PDA

View Full Version : Request for information - Youth Football/Tournaments in Scotland

HibeesLA
03-02-2017, 07:22 PM
Admins, I hope that you'll permit me to post the following questions regarding some help with information for tournaments or games for 13/14 year old players in Scotland and/or England. I'm hoping that someone on the board may be able to help. Some details:

I am involved with the American Youth Soccer Organization in Santa Monica, both as a Parent and Administrator. We have a recreational team of 13 and 14-year-old boys that we are looking to take abroad, and one option is to Scotland and/or England.

We would like to start the trip sometime between June 10 and June 20, staying for between 7 and 10 days.

I would describe our team as "recreational" as they are of mid-level ability. We are not a higher-level "development" or "academy" team - teams that draw the best players from a whole city or region. Questions for those that may be involved in youth football:

1) Are there any football tournaments for recreational teams that are during this period that a team of 13 and 14 year-old-boys could play in?

2) Are there any youth football organizations that we may be able to contact for assistance? We'd like to play a few football games against similar teams and have the opportunity for the players to meet each other and learn about each others’ countries - and possibly participate in a one or two night homestay.

More than happy to receive any responses/questions by PM. If anyone has contacts at the club as well, would love to understand if it would be possible to take the players to the training centre to gain experience of a professional club.

Many thanks to all.
Stephen

Ozyhibby
03-02-2017, 07:39 PM
Contact these guys might be your best bet.
http://www.youthfootballscotland.co.uk/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canon Hannan
03-02-2017, 07:59 PM
Admins, I hope that you'll permit me to post the following questions regarding some help with information for tournaments or games for 13/14 year old players in Scotland and/or England. I'm hoping that someone on the board may be able to help. Some details:

I am involved with the American Youth Soccer Organization in Santa Monica, both as a Parent and Administrator. We have a recreational team of 13 and 14-year-old boys that we are looking to take abroad, and one option is to Scotland and/or England.

We would like to start the trip sometime between June 10 and June 20, staying for between 7 and 10 days.

I would describe our team as "recreational" as they are of mid-level ability. We are not a higher-level "development" or "academy" team - teams that draw the best players from a whole city or region. Questions for those that may be involved in youth football:

1) Are there any football tournaments for recreational teams that are during this period that a team of 13 and 14 year-old-boys could play in?

2) Are there any youth football organizations that we may be able to contact for assistance? We'd like to play a few football games against similar teams and have the opportunity for the players to meet each other and learn about each others’ countries - and possibly participate in a one or two night homestay.

More than happy to receive any responses/questions by PM. If anyone has contacts at the club as well, would love to understand if it would be possible to take the players to the training centre to gain experience of a professional club.

Many thanks to all.
Stephen

Hi Stephen
My son played in tournaments in Scotland for Hibs, Hutchie Vale and the school and in France and Italy with Nice and Monaco. Personally, I would take the boys to Italy if you can. Their tournaments are full of fanfair and good food and people. In France and Italy they are big on tournaments and love foreign teams to be part of them. They can last 2-3 days or even a week! It's a good age 13-14 to have fun too before the seriousness kicks in later 🙏👍😎

HibeesLA
03-02-2017, 08:12 PM
Hi Stephen
My son played in tournaments in Scotland for Hibs, Hutchie Vale and the school and in France and Italy with Nice and Monaco. Personally, I would take the boys to Italy if you can. Their tournaments are full of fanfair and good food and people. In France and Italy they are big on tournaments and love foreign teams to be part of them. They can last 2-3 days or even a week! It's a good age 13-14 to have fun too before the seriousness kicks in later 🙏👍😎

Hi Canon, we've been looking at various places between the team, but I think our dates are proving to be a bit difficult as most things we've found tend to be in July. We have pretty good links with Japan as well, so we may end up going that direction, but we'll see how it goes. Appreciate the information, and Ozy, I'll keep trying Youth Football Scotland. Their online contact form wasn't working just now.