PDA

View Full Version : Focus

GreenNWhiteArmy
02-02-2017, 01:47 PM
Forget "missing out" on Stokesy and Commons
Forget 2 in a row
Forget the derby next weekend

Saturday we have a job to do and that's beat a team everyone would see as a home banker. Last time it didn't quite go to plan so let's get our focus back on track. League is the absolute priority this weekend and this season. Next weekend will take care of itself and we go in as underdogs as we always do at that dump.

Looking forward to getting back to Easter Road on Saturday and hopefully keeping this run going. It's my nephew's first game so i'm hoping he's gonna be my lucky wee mascot.

GGTTH :flag:

Heisenberg
02-02-2017, 01:55 PM
Ayr game is massive. As all remaining league games will be when they come around. Hope Lennon has them a bit more tuned in than Stubbs seemed to in the past two seasons against these kind of opponents at a crucial stage of the season.

HibsNutter
02-02-2017, 01:56 PM
The only thing that matters this year is the league. Hopefully everyone manages to see this even if things go horribly wrong next Sunday.

02-02-2017, 01:57 PM
Agreed. Lets focus on getting a comfortable win which will set us up nicely for the derby. Can't afford to take our eye off the ball in the league which as you say is the number one priority for this season. Ayr have tripped us up already this season at home so although we should win, we can't afford to treat this game as a given.

Its an over used cliche in football but we need to just take each game at a time. EVERY game is important as we look to wrap up the league. Focus on getting another important 3 points on saturday then we spend next week focusing on the derby. Neil Lennon is a a manager that is used to going for league titles as well as managing big cup games (both domestically and in Europe) so he will know how to prepare the team and will be keeping everyone focused on the up coming game. Every player will want to play in the derby so Saturday is a chance for guys to stake their final big claim for the derby starting 11.

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2017, 02:09 PM
Ayr game is massive. As all remaining league games will be when they come around. Hope Lennon has them a bit more tuned in than Stubbs seemed to in the past two seasons against these kind of opponents at a crucial stage of the season.Stubbs had an absolutely excellent home record last season, these weren't the games we lost under Stubbs.

Zazu62
02-02-2017, 02:19 PM
Would take a defeat against Ayr if it meant we beat hearts next Sunday.

houstonhibbee
02-02-2017, 02:22 PM
so you'd rather progress to the next round of the cup and risk promotion....

Zazu62
02-02-2017, 02:24 PM

Aye I would. Beating hearts at the PBS or 3 points, derby all the time for me.

pacoluna
02-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Will win league either way

Bad Martini
02-02-2017, 02:28 PM

Fortunately it's not an either/or question :greengrin

We'll slap them both, still be top of the league AND put the mutants out. Simples :top marks

ENDOF

Lago
02-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Aye I would. Beating hearts at the PBS or 3 points, derby all the time for me.

Thank goodness your not Hibs manager.

Brightside
02-02-2017, 02:50 PM

I will never ever understand this.

CallumLaidlaw
02-02-2017, 02:52 PM
Stubbs had an absolutely excellent home record last season, these weren't the games we lost under Stubbs.

Alomost 1 year ago, we lost 3-0 to Morton at home, just 8 days after qualifying for the quarter finals of the Scottish cup, and with a League cup final looming. Quite a good example of taking our eye off the ball really.

And I'm as guilty as anyone. Just this morning I messaged my mates saying I keep on having to remind myself that we actually have a league game in 2 days. Thankfully the players are more professional than me.

Alex Trager
02-02-2017, 03:01 PM
I think everyone has said hopefully Lennon has them tuned into this weekends game.

I have absolute faith that Neil Lennon will have our team absolutely one hundred percent focussed on the league and this game.

1) He, and all the players, have expressed that the priority is the league.

2) we have been beaten at home from them this season.

He will be extremely determined to get us the three points to right that wrong.

I am not sure how Utd will fare this weekend, I suspect they will win, but I know our manager will have our team focussed on getting our three points to take advantage of any slip up they may incur.

Come on the hibbys

Steve20
02-02-2017, 03:02 PM

Agreed. We can get back on track in the league, but lose to Hearts and we're out a competition.

As for 'forgetting the derby as there's a job to do'. That's the exact thing the players should do, but the support don't need to forget about the derby. It's not going to make a difference to how we perform on Saturday what the fans are focused on during the week.

Heisenberg
02-02-2017, 03:16 PM
Stubbs had an absolutely excellent home record last season, these weren't the games we lost under Stubbs.

At home yes, in the main we were fine. Although as pointed out he had his moments last season, 3-0 defeat to Morton being a prime example. Just hope we don't chuck it away at the same point of the season. Promotion is the main thing and I'm sure Lennon will have the players fully focused on Ayr.

SirDavidsNapper
02-02-2017, 04:55 PM
I expect us to hammer Ayr as a punishment for beating us the last time. 5-0