PDA

View Full Version : Our squad vs their squad

H18 SFR
04-02-2017, 09:26 AM
We only have two non-British players in Rocky and Humphries. They are loaded with foreigners, I thought they were the shining light of player development?

HibsNutter
04-02-2017, 09:37 AM
Ayr have loads of Scottish players.

smithy_hibees
04-02-2017, 09:38 AM
All about Ayr..
Derby starts Sunday for me

lord bunberry
04-02-2017, 09:40 AM
Ayr have loads of Scottish players.
They're pish though.

Diclonius
04-02-2017, 09:58 AM
Not too bothered about the makeup of their squad - it's how we do against them that counts. Comparison between the ability of the players would be quite interesting though.

Goalkeepers: Laidlaw v Hamilton
Haven't seen a lot of Hamilton but I've heard he's pretty good. Laidlaw is also a solid keeper. Hearts probably edge it.

Defenders: Gray/McGregor/Fontaine/Stevenson vs Struna/Nowak/Hughes/Sowah
I've literally never heard of nor seen Hearts' entire back line before, so I can't make a comparison. Weren't they all signed during this window? Let in more than a few goals already and I'd imagine they're still finding each other's feet, so hopefully we can take advantage of that. Ours is settled and hopefully won't be bullied against them.

Midfielders: McGinn/McGeouch/Fyvie vs Walker/Cowie/Kitchen/Nicholson
Going to make a few predictions and assume we'll play a 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Humphrey and Keatings straddling defence and attack. Bartley could potentially replace McGeouch too. Hearts of course have the diving wonder (and admittedly very good player) Walker and his pal Nicholson. I know Cowie is a decent CM and Kitchen is supposedly the best thing since sliced bread, but I'm of the opinion that our midifield trio is one of the best in the country. Hearts probably win in width, we win in the centre.

Strikers: Humphrey/Cummings/Keatings vs Johnsen/Goncalves
Again, I'm assuming we're not going to play it long (hence Keatings instead of Holt) and will go on recent form (hence Keatings instead of Boyle). Johnsen I know has been pretty erratic since he signed, and up until they signed Goncalves I'd say we were pretty far ahead of them in attack. Goncalves looks to have made the difference v Rangers last night and if he's not a one game wonder then we'll be a lot more evenly matched up front. We do have Jason however who is basically guaranteed a goal against them.

Carheenlea
04-02-2017, 10:04 AM
I couldn't tell you anyone in the Hearts squad other than Jamie Walker, Sam Nicholson and that boy that looks like Rolf Harris that is out injured. Back in the bad old days of "22 in a row" I could pretty much reel off their whole squad. The same went for most of the top clubs in Scotland, but now I couldn't even name half the Scotland team!

-Jonesy-
04-02-2017, 10:08 AM
One keeper, 8 giant huddies and 2 diving cheats....nothing to fear

smithy_hibees
04-02-2017, 10:37 AM
All about Ayr..
Derby starts Sunday for me

SChibs
04-02-2017, 11:03 AM
Not too bothered about the makeup of their squad - it's how we do against them that counts. Comparison between the ability of the players would be quite interesting though.

Goalkeepers: Laidlaw v Hamilton
Haven't seen a lot of Hamilton but I've heard he's pretty good. Laidlaw is also a solid keeper. Hearts probably edge it.

Defenders: Gray/McGregor/Fontaine/Stevenson vs Struna/Nowak/Hughes/Sowah
I've literally never heard of nor seen Hearts' entire back line before, so I can't make a comparison. Weren't they all signed during this window? Let in more than a few goals already and I'd imagine they're still finding each other's feet, so hopefully we can take advantage of that. Ours is settled and hopefully won't be bullied against them.

Midfielders: McGinn/McGeouch/Fyvie vs Walker/Cowie/Kitchen/Nicholson
Going to make a few predictions and assume we'll play a 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Humphrey and Keatings straddling defence and attack. Bartley could potentially replace McGeouch too. Hearts of course have the diving wonder (and admittedly very good player) Walker and his pal Nicholson. I know Cowie is a decent CM and Kitchen is supposedly the best thing since sliced bread, but I'm of the opinion that our midifield trio is one of the best in the country. Hearts probably win in width, we win in the centre.

Strikers: Humphrey/Cummings/Keatings vs Johnsen/Goncalves
Again, I'm assuming we're not going to play it long (hence Keatings instead of Holt) and will go on recent form (hence Keatings instead of Boyle). Johnsen I know has been pretty erratic since he signed, and up until they signed Goncalves I'd say we were pretty far ahead of them in attack. Goncalves looks to have made the difference v Rangers last night and if he's not a one game wonder then we'll be a lot more evenly matched up front. We do have Jason however who is basically guaranteed a goal against them.

Struna I've been told is too good for hearts.
Sowah I've been told is a liability, bombs forward and gets caught out if position.
Both I heard from hearts fans.

I'd definitely play Humphrey to pin back sowah

wookie70
04-02-2017, 12:13 PM
I couldn't tell you anyone in the Hearts squad other than Jamie Walker, Sam Nicholson and that boy that looks like Rolf Harris that is out injured. Back in the bad old days of "22 in a row" I could pretty much reel off their whole squad. The same went for most of the top clubs in Scotland, but now I couldn't even name half the Scotland team!

I'm pretty much the same. I don't think I have ever been more interested in Hibs while at the same time less interested in football generally. My lad knows all the foreign players and EPL players and I would struggle outwith Messi, Ronaldo and Bale. Not too bad on the EPL as I still watch Match of the Day. I am watching Hearts today but only to see what we will be up against.

Eddie Burntool
04-02-2017, 04:09 PM
One keeper, 8 giant huddies and 2 diving cheats....nothing to fear

Also, Hamilton is terrible on high balls and not too great with his feet either - plenty of crosses, etc and he will flap. Achilles heel imo.