PDA

View Full Version : NHC. Gate-Gate with Ross McCormack

Viva_Palmeiras
03-02-2017, 07:40 AM
Sorry don't give a stuff about English football so handnt seen this.
In today's Metro "Ross moved 'to rebuild confidence'"

Forward axed from 1st team squad ..: after failing to turn up to training because 'his gates were stuck'

Presumably not got any mates or lost his phone with taxi numbers...

What other factors were there?

"I was supposed to go in to training but when the guys finished up it was 4pm I called the club and they said not to bother."

They must be some gates. If they were security gates why not mention? Surely in fixing security gates the firm would need to ensure integrity.

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2017, 07:57 AM
Sorry don't give a stuff about English football so handnt seen this.
In today's Metro "Ross moved 'to rebuild confidence'"

Forward axed from 1st team squad ..: after failing to turn up to training because 'his gates were stuck'

Presumably not got any mates or lost his phone with taxi numbers...

What other factors were there?

"I was supposed to go in to training but when the guys finished up it was 4pm I called the club and they said not to bother."

They must be some gates. If they were security gates why not mention? Surely in fixing security gates the firm would need to ensure integrity.
The story is that Steve Bruce, on hearing RM'S excuse, went to his house, and climbed over the gates. One wonders why RM couldn't have done the same to get to training.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
03-02-2017, 08:11 AM
I heard him on five live yesterday trying to defend himself by attacking the media coverage and failing miserably. He comes across as a total idiot. He's been benched by consecutive managers for lack of effort and not turning up for training so it's not an isolated incident. Shame because he's obviously got loads of talent.

hibee-boys
03-02-2017, 11:27 AM
Perhaps explains why Strachan has not been that fussed on him joining the Scottish set up that often.

JimBHibees
03-02-2017, 11:32 AM
Perhaps explains why Strachan has not been that fussed on him joining the Scottish set up that often.

No perhaps about it I think. Some footballers really dont appreciate what they have got. I couldnt make training because my security gates werent working dear oh dear.

Andy74
03-02-2017, 11:42 AM
In theory if he has high enough walls and an electric gate that was stuck shut then there's not much he can do?

He did say that he thought trying to scale the walls just to get himself out would have risked doing an ankle or something which is obviously not good for a footballer.

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2017, 11:47 AM
In theory if he has high enough walls and an electric gate that was stuck shut then there's not much he can do?

He did say that he thought trying to scale the walls just to get himself out would have risked doing an ankle or something which is obviously not good for a footballer.
Steve Bruce managed it, apparently 😁

Andy74
03-02-2017, 12:30 PM
Steve Bruce managed it, apparently 😁

Apparently not - he drove by but didn't get out the car.

matty_f
03-02-2017, 12:35 PM
I think if he's at the point where he's prepared to use a stuck gate as an excuse to not go into work, then there's probably a deeper issue behind it. I think of folk I've worked with over the years who have taken days off for increasingly spurious reasons and a lot of the time (in fact, in the majority of cases) there has been a mental health issue at the heart of it at varying levels of seriousness.

There would be a reason that McCormack didn't want to go to work, and whatever was bothering him was obviously greater than the motivation to get over the wall and go in.

Without understanding why he didn't make the effort, I think it's wrong to jump to conclusions and hang him out to dry for it. For that reason, I thought it was really bad for Bruce to call him out for it so publically. If McCormack is stressed/depressed/anxious or any of the other things that can affect people, the last thing he needs is heat for missing training.

Fergos
03-02-2017, 12:40 PM
No sane person will give the lad a hiding place on this one.

Surely he could have pre empted all of this by calling the club to let them know the issue, take photos if needed and make a case so they know it's a genuine issue. That's what Mr Normal (who lives behind his ha ha wall) would do surely......Steve Bruce is a good enough judge I'd imagine to know whether he's yanking his chain or otherwise.

Sad indictment of today's game, Strachan gets it tight on a lot of things, and rightly so, but on this one he's bang on correct.

GGTTH

silverhibee
03-02-2017, 12:41 PM

This is seemingly not the 1st time he has missed training and Bruce had enough of it.

"The latest excuse was that his gates had stuck but he couldn’t jump over a fence that was four feet six inches high."

Peevemor
03-02-2017, 12:43 PM
I think if he's at the point where he's prepared to use a stuck gate as an excuse to not go into work, then there's probably a deeper issue behind it. I think of folk I've worked with over the years who have taken days off for increasingly spurious reasons and a lot of the time (in fact, in the majority of cases) there has been a mental health issue at the heart of it at varying levels of seriousness.

There would be a reason that McCormack didn't want to go to work, and whatever was bothering him was obviously greater than the motivation to get over the wall and go in.

Without understanding why he didn't make the effort, I think it's wrong to jump to conclusions and hang him out to dry for it. For that reason, I thought it was really bad for Bruce to call him out for it so publically. If McCormack is stressed/depressed/anxious or any of the other things that can affect people, the last thing he needs is heat for missing training.

...or maybe he just couldn't be arsed!

silverhibee
03-02-2017, 12:47 PM
No perhaps about it I think. Some footballers really dont appreciate what they have got. I couldnt make training because my security gates werent working dear oh dear.

McCormack could have scored 30 goals this season and still wouldn't have got in the Scotland squad, something to do with a agent from Glasgow that was involved in the transfer deal, the same agent who had rented his house out and it was Strachan that rented it, once Strachan found out who the house belonged to he moved out straight away.

matty_f
03-02-2017, 12:58 PM
...or maybe he just couldn't be arsed!

:greengrin

Maybe, but there'll be a reason why...

Swedish hibee
03-02-2017, 01:03 PM
He was on talksport trying to justify his pathetic actions. I was laughing during it, but would be raging if was a Villa fan. What a fool.

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2017, 01:05 PM
Apparently not - he drove by but didn't get out the car.
Ach. Don't sully a legend with facts. [emoji13]

GreenLake
03-02-2017, 01:09 PM
We need his address to check google satellite image and see if there was another gate he could walk out of. Uber or a taxi would have got him there. This smacks of truancy.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-02-2017, 01:11 PM
The story is that Steve Bruce, on hearing RM'S excuse, went to his house, and climbed over the gates. One wonders why RM couldn't have done the same to get to training.

If Steve Bruce has climbed over the gates then they will need fixed again and RM will miss more training?

nellio
03-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Acted like an @rse at Cardiff as well.

We signed him from Motherwell and was playing really well. Scored a fair few goals. He heard that a few premier league clubs were interested in him then handed in a transfer request and refused to play.

No one bid for him and he was anonymous the rest of that season pretty much. Flogged him to Leeds in the summer and then he went and got done for drink driving so ended up advertising in the paper for a chauffer to take him to training every day.

w pilton hibby
03-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Acted like an @rse at Cardiff as well.

We signed him from Motherwell and was playing really well. Scored a fair few goals. He heard that a few premier league clubs were interested in him then handed in a transfer request and refused to play.

No one bid for him and he was anonymous the rest of that season pretty much. Flogged him to Leeds in the summer and then he went and got done for drink driving so ended up advertising in the paper for a chauffer to take him to training every day.

I'm sure there was chat about him going back to Fulham in the last window but the Fulham players told the Manager that they didn't want him as he was a disruptive influence in the team.

Dunbar Hibee
03-02-2017, 01:44 PM

Good post and I agree.

WeeRussell
03-02-2017, 01:52 PM
:greengrin

Maybe, but there'll be a reason why...

Maybe. But I see it as equally as presumptuous to put it down to mental illness, as it is to have a go at him for not being arsed.

Salt N Sauzee
03-02-2017, 01:56 PM
Typical hun. Guy's a bell-end.

JimBHibees
03-02-2017, 05:09 PM

Where does he stay Wormwood Scrubs. :greengrin

Andy74
03-02-2017, 05:31 PM
Where does he stay Wormwood Scrubs. :greengrin

I'm sure there used to be some Rebel song Celtic fans used to sign about Over the Wall. Presumably about a prisoner escape. Maybe his fans should consider?

High-On-Hibs
03-02-2017, 05:36 PM

Agree with this. It's a shame that people are still quick to put people down when they have no idea what may be going on behind the scenes in that persons life, or inside their own mind.

Whether you're a hot shot football player or somebody working in the office, just trying to make ends meet. Anybody can find themselves in a rut.