PDA

View Full Version : Well done Frank Dougan and the Ticket Office Staff

Pretty Boy
01-02-2017, 05:39 PM
There will rightly be a lot of criticism of Hibs ticketing arrangements today. It's something that urgently needs looked at and hopefully that is fed back.

However in amongst the madness I was very impressed with Frank Dougan. At ER early doors and helped calm a potentially tetchy situation re the queue, putting up tape to stop queue jumping, handing out vouchers (along with Greig Mailer for a spell), helping arrange teas and coffees and generally being a good presence. I understand he is retired and has the time to do this but he handled a crap situation well and earned a few fans. Hopefully he can feedback the flaws in the system to the other board members.

Also the ticket office staff were great, really friendly in the face of some unwarranted criticism.

When all is said and done these people are only working to a system implemented from above and they done their jobs as well as possible in the circumstances.

Jay
01-02-2017, 05:46 PM
Ive actually just sent a very similar message to be passed on to Frank.

Today was an utter shambles but Frank turned up, took control and tried to make a bad situation better. He was still there when my son eventually got his tickets around 2pm too.

For those, like me, who didnt know what role Frank could play as a fans rep because he isnt communicative online and "only turns up at funerals" Id say today totally proved what his role is within the club, feet on the ground among the fans. Doing jobs nobody else is able to or wants to do.

wookie70
01-02-2017, 05:49 PM
We could do with a virtual Frank too.

hibs0666
01-02-2017, 05:56 PM
We could do with a virtual Frank too.

Nah I'd rather have the Frank that does real things. There's plenty keyboard warriors/whiners that could start bother with their latpop's shadow.

Frank was brilliant today - much respect.

Bostonhibby
01-02-2017, 06:06 PM
Nah I'd rather have the Frank that does real things. There's plenty keyboard warriors/whiners that could start bother with their latpop's shadow.

Frank was brilliant today - much respect.
An issue that's definitely fan relevant. He got the experience of it first hand. If he follows it up with the board and feeds back then that's what I thought reps were for and good on him.

Deeds rather than words. Never got my vote last time but might here

scoopyboy
01-02-2017, 06:59 PM
Frank does a lot round Easter Road to help the staff, especially the Ticket Office area.

Nothing to do with being a Director, just the fact he loves the club and the stadium.

If he gets voted off as a Fan Rep I would wager heavily he would still be mucking in at the club.

Betty Boop
01-02-2017, 07:27 PM
frank does a lot round easter road to help the staff, especially the ticket office area.

Nothing to do with being a director, just the fact he loves the club and the stadium.

if he gets voted off as a fan rep i would wager heavily he would still be mucking in at the club.
100%!

Billy Whizz
01-02-2017, 07:33 PM
Well done Frank, again

Danderhall Hibs
01-02-2017, 07:41 PM
Seems like he's done well today, although I'd argue that this isn't what I'd expect a fans director to be doing. No one would want to do this though so good on him for digging in.

Maybe he could seal the vote by going forward with loyalty points at the heart of his manifesto?

wazoo1875
01-02-2017, 07:59 PM
Have to agree with the op, was a bit of a shambles till the big guy came in and started organising things. Well played Frank and also the ticket staff who were obviously a bit stretched again 👏👏👏

southfieldhibby
01-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Would also like to add to the good wishes to frank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
01-02-2017, 08:07 PM
There will rightly be a lot of criticism of Hibs ticketing arrangements today. It's something that urgently needs looked at and hopefully that is fed back.

However in amongst the madness I was very impressed with Frank Dougan. At ER early doors and helped calm a potentially tetchy situation re the queue, putting up tape to stop queue jumping, handing out vouchers (along with Greig Mailer for a spell), helping arrange teas and coffees and generally being a good presence. I understand he is retired and has the time to do this but he handled a crap situation well and earned a few fans. Hopefully he can feedback the flaws in the system to the other board members.

Also the ticket office staff were great, really friendly in the face of some unwarranted criticism.

When all is said and done these people are only working to a system implemented from above and they done their jobs as well as possible in the circumstances.

Hibs class from Frank and the ticket office today.
If Frank can be given a wee hand with the social media side of things he really is the best fans rep.
Gives his time and cares passionately about the club and supporters.

Despite the ticket issues, the childish tantrams, queue jumping etc by some Hibs supporters today has been a disappointment. Definately not Hibs class.

ben johnson
01-02-2017, 08:20 PM
Would also like to add to the good wishes to frank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Frank was doing a grand job this am. More than a number of Hibs fans who only thought of themselves and more or less just ignored the queue in order to get served ahead of fellow Hibbies. Never seen that before and hopefully the last time but I won't hold my breath. Pathetic really.

Ronniekirk
01-02-2017, 08:22 PM
Happened to end up sitting at a table Frank was at at the Glasgow Persevered event
Having never spoken to him before i was impressed by his clear love and passion for the club ,and his committment was clear to see .
We had several Frank ( pardon the pun ) discussions about his role and given my negative experiences at ibrox i broached this subject with him
I now understand what happened with that issue
I would have no hesitation in voting for Frank along with someone who can be more communicative on this forum
Charlene has started off like an express train on that front

Deansy
01-02-2017, 09:49 PM
Happened to end up sitting at a table Frank was at at the Glasgow Persevered event
Having never spoken to him before i was impressed by his clear love and passion for the club ,and his committment was clear to see .
We had several Frank ( pardon the pun ) discussions about his role and given my negative experiences at ibrox i broached this subject with him
I now understand what happened with that issue
I would have no hesitation in voting for Frank along with someone who can be more communicative on this forum
Charlene has started off like an express train on that front

Sorry but could you expand on this, please - I despise the way we (and every other club) gets treated at 'The ground where football goes to die' !!

PatHead
01-02-2017, 10:02 PM
Sorry but could you expand on this, please - I despise the way we (and every other club) gets treated at 'The ground where football goes to die' !!

Hibs via Leeann raised this with the new club. Leeann wanted to deal with it herself.She mentioned this at the AGM

Forza Fred
01-02-2017, 10:03 PM
Frank would literally do anything for Hibs, and there is no doubting his commitment.

The fact however that any director has to step in on a hands on basis at the coal face so to speak, suggests that the operational management of the club is not operating as well as it should.

This should have been a pretty routine occurrence.

.Sean.
01-02-2017, 10:13 PM
Thought Frank was great today, very calm, collected and reassuring when he seen I was papping myself about losing out!

The Australian woman in the ticket office couldn't have been any more helpful either, very patient etc as I had a wee bit of bother with one of our client refs but she made a point of getting it all sorted out. Top class from all involved :agree::top marks

Ronniekirk
01-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Hibs via Leeann raised this with the new club. Leeann wanted to deal with it herself.She mentioned this at the AGM

Think this one wont go away though Pat We dont know the outcome of her discussions and the Cup Final nonsense took over whete they used the media to have a field day castigating us and giving thier fans ammunition to write a lot of bile
I will think very carefully before i decide whether to go to the next away game at Ibrox and i have heard nothing from the Club to make me think we as a support wont get the usual treatment and possibly more

livi hibs 1875
01-02-2017, 10:33 PM
I have been to ipox to watch the famous HIBERNIAN F.C on many occasions and have always felt unwelcome/unsafe. I will be at the next visit to that hell pit but will be on my guard as I think it will be dangerous place to be