PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Ratings:

Laidlaw - 4 - Didn't convince, poor at the goal. Don't want to be harsh on him as he's done little wrong this season, but if Rocky is fit I'd go with him in the derby.

Gray - 4 - Found himself in a lot of space on that wing in the second half. Final ball very poor.

Fontaine - 4 - Terrible start to the game, poor first half, improved second half. Hearts will fancy their chances against him on this performance.

McGregor -5 - Not at his best either, but easily our most committed defender.

Stevenson - 4 - Always tries, but had a poor game. His loss of possession led to the first goal, but to be fair, he could scarcely be blamed for the subsequent pantomime.

McGinn - 4 - Haven't seen him play so poorly before, I doubt I will again.

Fyvie - 6- Deserved MOM, kept trying to drag us into it. Not at his best either, but head and shoulders above everybody else. At least realised there was a game on today as well as next Sunday. We'd have probably lost today without him driving forward, urging the others on.

Shinnie - 4 - The most frustrating Hibs player I've seen in ages. Bags of ability, always wants the ball, but poor final pass and a bit lightweight.

Humphrey - 3 - Was obviously not match fit. Didn't hug the line, didn't get supplied, when he did, didn't try to go past anyone.

Boyle - 4 - I like Boyle, but I still see him more as an impact sub. Has great pace but invariably uses it to bounce of defenders rather than get in behind them.

Keatings - 4 - Not very good today. He can hit a dead ball better than anybody else in the side, but that's not saying a great deal.

Subs:

Holt - 5 - Gave us a more physical threat and we looked more dangerous at set pieces with him.

Cummings - 5 - Came on and equalised. Probably would have gotten another with more game time.

Graham - 3 - Meh...can't see him here next season.

Manager:

Lennon - 5 - The width & pace plan to attack sides at home worked against Dundee United, so why not here? It's obvious that Humphrey's wasn't fit and either Lennon should have known this or the player should have held his hand up. Tried to change it (and to be fair to an extent did) with subs and half-time gee up, with an improved second half. But the players head's weren't in this game.

Ref:

Allan - 5 - Wasn't great, (fortunately missed an Ayr stonewall pen when McGregor handled) but not a total disaster. Just run-of-the-mill crap Scottish reffing.

MWHIBBIES
04-02-2017, 05:28 PM
Humphrey is fit, he was just hopeless.

Northernhibee
04-02-2017, 05:29 PM
Laidlaw -4

Gray - 5
McGregor -6
Fontaine - 6
Stevenson - 6

Fyvie - 6
McGinn - 5
Shinnie - 2

Keatings - 5
Boyle - 5
Humphrey - 1.5

Cummings - 6
Holt - 8
Graham - 4

SChibs
04-02-2017, 05:31 PM
Laidlaw-5

Gray-5
Macgregor-6
Fontaine-6
Stevenson-7

Fyvie-7
Mcginn-6
Shinnie-5

Boyle-5
Keatings-7
Humphrey-4

Holt-7
Cummings-7
Graham-5

houstonhibbee
04-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Ratings:

Laidlaw - 4 - Didn't convince, poor at the goal. Don't want to be harsh on him as he's done little wrong this season, but if Rocky is fit I'd go with him in the derby.

Gray - 4 - Found himself in a lot of space on that wing in the second half. Final ball very poor.

Fontaine - 4 - Terrible start to the game, poor first half, improved second half. Hearts will fancy their chances against him on this performance.

McGregor -5 - Not at his best either, but easily our most committed defender.

Stevenson - 4 - Always tries, but had a poor game. His loss of possession led to the first goal, but to be fair, he could scarcely be blamed for the subsequent pantomime.

McGinn - 4 - Haven't seen him play so poorly before, I doubt I will again

Fyvie - 6- Deserved MOM, kept trying to drag us into it. Not at his best either, but head and shoulders above everybody else. At least realised there was a game on today as well as next Sunday. We'd have probably lost today without him driving forward, urging the others on.

Shinnie - 4 - The most frustrating Hibs player I've seen in ages. Bags of ability, always wants the ball, but poor final pass and a bit lightweight.

Humphrey - 3 - Was obviously not match fit. Didn't hug the line, didn't get supplied, when he did, didn't try to go past anyone.

Boyle - 4 - I like Boyle, but I still see him more as an impact sub. Has great pace but invariably uses it to bounce of defenders rather than get in behind them.

Keatings - 4 - Not very good today. He can hit a dead ball better than anybody else in the side, but that's not saying a great deal.

Subs:

Holt - 5 - Gave us a more physical threat and we looked more dangerous at set pieces with him.

Cummings - 5 - Came on and equalised. Probably would have gotten another with more game time.

Graham - 3 - Meh...can't see him here next season.

Manager:

Lennon - 5 - The width & pace plan to attack sides at home worked against Dundee United, so why not here? It's obvious that Humphrey's wasn't fit and either Lennon should have known this or the player should have held his hand up. Tried to change it (and to be fair to an extent did) with subs and half-time gee up, with an improved second half. But the players head's weren't in this game.

Ref:

Allan - 5 - Wasn't great, (fortunately missed an Ayr stonewall pen when McGregor handled) but not a total disaster. Just run-of-the-mill crap Scottish reffing.pretty accurate assessment

don't think we can be so confident about next week now....

pacoluna
04-02-2017, 05:35 PM
I thought Fyvie was absolutely dire today, couldn't believe he got mom.

Frogga
04-02-2017, 05:35 PM
Laidlaw-5

Gray-5

Macgregor-6

Fontaine-6

Stevenson-7

Fyvie-7

Mcginn-6

Shinnie-5

Boyle-5

Keatings-7

Humphrey-4

Holt-7

Cummings-7

Graham-5

I agree with this.

houstonhibbee
04-02-2017, 05:38 PM
best of a very bad bunch

guthrie01
04-02-2017, 05:38 PM

Agreed, no idea how he got motm. Stevenson, McGregor, Gray and Cummings only ones with pass marks.

Hibs331875
04-02-2017, 05:41 PM
Fyvie was mince

SChibs
04-02-2017, 05:42 PM
Agreed, no idea how he got motm. Stevenson, McGregor, Gray and Cummings only ones with pass marks.

No holt? He was the centre of our best attacks in the second half. Good through balls, quick throws down the line and had a good header well cleared off the line.

dmc1875
04-02-2017, 05:42 PM
Fyvie became better as the game wore on, but for me only Holy and Cummings really get pass marks along with McGregor.

Everyone totally not at it today and Shinnie is a total waste of a jersey.

Canon Hannan
04-02-2017, 05:43 PM
Fyvie was my man of the match. McGinn is not 100% yet and we were mugged by a crap ref and negative team from Ayr. KTF ☘

houstonhibbee
04-02-2017, 05:45 PM
so what is the starting line up to win/draw next week after that performance?

guthrie01
04-02-2017, 05:45 PM
No holt? He was the centre of our best attacks in the second half. Good through balls, quick throws down the line and had a good header well cleared off the line.

Your right just forgot him to be honest, would start him next week with Cummings upfront based on today.

dmc1875
04-02-2017, 05:47 PM

Marciano if fit

Gray
McGregor
Fontaine
Stevenson

Bartley
Mcginn
Fyvie

Boyle
Humphrey if fit

Cummings

Get in behind them and hit on the counter

guthrie01
04-02-2017, 05:48 PM

Gray McGregor Fonts Stevenson
Bartley
McGeouch McGinn Fyvie
Cummings Holt

Real Emerald
04-02-2017, 05:48 PM
Really poor performance but the starting line up, formation and tactics were bizarre. McGinn playing in front of the back four most of the game was baffling. Humphrey hid all game until he was rightfully subbed, shocking cowardly performance by him.

makaveli1875
04-02-2017, 05:49 PM

i would consider playing the development team with cummings up front , cant be any worse than that lot today

Northernhibee
04-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Marciano if fit

Gray
McGregor
Fontaine
Stevenson

Bartley
Mcginn
Fyvie

Boyle
Humphrey if fit

Cummings

Get in behind them and hit on the counter

Wouldn't have Humphrey near the team.

TheMentalHibees
04-02-2017, 05:56 PM

Didn't try and run past his man once. Passed the ball back to gray every chance he got and was standing on the halfway line when we took corners. Embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmc1875
04-02-2017, 06:02 PM

I presumed he wasn't fit?

Northernhibee
04-02-2017, 06:04 PM

More like couldn't be bothered.

Hiber-nation
04-02-2017, 06:30 PM

He was fit enough in the first half against Dundee Utd. Gave him the benefit of the doubt after his non-performance at Dumbarton but no excuses today, that was disgraceful.

My_Wife_Camille
04-02-2017, 06:39 PM
I missed the Ayr goal so can't comment but over the other 85 minutes Stevenson and McGregor played well, Grant Holt was very good when he came on and Cummings was dangerous as always.

The rest ranged from very poor to useless. Andy Shinnie was one level below even that

Onceinawhile
04-02-2017, 06:44 PM
Didn't try and run past his man once. Passed the ball back to gray every chance he got and was standing on the halfway line when we took corners. Embarrassing.

Fairly certain he was told to be there at corners to cover if they broke at pace.

Hibee Mac
04-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Holt and Cummings have to start next week, we can't play with wingers if Humphrey plays like that.

McGeoch is another who must start and get mcginn up the park let fyvie or Bartley sit back instead!

snooky
04-02-2017, 08:17 PM

Humphrey/Harris about the same? :dunno:

snooky
04-02-2017, 08:23 PM
Laidlaw-5

Gray-5
Macgregor-6
Fontaine-6
Stevenson-7

Fyvie-7
Mcginn-6
Shinnie-5

Boyle-5
Keatings-7
Humphrey-4

Holt-7
Cummings-7
Graham-5

:agree: That pretty close to how I'd mark it too except I'd give Daz a 7

DaveF
04-02-2017, 08:23 PM
Can't be bothered giving anything other than a high score of 2 to the starting 11 (1 point for turning up and another for the laughter they gave due to that shocking performance)

Holt was the MOTM, followed by Cummings. Says it all really.

HappyAsHellas
04-02-2017, 08:27 PM
I'd take an injured Harris over a fit Humphrey any day of the week.

ancient hibee
04-02-2017, 08:29 PM
Really poor performance but the starting line up, formation and tactics were bizarre. McGinn playing in front of the back four most of the game was baffling. Humphrey hid all game until he was rightfully subbed, shocking cowardly performance by him.
Baffling lineup.If he is going to play two men wide then the player in the middle has to be Cummings or Holt but certainly not Keatings.Ironically they didn't put any decent balls in anyway while Keatings whipped in a succession of free kicks just begging to be knocked in.

TheMentalHibees
04-02-2017, 08:34 PM
Fairly certain he was told to be there at corners to cover if they broke at pace.

That would've involved him actually running.

Real Emerald
04-02-2017, 08:36 PM
Baffling lineup.If he is going to play two men wide then the player in the middle has to be Cummings or Holt but certainly not Keatings.Ironically they didn't put any decent balls in anyway while Keatings whipped in a succession of free kicks just begging to be knocked in.

Agree, it was really odd what he did. We don't know what goes on in training, who has wee knocks, man flu or whateve so there may be reasons but it just seemed like a team selection and tactics from nowhere. It certainly didn't work.

We would all love to beat the Hearts next week but we really need to get out of this league and performances like that will not help.

wookie70
04-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Laidlaw - 2 - Appalling mistake for the goal. First mistake after some good performances and should keep gloves.

Gray - 6 - First half didn't do much but I thought he played really well in the second half getting the ball in and winning some headers

Fontaine - 3 - Terrible start and set the tone with some dreadful punts. I don't think Fonts and Daz work as a pair and we really miss Hanlon

McGregor -5 - Some great tackles and did pretty well but had some fault in the goal and more than a few dodgy moments

Stevenson - 6 - Mistake for the goal but I what followed his pass was far more worrying. Hardly gave the ball away after that and put in some great balls

McGinn - 4 -as poor as I have seen him in the first half where he played ridiculously deep. Much more like it in the second half but not his usual self

Fyvie - 6- Didn't do too much wrong and that is good enough for MOTM today

Shinnie - 4 -Works so hard but loses possession too often. To be fair it is usually while waiting for the statues that are playing with him to make a move. Great attitude but not a great signing

Humphrey - 2 - No idea if he is fit but getting beat to the ball in a foot race with paul Cairney suggests he wasn't. I personally think he doesn't have much pace and he was cowardly today in refusing to take a man on.

Boyle - 4 - Pretty poor throughout especially in first half but taken off when we started to look dangerous!

Keatings - 4 - Very poor as the one up front and not much better when he got help. Some excellent set pieces and lots of very poor ones.

Subs:

Holt - 6 - Two great chances to score forcing a save from the keeper with one. Did very well when on pitch

Cummings - 6 - He starts and we probably win. Found himself playing behind Holt and Graham for the vital last 10 minutes and looked the most likely to score as usual. Very good finish for his goal.

Graham - 3 - Very little time and failed to impress again

Manager:

Lennon - 2 -Baffling starting 11 which probably cost us 2 points. Changed the shape to a diamond very quickly after it was clear his initial set up was failing miserably and we were left without width and without an out and out striker. A bit better in the second half but just as we looked like we might steal the game he takes Boyle off and replaces him with Graham which forced Cummings deeper and made us far less likely to score. A very bad day at the office which to me stemmed from looking at next week and failing to do his main duty which is to win the league points to get us promoted. He wasn't helped by lots of players not playing well but I bet there were quite a few in the stadium shaking their heads when his starting line up was announced.

Ref:

Allan - 5 - Failed as most do to deal with the constant fouling and time wasting. Fortunately he missed Daz's handball too. Not the reason we dropped points today.

SChibs
04-02-2017, 09:04 PM
Laidlaw - 2 - Appalling mistake for the goal. First mistake after some good performances and should keep gloves.

Gray - 6 - First half didn't do much but I thought he played really well in the second half getting the ball in and winning some headers

Fontaine - 3 - Terrible start and set the tone with some dreadful punts. I don't think Fonts and Daz work as a pair and we really miss Hanlon

McGregor -5 - Some great tackles and did pretty well but had some fault in the goal and more than a few dodgy moments

Stevenson - 6 - Mistake for the goal but I what followed his pass was far more worrying. Hardly gave the ball away after that and put in some great balls

McGinn - 4 -as poor as I have seen him in the first half where he played ridiculously deep. Much more like it in the second half but not his usual self

Shinnie - 4 -Works so hard but loses possession too often. To be fair it is usually while waiting for the statues that are playing with him to make a move. Great attitude but not a great signing

Humphrey - 2 - No idea if he is fit but getting beat to the ball in a foot race with paul Cairney suggests he wasn't. I personally think he doesn't have much pace and he was cowardly today in refusing to take a man on.

Boyle - 4 - Pretty poor throughout especially in first half but taken off when we started to look dangerous!

Keatings - 4 - Very poor as the one up front and not much better when he got help. Some excellent set pieces and lots of very poor ones.

Subs:

Holt - 6 - Two great chances to score forcing a save from the keeper with one. Did very well when on pitch

Cummings - 6 - He starts and we probably win. Found himself playing behind Holt and Graham for the vital last 10 minutes and looked the most likely to score as usual. Very good finish for his goal.

Manager:

Lennon - 2 -Baffling starting 11 which probably cost us 2 points. Changed the shape to a diamond very quickly after it was clear his initial set up was failing miserably and we were left without width and without an out and out striker. A bit better in the second half but just as we looked like we might steal the game he takes Boyle off and replaces him with Graham which forced Cummings deeper and made us far less likely to score. A very bad day at the office which to me stemmed from looking at next week and failing to do his main duty which is to win the league points to get us promoted. He wasn't helped by lots of players not playing well but I bet there were quite a few in the stadium shaking their heads when his starting line up was announced.

Ref:

Allan - 5 - Failed as most do to deal with the constant fouling and time wasting. Fortunately he missed Daz's handball too. Not the reason we dropped points today.

Harsh to say the least.

Keatings a 4? Eh?

wookie70
04-02-2017, 09:07 PM
Harsh to say the least.

Keatings a 4? Eh? We just drew at home to Ayr, The team as a whole would get less than pass marks which for me is a 6. Keatings was very poor in my opinion when the ball was rolling.

SChibs
04-02-2017, 09:15 PM
We just drew at home to Ayr, The team as a whole would get less than pass marks which for me is a 6. Keatings was very poor in my opinion when the ball was rolling.

He had a good second half but the first half wasn't really his fault as he had no service.

Bad Habits
04-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Surely it can't only be me that thought fyvie was abysmal? One of the first things i was taught playing was to come to the ball and not wait for it to come to me, he stood there like a training cone several times in the first half whilst the ayr players nicked the ball of his toes or ran past him. Was marginally better the second half.

The Harp Awakes
04-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Fontaine had a poor first half but was much better in the 2nd. Ditto for Keatings. McGinn tried hard but nothing much came off for him. Boyle was pretty much anonymous for the time he was on the pitch.

I am totally bewildered why McGeouch wasn't playing. Holt was very good when he came on and to a lesser extent Cummings. Shinnie is an enigma - a tidy footballer but seems have the heart of a mouse. Humphrey looked like he didn't want to be on the pitch. Fyvie was very busy and was probably our best player although had a good few bad moments.

Although not alone in being at fault for the Ayr goal, how could Laidlaw possibly have let that tapped shot passed him:confused:

All in all a poor team selection, poor tactics and poor performance against a very hard working but ordinary Ayr team. Hopefully it was a blip.

bookert
04-02-2017, 09:54 PM

Subs:

Manager:

Ref:

Thought this was a fair summation, struggle especially with posters who have fonts with a higher rating than Gray.

ekhibee
04-02-2017, 09:58 PM
Fontaine had a poor first half but was much better in the 2nd. Ditto for Keatings. McGinn tried hard but nothing much came off for him. Boyle was pretty much anonymous for the time he was on the pitch.

I am totally bewildered why McGeouch wasn't playing. Holt was very good when he came on and to a lesser extent Cummings. Shinnie is an enigma - a tidy footballer but seems have the heart of a mouse. Humphrey looked like he didn't want to be on the pitch. Fyvie was very busy and was probably our best player although had a good few bad moments.

Although not alone in being at fault for the Ayr goal, how could Laidlaw possibly have let that tapped shot passed him:confused:

All in all a poor team selection, poor tactics and poor performance against a very hard working but ordinary Ayr team. Hopefully it was a blip.
Totally agree with all of that. McGeouch would have been ideal in a game like this, I don't know if Lennon thought he was still a bit unfit, who knows. Strange team selection really, Boyle was never in it at all, Shinnie obviously has skill but he's too lightweight and far too often his finishing is poor. That's just about the worst team performance this season IMO, and I'm afraid I have to disagree with Lennon's comments after the game. We were only marginally better in the 2nd half, but that really wouldn't have been hard. Still, 1 point's better than none I suppose.

Gogs07
04-02-2017, 10:19 PM
Did Humphrey have a date at 4pm, so walking today about today allowed him to be subbed at half time?

Shinnie is so lightweight, that the bench is best for him next week against the inbred!

The starting line up was slow today and the Ayr goal was comical with the lack of tackling!

At least the sun was shining to the top tier of the east for most of the game! Where are my shades?:coolhib:

familyman
04-02-2017, 10:28 PM
Can't be bothered giving anything other than a high score of 2 to the starting 11 (1 point for turning up and another for the laughter they gave due to that shocking performance)

Holt was the MOTM, followed by Cummings. Says it all really.

Humphrey was seen standing at centre line when we had a corner! He did not have any idea what he should be doing and sadly did nothing whatsover ...He was shocking and correctly replaced 1 out of 10 for almost turning up.
McGregor(5/10) and Fontaine(4/10) in particular we far too casual and not concentrating in the first half, despite comments in press most of the team seemed to think turning up was all they needed to do,some straight talking at half time ensured they started to finally play, why on earth do we still not realise the game last 90 mins not 45...maybe they got confused kicking down the hill first half for once?
Come on guys stop believing your own publicity, if we start like this at Tynecastle we will have a mass exodus from Hibs end at half time....
Holt(7) and Jason(7) saved the day and as ever McGinn(8) and Gray(9) did not let us down.:flag:
Never easy supporting Hibs ..I wonder why that is?

04-02-2017, 10:37 PM
Agreed. Keatings for me

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

skyhibs
04-02-2017, 11:20 PM
I honestly don't know what the love in with fyvie, he has a few good games but was murder today along with everyone else.... no pass marks for anyone of the starters today.... laidlaw will be found out when we play a good team.... terrible at the goal

JohnM1875
04-02-2017, 11:22 PM
I honestly don't know what the love in with fyvie, he has a few good games but was murder today along with everyone else.... no pass marks for anyone of the starters today.... laidlaw will be found out when we play a good team.... terrible at the goal

Don't think it's any coincidence that the two times Fyvie has been out injured for a few weeks or more the past few seasons our form has dipped. He's as vital to our team as McGinn in my opinion and does so much work on and off the ball.

'mon the beers
04-02-2017, 11:32 PM
Surely it can't only be me that thought fyvie was abysmal? One of the first things i was taught playing was to come to the ball and not wait for it to come to me, he stood there like a training cone several times in the first half whilst the ayr players nicked the ball of his toes or ran past him. Was marginally better the second half.

Fyvie was rotten, Shinnie and Humphrey were up there too tho. Resting our top scorer isn't on I'm sorry. Keating motm for the ball for the goal at least, gray was ***** yet again but nothing to cover him

SChibs
04-02-2017, 11:48 PM
Fyvie makes hibs tick. You see what he brings when he is replaced with bartley who isn't capable of playing the fetcher carrier role. Covers a lot of ground too.

One stray pass from fyvie = abuse and moaning

One stray pass from Mcginn = unlucky John, keep going!

wookie70
04-02-2017, 11:53 PM
Just watched the first half again and Fyvie lost the ball far more than I remembered at the game. Shinnie was far better than I thought and so was Daz. The goal is some of the worst defending I have ever seem. The lack of urgency was evident as in defence as it usually is in attack.

thebakerboy
05-02-2017, 12:52 AM

Gotr to agree he gave the ball away missed tackles was awful

Pedantic_Hibee
05-02-2017, 02:12 AM
Have to admit, I stormed out after 70 minutes in a complete rage.

However, unless I am going senile, I can't understand how some folk don't rate Fyvie. He's the conduit, always available, constantly ticking things over and spreading it left, right and centre.

Humphrey was little more than a black David Gray out wide...hesitant, cutting inside and looking for an easy pass...he's better than that. Centre backs looked a bit edgy, McGinn off the pace first half especially and as for Shinnie...I have seldom seen a player with so much ability look so poor as I have with him this season. The most frustrating thing is he sees more of the ball than most but he looks like he's playing in his slippers, never looks up, runs into blind alleys and never looks like he has control of the ball. He had an abomination of a performance today.

And as for Neil Lennon...you got it wrong today, very wrong.

Liberal Hibby
05-02-2017, 02:34 AM

The match is available on Hibs TV if you didn't see it live.

Liberal Hibby
05-02-2017, 02:44 AM
Don't think it's any coincidence that the two times Fyvie has been out injured for a few weeks or more the past few seasons our form has dipped. He's as vital to our team as McGinn in my opinion and does so much work on and off the ball.

Well said. Hanlon is similar. We got relegated when Hanlon got injured. And we gave up the chase against Sevco when Fyvie got injured.

If Fyvie gets injured before Hanlon comes back I fear for our promotion hopes.

kaimendhibs
05-02-2017, 02:57 AM
Fyvie was nowhere near our worst today. Never ever hides, wants the ball and if he loses it fights to get it back

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

overdrive
05-02-2017, 04:37 AM
Laidlaw - 4 poor at the goal. Even worse at the "clearance"

Gray - 7 - tried to provide width
McGregor - 9 - best player on the park by far followed by Cairney
Fontaine - 6
Stevenson - 7

Humphrey- 2 - had flu? Only possible excuse
McGinn - 6 - awful first half. Decent 2nd half
Fyvie - 4 - worst I've seen him. Match sponsors were obviously watching a different game
Shinnie- 3 - at least he tries. That's all that can be said about him!
Boyle- 6

Keatings - 6

Cummings - 7
Holt - 8
Graham - 4 got in the way

The Leith Dutch
05-02-2017, 07:46 AM
Your right just forgot him to be honest, would start him next week with Cummings upfront based on today.

Yep. Gonna need Holt to shove around whatever large thugs they've signed for their defence this year.

SChibs
05-02-2017, 08:26 AM
Laidlaw - 4 poor at the goal. Even worse at the "clearance"

Gray - 7 - tried to provide width
McGregor - 9 - best player on the park by far followed by Cairney
Fontaine - 6
Stevenson - 7

Humphrey- 2 - had flu? Only possible excuse
McGinn - 6 - awful first half. Decent 2nd half
Fyvie - 4 - worst I've seen him. Match sponsors were obviously watching a different game
Shinnie- 3 - at least he tries. That's all that can be said about him!
Boyle- 6

Keatings - 6

Cummings - 7
Holt - 8
Graham - 4 got in the way

Another moan at the clearance. The ball was bobbling give the guy a break on that one. If we'd won the game nobody would be talking about it.

Brightside
05-02-2017, 08:31 AM
I had to leave before our goal but unless there was a massive turn around it was the probably the worst game of football I've seen from Hibs this season. Not one single player looked up for it. Passing was shocking and players beaten to a ball by Paul Cairney is far too much to bear. Rubbish. Fontaine was hopeless.

Brightside
05-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Humphrey was seen standing at centre line when we had a corner! He did not have any idea what he should be doing and sadly did nothing whatsover ...He was shocking and correctly replaced 1 out of 10 for almost turning up.
McGregor(5/10) and Fontaine(4/10) in particular we far too casual and not concentrating in the first half, despite comments in press most of the team seemed to think turning up was all they needed to do,some straight talking at half time ensured they started to finally play, why on earth do we still not realise the game last 90 mins not 45...maybe they got confused kicking down the hill first half for once?
Come on guys stop believing your own publicity, if we start like this at Tynecastle we will have a mass exodus from Hibs end at half time....
Holt(7) and Jason(7) saved the day and as ever McGinn(8) and Gray(9) did not let us down.:flag:
Never easy supporting Hibs ..I wonder why that is?
Humphrey was covering for the defence. That's normal at corners.

eastcoasthibby
05-02-2017, 08:33 AM

Humphrey doesn't like any physical aspect of the game saw that at Dumbarton and again yesterday ...if he can only play where this space to run /play into then he isn't the man for next week and for very few games in this league given most teams sit in. He ha 3 or 4 opportunities to go st defenders yesterday and opted out e try time ..still got a fair bit to prove to win me over !!

weecounty hibby
05-02-2017, 08:47 AM
Someone gave SJM an 8. C'mon I love the guy but that is nonsense. As bad a game from him as I can remember. Some of the stick being dished out to Fyvie yesterday was rediculous but it appears SKM is absolved of any blame. I'm not having a go at McGinn just pointing out the double standards of some of the baw bags that sit around me