PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone get tickets via the phone?

Thegreenside
02-02-2017, 06:25 PM
As the above says. I know of 4 people and a total bill of over £125 not to even get through to a operator.

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Not heard of anyone but the club have said 50% of the tickets were available online/phone and I'm sure I read Ticketmaster had 60 folk lined up to take calls.

Hibeesforever
02-02-2017, 06:33 PM
No, spent 35 minutes and each call was just cut off. I will be interested to hear how many were successful. If few tickets were released over the phone then it sounds like a breach of trade and just a way to fleece for telephone charges.

I'm_cabbaged
02-02-2017, 06:37 PM
60 operators? Not saying Hibs weren't told this, but I smell *****. I'd like to see how many did purchase this way.

murray26
02-02-2017, 06:41 PM
Nope.. 66 calls made and no success.. no sure how much this is going to cost the other half.. checked her call log and most the calls lasted less than a minute..

I'm_cabbaged
02-02-2017, 06:47 PM
Nope.. 66 calls made and no success.. no sure how much this is going to cost the other half.. checked her call log and most the calls lasted less than a minute..

It's not the length of the call mate, that's only 7p per minute. It's the connection fee. My youngest made 81 calls @ 48p a pop he thought it was just the 7ppm !! Think my eldest was near enough the same 🙄

Hibeesforever
02-02-2017, 06:53 PM
It's not the length of the call mate, that's only 7p per minute. It's the connection fee. My youngest made 81 calls @ 48p a pop he thought it was just the 7ppm !! Think my eldest was near enough the same 🙄

I think a case is building to get a reimbursement. I did not know this.

murray26
02-02-2017, 06:55 PM
Oh ****😟 This could be sore.. con men.. lesson well and truly learned..

Thegreenside
02-02-2017, 06:58 PM
Oh ****😟 This could be sore.. con men.. lesson well and truly learned..

Yup will never phone ticketmaster for football or gig tickets... they are at it

kaimendhibs
02-02-2017, 07:08 PM
Thats shocking.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HibbyDave
02-02-2017, 07:11 PM
So DID ANYONE buy over the phone?

HibeeDaz6270
02-02-2017, 07:13 PM

I made the same mistake. 57p per call to be disconnected. £28 or so bill. I dont for a second believe anyone was answered via phone.

Hibeesforever
02-02-2017, 07:25 PM
I made the same mistake. 57p per call to be disconnected. £28 or so bill. I dont for a second believe anyone was answered via phone.

This is not going to go away with the club's statement saying how well fans did. Bottom line is online sales were the only way and then queuing online was from much earlier than 12pm. I am going to take this further for a reimbursement of telephone charges. If they were sold out, the line should have been disconnected.

calumhibee1
02-02-2017, 07:28 PM
I tried on the phone and got nowhere.

calumhibee1
02-02-2017, 07:33 PM
If it does turn out to be the case that next to no tickets were sold over the phone then that's an absolute ****ing disgrace - from ticketmaster I must point out, not Hibs. Robbing *******s especially when they're charging that amount.

murray26
02-02-2017, 07:34 PM
This should be reported to watch dog..

PiemanP
02-02-2017, 07:38 PM
Phone is a total scam and I don't even try it anymore. Tried for big games in the past and same experience - big bill and no tickets.

This is something the fan reps (either old or new pair) should be making Hibs come down hard on with ticketmaster.

Since90+2
02-02-2017, 07:44 PM
My brother called about 40 times in 20 minutes and never got through.

Hibs should be asking for clarification if any tickets were sold via this method as by the sounds of it they have made a lot of money from phone charges when nobody actually spoke to them.

iwasthere1972
02-02-2017, 07:50 PM
60 staff. 10 operators and 50 supervisors. :wink:

Thegreenside
02-02-2017, 08:07 PM
60 staff. 10 operators and 50 supervisors. :wink:

And 9 of them making the tea

Hibeesforever
02-02-2017, 08:11 PM
Still nobody is able to admit to buying 10 tickets over the phone and tying up the line. Definitely a case for Watchdog and trading standards.

tamig
02-02-2017, 08:13 PM
Still nobody is able to admit to buying 10 tickets over the phone and tying up the line. Definitely a case for Watchdog and trading standards.

Has anybody admitted to buying a single ticket over the phone - never mind ten?

Thegreenside
02-02-2017, 08:14 PM

100% and the club should be supporting us

iwasthere1972
02-02-2017, 08:15 PM
And 9 of them making the tea

If they are anything like the staff at the Welsh Call Centre which has been on TV then I can see why there were so many folk that made numerous phone calls and didn't actually speak to anybody. Staff were probably all too busy hiding the tea girls tea trolley and Hobnobs. :agree:

Hibeesforever
02-02-2017, 09:31 PM
Still nobody who bought a ticket over the phone...this issue is not going away. Becoming a big scam!

Thegreenside
02-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Still nobody who bought a ticket over the phone...this issue is not going away. Becoming a big scam!

Feels like it. I understand this thread isn't exactly a big representation of the tickets sold but surely there would be a few people on here who got a tickets via this method. Would like to see how much Ticketmaster have scooped from this

Big_Franck
02-02-2017, 09:37 PM
I phoned non-stop from a couple of minutes to 12 until 12:25 when they started giving the message that it was sold out. I was on my lunch at work so just re-dialled after getting the message each time that all their agents were busy and that the call would be disconnected. I must have called at least 30 times and didn't get through once.

At the time I couldn't understand why a company like Ticketmaster didn't have a queuing system on their phone lines and why they'd put you through the inconvenience of having to dial again. Now that i've read about the money to be made from connection charges on people constantly redialing, it now makes sense.

RoYO!
02-02-2017, 09:37 PM
Tickets may have gone in minutes online. Then ticketmaster just keep the lines open to get as many people calling up for tickets they don't even have any more. Brutal.

Thegreenside
02-02-2017, 09:42 PM
Tickets may have gone in minutes online. Then ticketmaster just keep the lines open to get as many people calling up for tickets they don't even have any more. Brutal.

A possibility but either way when it's sold out the lines should be blocked

Hibeesforever
02-02-2017, 09:42 PM
Feels like it. I understand this thread isn't exactly a big representation of the tickets sold but surely there would be a few people on here who got a tickets via this method. Would like to see how much Ticketmaster have scooped from this
Exactly, I can accept missing out on a ticket but I can not just ignore the fact that a serious amount of money appears to have been scammed. The connection fee would not have been incurred if we were not disconnected each time!
Going to talk to a lawyer and then approach the club. This carry on and practice will be the tip of an iceberg for these things. Getting more annoyed writing this.

Thegreenside
02-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Exactly, I can accept missing out on a ticket but I can not just ignore the fact that a serious amount of money appears to have been scammed. The connection fee would not have been incurred if we were not disconnected each time!
Going to talk to a lawyer and then approach the club. This carry on and practice will be the tip of an iceberg for these things. Getting more annoyed writing this.

Maybe approach the club and see if they will fight this if there is any wrong doing. I have emailed them myself waiting on a reply to hear their stance

iwasthere1972
02-02-2017, 09:48 PM

This thread has been viewed over 900 times and I would have thought that if anybody had managed to get through to Ticketmaster to buy a ticket, they would have said so. I wasn't one of the unfortunate ones who phoned and unknowingly ended up with a huge phone bill however I find it infuriating when companies answer your call only to say that they can't take it and advise you to phone back. I would rather it just rang and rang. I smell something and it's not very pleasant.

Hibeesforever
02-02-2017, 09:50 PM
Maybe approach the club and see if they will fight this if there is any wrong doing. I have emailed them myself waiting on a reply to hear their stance

Certainly a large number of us that will be annoyed when the bill comes in. There was no mention of a connection charge on the message, hence calling back at will. I thought 7p was the charge per minute. This is a trading standards issue as well as sharp practices of disconnecting.

Big_Franck
02-02-2017, 09:51 PM
I only ever use Ticketmaster for Hibs tickets so i'm not sure how they normally work. Has anyone here used them for gigs or other events? Is it normal for them to cut you off and force you to phone (and pay the connection charge) again, rather than putting you in a queue and playing some annoying music until one of their agents is free?

Hibeesforever
02-02-2017, 09:53 PM
This thread has been viewed over 900 times and I would have thought that if anybody had managed to get through to Ticketmaster to buy a ticket, they would have said so. I wasn't one of the unfortunate ones who phoned and unknowingly ended up with a huge phone bill however I find it infuriating when companies answer your call only to say that they can't take it and advise you to phone back. I would rather it just rang and rang. I smell something and it's not very pleasant.

A class action coordinated by the club is really the only outcome here. The club are also silent on the number of tickets sold via the telephone. What about vouchers for people in a phone queue!

BigKev
03-02-2017, 12:19 PM
This has just came on Newsnow http://www.hibs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=479114

Ticketmaster will look into complaints?

Thegreenside
03-02-2017, 01:36 PM
I would like to see the club do what this website is doing as it was the club who make us contact the third party!

marinello59
03-02-2017, 01:37 PM
I would like to see the club do what this website is doing as it was the club who make us contact the third party!

Eh?

Hibeesforever
03-02-2017, 01:45 PM

Agreed, club needs to investigate and provide a statement. They said tickets were sold over the phone and from this thread it looks like no tickets were. Cover up by Ticketmaster.

Thegreenside
03-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Eh?

The website posted above is saying to contact them with emails to put a case together. I'm saying I would like the club to do it as they make us buy tickets through them

Since90+2
03-02-2017, 05:21 PM
That statement from Ticketmaster makes no sense.

It says to provide them with details to look into it including a client reference number. When you phone and get cut off you don't even provide a client reference so why would that be of any relevance?

murray26
03-02-2017, 05:47 PM
I've sent them a email.. don't understand the client ref bit either .. I'm giving them no personal information until I'm sure they are legitimate..

kaimendhibs
03-02-2017, 05:52 PM
Use them for gig tickets if I have to but only online. They are greedy gits

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm_cabbaged
03-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Eh?

Eh? He's saying he would prefer it would be the club i.e. Hibernian FC who use this company for their customers to buy tickets to deal with it. What's so difficult to understand?

calumhibee1
03-02-2017, 09:59 PM
While this is in no way the fault of Hibs, who have used the services of the biggest ticket selling company in the world to sell their tickets, it should definitely be Hibs who are taking the lead on this. :agree: Would like to see Leeann at least acknowledge peoples concerns and either offer assistance to fans wanting to take this issue up or even better, take it up with ticketmaster herself.

1875STEVE
03-02-2017, 11:06 PM
Not the Hearts game, but I got hit for over £100 a few years back without talking to anyone.

It was a Hampden trip, may have been the Celtic SC Final.