, if this was criticising Oxley people would be agreeing with me while-heartedly. Funny how o fickle fans are, eh?

So far this season, Laidlaw has made 2 howlers. Rest of the team lose their places if they play badly, why are goalies excluded from that?

Jones28
04-02-2017, 06:51 PM

That ball took an awful bobble, and it came to nothing.

To deliver...
04-02-2017, 06:58 PM
Laidlaws kicking seems a bit off. Especially that one nearer the end of today's game. Wouldn't say the difference between himself and Marciano is night and day, however.
Very rare to find an all round great keeper these days!

Thecat23
04-02-2017, 06:59 PM

To be fair the slice he done was due to the bobble. I agree he should have done better with the goal. But Fonts for me was at fault!

SON OF PADDY
04-02-2017, 07:01 PM
For what's it's worth Laidlaw is our No 1 keeper !
He didn't have a lot to do today, as Ayr are nothing but time wasting *******s.

Very poor performance from the Team today !!
I really hope that Mr Lennon tears into them,that performance was just not good enough.

Ps Really hope Ayr go down this year.

Thecat23
04-02-2017, 07:02 PM
For what's it's worth Laidlaw is our No 1 keeper !
He didn't have a lot to do today, as Ayr are nothing but time wasting *******s.

Very poor performance from the Team today !!
I really hope that Mr Lennon tears into them,that performance was just not good enough.

Ps Really hope Ayr go down this year.

He's actually our No.2 keeper. Rocky is No.1

madhatter
04-02-2017, 07:05 PM
To be fair the slice he done was due to the bobble. I agree he should have done better with the goal. But Fonts for me was at fault!

That's fine but if we had Hanlon, Fonts would be dropped. Why are goalkeepers often impervious to being dropped?

scoopyboy
04-02-2017, 07:06 PM
Laidlaw was signed as a back up and that is exactly what he is.

We need a number one, and that is not Laidlaw.

Andy74
04-02-2017, 07:11 PM

Aye Marciano goes back in when fit. Laidlaw is adequate but Marciano looks a step above.

scoopyboy
04-02-2017, 07:16 PM
Aye Marciano goes back in when fit. Laidlaw is adequate but Marciano looks a step above.

And when we agree Andy there is no debate. :greengrin

SON OF PADDY
04-02-2017, 07:17 PM
He's actually our No.2 keeper. Rocky is No.1

I know that !
But he's actually played more games than Rocky, So it's up to him to win the gloves back ?

RoscoHibby
04-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Stevensons slack pass, surprised even ayr I think, they then had 4 on 3. The defence didn't cover themselves in glory, but to me it proved right to cut the boys option of a pass out then it could've been a one on one for them. They managed to get him to check back on himself, he had no back lift and the keeper should've saved it, if you get a full hand to the ball you should be saving it, especially when I've seen harder back passes. Very poor from laidlaw today. He doesn't fill me with much confidence. Always look and feel more solid and composed when Marciano plays IMO.

Thecat23
04-02-2017, 07:20 PM
That's fine but if we had Hanlon, Fonts would be dropped. Why are goalkeepers often impervious to being dropped?

Goalkeeepers are a different kettle of fish. Dropping keepers for the odd mistake is rare. Keepers thrive of confidence and Laidlaw for me has done very well when needed! Rocky is our No.1 though and will be back soon.

Thecat23
04-02-2017, 07:21 PM
I know that !
But he's actually played more games than Rocky, So it's up to him to win the gloves back ?

Doesn't matter, Rocky is the better of the two no matter how well Laidlaw has done. He'll be back next week if fit.

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2017, 07:32 PM

Laidlaw is a decent prospect who has done okay, but Rocky is a class above him right now. Organizes the defense better, instils more confidence, and kicks a lot better. Possibly wouldn't have made that error, but the goal was far from Laidlaw's fault alone.

SON OF PADDY
04-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Doesn't matter, Rocky is the better of the two no matter how well Laidlaw has done. He'll be back next week if fit.

I respect your opinion mate, but I would stick with Laidlaw " ok he made a James Hunt for the goal " But he wasn't the only one to have a bad day.

.Sean.
04-02-2017, 11:51 PM
Is there any chance he'll be back for the Derby?

Is it a cracked rib he's got?

Thecat23
04-02-2017, 11:54 PM
I respect your opinion mate, but I would stick with Laidlaw " ok he made a James Hunt for the goal " But he wasn't the only one to have a bad day.

For the record I rate Laidlaw as well, I was just saying Lennon promised Rocky the No.1 spot so soon as he's fit he's in the side. I'm just happy we have 2 keepers who are imo good keepers.

HappyHanlon
04-02-2017, 11:57 PM
Laidlaw worries me. He was weak for their goal today.

California-Hibs
04-02-2017, 11:58 PM
Laidlaw didn't cover himself in glory at all for the goal.

Big_Franck
05-02-2017, 07:38 AM
Is there any chance he'll be back for the Derby?

Is it a cracked rib he's got?

It seems no-one knows. There was a Scotsman article the monday or tuesday after the bonnyrigg game saying he'd been for a scan and it wasn't as bad as they'd feared and there were no broken bones. Sure it said he was just badly bruised but he's not been seen since.

1875M
05-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Would do everything possible to try and get Marciano fit for the derby. Laidlaw is decent but we need our strongest possible line up to beat them next week. IMO, the defence looks more settled with Marciano behind them, however Hanlon's presence was missed yesterday I felt as well.

HibernianJK
05-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Wasn't at the game yesterday but always thought Laidlaws kicking is very poor whenever I've watched him.

Borderhibbie76
05-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Some real OTT stuff on here about Ross who has been very good for us this season....one mistake and people saying he is suspect and dodgy... I despair on here after a bad result. The whole team bar 1 or 2 were woeful yesterday so why single out the likes of laidlaw or shinnie is beyond me. I though fans favourites like keatings and fyvie (whom I couldn't believe got MOM at game) were pretty dire all afternoon but as they are not targets for the boo boys like shinnie it's different. Yesterday was an off day...we move on and hope for better in the coming weeks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

NikGunnarsson
05-02-2017, 02:45 PM
Just had a look a the goals from the game, I rate Laidlaw as well as Marciano but that was an absolute howler and you would think if rocky was back for derby he would come back in.

Billy Whizz
05-02-2017, 02:51 PM
Just had a look a the goals from the game, I rate Laidlaw as well as Marciano but that was an absolute howler and you would think if rocky was back for derby he would come back in.

If he's going to be fit, needs a game for the development team on Tuesday

madhatter
05-02-2017, 04:40 PM
Some real OTT stuff on here about Ross who has been very good for us this season....one mistake and people saying he is suspect and dodgy... I despair on here after a bad result. The whole team bar 1 or 2 were woeful yesterday so why single out the likes of laidlaw or shinnie is beyond me. I though fans favourites like keatings and fyvie (whom I couldn't believe got MOM at game) were pretty dire all afternoon but as they are not targets for the boo boys like shinnie it's different. Yesterday was an off day...we move on and hope for better in the coming weeks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Laidlaw made a mistake, a very bad one in his profession. Shinnie was shocking just like most weekends. Every single time he got the ball it was as if he was playing in slow motion but no-one else was. He has played in enough games to realise he does not get that much time on the ball.

And as a matter of fact, I thought Fyvie or McGinn were our best players yesterday and we should be thankful we have those two. First half I don't know how many times they picked the ball up and looked forward to see 5 men standing holding their markers hands. Led to both playing impossible balls or being forced to pass it to someone under pressure (no movement).

I still find it remarkable we didn't strengthen in January - when McGregor, Hanlon, Fyvie, McGinn or Cummings is out or rested I don't have that much confidence in the team, the urgency drops, the movement level drops, the solidity at the back drops, the likelihood of scoring a goal drops.

People have every right to criticise Laidlaw, just as they have a right to praise him. He has been good in games but I think of 2-3 games he has been very poor in so Marciano (being no1) comes in when fit. Marciano makes mistakes they swap over. Simple as, can't have players thinking mistakes are fine because the fans have some emotional feeling towards them...

Humphreys shouldn't play until he is fit as well - does that make you happier? Spreading the criticism?
Also how long do we take to do overlaps and things like that? Things like that should happen before everyone, including the crowd and probably people listening/watching on tv, are screaming for it to happen.

1875M
09-02-2017, 08:46 PM
Anyone got an update on Marciano and his injury? Laidlaw in goals this weekend I presume from the lack of news on Marciano's injury?

Big L
09-02-2017, 09:15 PM
Marciano is an Israeli international, he's played in big games and they don't come much bigger than Sunday. If Laidlaw plays and it turns out that it's a bit much for him it will be to late to do anything about it, if he plays when Marciano is fit and has a stinker Lennon should and will get it tight. If Marciano is fit he should play, it would be extremely foolish not to play him. Laidlaw is a decent back up, and that's all I see him as.

Brightside
09-02-2017, 10:04 PM
He could have done better with the shot last week...but the issue was our shocking defence that lets a player run at them without attempting a challenge before they got in the box. It was simply horrendous. It ended with a poor shot that Laidlaw knows he should have saved but we were a mess as a team for that goal.

Dashing Bob S
09-02-2017, 10:17 PM
Despite that mistake on Saturday, Laidlaw has done very well. He wouldn't let anybody down if he came in. But he was signed as a back up keeper and he is definitely No2. You want to play your strongest side, so Rocky all day long. He calms and organizes the defense. It's the same argument with Fontaine and Hanlon. Fontaine is a very good player, but you have Hanlon as fist pick if fit.

ozwoody
10-02-2017, 01:36 PM
Despite that mistake on Saturday, Laidlaw has done very well. He wouldn't let anybody down if he came in. But he was signed as a back up keeper and he is definitely No2. You want to play your strongest side, so Rocky all day long. He calms and organizes the defense. It's the same argument with Fontaine and Hanlon. Fontaine is a very good player, but you have Hanlon as fist pick if fit.

We are a fickle bunch! Laidlaw has been with great saves at critical times in recent games when his involvement has been minimal, good concentration in my book, then gets slated for an error, which i agree was a bad one.
No player wont make a mistake and i feel he has been consistent in our games.He is a bloody good keeper and we should be glad we have two on the books especially on whats gone before.
Would i be worried if he was in goals on Sunday? Absolutely not, he hasn't let us down so let's support the guy with the jersey

Golden Bear
10-02-2017, 02:11 PM
I have my doubts if Laidlaw's temperament will stand up to Sunday's Derby test and for this reason only, I hope that Marciano is fit.

jdships
10-02-2017, 02:12 PM
We are a fickle bunch! Laidlaw has been with great saves at critical times in recent games when his involvement has been minimal, good concentration in my book, then gets slated for an error, which i agree was a bad one.
No player wont make a mistake and i feel he has been consistent in our games.He is a bloody good keeper and we should be glad we have two on the books especially on whats gone before.
Would i be worried if he was in goals on Sunday? Absolutely not, he hasn't let us down so let's support the guy with the jersey

Good constructive post :thumbsup:
Anyone who has played the game at a reasonable letter will know/realise that with goalkeeping mistakes it is a case of " last man frees all"
If a midfielder loses the ball there are defenders in back up to hopefully repair the damage
With a " No1 " nine times out of ten it is " fatal"
Give Laidlaw some credit ,as a young lad , for the positive qualities he has shown.
Has the makings of a very good keeper IMO :flag:

Pretty Boy
10-02-2017, 02:22 PM
Happy with either.

Laidlaw has made about 2 serious mistakes all season and has been far, far better than I expected. He's made a few big saves, including v Dundee Utd and QOTS in recent weeks.

Marciano has on the whole looked decent but arguably been tested less than Laidlaw.

We have 2 good keepers and one mistake last week doesn't change that. I'd be very happy to see Laidlaw extend his stay at Hibs as he has shown plenty potential, likewise Marciano has the pedigree that you want on a keeper.

I really can't see why we would look to pile the pressure on a young keeper in derby week on the back of his 1st mistake in months. He's done really well for us and will continue to do so.

NAE NOOKIE
10-02-2017, 02:30 PM
There's a keeper on loan at Torino just now with a transfer value higher than the whole Hibs squad .... I seem to remember him making just as woeful an attempt to keep out a pretty poor shot in an international match not too long ago. It happens.

There's been times this season where an under employed Laidlaw has pulled off tremendous saves at crucial times .... the Morton away game and QOTS the other weekend spring to mind. I'm not going to start on the guy because of one poor attempt at a save and a couple of scaffed clearances. I cant say I've seen this huge difference between him and Marciano when it comes to communication with his back 4 either. In fact as I recall Marciano got it tight a few months back for conceding a corner that lead to a goal, which from my place in the FF directly behind the incident was caused by a miscommunication between him and Paul Hanlon I think it was.

I think we have two pretty decent keepers when everything is taken into account and I will be quite happy whichever one is in goals on Sunday ..... I'm sure its going to be Laidlaw and his doubters can all come back on here with the 'I told you so' when he chucks one into the net :greengrin

H18 SFR
10-02-2017, 02:44 PM
I'm not saying this to be a complete knob or a uber pessimist, however I genuinely feel that if Laidlaw plays there is very probable chance that he will cost us the game.

He has made a massive step up in terms of the size of club he is playing for and by and large he has only made two mistakes of note. However, he has been protected by an excellent defence and by teams being very defensive playing against us in the league.

Sunday won't be like that. Hearts will absolutely look to take him out his comfort zone big time. They will throw everything at him.

I want to reiterate, I'm not being negative for the sake of it. We need Marciano to win in my opinion.

Waxy
10-02-2017, 02:48 PM
I'm not saying this to be a complete knob or a uber pessimist, however I genuinely feel that if Laidlaw plays there is very probable chance that he will cost us the game.

He has made a massive step up in terms of the size of club he is playing for and by and large he has only made two mistakes of note. However, he has been protected by an excellent defence and by teams being very defensive playing against us in the league.

Sunday won't be like that. Hearts will absolutely look to take him out his comfort zone big time. They will throw everything at him.

I want to reiterate, I'm not being negative for the sake of it. We need Marciano to win in my opinion.
Jambos goalie looks even weaker

H18 SFR
10-02-2017, 02:49 PM
Jambos goalie looks even weaker

That's a fair point which I wholeheartedly agree with. Might be a case of which keeper mucks up less.

Ryan69
10-02-2017, 03:31 PM
Happy with either.

Laidlaw has made about 2 serious mistakes all season and has been far, far better than I expected. He's made a few big saves, including v Dundee Utd and QOTS in recent weeks.

Marciano has on the whole looked decent but arguably been tested less than Laidlaw.

We have 2 good keepers and one mistake last week doesn't change that. I'd be very happy to see Laidlaw extend his stay at Hibs as he has shown plenty potential, likewise Marciano has the pedigree that you want on a keeper.

I really can't see why we would look to pile the pressure on a young keeper in derby week on the back of his 1st mistake in months. He's done really well for us and will continue to do so.

maybe Marciano is a better organizer then? :wink:

Smartie
10-02-2017, 03:33 PM
Laidlaw hasn't had a game where he's had a great deal to do, but he's looked competent enough in just about all of the games.

He did make a mistake on Sunday, but he's not made many so I think we should cut him a bit of slack.

One of the biggest games he's played in was against us for Raith Rovers when they put us out and he played very well indeed that day, making a number of saves.

We'e got 2 decent keepers right now.

The way derbies go though, he could make himself a hero or a villain by his actions on Sunday.

It's a pressure position, and tbh for all the criticism Oxley got he always did well against Hearts.

JimBHibees
10-02-2017, 03:47 PM
Happy with either.

Completely agree both are good a long time since we said that, need to support the players not crucify them.

Heisenberg
10-02-2017, 03:52 PM
Laidlaw had loads to deal with vs Brondby away and did well enough. I'd prefer Marciano but Laidlaw should be fine.

Dashing Bob S
10-02-2017, 06:39 PM
Happy with either.

I'd suggest that's because he organises the defence better, they have more confidence in him, and are therefore less prone to errors.

Not a diss on Laidlaw, who won't let us down, but I think Rocky is better and has the experience needed to be first pick here, if fit. However, if we lose I doubt it'll be due to bad goalkeeping, which you couldn't always say in derbies.

cmcd
10-02-2017, 08:06 PM
Good constructive post :thumbsup:
Anyone who has played the game at a reasonable letter will know/realise that with goalkeeping mistakes it is a case of " last man frees all"
If a midfielder loses the ball there are defenders in back up to hopefully repair the damage
With a " No1 " nine times out of ten it is " fatal"
Give Laidlaw some credit ,as a young lad , for the positive qualities he has shown.
Has the makings of a very good keeper IMO :flag:

Couldn't agree more .