PDA

View Full Version : Team against Hearts

Diclonius
04-02-2017, 04:23 PM
Laidlaw

Gray McGregor Fontaine Stevenson

McGinn Bartley Fyvie

Boyle Cummings Keatings

4-3-3 which can become a 4-5-1 when needed. Bartley needed in midfield to combat their usual physical play. Humphrey has done little since the United game and should be dropped. Shinnie should not start another game for Hibs this season.

cmcd
04-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Laidlaw

Gray McGregor Fontaine Stevenson

McGinn Bartley Fyvie

Boyle Cummings Keatings

4-3-3 which can become a 4-5-1 when needed. Bartley needed in midfield to combat their usual physical play. Humphrey has done little since the United game and should be dropped. Shinnie should not start another game for Hibs this season.
In my humble opinion Holt should play

Pretty Boy
04-02-2017, 04:58 PM
Bartley and Cummings need to play. There's a case to be made for Holt as well.

Hanlon being out is a huge loss imo.

Hermit Crab
04-02-2017, 05:00 PM
Bartley and Cummings need to play. There's a case to be made for Holt as well.

Hanlon being out is a huge loss imo.

We toil without him big time.

Northernhibee
04-02-2017, 05:00 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
Daz
Fonts
Lewis

Bartley
Fyvie
McGinn
McGeouch

Holt
Jase

Subs: Ofir, Forster, Crane, Keatsy, Boyle, Graham, maybe Handling

spudhib
04-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Laidlaw
Forster McGregor Fonts
Gray McGeouch McGinn Bartley Stevenson
Cummings Holt

Brutal pitch get it up to holt and play off second balls

houstonhibbee
04-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
Daz
Fonts
Lewis

Bartley
Fyvie
McGinn
McGeouch

Holt
Jase

agree with team but would have Humphrey on the bench if fit

B.H.F.C
04-02-2017, 05:06 PM
Not been Holt's biggest fan but I'd be leaning towards playing him. I think we need to go and be physical and unsettle them.

I'd like McGeough in the team but with Fyvie and McGinn certainties to play I'm not sure where he'd fit in as I think Bartley will play.

Before today I'd have been thinking about going with the two wide players but Humphrey was that bad and disinterested today that I don't think you can even consider playing him in a game like this.

Marciano would be back in for me as well, if fit.

makaveli1875
04-02-2017, 05:07 PM
rocky if fit/laidlaw

mcgregor
fontaine
forster

gray
mcginn
bartley
mcgeouch
crane

holt
cummings

BoomtownHibees
04-02-2017, 05:08 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
Daz
Fonts
Lewis

Bartley
Fyvie
McGinn
McGeouch

Holt
Jase

That team for me but Marciano in goals, if fit, for me

Plus it leaves quite a gap between middle and front with no real "attacking" midfileder

Glory Lurker
04-02-2017, 05:12 PM
Oof. This thread's started the butterflies for next week. Put today behind us, we've got a squad that can end hearts' season. COME ON HIBS!!!!!

Smartie
04-02-2017, 05:18 PM
Laidlaw
Forster McGregor Fonts
Cummings Holt

I was going to pick this exact team and I was expecting to take pelters for it.

My reasoning -

We need strength and height for defending and attacking set pieces.

We need to match their athleticism.

In spite of the fact that he doesn't carry a great goal threat, we always look a much better team when Holt plays.

Cummings must play, and he loves a goal against them.

We can throw the pace on late in the game to exploit their ropey defence.

There is absolutely no way I would be playing Shinnie (probably not even from the bench) as he'll just be brushed aside by them.
I'd have liked to have seen Humphrey running at them but he didn't look like he fancied it today so I can't see him fancying the scrap of a derby.

Hibs331875
04-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Holt must start

miy00015
04-02-2017, 06:32 PM
I would go with the Diamond 4-4-2 or the 3-5-2, since the players seem more familiar with the systems. Hanlon will be a huge miss I think.

Would line up with Marciano, Gray, McGregor, Fontaine, Stevenson, Bartley, Fyvie, McGeouch, McGinn, Holt, Cummings.

If 3-5-2 Drop either McGeouch or Fyvie for Forster.

Sadly believe Shinnie is just a touch too slow in moving the ball around and Hibs need to make most of the ball when it gets to his position so would play McGinn there instead as he did when he came on against Dundee United.

The derby will be played at its usual 100mph and could balance on anything from a dodgy ref decision to a moment of magic (Looking at you Jase)

cleanyman
04-02-2017, 06:34 PM
Blood and thunder.

The only way Hibs will win is turning it into a physical battle. Holt starts.

Pretty Boy
04-02-2017, 06:37 PM
I'd be tempted to try and get Boyle in as well. Hearts press so high and leave so much space in behind I think his pace could be a valuable weapon. Maybe best as a sub though. If we had a better option I'd be looking to drop Fontaine out as well, as it is he's a better option than Forster.

Laidlaw

Gray
Fontaine
McGreggor
Stevenson

Bartley
McGeough
McGinn
Fyvie

Holt
Cummings

neil7908
04-02-2017, 06:40 PM
Laidlaw
Forster McGregor Fonts
Cummings Holt

Not a big 3-5-2 fan but think this might be the game for it. This is not a pitch or a game that will suit either Humphreys or Boyle (at least not from the start). Holt must play and if Bartley doesn't start I don't see much of a future for him as this should be the kind of game he thrives in.

I also think Mcgeough is a good call. With Bartley shielding the defence we need someone like Mcgeough to dictate the play.