PDA

View Full Version : Ref for derby

olivebuzzer
03-02-2017, 10:47 PM
Just heard ref for derby is Thompson. I hope its a wind up,gonna be a tough game.What with the yams industrial approach & physicality. Also the amount of penalties/soft fouls awarded to them already this season. They diving gunts + Thompson is akin to starting 3 goals down before kick off. I hope our manager makes a point in media about having strong ref.

Mr White
03-02-2017, 10:52 PM
Seems a bit early to be decided yet tbh but I wouldn't be too bothered if it's him. He reffed last year's game at tynie quite well.

monktonharp
this must be a windup!! don't know when the ref is normally announced for games, but cant see the sfa giving it to him, again and again

Carheenlea
He's not been too bad for us in recent years, and he was no hinderance in the tie last season..

StevieT
03-02-2017, 10:54 PM
There's nothing on the SFA website yet so doubt it's true. That doesn't mean it won't happen though.

Not In The Know
03-02-2017, 10:54 PM
Seems a bit early to be decided yet tbh but I wouldn't be too bothered if it's him. He reffed last year's game at tynie quite well.

while not to blame for the cup final defeat against them he had a a significant hand in it. Cheating he#%^s pr1ck

Alex Trager
03-02-2017, 10:55 PM

^ all of this

Glory Lurker
03-02-2017, 10:56 PM
Odour? Just me?

Mr White
03-02-2017, 10:56 PM
while not to blame for the cup final defeat against them he had a a significant hand in it. Cheating he#%^s pr1ck

He did. He's been ok since though, including last years cup game. There are worse options than him imo.

Sir David Gray
03-02-2017, 10:58 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. The Edinburgh Derby's only going to be reffed by a handful of officials and he's one of them.

northstandhibby
03-02-2017, 11:00 PM
The SFA know appointing Thompson is a volatile subject as to his constant bias for the Yams in the cup that never was due to the Yams being controlled by a money laundering criminal piling up debt on players they obviously couldn't afford which was later proven when they stiffed a bunch of creditors and put into administration and really should have been wound up.

But then when did the SFA care about fair play and a level playing field where Hibernian are concerned. They have a Hunyam mentality.

Would rather they avoided controversy over the referee appointment but hey ho that's the SFA for you if Yam Thompson is appointed.

glory glory

Eyrie
03-02-2017, 11:08 PM
The Yams spreading that rumour is proof that they're terrified about next week's game and are desperate for any positive they can find/invent.

southsider
03-02-2017, 11:09 PM
He did. He's been ok since though, including last years cup game. There are worse options than him imo.

Did OK in cup game last year. Just b4 XMcGinn took corner for Hanlons goal. He blew about pushing. I thought he was a cert to blow for foul but let things go & Paul scored. Give them another chance but KT cleared on line. The rest, my friends, is history.

SANH 1875
03-02-2017, 11:15 PM
CT is a St.Mirren fan with no leanings or soft spot towards hearts and is not anti hibs. He made poor decisions in that Cup final which were hard to swallow but has no leanings or soft spot towards hearts or any anti hibs agenda. Time we dropped this persecution crap, we sound like Celtic of old moaning about agendas and blaming refs. Not defending him, I don't know him personally but I know someone who does and he's told me on many occasions that CT is aware of what hibs fans think but is just as pissed off thinking that hearts fans think he is on their side in any way. End of the day if we play well we'll win the Derby, if we don't we won't.

northstandhibby
03-02-2017, 11:27 PM
CT is a St.Mirren fan with no leanings or soft spot towards hearts and is not anti hibs. He made poor decisions in that Cup final which were hard to swallow but has no leanings or soft spot towards hearts or any anti hibs agenda. Time we dropped this persecution crap, we sound like Celtic of old moaning about agendas and blaming refs. Not defending him, I don't know him personally but I know someone who does and he's told me on many occasions that CT is aware of what hibs fans think but is just as pissed off thinking that hearts fans think he is on their side in any way. End of the day if we play well we'll win the Derby, if we don't we won't.

Personally I thing this is a load of keech. No st mirren fan would have been so biased in the never was cup game against the Yams in 2012. The bias was off the scale by Yam Thompson.

glory glory

olivebuzzer
03-02-2017, 11:29 PM
Odour? Just me?

aye, just you.Nose too near your arse.

kaimendhibs
03-02-2017, 11:32 PM
Dont trust him but was fine last time we played that mob

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

mcfly
03-02-2017, 11:33 PM
Just heard ref for derby is Thompson. I hope its a wind up,gonna be a tough game.What with the yams industrial approach & physicality. Also the amount of penalties/soft fouls awarded to them already this season. They diving gunts + Thompson is akin to starting 3 goals down before kick off. I hope our manager makes a point in media about having strong ref.

Where did you hear this?? Nothing on SFA website

SANH 1875
03-02-2017, 11:37 PM
Incompetence in that cup final doesn't mean he's biased, just means he had a mare and we suffered for it. We were every bit as incompetent on the day. Just think we should be focussing on what we're going to do and not who the ref is. Plenty other refs have given poor decisions against hibs, but so has every team in Scotland.

northstandhibby
03-02-2017, 11:42 PM
Incompetence in that cup final doesn't mean he's biased, just means he had a mare and we suffered for it. We were every bit as incompetent on the day. Just think we should be focussing on what we're going to do and not who the ref is. Plenty other refs have given poor decisions against hibs, but so has every team in Scotland.

What makes you so certain he had a 'mare' and it wasn't outright bias for the Yams as it certainly looked that way to me? but you give him the benefit of the doubt.

It appeared obvious to me he was biased towards the Yams that day.

glory glory

hibsbollah
03-02-2017, 11:42 PM

His stats when reffing Hibs and reffing Hertz are spectacularly different and remain so over a long period of time. Mattyf has the stats iirc. Too stark to be a coincidence imo, man's à cheat.

Glory Lurker
03-02-2017, 11:44 PM
aye, just you.Nose too near your arse.

Not sure I could do that, given I've got a bad back.

As someone else has already asked - what's your source?

Scott Allan Key
03-02-2017, 11:56 PM
His stats when reffing Hibs and reffing Hertz are spectacularly different and remain so over a long period of time. Mattyf has the stats iirc. Too stark to be a coincidence imo, man's à cheat.

I've always wondered if Hibs are/were simply the green team it's okay to treat poorly given Celtc's comparable influence. A lot of prejudice in Scotland is ingrained traditions. Would like us to be less quiet as club about sectarianism as societal problem generally, as we may suffer from false assumptions about the core of our support.

Danderhall Hibs
04-02-2017, 12:01 AM
I heard it's Dougie McDonald?

The Green Goblin
04-02-2017, 12:45 AM

Source?

olivebuzzer
04-02-2017, 01:21 AM
[QUOTE=Glory Lurker;4931774]Not sure I could do that, given I've got a bad back.

As someone else has already asked - what's your source?[/QUOT
You could do it if you have a long nose + large ass + poor toilet hygiene. sympathy regards bad back mate. Been there got the t-shirt. Just heard from nephew it was that **** that was ref. I hope he is wrong, but he a good hibby who has been reliable in the past. Im not tryin to start false posts, just sayin what I been told. I hope it a load ****. like I said in first post just what I had been told and was hoping its wrong. I realy wanted conformation on here it wasn't gonna be him. BTW followed hibsnet for years & only posted cos o plea last week asking where are you hibs netters ? I will continue to follow hibsnet, but doubt il post again .As fellow hibby I hope your back is better than mine,widnae wish my health on a jambo. Over and out, no wonder folk dont post. No heard fi you before, you must be jambo ?

NAE NOOKIE
04-02-2017, 01:32 AM
If Thomson wasn't biased in the 2012 final he was at the very least incompetent, with every mistake he made favouring the Yams .... its undeniable he did OK at the PBS the last time out, but if it is him I would rather it wasn't, I just don't want him near any of our games.

GreenLake
04-02-2017, 02:30 AM
John Beaton makes Thompson look like PierLuigi Collina.

Libby Hibby
04-02-2017, 04:39 AM
It doesn't bother me who is ref but Willie Collin would wynd them up big style.

If I had the choice, Bobby Madden or Steve McLean would do a fair, honest and accountable job.

hibbysam
04-02-2017, 07:51 AM
John Beaton makes Thompson look like PierLuigi Collina.

I certainly hope it's not Beaton as he seems to give Walker a penalty every time he enters the penalty box.

andyf5
04-02-2017, 08:16 AM

He's not. I did the stats too and here they are https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tvCc6oHXetXa5qyy-WQJCE7t2ErQWZIoFbj3DKU9nns/edit?usp=sharing

He is card happy and sometimes incompetent. Did well last year.

Carheenlea
04-02-2017, 08:20 AM
It doesn't matter who the referee is next week as we are tanking Hearts out the Cup regardless.

Moody Blues
04-02-2017, 08:30 AM

This...Total despicable cheat of a man who played a large part in making the 1-5 final one of the worst days in our history.
Cant be bothered with the folk who state that " he has been fair to us since then"
He should have lost his job after that display of cheating,

hibsbollah
04-02-2017, 08:36 AM
He's not. I did the stats too and here they are https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tvCc6oHXetXa5qyy-WQJCE7t2ErQWZIoFbj3DKU9nns/edit?usp=sharing

Those stats tell you the average yellows and reds he gives out every game he refs over two seasons. Which tells you nothing about whether he's biased or not.

Look at his stats in games involving both Edinburgh sides over his entire career, reds yellows pens and eventual outcome of game.

Carheenlea
04-02-2017, 08:39 AM
This...Total despicable cheat of a man who played a large part in making the 1-5 final one of the worst days in our history.
Cant be bothered with the folk who state that " he has been fair to us since then"
He should have lost his job after that display of cheating,

I was over that game by time I hit my bed that night. Haven't seen the goals again or even seen Hearts lifting the cup. Don't see the point in dwelling on such things. We moved on and enjoyed the greatest of all Scottish wins last year, and I'll dwell on that for the the rest of my days.

Albanian Hibs
04-02-2017, 09:09 AM
There's some stench coming from this thread...🙄

green.oracle
04-02-2017, 09:15 AM

But it is not just that day as you make out. Several others over a long period o time. Dunfy semi final 2007, fletcher ordering off v them 2009, pem at pittodrie 2011 for pawletts dive (who is l8r sent off, appeal upheld then gets 2 game ban for diving) to name but a few.
No doubting he is incompetent. That is second to his anti Hibs bias
Last year, could easily sent off a couple of yams after they had been booked. Fven robbie replay knew to sub just in case.

Rant over

Scouse Hibee
04-02-2017, 09:17 AM
The usual let's worry about the ref against Hertz thread! It doesn't matter who it is.

jeffers
04-02-2017, 09:26 AM
The usual let's worry about the ref against Hertz thread! It doesn't matter who it is.

Unfortunately it does. When it comes to dubious decisions more often than not it is Hearts who get them not us. How many times recently did they have a player retrospectively red carded against us or the goal Leigh Griffiths scored against them that none of the officials coud see, or Jordan Foster's "offside" goal ?

JimBHibees
04-02-2017, 09:42 AM

If he is that paragon of neutrality please tell me one significant decision he has ever given our club.

mcfly
04-02-2017, 09:43 AM
[QUOTE=Glory Lurker;4931774]Not sure I could do that, given I've got a bad back.

You could do it if you have a long nose + large ass + poor toilet hygiene. sympathy regards bad back mate. Been there got the t-shirt. Just heard from nephew it was that **** that was ref. I hope he is wrong, but he a good hibby who has been reliable in the past. Im not tryin to start false posts, just sayin what I been told. I hope it a load ****. like I said in first post just what I had been told and was hoping its wrong. I realy wanted conformation on here it wasn't gonna be him. BTW followed hibsnet for years & only posted cos o plea last week asking where are you hibs netters ? I will continue to follow hibsnet, but doubt il post again .As fellow hibby I hope your back is better than mine,widnae wish my health on a jambo. Over and out, no wonder folk dont post. No heard fi you before, you must be jambo ?

This poster is making things up. He has no source.

Delete this thread as it's a load of rubbish

JimBHibees
04-02-2017, 09:51 AM
Personally I thing this is a load of keech. No st mirren fan would have been so biased in the never was cup game against the Yams in 2012. The bias was off the scale by Yam Thompson.

glory glory

Actually if he was a St Mirren fan he would have had more reason to detest Hearts given they were beaten to signing Craig Beattie earlier in the season who then when unpaid helped knock Saints out.

JimBHibees
04-02-2017, 09:56 AM

Of course they numbers don't show who got the cards. Pretty sure the stats on this site showed Hibs got more cards than other teams while opposition got less cards against Hibs. We got less pens than anyone opposition got more pens against Hibs.

northstandhibby
04-02-2017, 10:08 AM
Actually if he was a St Mirren fan he would have had more reason to detest Hearts given they were beaten to signing Craig Beattie earlier in the season who then when unpaid helped knock Saints out.

Exactly.

From the first minute until the last Yam Thompson gave them everything he could to ensure the Yams won in the never was cup. It was without a doubt the never was cup due to the criminally paid for Yams squad by fugitive on the run Romanov who is wanted for outstanding crimes in Lithuania.

When we won our holy grail last year it was done without help from refs or financial criminality.

glory glory

Smartie
04-02-2017, 10:10 AM
If he is that paragon of neutrality please tell me one significant decision he has ever given our club.

Disallowed Rudi Skacel's clearly onside goal late in a game for Dundee United at Easter Road?

mcfly
04-02-2017, 10:15 AM
We are just sounding paranoid.

Surely if our team turns up, plays well we will get a positive result

Forget who the ref is. Won't matter if we play well

JimBHibees
04-02-2017, 10:16 AM
Disallowed Rudi Skacel's clearly onside goal late in a game for Dundee United at Easter Road?

Linesmans decision.

Glory Lurker
04-02-2017, 10:20 AM

Sorry, chief. Don't let slavers like me put you off. Keep posting.

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Attack them from the first minute and it won't matter a jot who the ref is. Defensively they're murder so we need a high intensity and they'll not be able to cope.

We no longer have a soft spine and have great options and drive going forward

One Day Soon
04-02-2017, 12:10 PM
A thread so utterly honking that it might as well be: wearing a yellow cardigan, calling itself the 'Famous', stealing money from poppy funds, polishing its Rover, polishing its helmet, licking its windows, handing its money over to (not) own its own club, trying to re-invent its catastrophically destroyed song book, trying to come to terms with what is now widely acknowledged as the most epic, romantic and joyful Scottish Cup win of all time delivered by Hibernian FC and spending all its time trying to re-invent both arithmetic and mathematics to make a stadium with a smaller capacity somehow add up to a number bigger than Easter Road while also trying to reinvent FIFA/UEFA rules on pitch length compliance.

If that club was a human being it would be a sad 55 year old single guy living in a house on a Baberton estate spending his time obsessively on line looking for a girlfriend while trying to persuade himself and everyone else that he lives in Barnton.

"I'm really famous love - people know me, I've been places. I'm really big down there too, honest. Bigger than the guy next door. I only went bankrupt that one time. I'll own the house completely in 10 years time once I've finished paying off the mortgage by giving my money instead to this fund that's using it to rebuild the garage. Don't believe the rumours about me living with that Lithuanian guy in the past. I live at number 51, I've got a massive 5 and 1 on my front wall. I've got 400,000 friends on Yambook. My grandad won the war single handed. I've got a Rover and everything. I'm still a virgin."

Smartie
04-02-2017, 12:16 PM
A thread so utterly honking that it might as well be: wearing a yellow cardigan, calling itself the 'Famous', stealing money from poppy funds, polishing its Rover, polishing its helmet, licking its windows, handing its money over to (not) own its own club, trying to re-invent its catastrophically destroyed song book, trying to come to terms with what is now widely acknowledged as the most epic, romantic and joyful Scottish Cup win of all time delivered by Hibernian FC and spending all its time trying to re-invent both arithmetic and mathematics to make a stadium with a smaller capacity somehow add up to a number bigger than Easter Road while also trying to reinvent FIFA/UEFA rules on pitch length compliance.

If that club was a human being it would be a sad 55 year old single guy living in a house on a Baberton estate spending his time obsessively on line looking for a girlfriend while trying to persuade himself and everyone else that he lives in Barnton.

"I'm really famous love - people know me, I've been places. I'm really big down there too, honest. Bigger than the guy next door. I only went bankrupt that one time. I'll own the house completely in 10 years time once I've finished paying off the mortgage by giving my money instead to this fund that's using it to rebuild the garage. Don't believe the rumours about me living with that Lithuanian guy in the past. I live at number 51, I've got a massive 5 and 1 on my front wall. I've got 400,000 friends on Yambook. My grandad won the war single handed. I've got a Rover and everything. I'm still a virgin."

Is this a quote from the new book "The tragic love chronicles of the sisterless Jambo."?

Jack Hackett
04-02-2017, 12:36 PM

Given that at the time Beattie signed, hertz's problems paying their players was common knowledge, I have always suspected that he insisted on/was paid, the full amount of his short contract up front as a condition of signing. iirc, non-payments became a regular occurrence immediately after he signed, which would have been understandable if they had given him a lump sum, leaving them short of readies.

Pretty Boy
04-02-2017, 12:38 PM
He was fine in the cup game last year.

Steve McLean would be my choice though. Best ref we have by a distance.

Scouse Hibee
04-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Unfortunately it does. When it comes to dubious decisions more often than not it is Hearts who get them not us. How many times recently did they have a player retrospectively red carded against us or the goal Leigh Griffiths scored against them that none of the officials coud see, or Jordan Foster's "offside" goal ?

Rubbish, just concentrate on the team and forget all this conspiracy crap surrounding who the ref will be every time we play them. It's tiresome and reeks of an excuse. Never known a support like it for worrying for about referees.

Smartie
04-02-2017, 02:43 PM
Linesmans decision.

Ok, how about the time he didn't overrule his linesman who gave offside when Skacel was clearly onside?

andyf5
04-02-2017, 04:04 PM
Of course they numbers don't show who got the cards. Pretty sure the stats on this site showed Hibs got more cards than other teams while opposition got less cards against Hibs. We got less pens than anyone opposition got more pens against Hibs.

Hibs actually got less cards from him than Hearts. What is true is he gave hibs more cards than any other ref but he does that to all teams.