PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Gumtree - Derby tickets

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 09:04 PM
Not Hibs end but I think its worth a mention. Hearts fan putting tickets on gumtree for £200 the pair. For the Hearts fans looking in do you think thats acceptable?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-sport-tickets/hearts-fc-v-hibernian-fc-tickets-12-02-17/1214185832

givescotlandfreedom
02-02-2017, 09:06 PM
Probably better stealing from their own than the usual charity tins.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 09:07 PM
Probably better stealing from their own than the usual charity tins.

Yes thats true but how long before we see Hibs end tickets appear on it....

givescotlandfreedom
02-02-2017, 09:09 PM
Yes thats true but how long before we see Hibs end tickets appear on it....

No doubt some greedy welts will try it yeah.

iwasthere1972
02-02-2017, 09:15 PM
Match collides with his holidays. :rolleyes: Tickets should be traceable back to the buyer.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 09:16 PM
Match collides with his holidays. :rolleyes: Tickets should be traceable back to the buyer.

Theres a name on both tickets.

Jones28
02-02-2017, 09:17 PM
Should be reported to Hearts really

givescotlandfreedom
02-02-2017, 09:18 PM

It says Jordan Munro on them

hibs0666
02-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Well Jordan Munro is a bit premature seeing that the gunts haven't managed to sell all of their tickets or hospitality spaces.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 09:21 PM
Well Jordan Munro is a bit premature seeing that the gunts haven't managed to sell all of their tickets or hospitality spaces.

I thought the game was a complete sell out?

iwasthere1972
02-02-2017, 09:27 PM

I did see that. Didn't know that they printed names on tickets.

Jonnyboy
02-02-2017, 09:27 PM

Silly boy. EVERY game at Tynecastle is a sellout according to Scott Wilson :wink:

Scouse Hibee
02-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Selling over face value is totally acceptable as long as you include something else,throw in 2 bacon rolls, a Lothian buses day ticket and a pint of milk and you're sorted.:-)

Mr White
02-02-2017, 09:42 PM
Selling over face value is totally acceptable as long as you include something else,throw in 2 bacon rolls, a Lothian buses day ticket and a pint of milk and you're sorted.:-)

You're a bad man scouse :greengrin

hibs0666
02-02-2017, 09:54 PM

Nope - hundreds of tickets still available.

Whereas we had sold all 3,700 tickets within a couple of hours despite the shambles that is Leeann's ticketing system.

EastCalderHibby
02-02-2017, 11:02 PM

Its probably hearts doing it they do have form:cb

iwasthere1972
02-02-2017, 11:05 PM
The seller lives in Leith. :wink:

wookie70
02-02-2017, 11:06 PM
He should offer a couple of pints a plate of fried food and a lift to the game from Easter Road with a ticket. That would certainly be worth £75 and it would be difficult for us to point the finger.

iwasthere1972
02-02-2017, 11:09 PM
He should offer a couple of pints a plate of fried food and a lift to the game from Easter Road with a ticket. That would certainly be worth £75 and it would be difficult for us to point the finger.

Omit the KT talk and sell it for £100.

ancient hibee
02-02-2017, 11:16 PM

Clearly he's a relative of Gordon Munro who is standing as a fans rep and getting rid of the tickets in case he is outed.Or something like that.

speedy_gonzales
02-02-2017, 11:16 PM
According to FB there's a Celtic supporting Jordan Munro that works at Heart of Midlothian,,,,coincidence?

iwasthere1972
02-02-2017, 11:20 PM
According to FB there's a Celtic supporting Jordan Munro that works at Heart of Midlothian,,,,coincidence?

Saw that. Sounds like a right twat.

givescotlandfreedom
02-02-2017, 11:25 PM

He might not be working there much longer if that's the case ha ha

iwasthere1972
02-02-2017, 11:32 PM
Rumour is that, as mentiioned above, he is employed (at the moment) by Hearts and travels to Celtic games on Leith CSC bus. Not the brightest button in the box trying to fleece fans with personalised tickets. P45 I think.

monktonharp
02-02-2017, 11:37 PM
Rumour is that, as mentiioned above, he is employed (at the moment) by Hearts and travels to Celtic games on Leith CSC bus. Not the brightest button in the box trying to fleece fans with personalised tickets. P45 I think.whorrafanny, if true.

iwasthere1972
02-02-2017, 11:41 PM
whorrafanny, if true.

This is his brother.

https://youtu.be/ksRMKsdF2do

HibernianJK
02-02-2017, 11:43 PM
I don't see how this would get the boy in trouble with his club. Just makes him a total fud for selling tickets over face value.

tamig
03-02-2017, 12:03 AM
Link isn't working for me. Has the page gone now? The boy will be in big trouble for this if he works for them. Erse.

iwasthere1972
03-02-2017, 12:13 AM
Link isn't working for me. Has the page gone now? The boy will be in big trouble for this if he works for them. Erse.

Looks like he's selling a cat in a tie. I'm interested but doesn't say how much.

Seriously. Looks like he or Gumtree withdrew it.

Hermit Crab
03-02-2017, 12:13 AM
Looks like it's been deleted.

California-Hibs
03-02-2017, 05:43 AM
Always an interesting thing for me living in the States. Over here you will always see 'resale tickets' usually always priced higher than they originally were. I had a talk with people at work the other night and they laughed and couldn't quite work out why people in the UK had a problem with this.

For the record I agree the decent thing to do is sell at face value, but I certainly don't get all up in arms at those who sell for an increase. It's their ticket after all and it's potential buyers cash to do with whatever they please..

Pete
03-02-2017, 06:17 AM
Always an interesting thing for me living in the States. Over here you will always see 'resale tickets' usually always priced higher than they originally were. I had a talk with people at work the other night and they laughed and couldn't quite work out why people in the UK had a problem with this.

For the record I agree the decent thing to do is sell at face value, but I certainly don't get all up in arms at those who sell for an increase. It's their ticket after all and it's potential buyers cash to do with whatever they please..

That's because you live in the land of the free (market).

DH1875
03-02-2017, 08:25 AM
Why is it allowed for concert tickets? If I go onto Ticketmaster for a concert and it's sold out they will then offer tickets through the getmein site at crazy prices. What's the difference :confused:

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2017, 08:26 AM
Why is it allowed for concert tickets? If I go onto Ticketmaster for a concert and it's sold out they will then offer tickets through the getmein site at crazy prices. What's the difference :confused:
The argument is not about the legality. It's about the morality.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

DH1875
03-02-2017, 08:31 AM

OK so its slightly of topic then but I still don't get why their allowed to get away with it.

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2017, 08:36 AM
OK so its slightly of topic then but I still don't get why their allowed to get away with it.
Because it's not illegal.

Hibs Class
03-02-2017, 08:38 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38131028

Pretty Boy
03-02-2017, 08:47 AM
When people do this they should be bombarded with hundreds of emails and phone calls offering silly money with no intention of paying.

Selling over face value is the behaviour of a total tramp. If you buy a ticket with the sole intention of selling on or have a change in plans and can't make the game makes no odds to me. It's just wrong.

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2017, 09:10 AM

There are no morals amongst football supporters,just look at the queue jumpers on Wednesday.

GreenPJ
03-02-2017, 09:56 AM

Or is it just the law of supply and demand. :cb

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2017, 11:32 AM
When people do this they should be bombarded with hundreds of emails and phone calls offering silly money with no intention of paying.

Selling over face value is the behaviour of a total tramp. If you buy a ticket with the sole intention of selling on or have a change in plans and can't make the game makes no odds to me. It's just wrong.

PB genuine question, why do you feel so strongly about this?

In every commodity people buy for one price and sell at a higher price to make a profit. Face value is really just like a price tag attached to a ticket. Like everything its worth is what people are willing to pay for it. I have a friend who as an aside to day job regularly buys cars at the auction, more often than not he sells them on at a profit without doing a thing to them, his only reason for buying them is to make a profit on them.
This happens for all sorts of events not just football and folk make money from folk who value that item/ticket at the price asked. If someone offered me a much sought after ticket for an event and I was willing to pay the price they asked, why should I feel bitter about them making money from me, and why should tickets be sold at cost price whilst everything else is fair game for profit?

In the past I have paid over the odds to secure a ticket for a Liverpool game with no second thought to it.

I often wonder why people get so upset at the concept of someone making a profit from a sought after ticket. :confused:

Pretty Boy
03-02-2017, 11:40 AM

In every commodity people buy for one price and sell at a higher price to make a profit. Face value is really just like a price tag attached to a ticket. Like everything its worth is what people are willing to pay for it. I have a friend who as an aside to day job regularly buys cars at the auction, more often than not he sells them on at a profit without doing a thing to them, his only reason for buying them is to make a profit on them.
This happens for all sorts of events not just football and folk make money from folk who value that item/ticket at the price asked. If someone offered me a much sought after ticket for an event and I was willing to pay the price they asked, why should I feel bitter about them making money from me, and why should tickets be sold at cost price whilst everything else is fair game for profit?

In the past I have paid over the odds to secure a ticket for a Liverpool game with no second thought to it.

I often wonder why people get so upset at the concept of someone making a profit from a sought after ticket. :confused:

It's playing on emotion and desire and is blatant profiteering imo.

If I ran a shop and someone popped in 2 minutes before closing to buy a jar of baby food would it be fair game for me to charge them £25 a jar and justify it as they were desperate and I had the goods?

Others may disagree but I've never done it either as a buyer or seller.

hibbysam
03-02-2017, 11:43 AM
It's playing on emotion and desire and is blatant profiteering imo.

If I ran a shop and someone popped in 2 minutes before closing to buy a jar of baby food would it be fair game for me to charge them £25 a jar and justify it as they were desperate and I had the goods?

Others may disagree but I've never done it either as a buyer or seller.

No, but I guarantee you don't sell the lady the jar of food at the same price as it cost you.

Itsnoteasy
03-02-2017, 11:47 AM
Theres a name on both tickets.

Hearts staff get allocated a certain amount of tickets each & their names are printed on them.

Pretty Boy
03-02-2017, 11:56 AM
No, but I guarantee you don't sell the lady the jar of food at the same price as it cost you.

And companies don't sell tickets for events at the same price it costs to stage them.

I'm not against people being entitled to make a profit in a transaction. When it reaches the stage of exploitation and profiteering then I have an issue.

KWJ
03-02-2017, 12:12 PM

Learnt after a while to just accept that it's very different in North America. I followed the NHL but it's highly unlikely you can make all 41 home games yet STs have a huge waiting list as holders are happy to sell them with some up for wvery game. And then there are the corporate seats...

I went to a few games but always paid under face value, same with a tout at MLB but got a bit lucky there. Would've been plenty more for prime tickets although some of the teams were moving to progressive (?) Prices to reflect demand.

.Sean.
03-02-2017, 12:14 PM
Absolutely anyone profiting off their own support, Hibs or Hearts, is a complete and utter scaff. Tramplest move going

danhibees1875
03-02-2017, 12:59 PM

I think it's emotional/sentimental attachment that makes it different for people - understandably. I'd also argue that your friend is adding some sort of value and/or using his knowledge (presumably accumulated through some work/dedication to the car industry) in order to make purchases and sales that return a profit. I don't think that's comparable to the ticket situation.

If there was only going to be x amount of those cars available and it was obvious that 4*X wanted the car and your pal goes out of their way to buy it despite not wanting it just to find a person who does want it and charge them twice as much then I would say that is immoral, yes. Particularly if they skipped the queue at 10am to get to the car selling window before you. ( :grr: )

El Gubbz
03-02-2017, 01:03 PM
If he stood 8 hours in a queue he's more than entitled to earn his time back in monetary terms imo

ALF TUPPER
03-02-2017, 01:44 PM

I contacted him through gumtree just to point out what a despicable wee scrote he is. I pointed out one of 2 other things to him as I do to Jambos when the opportunity arises .
He said in reply that ' someone ' had taken a photo of his tickets and put up the ad on Twitter as a prank . :faf:

Needless to say I responded to that too. :aok:

The numpty had an access to his full address on the ad before it was taken down. Defo Leith as you say iwasthere

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2017, 01:47 PM
Absolutely anyone profiting off their own support, Hibs or Hearts, is a complete and utter scaff. Tramplest move going

You generalise our own support as if we are all cut from the same cloth. The fact is our support and every other support is made up of a cross section of society including gentlemen, rogues, thieves, and all different classes from different backgrounds. Just because someone standing next to me is wearing the same colour and supporting the same team does not mean I have an affinity with that person. In fact I bet some folk have bought tickets off "those good chaps" at face value only to sell it on and make a profit themselves. This theory that we're all in it together is misguided. I get that some people may not wish to make a profit off a friend or an associate but selling to Joe Bloggs to make yourself a few bob is fair game in my opinion. Supply and demand is no different for a football ticket than it is for anything else. As someone else has said it must just be an emotional thing.

Itsnoteasy
03-02-2017, 01:50 PM
If he stood 8 hours in a queue he's more than entitled to earn his time back in monetary terms imo

So a plumber can ask for more than a burger flipper.

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2017, 01:57 PM
So a plumber can ask for more than a burger flipper.

He can ask for whatever he thinks is appropriate, the value will be determined by the buyer if he sells it.

hibs0666
03-02-2017, 02:26 PM

It is not true to say that all commodities are sold to make a profit, UK healthcare services being a prime example. Collectively the UK population believes that healthcare is not just for the most well-off, and we are all entitled to high quality healthcare irrespective of the ability to pay.

Many of us take a similarly altruistic approach to our football club. A secondary market that allows tickets to provided to the most wealthy at the expense of the majority is utterly reprehensible.

pacoluna
03-02-2017, 02:51 PM
What if I got hold of hearts ticket and sold it for profit to a hearts fan?

ancient hibee
03-02-2017, 03:00 PM
And companies don't sell tickets for events at the same price it costs to stage them.

I'm not against people being entitled to make a profit in a transaction. When it reaches the stage of exploitation and profiteering then I have an issue.
It"s neither exploitation,nobody is forced to buy it,or profiteering,the value to the purchaser is the price he's willing to pay.

hibs0666
03-02-2017, 03:07 PM
It"s neither exploitation,nobody is forced to buy it,or profiteering,the value to the purchaser is the price he's willing to pay.

Glad you're not in charge of healthcare services.

Pretty Boy
03-02-2017, 03:10 PM

You could apply that logic to anything.

Anyway I'm out as it's one of those issues which people are never going to be agree on. Safe to say if anyone tries to sell a ticket on here for more than face value they'll get short shrift regardless of the value to the purchaser.

ancient hibee
03-02-2017, 03:12 PM
Glad you're not in charge of healthcare services.

What has this rubbish got to do with anything.

weecounty hibby
03-02-2017, 03:40 PM
I'm with PB on this. It's bad enough the cost of football but especially concert tickets, add in ticket master stiffing you for booking fees and postage without some dick trying to add on sometimes upwards of 100% on to the cost. I would rather miss a game or concert than be ripped off by these people.
I missed what is likely to be AC/DCs last tour as I was not prepared to pay £200 for an already overpriced, IMO, £85 ticket. Thankfully I have seen them 8 or 9 times previously. I don't know how the touts get their hands on so many when it can be a nightmare just to get two.

Hibs Class
03-02-2017, 03:57 PM
I'm with PB on this. It's bad enough the cost of football but especially concert tickets, add in ticket master stiffing you for booking fees and postage without some dick trying to add on sometimes upwards of 100% on to the cost. I would rather miss a game or concert than be ripped off by these people.
I missed what is likely to be AC/DCs last tour as I was not prepared to pay £200 for an already overpriced, IMO, £85 ticket. Thankfully I have seen them 8 or 9 times previously. I don't know how the touts get their hands on so many when it can be a nightmare just to get two.

Like the link I posted earlier, there are now cases where the event promoters put tickets straight onto the resale sites so that they can cash in on tout prices themselves. A lot of events now say that folk need photo ID at the door, don't know how often it's actually asked for (I've only ever been asked once). I agree with PB too. Think it just comes down to personal values and own opinion of right and wrong.

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2017, 04:02 PM
It is not true to say that all commodities are sold to make a profit, UK healthcare services being a prime example. Collectively the UK population believes that healthcare is not just for the most well-off, and we are all entitled to high quality healthcare irrespective of the ability to pay.

Many of us take a similarly altruistic approach to our football club. A secondary market that allows tickets to provided to the most wealthy at the expense of the majority is utterly reprehensible.

A commodity is not a service though,different things.

Itsnoteasy
03-02-2017, 04:20 PM

Hearts know about it and are no happy.

Hermit Crab
03-02-2017, 05:08 PM
Some whoppers on his thread. Anything above face value is wrong imo! Question for those who don't seem to have an issue with it. If these were tickets for the Hibs end would you still think its ok??

Itsnoteasy
03-02-2017, 05:43 PM
Some whoppers on his thread. Anything above face value is wrong imo! Question for those who don't seem to have an issue with it. If these were tickets for the Hibs end would you still think its ok??

Long time since I've had a whopper. The confectionery kind :greengrin

03-02-2017, 05:48 PM
Disgraceful that folk are willing to rip off their fellow supporters. Face value or nothing!

Before the 2012 cup final, there was a pair of tickets (I don't know what end it was for) that were being sold for £800.

hibs0666
03-02-2017, 05:51 PM
A commodity is not a service though,different things.

Then why are you arguing that a ticket for a one-off event is a commodity? :confused:

Pete
03-02-2017, 05:52 PM
Then why are you arguing that a ticket for a one-off event is a commodity? :confused:

Because he's argumentative.

;-)

Galahibby
03-02-2017, 06:14 PM
I'm kind of on the fence with this one. The guy's a Celtic fan, right? If I worked at Ibrox and was given comps for a The Rangers v Celtc game, then damn right I'd stiff the zombies for as much as I could get away with. If I worked at ER, then no, I wouldn't do the same to a Hibby. Petty? Maybe, but maybe this guy just hates Hertz as much as I hate the huns 😏

Hermit Crab
03-02-2017, 06:30 PM
I'm kind of on the fence with this one. The guy's a Celtic fan, right? If I worked at Ibrox and was given comps for a The Rangers v Celtc game, then damn right I'd stiff the zombies for as much as I could get away with. If I worked at ER, then no, I wouldn't do the same to a Hibby. Petty? Maybe, but maybe this guy just hates Hertz as much as I hate the huns 😏

Would you be ok with it if they were tickets for the Hibs end? I doubt it.

Galahibby
03-02-2017, 06:52 PM

In these circumstances? Probably. I think I've already alluded to the fact that, personally, it's not something I would do if Hibs were involved. All I'm saying is the guy's a Celtic fan so probably doesn't give a **** about either Hibs or Hearts. Would I rip off one of my own? Absolutely not. Do I have an issue with him cashing in on one of two sets of fans he has no affinity with? Naw, not really tbh. Would it bother you as much if it was a Jambo or a Hibby selling their comps for a Celtic v Rangers game? If a Celtic fan (or anyone else for that matter) was *buying* tickets to sell on for a profit, then that's a whole different scenario and no, I wouldn't be ok with that.

iwasthere1972
03-02-2017, 07:03 PM
In these circumstances? Probably. I think I've already alluded to the fact that, personally, it's not something I would do if Hibs were involved. All I'm saying is the guy's a Celtic fan so probably doesn't give a **** about either Hibs or Hearts. Would I rip off one of my own? Absolutely not. Do I have an issue with him cashing in on one of two sets of fans he has no affinity with? Naw, not really tbh. Would it bother you as much if it was a Jambo or a Hibby selling their comps for a Celtic v Rangers game? If a Celtic fan (or anyone else for that matter) was *buying* tickets to sell on for a profit, then that's a whole different scenario and no, I wouldn't be ok with that.

The facts are that he is a Celtic supporter so why bother getting two tickets for a match that your team is not involved in. If he had mates that were Hearts supporters and was going to pass them on to them, at face value of course, then fair enough. But to buy them then promptly put them on Gumtree with the feeble excuse that the date collided with his holiday (didn't mention that his holiday was only about half a day travelling from Leith to Celtic Park and return) and with a 500% mark up is up there with all these Nigerian scammers. Makes you wonder why he was entitled to tickets which have probably denied a Hearts season ticket getting one. Just one motive and that was a large profit. He didn't even have the brains to blank out his name and other details that even a six year old could trace back to the buyer.

One word. ROGUE

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2017, 07:05 PM

Because tickets are commodities! All be it perishable but still a commodity.

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2017, 07:05 PM

Yes no difference.

Iggy Pope
03-02-2017, 07:30 PM

Right now, yes I would think its OK if someone offered me a Hibs end ticket at a price within reason but over the face value.

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2017, 07:52 PM
I have bought tickets for gigs and football matches from touts over the years, if it's the only way to get a ticket then i'm happy to get one.

Obviously i'd prefer to pay less, but i was over the moon to get in to those events.

If i had in my possession a ticket for any game apart from a Hibs match, i'm pretty sure if the demand was big enough, i'd sell them to the highest bidder.

I think most of us would not rip off our own, but i bet that percentage rises when Hibs are not involved. :greengrin

Velma Dinkley
03-02-2017, 08:06 PM
The government is in the process of making ticket touting illegal. There are very organised touts who are very skillful at obtaining large amounts of tickets for popular events with the sole purpose of selling them on asap at a very marked up price. Ticket sellers like Ticketmaster are being forced to do more to ensure tickets end up in the hands of fans, not touts.

trev the hat
03-02-2017, 08:20 PM
I have bought tickets for gigs and football matches from touts over the years, if it's the only way to get a ticket then i'm happy to get one.

Obviously i'd prefer to pay less, but i was over the moon to get in to those events.

If i had in my possession a ticket for any game apart from a Hibs match, i'm pretty sure if the demand was big enough, i'd sell them to the highest bidder.

I think most of us would not rip off our own, but i bet that percentage rises when Hibs are not involved. :greengrin

If I wanted to see any event strongly enough I would pay over face value without question to get a seat.
Where it becomes questionable is when a fellow supporter looks to make money at their expense.
It will happen but if someone tried to profit in this way in my company they would be rightly shot down imo

Waxy
03-02-2017, 08:36 PM
Anyone want to buy my day saver? £1?

brianmc
03-02-2017, 09:29 PM

I've bought a pair of tickets via Ticketmaster online for Iron Maiden at the Hydro in May. It specified on the website that there will be no physical ticket produced for this event, be it a ticket posted out or a print at home version.
The only way to gain entry to the venue is for me to turn up on the night with the credit card that made the booking. Once this is successfully scanned at the venue my mate and I will get in.
First time I'd heard of this practise - but as far as I can figure out it eliminates touts/secondary sellers.

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2017, 09:31 PM
I've bought a pair of tickets via Ticketmaster online for Iron Maiden at the Hydro in May. It specified on the website that there will be no physical ticket produced for this event, be it a ticket posted out or a print at home version.
The only way to gain entry to the venue is for me to turn up on the night with the credit card that made the booking. Once this is successfully scanned at the venue my mate and I will get in.
First time I'd heard of this practise - but as far as I can figure out it eliminates touts/secondary sellers.

What a great idea, as long as everything runs smoothly when you turn up with your card.

brianmc
03-02-2017, 09:33 PM
What a great idea, as long as everything runs smoothly when you turn up with your card.

Fingers crossed eh.

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Problem with that, as I found out recently, is when you buy tickets as a present for someone else.

You OK with giving your card to your kids? [emoji1]

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2017, 09:45 PM
Fingers crossed eh.

Lets hope so. :agree:

I'm_cabbaged
03-02-2017, 09:49 PM
Lets hope so. :agree:

Don't see why it wouldn't. When you book online with VUE cinema you go to an ATM outside, put in the card you paid on and it prints out your tickets 👍

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2017, 09:53 PM
Don't see why it wouldn't. When you book online with VUE cinema you go to an ATM outside, put in the card you paid on and it prints out your tickets 👍

Good to hear, i have never done this process before, maybe if i had it would allay the apparent fear i have over this? :greengrin

brianmc
03-02-2017, 09:55 PM
Problem with that, as I found out recently, is when you buy tickets as a present for someone else.

Hmmm, fair point.

I'm_cabbaged
03-02-2017, 10:01 PM

With the VUE you don't need the PIN and you also get a reference number if you don't want to use your card

O'Rourke3
03-02-2017, 11:09 PM
What happens if the card expires. The replacement wouldnt do.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Scottie
04-02-2017, 09:53 AM
If I wanted to see any event strongly enough I would pay over face value without question to get a seat.
Where it becomes questionable is when a fellow supporter looks to make money at their expense.
It will happen but if someone tried to profit in this way in my company they would be rightly shot down imo
I did exactly that for the England Scotland game at Wembley in November. Gave £230 for 3 Scotland end tickets off Craig's list. Waited for tickets to arrive and nothing. Scammed !!

Desperation got the better of me but won't be doing it again anytime soon. Lesson learned. :rolleyes:

Glory Lurker
04-02-2017, 10:08 AM
I did exactly that for the England Scotland game at Wembley in November. Gave £230 for 3 Scotland end tickets off Craig's list. Waited for tickets to arrive and nothing. Scammed !!

Desperation got the better of me but won't be doing it again anytime soon. Lesson learned. :rolleyes:

It could have been worse -you might have got tickets and ended up at the game!:greengrin

ian cruise
04-02-2017, 10:33 AM

I've been to a few events where this is the case, including any at the Hydro. Always went smoothly. I'd the card is list or expires you contact them and give them details of a new one to use on the night. Makes buying tickets as gifts a problem but it's what needs to be done to target touts. The fact the actual sites have their own second hand ticket sales sites sits uncomfortably with me, I get the argument that they can control the sale and the ensure fans get the tickets without going through the hands of yours but seems to blur the lines a bit too much for my liking.

Scottie
04-02-2017, 11:26 AM
It could have been worse -you might have got tickets and ended up at the game!:greengrin
I did get to the game in the end. I gave a tout £80 for a ticket outside Wembley on the night so in total I gave £310 for a ticket to see us getting pumped. Talk about being ****ed all ways. :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
04-02-2017, 11:48 AM

You sent money to someone up front on craigslist in the hope you'd get the tickets?? Sorry mate but serves you right. Thats madness.

Scottie
04-02-2017, 11:57 AM
You sent money to someone up front on craigslist in the hope you'd get the tickets?? Sorry mate but serves you right. Thats madness.
Got to agree with you HC was plain stupid. Desperation to see an event got the better of me. Was informed of these tickets by a fellow .netter on here.

A painful Lesson learned :aok:

Hermit Crab
04-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Got to agree with you HC was plain stupid. Desperation to see an event got the better of me. Was informed of these tickets by a fellow .netter on here.

A painful Lesson learned :aok:

Oh ffs, that makes it worse. I hope they weren't the alleged seller too!! :greengrin

By the way, is there anyway to trace who the fake seller was?

Scottie
04-02-2017, 12:16 PM
Oh ffs, that makes it worse. I hope they weren't the alleged seller too!! :greengrin

By the way, is there anyway to trace who the fake seller was?
Paid into a Bank of Scotland account that's traceable so it's being investigated as we speak. (If your looking in Kenny the nets closing in mate)

Just wanted to highlight that it's so easy to get taken in when your emotions are at a high and at desperate times sane people do stupid things to get their hands on tickets.

Hermit Crab
05-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Another ticket has appeared on gumtree, this time a snip at £55 :rolleyes:

JennaFletcher
05-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Another ticket has appeared on gumtree, this time a snip at £55 :rolleyes:

Christ! Nothing worse than a tout. :rolleyes:

Speedy
05-02-2017, 02:03 PM

Not a great idea if you lose your card, change banks or receieve the tickets as a gift.

Speedy
05-02-2017, 02:08 PM

It's not fair on the punters or the club selling the tickets.

We'd all be pissed off if Hearts decided to charge us £200 per ticket.

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2017, 02:37 PM
It's not fair on the punters or the club selling the tickets.

We'd all be pissed off if Hearts decided to charge us £200 per ticket.

The club got the price they wanted for the ticket and the punters pays the price he is happy to pay for a ticket, how is that unfair?

Hermit Crab
05-02-2017, 02:47 PM
The club got the price they wanted for the ticket and the punters pays the price he is happy to pay for a ticket, how is that unfair?

What if you were asked to pay that for a Liverpool league decider..... oh wait a minute.

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2017, 02:51 PM
What if you were asked to pay that for a Liverpool league decider..... oh wait a minute.

Wow that's funny. Any more crackers ;-)

Have you heard the one about the away season ticket.........

Hermit Crab
05-02-2017, 03:00 PM
Wow that's funny. Any more crackers ;-)

Have you heard the one about the away season ticket.........

Yeah, it gets you tickets for games you don't even want to go to like next week.

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2017, 03:17 PM
Yeah, it gets you tickets for games you don't even want to go to like next week.

That's life.