PDA

View Full Version : Commons Emergency Loan (again)

thebausburst
01-02-2017, 03:59 PM
So reports the Sun

J-C
01-02-2017, 04:03 PM
Never happen, not enough players out injured to justify it.

Juice-Terry
01-02-2017, 04:07 PM
Do you actually need to have players injured to get an emergency loan? I don't think so.

oldbutdim
01-02-2017, 04:09 PM
Do you actually need to have players injured to get an emergency loan? I don't think so.

No, you don't need any sort of 'emergency' - it's a complete misnomer.

HoboHarry
So reports the Sun
Link? Not seeing one......

H18 SFR

It's just a term used to describe the loan. No emergency is needed in reality.

DH1875
01-02-2017, 04:12 PM
So reports the Sun

Why sign him on an emergency today when we could've done it no probs yesterday :confused:

CapitalGreen
01-02-2017, 04:12 PM

You don't need any players out injured to justify it. There is no such criteria to meet to make an emergency loan.

HoboHarry
01-02-2017, 04:15 PM
Why sign him on an emergency today when we could've done it no probs yesterday :confused:
Just to annoy the munters over on Yakback? :greengrin

greenlex
01-02-2017, 04:18 PM
It will happen when he's fit. A 90 day fella I reckon..

Jim44
01-02-2017, 04:20 PM

I don't know where the no probs comes from as I assume that Celtic were the stumbling block yesterday. What's going to change their mind if we try to get an emergency loan? We've got to smell the coffee and get on with successfully completing the season with the more than capable squad we already have.

Andy74
01-02-2017, 04:22 PM
I don't know where the no probs comes from as I assume that Celtic were the stumbling block yesterday. What's going to change their mind if we try to get an emergency loan? We've got to smell the coffee and get on with successfully completing the season with the more than capable squad we already have.

That's what he means though, why would an emergency loan work for Celtic? They could have just allowed him to go before the window closed.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-02-2017, 04:24 PM
KRIS HOPE Hibs’ move for Celtic outcast Kris Commons might not be dead after all – here’s why
Hibees boss Neil Lennon could still tempt Commons back to Easter Road on another emergency loan deal
REVEALED
BY ROBERT COLLINS 1st February 2017, 4:31 pm

HIBS failed in deadline-day moves to bring duo Anthony Stokes and Kris Commons back to Easter Road.

But frozen-out Celtic playmaker Commons could STILL re-sign for the Scottish Cup holders on an emergency loan.

Boss Neil Lennon – who brought the ex-Derby star to Parkhead in 2011 – was keen to push through a deal for the 33-year-old before last night’s deadline.

However the move fell through after the midfielder failed to agree a pay-off deal with the Hoops.

And while cross-border rules prevent Stokes from making the move north outside the transfer window, Lenny still has the option to swoop for Commons on a short-term deal.

He made it clear returning to Easter Road to help the club win promotion, and defend the Scottish Cup, would appeal to him.

Heisenberg
01-02-2017, 04:30 PM
-Emergency loans: these loans are only available to clubs in the Championship, League 1 and League 2 not to Premiership clubs and are for a minimum period of 28 days and maximum period of 93 days. The same restrictions as outlined in Standard loans apply. Furthermore no club can bring in any player after 31 March except in emergency circumstances and any such registration requires the specific approval of the SPFL Board.

So basically we have until the 31st of March to get him on loan. Doesn't matter what the status of our squad is.

Jim44
01-02-2017, 04:32 PM
That's what he means though, why would an emergency loan work for Celtic? They could have just allowed him to go before the window closed.

It was the 'no probs' reference that I questioned. Having said that, I thought the stumbling block was our contribution to a loan deal. It appears the stumbling block was possibly a problem with a pay-off deal. That being case, I agree that a loan deal might still be on the cards.

NYHibby
01-02-2017, 04:37 PM

Are the recall rules different for an emergency loan? I think under a regular loan there is a particular point after which he couldn't return to Celtic until the end of the season.

EDIT: Never mind, I think Heisenberg's post answers that.

LancsHibs
01-02-2017, 04:39 PM
Was there not mention of a back injury yesterday?

Heisenberg
01-02-2017, 04:40 PM

He's currently injured? That could've been a factor in our reluctance to get him just now. Wait till that's sorted, sign him up in March till the end of the season? Only guessing but it could work out.

Diclonius
01-02-2017, 04:45 PM
I suspect we'll sign him next week, after the game against Ayr. That would mean he could stay for the maximum 93 day period until the end of the league season, meaning he can play every remaining game. Unless we have a cup final..

Andy74
01-02-2017, 04:55 PM
I suspect we'll sign him next week, after the game against Ayr. That would mean he could stay for the maximum 93 day period until the end of the league season, meaning he can play every remaining game. Unless we have a cup final..

Good thinking.

Col2
01-02-2017, 04:59 PM

Yup and a boost before cup game against them. If he is struggling with back injury then it might be delayed to cup final at the end of May 😉

Springbank
01-02-2017, 05:03 PM
this is also some excellent (and I mean weapons grade) trolling of the Yam

they'll be frothing about this

strong work from the Hibs!

Waxy
01-02-2017, 05:08 PM
If this happens it explains everything and reveals Hibs are a step ahead.

If not then we're just your average dafties.

WhileTheChief..
01-02-2017, 05:51 PM
There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Celtic have been awkward over this. We have a healthy relationship with them.

ruthven_raiders
01-02-2017, 06:24 PM
It will happen when he's fit. A 90 day fella I reckon..

Yeh when he's fit in three weeks, get him on 90 day emergency and cover till end of season 😊

GreenPJ
01-02-2017, 06:24 PM

Presumably Celtic were trying to get him off the books on their terms, Kris refused and so he sits tight - Celtic then have to pay full salary till June or use emergency loan to part fund some of the salary saving them some money.

J-C
01-02-2017, 06:31 PM
No, you don't need any sort of 'emergency' - it's a complete misnomer.

It's just a term used to describe the loan. No emergency is needed in reality.

You don't need any players out injured to justify it. There is no such criteria to meet to make an emergency loan.

I assumed we got him the last time was because we had 2-3 key players out injured and were thin on the ground squad wise, so why call it an emergency if you can just do it anyway?

Billy Whizz
01-02-2017, 06:35 PM
I assumed we got him the last time was because we had 2-3 key players out injured and were thin on the ground squad wise, so why call it an emergency if you can just do it anyway?

Just a term for teams in the leagues below the premiership, who maybe on the whole, can't carry the same number of players as the teams in the top league

Heisenberg
01-02-2017, 06:37 PM

The name of the loan is mental as it has nothing to do with the terms or any criteria you have to meet, just misleads a whole load of folk. Its just a shortened loan deal, maximum of 93 days (minimum 28) and it doesnt apply to premiership clubs. That is essentially the criteria you have to meet to get an "emergency" loan. Think they'll have a look at changing it at the end of this season tbh.

Arch Stanton
01-02-2017, 06:44 PM

Course it is an emergency! We really really want him and we didn't get him signed in the transfer window!

Jonnyboy
01-02-2017, 08:38 PM
KRIS HOPE Hibs’ move for Celtic outcast Kris Commons might not be dead after all – here’s why
Hibees boss Neil Lennon could still tempt Commons back to Easter Road on another emergency loan deal
REVEALED
BY ROBERT COLLINS 1st February 2017, 4:31 pm

HIBS failed in deadline-day moves to bring duo Anthony Stokes and Kris Commons back to Easter Road.

But frozen-out Celtic playmaker Commons could STILL re-sign for the Scottish Cup holders on an emergency loan.

Boss Neil Lennon – who brought the ex-Derby star to Parkhead in 2011 – was keen to push through a deal for the 33-year-old before last night’s deadline.

However the move fell through after the midfielder failed to agree a pay-off deal with the Hoops.

And while cross-border rules prevent Stokes from making the move north outside the transfer window, Lenny still has the option to swoop for Commons on a short-term deal.

He made it clear returning to Easter Road to help the club win promotion, and defend the Scottish Cup, would appeal to him.

Let's hope that info puts an end to the 'board never backed the manager' chat

Jim44
01-02-2017, 09:09 PM
Let's hope that info puts an end to the 'board never backed the manager' chat

Maybe so, but he could still have agreed to a loan deal as a second option.

Jonnyboy
01-02-2017, 09:55 PM

True, Jim. Ball was firmly in the court of KC :agree:

truehibernian
01-02-2017, 10:05 PM
True, Jim. Ball was firmly in the court of KC :agree:

Also a heart wrenching day (few days no doubt) on a personal level for KC and family - maybe some things rightly overtake football concerns JB (only guessing) - I'm sure we tried everything but who knows what's around the corner mate. I'd like to think Celtic may loan him again if it's possible in the rules.

Jonnyboy
01-02-2017, 10:11 PM
Also a heart wrenching day (few days no doubt) on a personal level for KC and family - maybe some things rightly overtake football concerns JB (only guessing) - I'm sure we tried everything but who knows what's around the corner mate. I'd like to think Celtic may loan him again if it's possible in the rules.

Agree 100% :agree:

Callum_62
01-02-2017, 10:17 PM
Looks like pure speculation by the sun

It would be hilarious though

silverhibee
01-02-2017, 10:31 PM

And if KC has been difficult with Lawlell and not accepted the pay off that's been offered by Lawell then Lawell will reward KC with his full contract to the end of the season sitting up in the stand on match day until his contract runs out.