PDA

View Full Version : Hibs/Ayr Game - lets start a count-the-dots thread please

Green Diet
02-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Can we fill our home stands forcing the club to open part of the south stand to home fans before the end of the season???

How are we tracking with our home support attendance for the upcoming Ayr game?

Where are you Callum...

:flag::cb:flag:

offshorehibby
02-02-2017, 08:38 AM
Here's one ST holder who wont be there i'm afraid.

jodjam
02-02-2017, 08:40 AM
Don't really see the point as the dot count at the united game was shown to be continually wrong as stands we thought were sold out were clearly not as Hibs released more tickets.

StevieCowan
02-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Don't really see the point as the dot count at the united game was shown to be continually wrong as stands we thought were sold out were clearly not as Hibs released more tickets.

It's a bit of fun and the tickets Hibs released later on where due to tickets being returned to the club.

If we'd singed Commons or Stokes then it would've added another 1200 onto the attendance IMO, but hey ho!

flash
02-02-2017, 09:14 AM
It's a bit of fun and the tickets Hibs released later on where due to tickets being returned to the club.

If we'd singed Commons or Stokes then it would've added another 1200 onto the attendance IMO, but hey ho!
Why would it? We had 15000 hibs fans at our last home game which we won in great style.
Why wouldn't you come back?

oneone73
02-02-2017, 09:16 AM

If we'd singed Stokesey , would he have been on fire?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

StevieCowan
02-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Why would it? We had 15000 hibs fans at our last home game which we won in great style.
Why wouldn't you come back?

It's just what happens.. I'll be there but no chance we'll have same number of hibs fans as against Dundee Utd

CallumLaidlaw
02-02-2017, 12:40 PM
I wonder if we'll be a bit down on our average this weekend. Some people have forgotten we have a match due to a certain cup fixture.

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2017, 12:48 PM
I wonder if we'll be a bit down on our average this weekend. Some people have forgotten we have a match due to a certain cup fixture.

I think so. 12,608 I reckon. Dundee United seems to belong to another era, lack of sales activity and derby distraction will all factor in.

Sir David Gray
02-02-2017, 12:53 PM
We'll be looking at an attendance of around 13000-14000 for this one.

It won't be anywhere near the attendance against Dundee Utd. If we had signed Stokes or Commons then we would have had around 15-16000.

CallumLaidlaw
02-02-2017, 01:00 PM
I think so. 12,608 I reckon. Dundee United seems to belong to another era, lack of sales activity and derby distraction will all factor in.

Plus Scotland are at home in the 6 nations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2017, 02:58 PM

Chuck egg facing.

hibby6270
02-02-2017, 04:23 PM
Chuck egg facing.

Clever. :wink:
:top marks

Keith_M
02-02-2017, 05:07 PM

Hibs released small batches of tickets that were originally allocated for other purposes, such as the youth teams.

The other tickets were from season Ticket holders who couldn't go very kindly releasing them to the club for resale.

Canon Hannan
02-02-2017, 07:15 PM

Does rugby actually affect our attendance?

Slavers
02-02-2017, 08:23 PM
Seems to me that its filling up quite nicely?

Golden Bear
02-02-2017, 08:27 PM
Seems to me that its filling up quite nicely?

Yip.It looks very respectable at this stage.

Radium
02-02-2017, 08:33 PM

Nakedmanoncrack
02-02-2017, 09:25 PM
Just bought mine, not a lot left in my preferred West Lower sections.

IberianHibernian
02-02-2017, 11:21 PM
Does rugby actually affect our attendance?I would think so but only talking of hundreds not thousands I`d guess . Not just Hibs fans and possible fans of our opponents who go to Murrayfield but more so those who work in hotels , pubs etc who work extra at rugby weekends and so can`t make it to ER . On positive side hopefully some of the visiting sports fans at rugby weekends take an interest in Hibs and get to a match ( difficult this weekend with our match at same time as rugby ) or club shop or stadium tour . I was pleased to see Hibs leaflets in Edinburgh hotels on my last visit to Edinburgh in December just as I`ve been pleased to read about club`s presence at university events in last couple of years and about posters in Polish to attract Poles to ER since they were all ideas I and others have been suggesting for at least 10 years . Promoting club in hotels etc at rugby weekends was another on that list so hopefully we have been active this week in that respect . I remember when we played Swansea City in a friendly on a Friday night the night before Wales played at Murrayfield in the 70s / 80s . There were only about 4500 at the game but there were a couple of hundred Welsh fans ( rugby fans as game was arranged very late so weren`t football fans who`d travelled as you`d expect now ) . Not trying to start a " flag debate " ( feel ashamed I even have to say that ) but when Ireland play at Murrayfield there is an extra reason to try to attract rugby fans to ER .

ancient hibee
02-02-2017, 11:26 PM
If we'd singed Stokesey , would he have been on fire?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
Maybe if we'd chanted instead of singed.

hibsforeurope
03-02-2017, 08:55 AM
I would think so but only talking of hundreds not thousands I`d guess . Not just Hibs fans and possible fans of our opponents who go to Murrayfield but more so those who work in hotels , pubs etc who work extra at rugby weekends and so can`t make it to ER . On positive side hopefully some of the visiting sports fans at rugby weekends take an interest in Hibs and get to a match ( difficult this weekend with our match at same time as rugby ) or club shop or stadium tour . I was pleased to see Hibs leaflets in Edinburgh hotels on my last visit to Edinburgh in December just as I`ve been pleased to read about club`s presence at university events in last couple of years and about posters in Polish to attract Poles to ER since they were all ideas I and others have been suggesting for at least 10 years . Promoting club in hotels etc at rugby weekends was another on that list so hopefully we have been active this week in that respect . I remember when we played Swansea City in a friendly on a Friday night the night before Wales played at Murrayfield in the 70s / 80s . There were only about 4500 at the game but there were a couple of hundred Welsh fans ( rugby fans as game was arranged very late so weren`t football fans who`d travelled as you`d expect now ) . Not trying to start a " flag debate " ( feel ashamed I even have to say that ) but when Ireland play at Murrayfield there is an extra reason to try to attract rugby fans to ER .

With Friday night matches being more frequent and the Edinburgh police happy to allow games in the capital on Friday nights maybe Hibs should look exploiting the cities extra visitors on rugby weekends and move our home games to the Friday night? We will always be at home when Scotland are playing at Murrayfield.
There will be 20-30,000 Irish fans in the city over the weekend, even if we could get a small percentage of them to come to Easter Road on a Friday night that would be a decent amount of extra income to the club.
maybe worth looking into for years to come.

Keith_M
03-02-2017, 10:05 AM
There seem to be a few predictions of a much lower attendance but there are already three section sold out, another two that only have one ticket left and some others that have only a handful of tickets, so I don't think those predictions are correct.

The Dundee United game was a one-off, as regards attendance, but I think there'll be the usual 14k+ Hibs Fans at the game, which is a fantastic number in comparison to any season in the last 40 years.

brog
03-02-2017, 10:29 AM
With Friday night matches being more frequent and the Edinburgh police happy to allow games in the capital on Friday nights maybe Hibs should look exploiting the cities extra visitors on rugby weekends and move our home games to the Friday night? We will always be at home when Scotland are playing at Murrayfield.
There will be 20-30,000 Irish fans in the city over the weekend, even if we could get a small percentage of them to come to Easter Road on a Friday night that would be a decent amount of extra income to the club.

Although the police may prefer that. it's just not true. Only 2 seasons ago, when location of 6 nations fixtures was same as this season, we were away for 2 of the 3 home rugby games. The final one we were at home to Sevco so was moved to Sunday for TV anyway. You're correct that there is usually an imbalance however & hopefully Hibs are aware & are taking steps to rectify.

Zazu62
03-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Can u pay at the gate aye?

JimBHibees
03-02-2017, 10:38 AM
Can u pay at the gate aye?

Tickets from ticket pods for each stand.

Zazu62
03-02-2017, 10:49 AM
Tickets from ticket pods for each stand.

Cheers

HappyHanlon
03-02-2017, 12:39 PM

and some of them will be the 2 games a season mob who demanded a ticket for next weekend as it's against Hearts :rolleyes:

Fergos
03-02-2017, 12:47 PM

Great shout.

Any potential or current fans reps watching should take this up with the club. It's not a criticism more an opportunity but we need to be more innovative in terms of the amount of people / tourists coming to Edinburgh in getting them down to ER and speaking the good word when they go home!

GGTTH

Keith_M
03-02-2017, 06:22 PM
Can we play "Guess the attendance"?

I'll go for 14,783

ancient hibee
03-02-2017, 06:26 PM
Great shout.

Any potential or current fans reps watching should take this up with the club. It's not a criticism more an opportunity but we need to be more innovative in terms of the amount of people / tourists coming to Edinburgh in getting them down to ER and speaking the good word when they go home!

GGTTH

Is the club allowed to change a date?

Callum7
03-02-2017, 06:26 PM
Can we play "Guess the attendance"?

I'll go for 14,783

InchHibby
03-02-2017, 06:32 PM

NAE NOOKIE
03-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Dot counts aren't that accurate when it comes to bog standard league games .... according to the stadium plan section 45 in the east only has a few seats left, but section 44 which is a far more popular section still has about a 3rd of its seats left, I cant see that being right.

My guess is 13,500 which will still be a good effort considering we will lose some fans to the egg chasing and its not exactly the most glamorous of opposition ...... I also cant help thinking that a few of our more casual fans will be looking at that 8 point gap and thinking ( wrongly ) that its job done and they aren't really needed against a team they expect us to turn over nae bother.

Billy Whizz
03-02-2017, 06:58 PM
Is the club allowed to change a date?

A few clubs did on Xmas Eve. I presume that it needs both clubs to agree though

ancient hibee
03-02-2017, 07:03 PM
A few clubs did on Xmas Eve. I presume that it needs both clubs to agree though

Guess that's right.I see Edinburgh Rugby have got a full house at Myreside for Munster tonight.

Nakedmanoncrack
03-02-2017, 07:23 PM

No chance, most people want football at 3 on a Saturday, moving to accomodate a handful of supporters of another sport who might come along if they feel like it, is hardly a good reason to inconvenience the actual supporters.

greenginger
03-02-2017, 08:59 PM
Since nobody else was going to do it, I've had a go.

Make it 1270 available for Hibs supporters.

West - 590
FF - 243
East - 437

AlbertK86
03-02-2017, 09:30 PM
Leeann said on Peter and Roughie earlier tonight she was expecting between 15-16k

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Green Diet
04-02-2017, 12:32 AM
Greenginger you are the new Callum.

Keith_M
04-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Since nobody else was going to do it, I've had a go.

Make it 1270 available for Hibs supporters.

West - 590
FF - 243
East - 437

Problem with that, GG, is that the club took the tickets for the Pod sales offline just after lunchtime.

If you want to be the new Callum, you have to count them before Friday Afternoon

:wink:

Youz are takin the p1ss now, aren't ye

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif

Pretty Boy
04-02-2017, 09:26 AM
Problem with that, GG, is that the club took the tickets for the Pod sales offline just after lunchtime.

If you want to be the new Callum, you have to count them before Friday Afternoon

:wink:

Youz are takin the p1ss now, aren't ye

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif

P2ss