PDA

View Full Version : Anthony stokes

Earlydelivery
02-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Lennon in daily record saying we were very very close to getting stokes .
just ran out of time ,said club did everything they could to get it over line .

Babyshamble
02-02-2017, 10:44 PM

Journo on twiiter said Blackburn wanted us to pay £4K a week for his wages.

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2017, 06:03 AM
We did everything we could except match the money they wanted. Thats fair enough, we have a budget.

Some will say we need to splash out, others will say we can't afford to.

macca70
03-02-2017, 06:20 AM
Everything we could apart from start the process a bit earlier in the transfer window and we left it last minute.

TrinityHibs
03-02-2017, 06:24 AM
Everything we could apart from start the process a bit earlier in the transfer window and we left it last minute.

How do you know that?

J-C
03-02-2017, 06:53 AM

What nonsense, we only found out his availability at the end of the window as Blackburn had brought in 2 players, Stokes wasn't a priority and would have been an added extra, that's why we didn't splash the cash for him.

chinaman
03-02-2017, 07:07 AM
You actually read that lying,hibs hating rag ?

The Harp Awakes
03-02-2017, 07:08 AM
AS will sign for us at the end of the season and put Premier league defences to the sword next term:not worth:not worth

BoltonHibee
03-02-2017, 07:26 AM
What nonsense, we only found out his availability at the end of the window as Blackburn had brought in 2 players, Stokes wasn't a priority and would have been an added extra, that's why we didn't splash the cash for him.

Hibs were " offered" Stokes last Thursday

DH1875
03-02-2017, 07:36 AM
Would have been good to see him back but at 4k a week, its an expense we can live without.

Moody Blues
03-02-2017, 07:44 AM
Would have been good to see him back but at 4k a week, its an expense we can live without.

And is he really that much better than who we already have to push us on towards the finish line.
I feel that Keating's does a great job for us and is maybe a bit undervalued...just my opinion though.

jeffers
03-02-2017, 07:55 AM
So what was the reason, money or time ? Conflicting reports in this thread.

Iain G
03-02-2017, 08:03 AM

And we were probably looking at other options at the time, maybe they didn't think they would need Stokes if something else came off, or simply didn't want to pay the % of wages required? :confused:

There are lots of reasons why this maybe didn't happen and yet some folks as always are happy to jump up and down and criticise the club, using nothing but gossip and rumour for the foundation of any criticism, for the hell of it.

Callum_62
03-02-2017, 08:14 AM
Very very close to winning the league too..... :wink:

Captain Trips
03-02-2017, 09:06 AM
I think if there was 1 or 2pts between us and 2nd we may have seen a different transfer window for us and probably Dundee Utd. Bringing in say 2 loans including wages and any loan fees would like have seen us spending close to 6 figures (2xplayers on 2k pw for 15 weeks = 60k + fees etc)

I am quite happy for all monies to be used for next season in the SPL were we can attract probably a better calibre of player and maybe put money into keeping some players already here. This team should be more than capable of going up as winners.

JimBHibees
03-02-2017, 09:35 AM
I think if there was 1 or 2pts between us and 2nd we may have seen a different transfer window for us and probably Dundee Utd. Bringing in say 2 loans including wages and any loan fees would like have seen us spending close to 6 figures (2xplayers on 2k pw for 15 weeks = 60k + fees etc)

I am quite happy for all monies to be used for next season in the SPL were we can attract probably a better calibre of player and maybe put money into keeping some players already here. This team should be more than capable of going up as winners.

I think you are right and also I think it is significant that United didnt put the boat out in January also. Lost Obadeyi and Smith and brought in a loan winger. Not to say they cant bring in free agents however I think they are being cautious with finances if they dont go up this year.

hibs0666
03-02-2017, 09:38 AM

False news/lie?

BoltonHibee
03-02-2017, 10:25 AM
And we were probably looking at other options at the time, maybe they didn't think they would need Stokes if something else came off, or simply didn't want to pay the % of wages required? :confused:

There are lots of reasons why this maybe didn't happen and yet some folks as always are happy to jump up and down and criticise the club, using nothing but gossip and rumour for the foundation of any criticism, for the hell of it.

That was possibly the case regards Stokes and agree it's not necessarily our clubs fault. The initial amount they wanted us to pay was something only Celtic or Rangers could afford in Scotland. I guess negotiations have to start somewhere

Earlydelivery
03-02-2017, 10:30 AM
You actually read that lying,hibs hating rag ?
Looked up hibs news and it came up online .

Trainor
03-02-2017, 10:55 AM
Journo on twiiter said Blackburn wanted us to pay £4K a week for his wages.

That would be a deal killer!

BoltonHibee
03-02-2017, 11:00 AM
That would be a deal killer!

It was even more initially

Rougier45
03-02-2017, 11:06 AM
And is he really that much better than who we already have to push us on towards the finish line.
I feel that Keating's does a great job for us and is maybe a bit undervalued...just my opinion though.

I like keatings but stokes is class

scooby
03-02-2017, 02:37 PM

Both - Not enough time to get them down on weekly contribution.

Dalianwanda
03-02-2017, 02:41 PM

Its a thread of opinions not 100% facts......So no one knows really :wink:

SirDavidsNapper
03-02-2017, 02:58 PM
Stokes is a quality player and Hibs legend but I don't think signing him would have made a huge difference. He won't be match fit. It took a while to get him up to speed last season but it was worth a punt as we were trying to catch Rangers. We're 8 points clear in February now so it would be money wasted in my opinion. Unless of course we're going for two in a row......

Sean1875
03-02-2017, 04:53 PM
I've got faith in the strikers already at the club to more than see us out for the rest of the season and win the league. As other posters have said, I'd much rather see us save the money that would have been put towards Stokes and use it more effectively to strengthen for next year :agree:

Sammy7nil
03-02-2017, 06:34 PM
STOKES just scored for Blackburn U23

03-02-2017, 11:58 PM

That's the story I was told as well. I believe story down your way Bolton is that Owen Coyle wanted Stokes out his dressing room because of off field antics, and not just because of the 'Elvis' court case. Stokes apparently is not a favourite amongst his teammates.