PDA

View Full Version : Shinnie

Enough said
04-02-2017, 04:34 PM
Absolutely horrendous.. no heart no fight no pace. Lad has skill and can control a ball , we need better than that to win this league.

Ozyhibby
04-02-2017, 04:39 PM
Empty jersey.
This seasons signing have been terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmc1875
04-02-2017, 04:41 PM
Shinnies performance shows why we really will miss having Commons...

No heart or desire.

Heisenberg
04-02-2017, 04:41 PM
He's been a massive disappointment. Nothing like the player that was at Inverness. McGeough has to get in that team before him.

Ozyhibby
04-02-2017, 04:43 PM
He's been a massive disappointment. Nothing like the player that was at Inverness. McGeough has to get in that team before him.

Not sure why but Lennon does not appear to rate McGeogh or Cummings. And it's costing us.

My_Wife_Camille
04-02-2017, 04:45 PM
Dreadful footballer. Please GTF and retire asap

Hermit Crab
04-02-2017, 04:50 PM
So poor although he wasn't the only one today.

supermcginn
04-02-2017, 04:51 PM
A complete coward, loses the ball so many times through a severe lack of determination, get rid!

QMU-1875
04-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Most gutless player I've seen in a hibs top. Imposter. Cancel that loan or just never start him again Lennon, your decisions to drop Cummjngs in place of this imposter cost us 3 points today.

pacoluna
04-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Not sure why but Lennon does not appear to rate McGeogh or Cummings. And it's costing us.

How does he not rate them? And how exactly is it costing us?

Northernhibee
04-02-2017, 04:55 PM
Barely a lowland league level player.

Smartie
04-02-2017, 04:55 PM
I'd have hooked Shinnie, Keatings and Humphrey after about 35 minutes today, and tbh could have made a decent argument for hooking about 3 more at that stage.

Credit to Keatings for plugging away and eventually making a meaningful contribution at the goal, credit to Lennon for being sense and hooking Humphrey as early as he did.

Shinnie is possibly the most frustrating player we've had. He clearly has something but is woefully inconsistent.

He's nowhere near good enough for us if we go up, and I wonder if he sometimes looks better because of the quality of the opposition.

He should be nowhere near the starting line-up next week and it defies belief that anyone would play Shinnie ahead of McGeouch if both were fit.

I think Lennon maybe took this game a bit lightly and hoped we'd win this one with a bit to spare, allowing him to leave Cummings, Holt and McGeouch out.

Hermit Crab
04-02-2017, 04:59 PM
Im sure we fielded a stronger team vs Bonnyrigg.

Hibee Mac
04-02-2017, 05:06 PM
Every single game he plays he frustrates me beyond belief, we should be signing players who can bring us up and also perform in the premiership.

houstonhibbee
04-02-2017, 05:08 PM
How does he not rate them? And how exactly is it costing us?
I would have thought its quite obvious if he isn't picking them in the team and we then fail to win said game............

04-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Most gutless player I've seen in a hibs top. Imposter. Cancel that loan or just never start him again Lennon, your decisions to drop Cummjngs in place of this imposter cost us 3 points today.

You have clearly forgotten Alan O'Brien then!

Seriously though I do agree with what your saying. He made such a promising debut and I was really excited thinking we had made a very good signing but he's been disappointing.

Northernhibee
04-02-2017, 05:13 PM
I'm concerned about the scouting as of late. Our big signings have been poor.

makaveli1875
04-02-2017, 05:17 PM
he's a good player , just isnt happening for him right now for whatever reason .

MWHIBBIES
04-02-2017, 05:23 PM
Was good last week and he wasnt hiding today, looked most likely Hibs player to score first half

Some very poor comments in this thread, I wouldnt try a leg infront of you lot.

dmc1875
04-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Was good last week and he wasnt hiding today, looked most likely Hibs player to score first half

Shinnie? Most likely to score? He had a good chances yes but sorry he does hide. Second touch was a tackle today and he slows the game down time and time again. Really is poor.

tamig
Going against the grain here. Thought Shinnie was one of our better players in a poor first half today. He was unlucky with some of his passes - just overhitting a few of them. He wasn't afraid to get on the ball and run at players. Not sure where these gutless and spineless accusations come from. Seems to be a lot of folk on here's favourite scapegoat just now.

Enough said

We are allowed comments pay good money to watch us. What I will say is if you think shinnie has been far better that what the majority of us have been saying, then you have been watching a different game from the rest of us.

Northernhibee
04-02-2017, 05:26 PM

And he didn't try a leg.

frazeHFC
04-02-2017, 05:27 PM
Shocking player, praying he isn't playing next week.

tamig
04-02-2017, 05:27 PM
And he didn't try a leg.

Pish.

Northernhibee
04-02-2017, 05:29 PM
Pish.

A good player would move the ball about, learn from mistakes. He got the ball and either got caught in possession or smacked it to their keeper.

Defended him enough times now, he clearly doesn't want to learn from his mistakes, time to move on and give others a chance.

GreenLake
04-02-2017, 05:30 PM
Going against the grain here. Thought Shinnie was one of our better players in a poor first half today. He was unlucky with some of his passes - just overhitting a few of them. He wasn't afraid to get on the ball and run at players. Not sure where these gutless and spineless accusations come from. Seems to be a lot of folk on here's favourite scapegoat just now.

I have to agree with that.

tamig
04-02-2017, 05:32 PM
A good player would move the ball about, learn from mistakes. He got the ball and either got caught in possession or smacked it to their keeper.

Defended him enough times now, he clearly doesn't want to learn from his mistakes, time to move on and give others a chance.
He was the only player trying to thread passes through to the front boys in the first half. Also had a really good run down the left where he outpaced a few Ayr players then just got crowded out at the end as there was no support. That to me is not the sign of a player hiding.

Smartie
04-02-2017, 05:32 PM

I don't get the gutless or spineless accusations either, and to be fair to Shinnie there was once or twice that he lost the ball and whilst everyone was hurling abuse at him he went and won it back.

My criticisms of Shinnie - he's a dither, the number of times he gets caught on the ball, dithering about waiting for something to happen is unreal. It's professional football, you don't get time on the ball. I hate it when a chance falls to him because I don't think he has the composure or clean-ness of strike to convert a chance. His weight of pass can go from sublime to pitiful in the space of a few minutes. Also his physical weakness - he's brushed off the ball so easily it drives me mad, it's the kind of stuff you'd expect of a 17 year old who was about 6 stone when wet, not a guy of his age who got a contract at Birmingham City. The hammer throwers would have him for breakfast next week, a game he should be nowhere near.

He looks like Danny Handling. Handling has his faults, but I'd much rather we worked with one of our own youngsters than bring in a player who clearly has talents but whose all-round game has so many deficiencies.

PeterboroHibee
04-02-2017, 05:33 PM
I cant comment on today but Ive been quite disappointed with what Ive seen from Shinnie so far, definitely not the player I remember from Inverness (and we are playing at a lower level...).

MWHIBBIES
04-02-2017, 05:36 PM
Shinnie? Most likely to score? He had a good chances yes but sorry he does hide. Second touch was a tackle today and he slows the game down time and time again. Really is poor.He absolutely does not hide, he is always involved even when he is having a poor game.

And he didn't try a leg.Plenty of reasons to criticise the team today, making them up is pointless.

Northernhibee
04-02-2017, 05:36 PM
He absolutely does not hide, he is always involved even when he is having a poor game.

Plenty of reasons to criticise the team today, making them up is pointless.

Repeating the same mistake over and over isn't trying.

Hiber-nation
04-02-2017, 05:38 PM
And he didn't try a leg.

Utter garbage. He drives me nuts and I wouldn't start him but all this stuff about not trying and hiding is utter nonsense. Sadly there was one player in a Hibs jersey hiding today and it certainly wasn't Shinnie.

Pretty Boy
04-02-2017, 05:41 PM
He has technical ability. Often in good positions and seems to know what needs done.

It's his heart I question, a few times today he was favourite to get to a ball or got to a ball 1st and then seemed to lose out far too easily. Not a player I'd want beside me if I was playing at Tynecastle next week.

My_Wife_Camille
04-02-2017, 05:42 PM
He absolutely does not hide, he is always involved even when he is having a poor game.

Plenty of reasons to criticise the team today, making them up is pointless.
Involved in what? Giving the ball away? Taking 5 touches to get the ball under control? Fresh air swipes and falling on his arse.

Awful footballer. Already counting down the days til he leaves

Green-Hibee-7
04-02-2017, 05:42 PM

You are at it surely?

Whilst I agree some comments are a bit OTT cause he does try but sadly that effort amounts to losing the ball constantly, tripping over himself or generaly going in for challenges in a powderpuff way.

No where near good enough and apart from that free header that he put over the bar - I was more waiting for him to lose the ball than do anything with it. Poor player, but the same could have been said for all today.

HibbySpurs
04-02-2017, 05:46 PM
Thought he was poor today, very poor and I've thought this several times this season

Northernhibee
04-02-2017, 05:48 PM
The thing is, Fyvie had a bit of an off day today but he always wanted the ball, never shirked a 50/50, looked to drive forward when he had space. You can forgive a poor performance (by his standards) when a player displays those attributes.

MWHIBBIES
04-02-2017, 06:06 PM
Involved in what? Giving the ball away? Taking 5 touches to get the ball under control? Fresh air swipes and falling on his arse.

Awful footballer. Already counting down the days til he leaves:faf:

Sums you up.

Jones28
04-02-2017, 06:11 PM
If he starts against Hearts he will get the ***** kicked out of him.

Fyvie and Bartley in the middle with Boyle and Mcginn in advanced positions to provide Cummings and Holt with ammo please.

Andy74
04-02-2017, 06:13 PM
Thought he did well to make it to half time. He has some talent with the ball at his feet but he doesn't seem to think ahead about what he's doing or where he is running to. Gets it taken off him too much.

snooky
04-02-2017, 06:26 PM
Shinnie is a bit of an enigma.
In the 1st half, he played a 5 yard pass to set up Louie on the byline and overhit it by a country mile. Is that the standard we expect from a pro-footballer?
A couple of times he was caught in possession and lost the ball however, to be fair, he chased back and won it back on at least two occasions.
Okay, he can play a wee bit but he's far too inconsistent for me.

CMurdoch
04-02-2017, 07:35 PM
Humphrey was the only guy who was uber poor.
Shinnie was just one of many players who couldn't make things happen.

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2017, 07:37 PM
He looks good with the ball at his feet, but more often than not he just runs up a blind alley.

JohnM1875
04-02-2017, 07:39 PM
He looks good with the ball at his feet, but more often than not he just runs up a blind alley.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen a professional footballer fall over the ball so much in my life.

Onceinawhile
04-02-2017, 07:41 PM
The thing is, Fyvie had a bit of an off day today but he always wanted the ball, never shirked a 50/50, looked to drive forward when he had space. You can forgive a poor performance (by his standards) when a player displays those attributes.

Looked to drive forward????
He went forward about twice all game!!

ancient hibee
04-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Looked to drive forward????
He went forward about twice all game!!

Did you have a snooze at the game?

stantonhibby
04-02-2017, 07:55 PM
Repeating the same mistake over and over isn't trying.

Not sure that actually makes sense

JOD
04-02-2017, 07:55 PM
I must have been at a different game. In that dreadful first half he was one of the few that were
not posted missing. Always looking for ball and yes making mistakes but never hiding.

Next to Darren our best player this season so far.

keep the faith
04-02-2017, 07:57 PM
Dreadful footballer. Please GTF and retire asap

This forum is hilarious tonight as usual suspects go full panic, blame and bedwetting. Over a draw. This post however really takes the biscult. Absolutely ridiculous.

HappyAsHellas
04-02-2017, 07:58 PM
Shinnie never hid today and was always looking for the ball and to be involved. I'm sure he's aware it wasn't his best game for us but some of the comments on here are scandalous. If he was hiding and doing nothing at all then yes, call him out for it, but these accusations can only be directed to one "player" today and it was not Shinnie. Do people not understand if a player is always looking to get on the ball he will get more touches than his team mates, and therefore be in a position to make more mistakes? As for his running into blind alleys it does sometimes seem like this but surely if you see a team mate starting this you get into a position to help him out. I really have my doubts about him making it at Hibs, but no way was he the worst offender today.

JohnM1875
04-02-2017, 08:03 PM
This forum is hilarious tonight as usual suspects go full panic, blame and bedwetting. Over a draw. This post however really takes the biscult. Absolutely ridiculous.

I hate this whole bedwetters thing on here. I've so far not seen anyone say they don't still think we'll go on to win the league. I also don't think it's 'bedwetting' expresssing frustration at such a piss poor performance at home to a part time team! We were seriously bad in that first half today. No one can say otherwise. And if you can't debate on a fans forum then what's the point in this place?

marleyhib
04-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Has talent but lacks bottle, hilighted by playing against 10 cloggers today - very ineffective, can he shoot? None of Shinnie, Boyle, Keatings or Humphrey should start on Sunday.

I would mention more based on today's performance but we need 11

greenlex
04-02-2017, 08:06 PM
Has talent but lacks bottle, hilighted by playing against 10 cloggers today - very ineffective, can he shoot? None of Shinnie, Boyle, Keatings or Humphrey should start on Sunday.

Harsh on Boyle and Keatings I would reckon.

wookie70
04-02-2017, 08:13 PM
I think Shinnie has more bottle than most at the club. He constantly shows for the ball. He is nearly always the man making a run to receive the ball in an extremely stodgy Hibs side. More than a couple of times he was brave enough to keep hold of it instead of playing a pass to nowhere and when he loses it he does battle to get it back. That being said he played poorly today but to question his bottle or commitment is wrong for me. If Hibs are playing well then you see the best of Shinnie. He can pass well but it is difficult the way we are playing. The team has pretty much zero movement and we couldn't even play it long today because we never had a number 9.

GreenLake
04-02-2017, 08:14 PM
I must have been at a different game. In that dreadful first half he was one of the few that were
not posted missing. Always looking for ball and yes making mistakes but never hiding.

Next to Darren our best player this season so far.

Shinnie tried hard to take the game by the scruff of the neck but he didn't manage to do it. Didn't see anyone else trying to do that in the first half.

basehibby
04-02-2017, 08:16 PM

I agree some of the posts are OTT - but that's t'internet for you. But Shinnie WAS poor today and deserved to get subbed in my opinion. That said, just about the whole team was having a marish first half - including SJM for example.

marinello59
04-02-2017, 08:18 PM

Shinnie played well today, one of the few to get pass marks in the first half.

007 Mickey Weir
04-02-2017, 08:18 PM
I was there today and said to my brother that he is the new boo boy. He never hid and wanted to get involved in everything. Yes he didn't play to the standards he could. But was trying to make things happen. Ayr were just doing well at winning the ball. With ALL players losing the ball all the time. Even SJM.

He doesn't warrant the abuse some are giving him.

We had 17 shots at goal. 8 on target. On another day we would have easily won. There game plan was to break up play and waste time. It worked.

Ozyhibby
04-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Given how often he shows for the ball and is on the ball, if he was any good he would have racked up a good few assists and goals by now.
He has not though and it's because he is not very good. I don't care how much he puts into the game, I care about the end product. Shinnie is ineffective week after week.
We can't score goals and he is there to create and he is not doing it.

Sir David Gray
04-02-2017, 08:21 PM
I was quite happy when it was announced that we had signed him for the season. He was a very good player for Inverness and signing a player from the English Championship should be a good sign. However I've been disappointed with him in the majority of games I've seen him play this season. I wouldn't start him next week.

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2017, 08:25 PM
I was there today and said to my brother that he is the new boo boy. He never hid and wanted to get involved in everything. Yes he didn't play to the standards he could. But was trying to make things happen. Ayr were just doing well at winning the ball. With ALL players losing the ball all the time. Even SJM.

He doesn't warrant the abuse some are giving him.

We had 17 shots at goal. 8 on target. On another day we would have easily won. There game plan was to break up play and waste time. It worked.

No we wouldn't, because we say this every single time we drop points and have done for three seasons.

(But I agree with every word you say about Shinnie.)

supermcginn
04-02-2017, 09:08 PM
Shinier played well today, one of the few to get pass marks on the first half.

Shinier might have been fine but shinnie was hopeless!

marinello59
04-02-2017, 09:09 PM
Shinier might have been fine but shinnie was hopeless!

I really need to wear my glasses at all times. :greengrin

JohnM1875
04-02-2017, 09:12 PM
Regardless of performance I still think my favourite ever Hibs moniker is 'Shinniesta'

supermcginn
04-02-2017, 09:14 PM
I really need to wear my glasses at all times. :greengrin

😂👍

HappyHanlon
04-02-2017, 09:23 PM
Loan agreement should have been torn up in the window.

He's utter dross. Kept giving the ball away time after time and stifled the attack.

File him in the same category as Thornhill, Denes Rosa and Martin Scott.

wookie70
04-02-2017, 11:00 PM
Just watched the first half again and I think Shinnie was our best player. Always looking for the ball. Busy could have scored two with one well saved by keeper and the other a poor header. Got in the box, tackled and got involved. No idea what his booking was for.

B.H.F.C
04-02-2017, 11:12 PM
Just watched the first half again and I think Shinnie was our best player. Always looking for the ball. Busy could have scored two with one well saved by keeper and the other a poor header. Got in the box, tackled and got involved. No idea what his booking was for.

It's all 'could have' done this or 'could have' done that with Shinnie.

Don't dispute that he gets in to good positions, wants the ball etc, but he just doesn't do enough when he gets there.

wookie70
04-02-2017, 11:26 PM
It's all 'could have' done this or 'could have' done that with Shinnie.

Don't dispute that he gets in to good positions, wants the ball etc, but he just doesn't do enough when he gets there. Only scored 1 goal and could definitely have scored more than that. Holt has has 4 total assists and McGinn 5 to Shinnies 6. Holt and Shinnie two goals from open play and McGinn three. the truth is he might be all coulds and shoulds but so are most round him. Shinnie gets pelters and is a decent player who works very hard and never hides.

truehibernian
04-02-2017, 11:33 PM
To give Shinnie 'protection', he's in a league where teams set up 6-8 behind the ball and games in the Championship have less space in final third due to sheer body numbers. Funnily enough against Hearts or better sides who come to play and attack I think he's a very fine footballer.

My criticism of him is his need for the extra unnecessary touch. My praise of him is he doesn't hide and always tries to play football and on his game is a lovely footballer. I wince when saying it 'cos I dislike the cliche but he is a confidence player who thrives on the crowd behind him.

Captain Trips
04-02-2017, 11:34 PM
Not been impressed with Shinnie thus far, not impressed at all.

Holt, Graham, Keatings all need to score more goals pure and simple.

Libby Hibby
05-02-2017, 06:17 AM
Soft as 💩. Get rid. He has the ability to look decent and completely hopeless in the same move. Not what we need at present. Any coincidence his best game for us came against a junior side?

J-C
05-02-2017, 06:43 AM
Shinnie is a luxury player which is ok to have when we're beating teams easily week in week out but he's a waste of a jersey when you have to knuckle down and grind out a result, he's far to soft, easily shoved of the ball and makes too many mistakes, not good enough.

eastcoasthibby
05-02-2017, 07:16 AM
A lot of the criticism isn't deserved cos he gets on the ball does try and create, supports his forwards, gets into good positions but just doesn't have a n end product ! He doesn't shoot enough, and to be fair to him and other midfielders there is a real lack of options in the movement or shoeingvof our forwards and today wide players or even full backs they were static especially in first half ..so he dwells on the ball and does get caught with it ..so it's all him .we have so many players especially forwards who just don't move enough far too static ...

Greenworld
05-02-2017, 08:08 AM
Shinnie is awful I've said it all season.another midfielder wonderful at sideways passes.pushed of the ball so easily . Trips over evertime he gets near the box.i don't know what anyone sees in him.
We better get commons back on an emergency loan sharpish

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

mcfly
05-02-2017, 08:29 AM

EH I suggest you watch the first half again. This time with your eyes open.

He was awful. Terrible first touch - missed a sitter over the bar.

Awful player should never be on the pitch before mcgeough.

It was a poor team selection with no respect given to Ayr. Cummings should be the first name on every team sheet. He is our only reliable goalscorer. How many has holt or graham scored??

Waxy
05-02-2017, 08:32 AM
Ripping a player to shreds is not going to make him try any harder. Quite the opposite. If a huge percentage of our support think so little of him and put him down as useless then his heart wont be in it.
That's a big part of why we went down in the first place. We need to all be on the same side encouraging the players who've not had the best game. The amount of whiners at Easter road is alot.

mcfly
05-02-2017, 08:39 AM
Ripping a player to shreds is not going to make him try any harder. Quite the opposite. If a huge percentage of our support think so little of him and put him down as useless then his heart wont be in it.
That's a big part of why we went down in the first place. We need to all be on the same side encouraging the players who've not had the best game. The amount of whiners at Easter road is alot.

Were you there yesterday??

It was Ayr we were playing not Celtic . He was terrible and does not improve the team at all.

Yesterday was a great chance against a poor team to go 11 points clear

We are not good enough to rest our best players. Cummings must play.
Mcgeough if fit must play.

Shinnie is not one of our best players.

Waxy
05-02-2017, 08:41 AM
Were you there yesterday??

It was Ayr we were playing not Celtic . He was terrible and does not improve the team at all.

Yesterday was a great chance against a poor team to go 11 points clear

We are not good enough to rest our best players. Cummings must play.
Mcgeough if fit must play.

Shinnie is not one of our best players.you want some cheese?

mcfly
05-02-2017, 08:55 AM
you want some cheese?

Aye very good reply...

Your in the minority here re shinnie

Baw187
05-02-2017, 08:56 AM
Shinnie was terrible yesterday but he's nowhere near the biggest imposter to wear a Hibs shirt! Folk have selective memories.

He was poor from a quality point of view. Poor touch, poor decision making, lack of strength. But he was on the ball a lot and was asking for it so he wasn't hiding and can't be accused of lack of effort.

He just wasn't good enough when he had the ball and was therefore ineffective in his role.

Jpdhfc
05-02-2017, 09:10 AM

I can't agree more with this top scorer in the division on the bench

MWHIBBIES
05-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Given how often he shows for the ball and is on the ball, if he was any good he would have racked up a good few assists and goals by now.
He has not though and it's because he is not very good. I don't care how much he puts into the game, I care about the end product. Shinnie is ineffective week after week.
We can't score goals and he is there to create and he is not doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHe has racked up a good few assists, though. 6 in all comps by my count which is the most in our team I think.

we are hibs
05-02-2017, 09:21 AM
His performances are pathetic. No heart. People keep saying he has talent, try showing it.

Slavers
05-02-2017, 09:23 AM
I dont think Shinnie looks are fit as he could be.

Thecat23
05-02-2017, 09:49 AM
Shinnie defo tried yesterday, was usually to get the ball back after he lost it! For me he's stinking and sooner he goes the better.

Albanian Hibs
05-02-2017, 10:02 AM
Not the worst player yesterday.

The idiot that sits behind told everyone that he hates Andrew Shinnie. Seriously, how can a grown man hate a hibs player?

tamig
05-02-2017, 10:19 AM

The idiot that sits behind told everyone that he hates Andrew Shinnie. Seriously, how can a grown man hate a hibs player?

More than a few trumpets in our support and great to see such fantastic support for one of our players on this thread.

sleeping giant
05-02-2017, 10:21 AM

:faf:

Liam978
05-02-2017, 10:32 AM

Spot on Tam.

My_Wife_Camille
05-02-2017, 10:41 AM

I didn't tell everyone, I only told my friends who I go to the games with and I shall kindly ask you not to evesdrop into other people's private conversations in future, thank you very much.

Tom Hart RIP
05-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Poor performance yesterday but never hid and he fought to get the ball back after he lost it.
I've had him as man of the match a couple of times so he has the ability.
Bad miss from the header though.

QMU-1875
05-02-2017, 11:06 AM
I didn't tell everyone, I only told my friends who I go to the games with and I shall kindly ask you not to evesdrop into other people's private conversations in future, thank you very much.

Classless and graceless.

FC Leige
05-02-2017, 11:06 AM
Shinnie reminds me of Brian Hamilton from back in the day. He tiptoes around the park scared to get his shorts dirty. Its a shame he doesn't have more bite about him because he is actually a skillful player.

onfire
05-02-2017, 12:22 PM

And you want his babies!! Opinions eh!!

tanfield
05-02-2017, 12:36 PM
I like Shinnie as a player as he always shows for the ball and never hides. There is definitely a player there but too easily dispossessed at times and seems to lack the confidence to take an early dog at goals.

Wasn't the worst yesterday.

miy00015
05-02-2017, 12:51 PM
Unsure about Shinnie as a starter for next week, however much his ability does show in flashes I think there are too many instances of him dwelling on the ball, being dispossessed or missing a pass and would be too concerned that the pace of the game will flatten him. Though to his credit he does attempt some killer balls even when it isn't happening for him in a game. It may be the case that the derby will bring out the best in him and speed up his play but that is an if and if it was up to me would play McGinn in behind strikers as have a feeling we'll see the diamond again on Sunday.

If he plays will be hoping and cheering for him to prove me wrong though.

Albanian Hibs
05-02-2017, 05:13 PM

😂😂😂
There is obviously 2 haters out there then cause the person that sits behind me isn't with friends and certainly wasn't having a private conversation.

ancient hibee
05-02-2017, 05:17 PM
This is going to sound silly but I honestly can't work out why he never quite cracks it.

HappyHanlon
05-02-2017, 05:25 PM
This is going to sound silly but I honestly can't work out why he never quite cracks it.

Simple. He's utter gash. Makes Alan O'Brien look courageous.

ancient hibee
05-02-2017, 05:27 PM
Well that's an opinion even if it's total tosh.

HappyHanlon
05-02-2017, 05:29 PM
Well that's an opinion even if it's total tosh.

You say its tosh, I say its true. Gutless, spineless player. Waste of a loan and a jersey. I want him out my club.

Heisenberg
05-02-2017, 05:30 PM
He has absolutely no end product. As I've said before he's a shadow of the player that was at Inverness.

J-C
05-02-2017, 05:31 PM
You say its tosh, I say its true. Gutless, spineless player. Waste of a loan and a jersey. I want him out my club.

This:agree:

Smartie
05-02-2017, 05:50 PM

I think it's a "core strength" thing.

If he's allowed acres of space to play passes, he's very good.

If he's put under pressure he gets bundled off the ball a lot, as well as mistiming passes.

It's exactly the stuff Danny Handling gets a hard time for.

Handling has never really won me over, but I think he's got more to his game that we need than Shinnie right now, possibly not the ability to drive forward with the ball which Shinnie does from time to time.

MWHIBBIES
05-02-2017, 05:58 PM
He has absolutely no end product. As I've said before he's a shadow of the player that was at Inverness.He has 2 goals and 6 assists this season which tells me he has at least a little end product.

You say its tosh, I say its true. Gutless, spineless player. Waste of a loan and a jersey. I want him out my club.Doesn't really matter what you want, though, does it. It matters what Neil Lennon wants and that is Shinnie as part of his team. He isn't spineless and gutless either, you've obviously forgotten some of the real spineless, gutless players we've had in the last 10 years. You clearly have it in for him after rating him 2/10 on his performances so far this season, utterly laughable.

Shinnie wasn't our worst player yesterday and has played a big part in some important wins this season, the abuse he is getting is embarrassing and really makes me sad. I hate that our support treat players like that. Need a scapegoat, though eh...

Ozyhibby
05-02-2017, 06:01 PM

He plays too slowly. A player like him who gets the ball in the areas he does should be getting into the box at speed, drawing defenders too him and forcing them to make decisions. Think Walker at the yams.

Super_JMcGinn
05-02-2017, 06:01 PM

I'm glad it's not your club. I hope you don't spew that garbage out loud at the match, that's if you go to games.

Loanee or not NO he's a Hibs player and that kind of name calling is not on.

MWHIBBIES
05-02-2017, 06:03 PM
He plays too slowly. A player like him who gets the ball in the areas he does should be getting into the box at speed, drawing defenders too him and forcing them to make decisions. Think Walker at the yams.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhy are you comparing a winger to a central midfielder? It is Humphrey who should be doing those things.

B.H.F.C
05-02-2017, 06:04 PM
He has 2 goals and 6 assists this season which tells me he has at least a little end product.

Doesn't really matter what you want, though, does it. It matters what Neil Lennon wants and that is Shinnie as part of his team. He isn't spineless and gutless either, you've obviously forgotten some of the real spineless, gutless players we've had in the last 10 years. You clearly have it in for him after rating him 2/10 on his performances so far this season, utterly laughable.

Shinnie wasn't our worst player yesterday and has played a big part in some important wins this season, the abuse he is getting is embarrassing and really makes me sad. I hate that our support treat players like that. Need a scapegoat, though eh...

That first stat is entirely the reason why he is getting a lot of stick.

Our biggest problem is that we don't score enough goals. He was one of the players brought in to change that and he has made nowhere near the impact he should have.

He doesn't hide imo. But he has an extremely poor return on in terms of goals and assists when you consider the amount of the ball he has and the number of good positions he gets into.

emerald green
05-02-2017, 06:13 PM
Andrew Shinnie was one of several Hibs players who performed really poorly yesterday to say the least.

However, calling the guy gutless and spineless from behind the safety of a keyboard shows real courage. :rolleyes:

MWHIBBIES
05-02-2017, 06:15 PM
That first stat is entirely the reason why he is getting a lot of stick.

Our biggest problem is that we don't score enough goals. He was one of the players brought in to change that and he has made nowhere near the impact he should have.

He doesn't hide imo. But he has an extremely poor return on in terms of goals and assists when you consider the amount of the ball he has and the number of good positions he gets into.

Not one of our midfielders score or create enough goals, why is Shinnie picked out and abused?

HappyHanlon
05-02-2017, 06:16 PM
I'm glad it's not your club. I hope you don't spew that garbage out loud at the match, that's if you go to games.

Loanee or not NO he's a Hibs player and that kind of name calling is not on.

Bahahahaha! The "if you go to games" patter....

Nah, I just rock up to the big games hahahaha!

He's *****, send him back.

Captain Trips
05-02-2017, 06:18 PM
Not one of our midfielders score or create enough goals, why is Shinnie picked out and abused?

Shinnies goal tally is not great however there are a lot of other players playing further forward whose goal tally is shocking for this league.

We have though still gone 6pts clear so we are in a good place.

Super_JMcGinn
05-02-2017, 06:20 PM
Bahahahaha! The "if you go to games" patter....

Nah, I just rock up to the big games hahahaha!

He's *****, send him back.

The so called fans who do abuse our players at matches are generally the ones who turn up for the big games.

Earlier in the season when QOS beat us at home 3 strangers stormed out citing they hadn't been for years and wouldn't be back, not before abusing the team throughout the match mind you, haven't seen them since thankfully.

murray26
05-02-2017, 06:20 PM
He's not the type of player we can afford in our team next week.. far to easily bullied out a game.. I really hope Dylan is fit.. I don't think he's good enough.. imo..

Super_JMcGinn
05-02-2017, 06:21 PM
Shinnies goal tally is not great however there are a lot of other players playing further forward whose goal tally is shocking for this league.

We have though still gone 6pts clear so we are in a good place.

6 wins from 11 and 22 goals at home in this League is dire, yet Lennon still won't start our top goalscorer.

Ozyhibby
05-02-2017, 06:34 PM

Shinnie plays at the pointy end of the midfield. He was brought in because we don't get enough goals from midfield.

B.H.F.C
05-02-2017, 06:35 PM

He plays further up the park than the likes of McGinn and Fyvie. There is more responsibility on him to create and score. He's shown he's capable of it, in the league above ours, yet he hasn't done it enough. For the amount of the ball he has in advanced positions, not very much comes of it. He was brought in to address an issue and hasn't done it.

On a side note, I think it is quite clear that McGinn just before his operation and since he came back has been told that he need to do more in an attacking sense.

cmcd
05-02-2017, 07:35 PM
I'm with you on this.In my opinion Shinnie never hides.Always looking to take the ball and attempts to drive the team forward. Yes he misplaces the ball now and again but who doesn't. John McGinns passing wasn't perfect yesterday but I don't see him being criticised . On a side note booing players does not one any good (All just my opinion)

Liam978
06-02-2017, 01:24 PM
I'm with you on this.In my opinion Shinnie never hides.Always looking to take the ball and attempts to drive the team forward. Yes he misplaces the ball now and again but who doesn't. John McGinns passing wasn't perfect yesterday but I don't see him being criticised . On a side note booing players does not one any good (All just my opinion)

Well said guys,just watched again on Ayr Utd TV and shudder to think where we might have ended up without the Shinniesta breaking up their play the way he did GGTTH.

Diclonius
06-02-2017, 02:42 PM
Shinnie clearly has quality but he seems utterly determined on keeping the ball for 2-3 seconds before playing it. If he showed some urgency he'd be a player but all he does is slow the game down. Our problem in a nutshell.

On current form he shouldn't start another game for us again.

MWHIBBIES
06-02-2017, 02:58 PM
Shinnie clearly has quality but he seems utterly determined on keeping the ball for 2-3 seconds before playing it. If he showed some urgency he'd be a player but all he does is slow the game down. Our problem in a nutshell.

On current form he shouldn't start another game for us again.
Is current form just the Ayr game? Because he played well against rose and queens.

bigwheel
06-02-2017, 03:59 PM
Is current form just the Ayr game? Because he played well against rose and queens.

MW. You are bringing facts and balance into this - that's not the spirit of this thread [emoji6][emoji106][emoji106]

Bostonhibby
06-02-2017, 04:20 PM
Good footballer who probably finds it difficult to do what comes natural all the time in a league that is essentially agricultural hoof ball when teams arrive at Easter Road in particular

Michael
06-02-2017, 04:51 PM
I can't believe people call Shinnie's performance "gutless". It impresses me that Shinnie was still involved so much in the game despite the crowd getting on his back. In the first half he was the only player trying to make something happen. For a gutless performance look no further than Humphrey - too scared to make a mistake, always played it backwards and never made himself available.

If we had 10 Shinnies in the first half we'd have won comfortably.

Onion
06-02-2017, 04:58 PM
I can't believe people call Shinnie's performance "gutless". It impresses me that Shinnie was still involved so much in the game despite the crowd getting on his back. In the first half he was the only player trying to make something happen. For a gutless performance look no further than Humphrey - too scared to make a mistake, always played it backwards and never made himself available.

:agree: One thing Shinnie does not do is hide, even if he's having a poor game. It's probably why he stands out in games where Hibs have struggled. Never really seen the point in getting on players backs because they're playing poorly, it's not as if they're deliberately do that.

It's players who don't give 100% or worst still hide during games who deserve a bit of stick, and Shinnie rarely falls into that category.

bookert
06-02-2017, 09:05 PM
:agree: One thing Shinnie does not do is hide, even if he's having a poor game. It's probably why he stands out in games where Hibs have struggled. Never really seen the point in getting on players backs because they're playing poorly, it's not as if they're deliberately do that.

It's players who don't give 100% or worst still hide during games who deserve a bit of stick, and Shinnie rarely falls into that category.
Agree with this always looks to make himself available, which shows a bit of character,disappointed that there is always one player that's singled out for criticism, very few were good Saturday.

Brightside
06-02-2017, 09:31 PM
I wish he would get proper studs...seems to constantly fall over when trying to turn.

basehibby
06-02-2017, 09:34 PM

Honestly cannot see where that's coming from as I thought he had a stinker and was deservedly subbed. He wasn't the only one mind you and unlike some I'll give him credit for the few good games he's had. But I truly struggle to think of a single Hibs player that had a good first half, including McGinn for example who was inexplicably missing passes he'd usually make in his sleep. But the shape of the team needed changing and Lennon did right in bringing on Cummings and Holt for Shinnie and Humphreys who had both been dazzlingly ineffective to that point. Just as well Lenny got that bit right because he certainly made a complete arse of the starting line up - I'll cut the manager a lot of slack as a rule, but starting a game at home to Ayr with the likes of Cummings and Holt on the bench and with really no out and out striker on the pitch was as bizzare as it was ineffective.

HappyHanlon
07-02-2017, 11:19 AM

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Only if Laidlaw scored all the goals. :na na: