PDA

View Full Version : Change of tactics for hearts game?

AugustaHibs
01-02-2017, 07:36 PM
Just watching the two brothers play on bt just now, the pitch is absolutely embarrassing! Will Lennon notice this and change the way we play?

oneone73
01-02-2017, 07:37 PM
Just watching the two brothers play on bt just now, the pitch is absolutely embarrassing! Will Lennon notice this and change the way we play?

We played there 10 days ago. He'll know.

JimBHibees
01-02-2017, 07:37 PM
How is that pitch so bad it has barely benn played on.

bingo70
01-02-2017, 07:38 PM
The only tactic he'll learn tonight is to target the leg back. He's dreadful.

jabis
01-02-2017, 07:38 PM
that pitch is brutal.

SirDavidsNapper
01-02-2017, 07:39 PM
They will grow the length, dig holes, flood the pitch, anything to stop us playing and drag us down to their level. It's the Hearts way.

SlickShoes
01-02-2017, 07:44 PM
Hearts aren't daft I'm sure they've dug up that pitch to stop rangers playing football

joe t
01-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Hearts aren't daft I'm sure they've dug up that pitch to stop rangers playing football

This.

Canon Hannan
01-02-2017, 09:07 PM
Pitch has always been poor. Hearts were ok but Sevco shocking. Motherwell will win on Saturday and leave us to finish them off.

JK Rolling
01-02-2017, 09:23 PM
If you always do what you've always done you'll always get what you've always got.

With this in mind we need to change nothing - We play the way we do and WIN. Simple.

truehibernian
01-02-2017, 09:25 PM

We certainly won't be rigidly playing 4-3-3 with players like Waghorn and MacKay doing sweet fa defending or closing down.

Hearts won by playing percentages and using the width of the pitch. The Rangers play full backs high, with very static centre halves - two goals came from quick free kicks into wide areas and crosses into the box quickly. Fortunately we also don't have a goalkeeper who is told to constantly circulate the ball quickly. Rolling a ball out to a player with back to goal ? Suicidal. Then coming for a cross ten yards off his line with centre halves in 'no man's land' ?

I'd be tempted to go 3-5-2, playing Gray on the right of McGregor, Fontaine left. I'd then have Humphrey one side, Lewy other, Fyvie, McGinn and Keatings - Holt and Cummings up top. The space on Sowah's left in particular was huge.

Really looking forward to this game - it'll be a battle.

truehibernian
01-02-2017, 09:28 PM

Cathro insists on the pitch being watered heavily immediately prior to kick off each half, often causing a wee delay to wait for them going off. They also have heat lamps on the wide areas through the week when not used. That's why Hibs should use the width of the pitch, get it quickly up and wide, and get crosses into their box.

southsider
01-02-2017, 09:33 PM
Quite pleased they won. Will stop all the rubbish that we will walk it. Will be a very hard game. Ref must be strong. They go down quicker than Christine Keeller.

OxoHibby
01-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Pitch has always been poor. Hearts were ok but Sevco shocking. Motherwell will win on Saturday and leave us to finish them off.

This

Unseen work
01-02-2017, 09:37 PM
Nope, let them worry about us.

We now have the players that have quality on the all aswell as being able to do the dirty side of the game.