PDA

View Full Version : I'm now worried about going to Swinie next weekend

MB62
02-02-2017, 08:18 AM
Did you see the state of that pitch last night? What a mess! Have the builders just been dumping all their excess sand on it? I think this could be a great leveller and would now be happy to get them back to Easter Road so we can play on a proper football surface.

Eddie Burntool
02-02-2017, 08:46 AM
Did you see the state of that pitch last night? What a mess! Have the builders just been dumping all their excess sand on it? I think this could be a great leveller and would now be happy to get them back to Easter Road so we can play on a proper football surface.

If the pitch is crap, that might actually suit us - the Yams will be thinking they're Barcelona after Sevco last night and will try to play silky football, which will be their downfall!

Best defence in Europe + deluded Yams = stunning victory.

Am still confident.

MB62
02-02-2017, 08:52 AM
If the pitch is crap, that might actually suit us - the Yams will be thinking they're Barcelona after Sevco last night and will try to play silky football, which will be their downfall!

Best defence in Europe + deluded Yams = stunning victory.

Am still confident.

:thumbsup: :flag:

hibsbollah
02-02-2017, 09:03 AM
That would be a concern if we were still a possession 'flair' side like a Mowbray or Collins incarnation. These days we can play both ways but we've probably been at our best when playing fast, direct, mixing early high balls with short passing and getting bodies behind the ball instead of pressing high up.

Which will be perfect for the tattie field.

Hiber-nation
02-02-2017, 09:06 AM
That would be a concern if we were still a possession 'flair' side like a Mowbray or Collins incarnation. These days we can play both ways but we've probably been at our best when playing fast, direct, mixing early high balls with short passing and getting bodies behind the ball instead of pressing high up.

Which will be perfect for the tattie field.

Yep, last night's hun performance reminded me of the bad old days when we turned up, tried to play nice football and got horsed. We'll be fine.

MrSmith
02-02-2017, 09:08 AM
I worry more about the jambos 12th man!

Never an equal contest.

Hiber-nation
02-02-2017, 09:13 AM
I worry more about the jambos 12th man!

Never an equal contest.

Thomson gave us plenty 50:50 decisions in the last derby at the piggery. It'll be fine.

CallumLaidlaw
02-02-2017, 09:24 AM
I think due to the pitch its a game we'll definitely see Holt starting in, and I fully expect big Marv in there too. Expecting...

........Cummings......Holt

...............Keatings

..........Fyvie........Mcginn

................Bartley

Lewis..Fonts...McGregor...Gray

...............Laidlaw

MB62
02-02-2017, 09:48 AM
I think due to the pitch its a game we'll definitely see Holt starting in, and I fully expect big Marv in there too. Expecting...

...............Keatings

................Bartley

...............Laidlaw

Could be the team to do the job :aok:

21sMay
02-02-2017, 11:53 AM
Lennon will have the players right up for this! I'm gonna go for a 0-2 the the cabbage , no fear of them at all , bring them on. Cummings at the double

danhibees1875
02-02-2017, 11:56 AM

...............Keatings

................Bartley

...............Laidlaw

I hope you're right! That's the team id go with. I wonder if our Xi V Ayr this weekend will give a clue as to what we go with at Tynie or if it's horses for courses stuff.

ancient hibee
02-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Would imagine we'll play Humph.and Boyle against Ayr from the start.

MB62
02-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Lennon will have the players right up for this! I'm gonna go for a 0-2 the the cabbage , no fear of them at all , bring them on. Cummings at the double

No fear pf them at all, but definitely feared of that cabbage patch. We have bigger fish to fry until the end of the season and I am concerned about injuries.

02-02-2017, 01:11 PM
The pitch is awful, its cut up all over the park. They showed on camera after the game last night of their groundsmen on the park picking up huge clumps of grass. As i mentioned on another thread, I've seen sunday league and public park pitches in better nick (not even kidding!). The ball was bobbling about all over the place, Laidlaw will have to watch out for that as it can direct the ball away from keepers.

Grubby, rusty tin can stadium with a tattie field of a pitch. Absolutely nothing nice about that place at all, a dump in every sense of the word.

MB62
02-02-2017, 01:29 PM
The pitch is awful, its cut up all over the park. They showed on camera after the game last night of their groundsmen on the park picking up huge clumps of grass. As i mentioned on another thread, I've seen sunday league and public park pitches in better nick (not even kidding!). The ball was bobbling about all over the place, Laidlaw will have to watch out for that as it can direct the ball away from keepers.

Grubby, rusty tin can stadium with a tattie field of a pitch. Absolutely nothing nice about that place at all, a dump in every sense of the word.

:agree:

jacomo
02-02-2017, 02:08 PM

Surely Hearts have a responsibility to provide a better pitch than that, even if they do have building works going on?

JimBHibees
02-02-2017, 02:14 PM

...............Keatings

................Bartley

...............Laidlaw

I think will be very similar to that, may even just play one up.

JimBHibees
02-02-2017, 02:16 PM
Does anyone think the pitch was deliberately set up like that. As didnt look anywhere Near as bad as that against Bonnyrigg and there has only been played on once since after 3 weeks or so of no games on it. Seemed too bad to be true IMO.

SChibs
02-02-2017, 02:20 PM
Keeper and back 4 pick themselves.
Fyvie. Bartley
Humphrey. Mcginn. Boyle
Cummings.

Similar to the side that beat Dundee Utd

SanFranHibs
02-02-2017, 02:22 PM
Does anyone think the pitch was deliberately set up like that. As didnt look anywhere Near as bad as that against Bonnyrigg and there has only been played on once since after 3 weeks or so of no games on it. Seemed too bad to be true IMO.

I do recall them watering the pitch last season when there was no need.

I expect a tight game but as long as there is no jiggery-pokery at the piggery I am not too worried.

:flag:

The Modfather
02-02-2017, 02:33 PM

...............Keatings

................Bartley

...............Laidlaw

Understand where you are coming from, and it is a one off game, but I hope that isn't the team. No pace or width at all and would be a step backward watching Gray and Stevenson as our attacking outlets again.

emerald green
02-02-2017, 02:41 PM

The Yams had a match postponed last season (in February 2016) after their ridiculous wee pitch failed an early afternoon inspection.

The game, against Partick Thistle, was called off less than two hours before kick off. IIRC there were suggestions that they never tried a leg to remove a wee drop sleet and snow from the edge of the pitch.

CallumLaidlaw
02-02-2017, 02:41 PM
Understand where you are coming from, and it is a one off game, but I hope that isn't the team. No pace or width at all and would be a step backward watching Gray and Stevenson as our attacking outlets again.

Lennon likes to adapt to games. Went narrow at Dumbarton and will maybe think the same about tynie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portyhibernian
02-02-2017, 02:51 PM
4-5-1 with Boyle an and Humphrey wide for me. Disrupt their game and keep Walker off the ball. Their left back looks vulnerable to me although seems ok coming forward. Get him square on as much as possible with Humphrey.

Deansy
02-02-2017, 03:28 PM

One night before a derby years ago, their sprinklers were 'inadvertently left on overnight' - make no mistake about them, every time you think they've reached absolute rock-bottom, they'll find another spade !

However, a repeat of our performance against Dundee Utd will be more than adequate to take care of them.

JimBHibees
02-02-2017, 04:04 PM
The Yams had a match postponed last season (in February 2016) after their ridiculous wee pitch failed an early afternoon inspection.

The game, against Partick Thistle, was called off less than two hours before kick off. IIRC there were suggestions that they never tried a leg to remove a wee drop sleet and snow from the edge of the pitch.

That was the day that it was the only professional game off in the UK and games were going on at teh Gyle and Saughton park also just a few days before our cup replay. :rolleyes: :cb

JimBHibees
02-02-2017, 04:05 PM
One night before a derby years ago, their sprinklers were 'inadvertently left on overnight' - make no mistake about them, every time you think they've reached absolute rock-bottom, they'll find another spade !

However, a repeat of our performance against Dundee Utd will be more than adequate to take care of them.

Was that to put the game off?

Pete
02-02-2017, 04:10 PM
To be honest I'm not worried but after last night they aren't the joke I thought they were. WTF was that all about? The players they brought in look like decent, seasoned pros and we'll have to be at 100% at all times.

However, talk about them suddenly turning into Real Madrid is nonsense, as is talk about them hammering us. They still have weaknesses and are about to find out how stubborn we can be.

Could be a single goal that wins it.

Deansy
02-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Was that to put the game off?

Nah, it was about when Riordan, Brown, Thomson etc were starting to emerge and we were getting a reputation for playing fast, flowing football on the ground - might've been a New Year's derby but I'm not sure of the date ?. Pitch was heavy as, so our game suffered however I'm almost certain it ended in a draw ?.

02-02-2017, 04:37 PM
Pal whos a Jambo saying theres a thread on kickback about this thread and apparently they will hammer us 😂 im not getting overly confident but it will be a tight game im going for 3-2 hibs as hearts have goals in them as we all seen/heard last night. It may have been against a poor rangers but they still scored 4. I personally dont think anyone should go to this game expecting a hibs win its not going to be easy for either side.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

patlowe
02-02-2017, 04:47 PM
Fyvie. Bartley
Humphrey. Mcginn. Boyle
Cummings.

Think it will be this but with Holt in for Boyle. I think Humphreys and Gray could have joy against their left back but their right back looks a good player so I can see McGinn playing leftish in midfield (rather than Boyle) to try to nullify that.

I said from the start that this was a bad draw for Hibs - no game at Tynie will ever be a foregone conclusion for us and those suggesting otherwise in this case were/are mad. Still, last night's result doesn't terrify me as, unlike Rangers, our defence is strong and our manager will never approach a game in the bizarre way Warburton often does.

Keith_M
02-02-2017, 04:47 PM
Pal whos a Jambo saying theres a thread on kickback about this thread and apparently they will hammer us 😂 im not getting overly confident but it will be a tight game im going for 3-2 hibs as hearts have goals in them as we all seen/heard last night. It may have been against a poor rangers but they still scored 4. I personally dont think anyone should go to this game expecting a hibs win its not going to be easy for either side.

Somebody should start a thread on here about the thread on Kickback that's about this thread.

SirDavidsNapper
02-02-2017, 04:49 PM
We're used to playing on tattie fields

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2017, 04:50 PM
Cannae believe some of the posts on here. You don't become a good team over night. Hearts were pish up until they came up against one of the worst the Rangers sides I've ever seen! Normal service will be resumed when they go to fir park on Saturday. :-)

02-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Somebody should start a thread on here about the thread on Kickback that's about this thread.
Agreed. 😂

Callum_62
02-02-2017, 05:17 PM
Its a tough game - anyone that thinks otherwise is wrong

Could go either way. I dont really fancy us but we can certainly win at Tynie

Hibby Kay-Yay
02-02-2017, 05:19 PM
Same setup of team that played against Utd and that should see us through.

emerald green
02-02-2017, 06:03 PM
That was the day that it was the only professional game off in the UK and games were going on at teh Gyle and Saughton park also just a few days before our cup replay. :rolleyes: :cb

That's the one. Ridiculous for a professional club with full time ground staff (I assume?). Still stinks to high heaven.

They will try anything when it comes to games against Hibs it seems. Justice was done when Hibs put them out again though.

MB62
02-02-2017, 06:56 PM

Gave my work mate a lift down the road and he says to me 'ended up going to the game last night, I'm glad I did, hertz were absolutely 'brilliant'. He then went on to describe how brilliant they were and how they could have scored six, until I pointed out I actually watched a lot of it on telly and 'brilliant' is not exactly how I would describe them. They were on the back foot for the latter part of the first half and were a bit fortunate not to be 2-1 down at half time, only a miracle/lucky save from their keeper saved them. The The rangers defended like school bairns and their star man is nearly 38 years old. It was a good result and things went right for them, a couple of their signings possibly even look decent, but they are not Barcelona and I still think it is too close to call. The result will be down to who turns up on the day and possibly more importantly, who gets the luck of the bounce on that pitch.

GreenOnions
02-02-2017, 07:06 PM
Fyvie. Bartley
Humphrey. Mcginn. Boyle
Cummings.

This is more like it for me. Hearts will play with two wide attackers. That gave TRFC problems last night as Tavernier and Wallace were unable to get forward.

Gray and Stevenson will have to sit deeper than normal and if we also play Humphrey and Boyle then we have an attacking threat wide as well.

Would love to see McGeouch play but Hearts look like they have their usual team of big strapping lads so we need an extra bit of height and strength I feel.

monktonharp
02-02-2017, 11:21 PM
I happen to think that we will manage another draw, and possibly closer than last time. 1-1, would suit me, as if we get them back to the Holy Ground we will be able to play football, instead of hoofball. depending on how many penalties they get of course! do remember that they got 2 penalties in the Raith game. they seem to have a "knack" of getting the odd Peno. do they practise this in training? I actually hoped that we'd get a draw last year in this fixture with them and got shot down in flames iirc.

monktonharp
02-02-2017, 11:29 PM
[QUOTE=GreenOnions;4930394]This is more like it for me. Hearts will play with two wide attackers. That gave TRFC problems last night as Tavernier and Wallace were unable to get forward.

Gray and Stevenson will have to sit deeper than normal and if we also play Humphrey and Boyle then we have an attacking threat wide as well.

Would love to see McGeouch play but Hearts look like they have their usual team of big strapping lads so we need an extra bit of height and strength I feel.[/QUOTE:agree:]for me, if we do have the 2 fast men on the wings, as long as we can keep it tight without playing McGeoch, we can give them some surprises when we use Humphries and Boyle on the wings.

Ray_
03-02-2017, 06:25 AM

...............Keatings

................Bartley

...............Laidlaw

They play their full backs high up the pitch & the lack of speed at the back, I would go more for speed and mobility.

Libby Hibby
03-02-2017, 06:49 AM
One swallow does not make a summer.

Let's not get carried away with their against the Rangers.

Let's not get too carried away with our current good form.

It's a Derby and they pretty much don't go to plan.

They will be up for it, so will we.

I think we have the better players in the key positions but they will need to perform at their best to beat Hearts at Tynecastle.

More crucially, I think we have the better manager, a manager used to the big game occasion, a manager who will take the heat of the players in the build up to the game and say the right things to them and to the press before the match.

Cathro will be their weakness, they think it's all clicked into place, let them think that, their arrogance will be there down fall.

2-0 Hibs in the game forever known as the Grant Holt derby.

GGTTH 💚

MB62
03-02-2017, 08:23 AM
One swallow does not make a summer.

Let's not get carried away with their against the Rangers.

Let's not get too carried away with our current good form.

It's a Derby and they pretty much don't go to plan.

They will be up for it, so will we.

I think we have the better players in the key positions but they will need to perform at their best to beat Hearts at Tynecastle.

More crucially, I think we have the better manager, a manager used to the big game occasion, a manager who will take the heat of the players in the build up to the game and say the right things to them and to the press before the match.

Cathro will be their weakness, they think it's all clicked into place, let them think that, their arrogance will be there down fall.

2-0 Hibs in the game forever known as the Grant Holt derby.

GGTTH 💚

Rangers are p15h, that result has not got me either up nor down about game. What I'm worried about is the state of that midden of a pitch, as per my OP. I know the Yams are wetting themselves about it and now think they are world beaters but again, as I said before, that pitch is a great leveller.
This is going to be a battle rather than a game of football.

JimboHibs
03-02-2017, 08:35 AM
Its a tough game - anyone that thinks otherwise is wrong

Could go either way. I dont really fancy us but we can certainly win at Tynie

So your in two minds then ?

mjhibby
03-02-2017, 09:07 AM
Rangers are p15h, that result has not got me either up nor down about game. What I'm worried about is the state of that midden of a pitch, as per my OP. I know the Yams are wetting themselves about it and now think they are world beaters but again, as I said before, that pitch is a great leveller.
This is going to be a battle rather than a game of football.

Biggest laugh was hearing Cathy talking about pressing football as if he invented it. If he tries it against us the likes of mcginn,fyfie and Bartley will lap it up. I think Neil will play the same team as against qos apart from maybe Marvin in for shinnie and then bring Humphrey and Boyle on when game is more open. If he wants a battle there will only be one winner with the likes of darren mcgregor loving the challenge. I think the game will be won in midfield and we are clearly better. Its who plays on the day and we need to exploit their weakness at full back. Only worry is them diving for free kicks around the box. Im actually more confident now they have beat sevco as we are going to be more up for this than ever. Ayr game more important right now as is promotion. They have to win so lets see if they can handle the pressure.

Ich liebe Deek
03-02-2017, 10:23 AM
If I was going to the PBS my biggest fear would be bumping into that Jambo that goes to the matches dressed as a tiger.See him on BT sports whenever they are on.Creepy freak is defo on a register somewhere.

MB62
03-02-2017, 12:08 PM
If I was going to the PBS my biggest fear would be bumping into that Jambo that goes to the matches dressed as a tiger.See him on BT sports whenever they are on.Creepy freak is defo on a register somewhere.

:faf:

jeffers
03-02-2017, 12:13 PM
My worry is the referee falling for one of Jamie Walkers customary dives in the box and awarding them a penalty.

EH54
03-02-2017, 12:21 PM
Stop Walker we win IMO, Walker is on some form for them and needs stopping early on. I have confidence in this Hibs team to get something out this game its always going to be tough in a Edinburgh Derby but honesty think we have the edge now. Bring THEM on!

3pts on Saturday is a must going into this game though.

MB62
03-02-2017, 01:45 PM
Stop Walker we win IMO, Walker is on some form for them and needs stopping early on. I have confidence in this Hibs team to get something out this game its always going to be tough in a Edinburgh Derby but honesty think we have the edge now. Bring THEM on!

:agree:

Northern Hibby
03-02-2017, 02:51 PM
Just watched highlights of 4-1 **** v the **** game awful defending by the ****, our defence is far superior we'd never give away such sloppy goals **** won't find it as easy next Sunday!

GGTTH

Captain Trips
03-02-2017, 03:31 PM
No more worried than before I am confident we have the players to win the match. Big deal they hammered The Rangers even Colin Calderwood managed that against Rangers.

2-1 for Hibs

Sean1875
03-02-2017, 05:58 PM
Just get Bartley to steamroll through that prick Walker over and over and the games ours, they have no depth of quality there. Didn't see anything particularly on Wednesday night that worried me, only 1/4 of their goals actually involved any decent football and wasn't gifted to them by one of the worst Rangers defences I can ever recall seeing.

Obviously form goes completely out of the window for derbies, but if we can keep the head and stick to our game plan then we've nothing to fear :agree:

Keith_M
03-02-2017, 06:06 PM

Players are almost never carded in the first couple of minutes, so get Big Marv to slice him in two immediately after the kick-off.

One_Sauzee
03-02-2017, 06:11 PM
A win against a piss poor Rangers team and they think they're world beaters. :faf:

This Hearts team is worse than all the teams we've played in the past few year so we are right to have every confidence going into this game.

We have a settled team and certainly no push overs. Whereas they don't have their usual huddy squad anymore and actually appear quite light weight. Keep Walker quiet and it's ours.

Let's bully them Hibs and continue the dominance!! :lolyam:

Vini1875
03-02-2017, 06:29 PM
I am glad they think they are world beaters. Their result against the huns might actually help us to not think this is going to be a walk over, also their arrogance can be their downfall. I don't like when we assume all we have to do is turn up. This is a roll the sleeves up type of game. Go with the right attitude and we win.

emerald green
03-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Players are almost never carded in the first couple of minutes, so get Big Marv to slice him in two immediately after the kick-off.

I think if he does that, he will get a straight red card.

Betty Boop
03-02-2017, 07:01 PM
​Tom English gushing in his praise of them. He's changed his tune.

stoneyburn hibs
03-02-2017, 07:14 PM
​Tom English gushing in his praise of them. He's changed his tune.

He certainly has, it definitely has been a pattern with him. Rated by a lot of people but he really has no essence. Wind and pish pundit who can spell/speak better than his current peers.

tamig
03-02-2017, 07:33 PM

Big Marv gets red cards for doing nowt though. So don't think that approach would work somehow.

mjhibby
03-02-2017, 08:30 PM
So your in two minds then ?

I used to in two minds but now I'm just indecisive. I'll get my coat.

MB62
03-02-2017, 09:39 PM
I used to in two minds but now I'm just indecisive. I'll get my coat.

Or will you?