PDA

View Full Version : Forged Tickets

Tamhere1875
03-02-2017, 12:20 PM
I see the unwashed had problems with forged tickets in the away end the other night. A few turned away who had legitimate tickets.

Eddie Burntool
03-02-2017, 12:31 PM
Sevco ********s trying the old 'photocopy the barcode' trick again. ****bags.

GreenArmyyy!
03-02-2017, 12:32 PM
Shame.... would have been better for as many of them as possible to see their team get pumped.

Salt N Sauzee
03-02-2017, 12:34 PM
I see the unwashed had problems with forged tickets in the away end the other night. A few turned away who had legitimate tickets.

There'll be a riot if this happens next weekend.

GreenLake
03-02-2017, 12:57 PM
There'll be a riot if this happens next weekend.

The barcode security technology is excellent protection for almost everyone. I feel sympathy for anyone who has bought an invalid ticket but the last place anger should be directed is the staff who turn them away. Whoever sold them the ticket is to blame 100% and if any less then the difference is against the purchaser who bought from a risky individual.

Santa Cruz
03-02-2017, 01:06 PM
If someone gets in with a forged barcode does that mean that the person with the same barcode on a legit ticket won't get in

Ozyhibby
03-02-2017, 01:08 PM
Do they use barcode tech at Tynecastle yet?
This is the 2nd time it has happened there. They need to get their act together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddie Burntool
03-02-2017, 01:11 PM
If someone gets in with a forged barcode does that mean that the person with the same barcode on a legit ticket won't get in

Yep. So somebody's been at it in the ticket office, obtaining a copy of the barcodes, selling them on in the form of a counterfeit ticket (whilst probably advising the purchaser to make sure they turn up early). Absolute filth.

Billy Whizz
03-02-2017, 01:12 PM
Do they use barcode tech at Tynecastle yet?
This is the 2nd time it has happened there. They need to get their act together.

Over the years I've known quite a few hibs fans who haven't been allowed in, as the stewards at the gate had said the ticket had already been used that day

SteveHFC
03-02-2017, 01:15 PM

barcodes usually only work once so when its been scanned its nulled meaning if you are unlucky to have genuine you wont get in, however I just checked our 6 and last 5/6 numbers are random so you would need to be pretty lucky to guess a number either that or you directly copy a barcode

Ozyhibby
03-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Over the years I've known quite a few hibs fans who haven't been allowed in, as the stewards at the gate had said the ticket had already been used that day

Wonder if they are selling more tickets than they have seats? Nice little earner.

greenlex
03-02-2017, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't put it past thick fans photocopying barcodes thinking both would get in.

givescotlandfreedom
03-02-2017, 04:16 PM
I think you could even just take a photo of a valid ticket on your phone and the scanner won't know the difference. If I mind right though at the Bonnyrigg game there was a person at each of the turnstiles anyway so that could stop it.

High-On-Hibs
03-02-2017, 04:27 PM
That's the problem with the barcode technology. The barcode can be copied with almost perfect precision. Of course the person copying the barcode would need the original to begin with. As soon as they scan through either barcode, the other one would automatically be rejected by the system as it will not allow for duplication.

Santa Cruz
03-02-2017, 04:29 PM
Could be a scam in there for our print at home tickets. Mines didn't let me through at the Utd game, I don't think I pushed the turnstile hard enough. The steward let me in the fire exit no problem.

HappyAsHellas
03-02-2017, 05:01 PM
I imagine that nowadays copying a ticket is simplicity itself - run it through a scanner and as long as the barcode scans correctly it will work. The downside of course is the original wont, if used after the copy. Low lifes that would do this and sell on to an unsuspecting fan though.

Hermit Crab
03-02-2017, 05:09 PM
This has happened a lot with concert tickets purchased from viagogo and sites like that.