PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Missed a trick

King Dominique
01-02-2017, 04:49 PM
Im sure this has been mentioned previously however im going to cast it up again.

Hearts and hibs should have milked this cash cow.

The game could have and should have been played at Murrayfield .

Hypothetically say 45,000 where in attendance for the game. I genuinely believe that is a realistic figure considering our allocation sold out in what....18 minutes? I believe it would probably be more for a game of this magnitude however for arguments sake lets say 45,000.

If that averages out at roughly £18 a head that works out at £810,000.

Minus say £100,000 stadium rental (I have no idea how much this actually is but cant imagine its more than that )

Thats what £700,000 .

I know there are several reasons why it wasnt played at Murrayfield, "Hearts not willing to give up home advantage" etc however surely for the good of both clubs financially it made sense and I cant help but feel the clubs have missed a trick.

Not just writing this because I didnt get a ticket either becasue I was able to get one thankfully.

I sympathise with all those who didnt and I can only imagine there frustrations at not getting to be there.

Blaster
01-02-2017, 04:51 PM
If it goes to a replay do you want hibs to move it to Murray field?

H18 SFR
01-02-2017, 04:52 PM
I suggested this earlier. It's a no brainier in my opinion.

As you have sensibly suggested, the ticket price could have been reduced perhaps even meaning strapped for cash families could attend. I don't think it's a Hearts or Hibs 'thing'. It's a mindset of Scottish football 'thing'.

King Dominique
01-02-2017, 04:54 PM
If it goes to a replay do you want hibs to move it to Murray field?

I would say that should have been built in to the agreement. If it goes to replay it is again decided at Murrayfield. Im sure we would get a full house for that one as well to be honest. then we would be looking at 1.4 million plus over two fixtures .... thats money clubs in our position certainly cant turn down.

green with envy
01-02-2017, 04:58 PM
Im sure this has been mentioned previously however im going to cast it up again.

Hearts and hibs should have milked this cash cow.

The game could have and should have been played at Murrayfield .

Hypothetically say 45,000 where in attendance for the game. I genuinely believe that is a realistic figure considering our allocation sold out in what....18 minutes? I believe it would probably be more for a game of this magnitude however for arguments sake lets say 45,000.

If that averages out at roughly £18 a head that works out at £810,000.

Minus say £100,000 stadium rental (I have no idea how much this actually is but cant imagine its more than that )

Thats what £700,000 .

I know there are several reasons why it wasnt played at Murrayfield, "Hearts not willing to give up home advantage" etc however surely for the good of both clubs financially it made sense and I cant help but feel the clubs have missed a trick.

Not just writing this because I didnt get a ticket either becasue I was able to get one thankfully.

I sympathise with all those who didnt and I can only imagine there frustrations at not getting to be there.

There is no way the SFA would have sanctioned this - just another bizarre post comes to mind.

marinello59
01-02-2017, 05:05 PM
I can't believe a fan on either side would seriously welcome the game being played at Murrayfield. The whole point is you are going in to your rivals home.
A strange OP.

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 05:07 PM
If the tie was at Easter Road there is no way that any Hibs fan would be suggesting Murrayfield.

King Dominique
01-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Not sure why anyone would be against this? :rolleyes: Everyone who would want to go gets a ticket. Im not sure what would have to be approved by the SFA TBH however I do know that teams play games at different venues all the time im sure the red tape wouldnt get in the way when they see how much money is to be made. Do hearts not also have a stand closed for renovations at the moment.... Perfect reason to change venue straight off the bat, no?

I see so little cons and so many pro's to this I think it should be discussed so not really pointless is it :cb

marinello59
01-02-2017, 05:17 PM
If the tie was at Easter Road there is no way that any Hibs fan would be suggesting Murrayfield.

Exactly.

King Dominique
01-02-2017, 05:19 PM

Dont really think you can speak for the entire hibs support. If Leanne suggested there was 700k to be made by doing so I for one wouldnt be against this and I guess we will find the general consensus on this thread.

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Dont really think you can speak for the entire hibs support. If Leanne suggested there was 700k to be made by doing so I for one wouldnt be against this and I guess we will find the general consensus on this thread.

Time for a poll.

You're right. I can't speak for everyone but giving up home advantage regardless of the financial gain would still be a no from me.

Pretty Boy
01-02-2017, 05:31 PM
Why would Hearts give up home advantage?

Considering there is rugby the weekend before at Murrayfield would it be possible to get the pitch (previously notoriously crap) into shape for a football match?

macca70
01-02-2017, 05:35 PM
It falls in middle of 6 nations, although Scotland are away that day the stdium will all be set up for the rugby, no way the SRU would allow it during the 6 nations

King Dominique
01-02-2017, 05:40 PM
Why would Hearts give up home advantage?

Considering there is rugby the weekend before at Murrayfield would it be possible to get the pitch (previously notoriously crap) into shape for a football match?

Purely the astronomical financial gain, Im not sure how they are planning on paying for there 9 new signings :confused:

TBH i have no idea if that would be possible... Id hope so in this day and age

Jones28
01-02-2017, 05:44 PM
If it were a semi final then definitely, but cup ties and home advantage are part of the romance of the whole thing.

If it were drawn to be at ER there's no way anyone would want it to be at Murrayfield.

SuperAllyMcleod
01-02-2017, 05:59 PM
Personally, moving fixtures just to get more money in annoys me. Clubs enter the competition and need to have a ground with a safety certificate for a maximum number of fans. They know this at the start and just need to accept that when they draw a big team.

The whole romance of the cup is that smaller teams may turnover one of the bigger ones on their own patch - as soon as Bonnyrigg moved their tie to the PBS they lost all hope of that happening.

We have seen how teams have devalued the English FA Cup over the last few years by playing reserve players - personally I don't want to see anything to start that decline up here.

Waxy
01-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Cup semis and finals between us should be played at Murrayfield from now on. Its plain daft sending 50000 Edinburgh fans through to weeg when we've a larger stadium right here.I know a percentage say hampdens the home of Scottish football but common sense please.

01-02-2017, 07:52 PM
I will give someone an xbox 360 with a controller and games for an adult ticket?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk