PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: BEHIND THE GOALS OPEN FOR EDINBURGH DERBY

RSS Bot
01-02-2017, 07:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7234)

PatHead
01-02-2017, 09:06 PM
Good initiative from Hibs. Stadium should be used as much as possible.

JK Rolling
01-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Great idea.

wookie70
01-02-2017, 10:14 PM
A very good idea from the club.

Itsnoteasy
01-02-2017, 10:19 PM
Only a good idea if it was a beam back, but it's live on the telly. I wouldn't be giving a £5 for that. Just go to your local & get a decent pint.

macca70
01-02-2017, 10:27 PM
Only a good idea if it was a beam back, but it's live on the telly. I wouldn't be giving a £5 for that. Just go to your local & get a decent pint.

You get a drink for the fiver, including alcohol.

The point is, you are spending money that is benefitting the club surrounded by only Hibby's, no dafties that you get in most pubs in Edinburgh.

Admittedly the beer/lager options aren't great, maybe this is 1 for the fans reps to influence

lyonhibs
01-02-2017, 10:54 PM

The point is, you are spending money that is benefitting the club surrounded by only Hibby's, no dafties that you get in most pubs in Edinburgh.

Admittedly the beer/lager options aren't great, maybe this is 1 for the fans reps to influence

That makes the fairly unstable assumption that no Hibbies are dafties 😋

Great idea though.

monktonharp
01-02-2017, 10:57 PM

Admittedly the beer/lager options aren't great, maybe this is 1 for the fans reps to influence So, let's get this straight. you get a drink, for a fiver and it's actually an alcoholic drink. your are surrounded by Hibbies, which we all are, but nane of us are dafties because Hibbies dinnae dae dafty:rolleyes: and, most pubs in Edin.. are full o' dafties, are they?:confused: oh, I forgot, is the beer/lager any guid? think I will give this one a bodyswerve, btw.

Eddie Burntool
01-02-2017, 11:02 PM
That sounds decent, good shout by the club.

macca70
01-02-2017, 11:08 PM
So, let's get this straight. you get a drink, for a fiver and it's actually an alcoholic drink. your are surrounded by Hibbies, which we all are, but nane of us are dafties because Hibbies dinnae dae dafty:rolleyes: and, most pubs in Edin.. are full o' dafties, are they?:confused: oh, I forgot, is the beer/lager any guid? think I will give this one a bodyswerve, btw.

You forgot to mention it's much needed cash for the club, if your going to spend money behind a bar, why not see Hibs benefit

macca70
01-02-2017, 11:11 PM
That makes the fairly unstable assumption that no Hibbies are dafties 😋

Great idea though.

Unless the definition of daftie is paying for overpriced rubbish beer served in a plastic cup.

dp00
02-02-2017, 07:35 AM
I would be keen on this if the football was going to be a top quality picture with none of the daft adverts around it and they promised the service would be quicker than when I was at the Dundee united game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SChibs
02-02-2017, 07:44 AM
Was great last year. Great idea for fans that couldn't get a ticket but obviously still not good enough for some

Itsnoteasy
02-02-2017, 07:46 AM

I am guessing that you are a frequent user of most pubs in Edinburgh when fitbaw is on the telly.
And what aboot the dafties that jumped the ticket queue are they not hibs fans.

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2017, 07:47 AM
I am guessing that you are a frequent user of most pubs in Edinburgh when fitbaw is on the telly.
And what aboot the dafties that jumped the ticket queue are they not hibs fans.

They'll no be there - they all managed to get tickets. :wink:

silverhibee
02-02-2017, 02:13 PM
They'll no be there - they all managed to get tickets. :wink:

:agree:

Not so daft "eh" :greengrin

Iggy Pope
02-02-2017, 02:19 PM
I'll be passing on this.

Leith's finest
02-02-2017, 02:30 PM
Wish people would stop moaning, If you want to go just go, if you don't fancy it don't go, the club are giving you an option thats all.Me myself i'm waiting to see what my hibees family are doing

scoopyboy
02-02-2017, 02:34 PM
I think it's a good idea.

If you think it's a crap idea, poor value blah blah blah then the answer is obvious, don't go and let those who attend do so without people whinging in their ears.

Pretty Boy
02-02-2017, 02:34 PM

If you think it's a crap idea, poor value blah blah blah then the answer is obvious, don't go and let those who attend do so without people whinging in their ears.

Exactly.

I'm not going to my local chippy tonight because it's crap. I don't feel the need to announce it to the world though.

Brooster
02-02-2017, 02:43 PM
Exactly.

I'm not going to my local chippy tonight because it's crap. I don't feel the need to announce it to the world though.

Spot on. Why do folk need to brag about not going? Strange.

I think it's a great idea, shows the club are using their imagination.

Peevemor
02-02-2017, 02:44 PM
Exactly.

How dare it be crap! PETRIEEEE!!!!! :grr:

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2017, 02:44 PM
I would be keen on this if the football was going to be a top quality picture with none of the daft adverts around it and they promised the service would be quicker than when I was at the Dundee united game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the bar staff or Lewis?

:cb

JimBHibees
02-02-2017, 02:51 PM
Good idea, the last time I was there for a party beer was reasonable to be honest.

Good initiative by the club.

Iggy Pope
02-02-2017, 03:31 PM

Exactly.

Will the forum not therefore collapse if we restrict threads to only positive or supposedly witty response? They can stuff BTG for me. Bad enough in there for a half hour before kick off far less enduring an entire derby in there.
How much revenue does BTG generate I wonder? If it's significant I'd hope they'd do something to make it more attractive. But they don't.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-02-2017, 03:49 PM
Exactly.

Do Hibs own it? If not, that post would be better off in the pet peeves thread.

Onceinawhile
02-02-2017, 03:54 PM
Will the forum not therefore collapse if we restrict threads to only positive or supposedly witty response? They can stuff BTG for me. Bad enough in there for a half hour before kick off far less enduring an entire derby in there.
How much revenue does BTG generate I wonder? If it's significant I'd hope they'd do something to make it more attractive. But they don't.

If the revenue is already significant why spend more to make it attractive?

Col2
02-02-2017, 04:00 PM
I know it should matter but what are the TV screens like? Are they big enough for a decent view and atmosphere? I haven't been to BTG for a while.

Also it says you need to collect ticket - is that right? Given its only £5 Shirley you can print off confirmation and turn up?

Iggy Pope
02-02-2017, 04:40 PM
If the revenue is already significant why spend more to make it attractive?

Is it significant? That's what I asked. Why answer with another question?

GreenCastle
03-02-2017, 06:04 PM
I know it should matter but what are the TV screens like? Are they big enough for a decent view and atmosphere? I haven't been to BTG for a while.

Also it says you need to collect ticket - is that right? Given its only £5 Shirley you can print off confirmation and turn up?

Was wondering this also about the screens? Is it just one or several and seats or ? Is the screen decent quality ?

SChibs
03-02-2017, 07:45 PM
Was wondering this also about the screens? Is it just one or several and seats or ? Is the screen decent quality ?

They have a big screen that they can pull down, they used it last year.