PDA

View Full Version : Sitting in the Hearts end for the derby.

Pete
01-02-2017, 03:06 PM
My mate, a hearts fan, owes me one and he's offered me a ticket in the Wheatfield.

Not sure I can do it.

Could you?

Shrekko
01-02-2017, 03:08 PM
I could.
Regards
Aiden

Green Fish
In a word. NO

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Hibeesmad
Was tempted to do the same thing myself but I don't think I'd be able to hold it in if we were to score. Therefore I think that spending the afternoon in a pub full of hibs fans will be a lot more fun

iwasthere1972
My mate, a hearts fan, owes me one and he's offered me a ticket in the Wheatfield.

Not sure I can do it.

Could you?

Not a hope in hell. Not sure that I could restrain myself from celebrating a Hibs goal. Be ejected in no time at all.

jeffers
01-02-2017, 03:10 PM
I was half considering it if I hadn't got a ticket, my dad offered me his seat. But the thought of sitting in that asbestos stand, beside his mates surrounded my them I don't think I would have went through with it.

Sir David Gray
01-02-2017, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't do that if you paid me.

danhibees1875
01-02-2017, 03:12 PM
I could, but I wouldn't.

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 03:13 PM

Not sure I can do it.

Could you?

I think you'll find in the true HMFC tradition that he owes himself.

heretoday
01-02-2017, 03:15 PM
Have loads to drink beforehand and vomit all over the place.

Pete
01-02-2017, 03:20 PM
I think you'll find in the true HMFC tradition that he owes himself.

Ha, he's a good lad though. He sits in a large group, some of which are going golfing or something but the tickets have been bought anyway.

I think there's a couple more hibees going (who I don't know) so I'm thinking safety in numbers. I've done it myself once and it wasn't a pleasant experience.

hibs0666
01-02-2017, 03:29 PM

Not sure I can do it.

Could you?

Aidan says it's a doddle, and you'll find it really easy to empathise with the Gunts around you and may even enjoy the company of sash-singing diehards. In fact, you may come away from the game completely non-plussed at a Hibs victory.

Tom Hart RIP
01-02-2017, 03:33 PM
Did it for the Gordon Hunter Derby when there was limited tickets for the Gorgie Road end.
Few fellow Hibs fans ejected/spat on etc but I survived

southfieldhibby
01-02-2017, 03:35 PM
Done it before, wouldn't do it again.

hibsmad
01-02-2017, 03:40 PM
If you feel like you can restrain yourself when we score then definitely go for it.

If we were to win then sitting amongst them and listening to them moan and cry would be a very pleasurable experience.

Most of us will have seen the video from the Hearts end when Cummings scored in the replay last season. Listening to that for 90 minutes would be rather amusing.

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2017, 03:53 PM
Never; pub or at home every time.

lugz
01-02-2017, 03:59 PM
No chance I could sit in with that lot. Would rather sit at home or in the pub with a pint.

HibbyAndy
01-02-2017, 04:00 PM

Not sure I can do it.

Could you?

I wouldnt even consider it for a nano second, Not a hope in ****ing hell i'd sit amongst those inbreds

calumhibee1
01-02-2017, 04:02 PM
I would almost like to do it just to go ****ing mental when we scored and take all the abuse that they gave me. Would be the closest thing to feeling like a Hibs player in a derby. :greengrin But I wouldn't do it.

jacomo
01-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Will be hard to contain yourself for the first two goals, but after the third goes in the stands will empty, leaving you free to celebrate the subsequent goals as much as you like.

:wink:

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Just one word of caution. When you go to the toilet for a number one or number two, make sure you don't wash your hands otherwise they'll know that you're not one of them. Maybe even lick one of the urinals on the way out for good measure.

SirDavidsNapper
01-02-2017, 04:11 PM
I would. Would love to hear the seethe from the Yams close up.

Dr Jimmy
01-02-2017, 04:20 PM
Did it once many years ago (standing) and got punched in the stomach......By a policeman!!!

Fife-Hibee
01-02-2017, 04:33 PM
Was in that ***** hole stand a couple of years ago ( hospitality ) when JC scored the seethe was fantastic' pure rabid !! It's no easy sitting on your hands and trying to keep your mouth shut when listening to the mutants! Wouldn't do it again tho :-)

Killiehibbie
01-02-2017, 04:34 PM
I'll take a ticket or 2.

Alan62
01-02-2017, 04:51 PM
I did it once at Easter Road in the 80s. Stood in the away end terracing with some guys I knew who were jambos. It was horrific. Never, ever again.

Andy74
01-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Christ, no. In the pub with Hibs fans.

The Green Goblin
01-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Did it once in hospitality a good few years back, but it was just too weird. They are such an odd bunch. They really are. I would rather watch it on the telly box and be able to express myself. :greengrin

JennaFletcher
01-02-2017, 04:55 PM
I couldn't do it but if I did I think I'd get some great footage of Hibs end...

I would be sussed pretty early and no doubt get battered by someone called Jambo Senga or the like..

Craig_HFC
01-02-2017, 04:55 PM
If you choose to do it then I'd advise not washing from now until the game so you don't give yourself away as a normal human being immediately.

WeeRussell
01-02-2017, 04:56 PM
Nope. Each to their own but I can't see why you would want to when it's on TV? Either team scoring would be too much for me in the wrong end!

Hibs pub much better option.

Diclonius
01-02-2017, 04:56 PM
How do you react if they score?

Can you get away with just standing up and not celebrating? Does anyone notice?

Killiehibbie
01-02-2017, 05:27 PM
How do you react if they score?

Can you get away with just standing up and not celebrating? Does anyone notice?
Hopefully one from the row behind would land at my feet and accidentally get stood on.

WoreTheGreen
01-02-2017, 05:50 PM
I still attend school so no *** chance.

EastCalderHibby
01-02-2017, 05:53 PM
Have loads to drink beforehand and vomit all over the place.

That way you will blend in ...... and at halve time you stand up turn right and piss on the yam next to you :greengrin
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2017, 05:54 PM
I still attend school so no *** chance.

:hilarious

lord bunberry
01-02-2017, 05:54 PM
Funnily enough sitting in the home end is also an option for me. My mate goes in for an operation the Thursday before the game and he say I can have his ticket. His son isn't going to go either so I would at least be sitting next to another hibby.

JIm
01-02-2017, 05:57 PM
I'm amazed at how many jumbos seem keen on offering their tickets up.

Wouldn't be for me. Pub every time.

Thankfully I'll be there 🏆💚⚽️

shetlandhibee
01-02-2017, 05:57 PM
i would rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty tea spoon than sit in there home end!!

emerald green
01-02-2017, 05:58 PM
For anyone thinking of sitting in any part of the ground reserved for Hearts support, I would just say this. Be very careful. You are likely to be removed by the police if you are sussed by the home supporters (or worse).

HibbyDave
01-02-2017, 06:00 PM
I sat in their asbestosdome for the game that ended them...geebsy equaliser.
A very strange experience but i went mental when the ball hit the net! I was left well alone after that as they really thought I was a danger to them.

Fife-Hibee
01-02-2017, 06:11 PM
Was in that ***** hole stand a couple of years ago ( hospitality ) when JC scored the seethe was fantastic' pure rabid !! It's no easy sitting on your hands and trying to keep your mouth shut when listening to the mutants! Wouldn't do it again tho :-)

Saw a few undercover hibbys in there that day I have to add :-)

Dibben
01-02-2017, 06:14 PM
No chance I could do it!!

Waxy
01-02-2017, 06:17 PM
I was quite happy going radge in my living room at PHs equaliser last year. Imagine being the only hibby in the world having to sit still through that?

heretoday
01-02-2017, 06:21 PM
To be fair the atmosphere at Tynecastle is better than ER.

And it always was. It's to do with the fact that the pitch is closer to the fans and the stadium is in the town centre more than ours is.

It's only my opinion and I'm prepared to be regally slagged off.

GreenLake
01-02-2017, 06:25 PM
I did it a couple of times in the 80's but we didn't score so I can't describe what happens when you jump up and down celebrating amongst them. Other than that I had a death grip on my wallet for the duration of the game.

northstandhibby
01-02-2017, 06:26 PM

And it always was. It's to do with the fact that the stadium is in the town more than ours is.

It's only my opinion and I'm prepared to be regally slagged off. O Not going to slag you off as your entitled to your opinion, however I would disagree as I have always found a packed ER a far better stadium to be in than the dump that is swiney. The only part of swiney I thought was atmospheric was its old stand thats about to disappear.

Glory Glory

Fife-Hibee
01-02-2017, 06:27 PM
to be fair the atmosphere at tynecastle is better than er.

And it always was. It's to do with the fact that the pitch is closer to the fans and the stadium is in the town centre more than ours is.

It's only my opinion and i'm prepared to be regally slagged off.

ltyf 😂

emerald green
01-02-2017, 06:29 PM

And it always was. It's to do with the fact that the pitch is closer to the fans and the stadium is in the town more than ours is.

It's only my opinion and I'm prepared to be regally slagged off. O

I'll start then. Yours is a complete bollox of a post. :rolleyes:

PS: The bit in bold - what's that got to do with anything?

PPS: Maybe I've just had a "whoosh moment"?

01-02-2017, 06:44 PM
Sit amongst those smelly, inbred tramps whilst they abuse our players and our fans? Not in a million years.

Would rather watch at home or find a pub of hibs fans to watch it.

01-02-2017, 06:47 PM
I'm amazed at how many jumbos seem keen on offering their tickets up.

Wouldn't be for me. Pub every time.

Thankfully I'll be there 🏆💚⚽️

If the derby was at ER I would never in a million years offer it to a yam.

SlickShoes
01-02-2017, 06:54 PM
I done it at the 4-4 game, one of the worst days of my life, jambos slavering all over me, it was awful, would never do it again.

Waxy
01-02-2017, 07:18 PM

Shegitege

CRAZYHIBBY
01-02-2017, 07:54 PM
I remember a derby at easter road and a few jambos were outed in the main stand and and one of their scarfs were dragged off and thrown on the pitch and the stewards had to whisk them away......they weren't causing any bother but someone noticed the scarf under his jacket.......during the mcleish era

Skol
01-02-2017, 08:48 PM
Way back in the late 80s or early 90s the new year derby was at easter road. I wasnt a season ticket holder back then and I left it too late and Hibs had sold out before I had tried to get a ticket.

We got a half day on Xmas Eve and so I swung by Tynie and found they still had briefs on sale and so picked up 2. Mate and I decided it couldnt be that hard to stand quietly at the back.

In the pub before the game, comparing tickets with home end ones we noticed there was a bit that said away support only on the very edge and if we carefully tore this off then the ticket was identical to a home end one, just a bit smaller.

Arriving at ER my mate and I went to different turnstiles and he got in. The boy on my gate noticed and refused me entry despite me saying I was a hibby. I was turned away at 2 other turnstiles before trying the one that my mate had used and I got in.

Disaster averted

Eyrie
01-02-2017, 08:49 PM
I couldn't do it, and would be easily spotted if I did try as I only have five fingers on each hand.

H18 SFR
01-02-2017, 08:51 PM
Sat in the death trap stand during the 90's at a rearranged New Year Derby. I got back from the pie stand with around 6 pies and my dad's mate started launching them at the Yams. We had to leave.

Itsnoteasy
01-02-2017, 09:59 PM
I done it once.

It was the 90s I think. It was our first derby at Tynie when we reverted back to being housed at the school end.

I was at the top of Mcleod St & this dude was flogging a spare. I got into a bidding frenzy with another fan. I took the ticket out his hand & gave him £30.

I bolted down to the school end to be told that the ticket was for the main stand.

It gets worse

As I was standing in the queue I got a tap on the shoulder. Standing behind me was 4 Yams I had went to school with.

What are you doing here ya Hibby bar steward they say.

I think the game ended 2-2.

It was torture when they scored.

IIRC we equalised in the last minute I lept out ma seat and roared. I then took of like Alan Wells.

Never again.

The Green Goblin
01-02-2017, 10:18 PM

The atmosphere is better because the stadium is more in the town centre? Eh?

Itsnoteasy
01-02-2017, 10:23 PM

Nonsense
I guess you weren't at ER against AEK ATHENS. The place was rocking all night.

Pete
01-02-2017, 10:26 PM
I'm sorry but what town centre is Tynecastle closer to?

Livingston?

Hermit Crab
01-02-2017, 10:46 PM

Not sure I can do it.

Could you?

What are you? Nuts?

lyonhibs
01-02-2017, 10:57 PM
Sweet Jesus no. Wouldn't be able to contain myself whatever happened.

heretoday
01-02-2017, 11:02 PM

Well I was slagged off and I accept that.

The first game I ever saw was in 1963 Hearts v Third Lanark and they had a brass band going round the pitch before the game and at half time. The atmosphere was , to me, brilliant and the pies and Bovril and everything.

Then my dad took me to Easter Road - a huge windswept terrace and a crackly tannoy playing Hang On Sloopy. Hibs were bottom of the old First Division at that time and had Gerry Baker as star player.

Why did I plump for Hibs? Oh god, oh god.

Foritza
01-02-2017, 11:19 PM
SIX AND IN.. No names no pack drill but six of us in maybe where we should not be . and that is to name but a few.

Pete
01-02-2017, 11:47 PM
What are you? Nuts?

Sometimes.

However, I've decided it's not for me but there are other hibees going.

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2017, 02:03 AM

Yes for bread and butter games, where you can hear a fellah ride his sister.

No for big games, where the the scale of the East, bigger numbers and the superiour vocal power of Hibs fans comes into its own.

CyberSauzee
02-02-2017, 02:23 AM
[B]

Yes for bread and butter games, where you can hear a fellah ride his sister.

No for big games, where the the scale of the East, bigger numbers and the superiour vocal power of Hibs fans comes into its own.

**** off Bob - I want 7-0 my name as the last poster. You cuaaaaant!!!!

Man Down Under
02-02-2017, 04:51 AM
I would, if I was with a mate, hilarious. I'd bring a full face helmet though.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

Green Diet
02-02-2017, 07:44 AM
It would be the best seat in the stadium as you watch our 3300 hibees celebrating each goal - priceless.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-02-2017, 08:12 AM

Gone tomorrow.

Albanian Hibs
02-02-2017, 08:31 AM

Absolute pish. Big game last night and at 4-1 all they could muster was a half hearted bring on the hibees chant. It was like a morgue. When we beat the huns at ER the stadium was rocking. What songs will they be singing to us next week......??

Eddie Burntool
02-02-2017, 09:06 AM
This "who's the better singers" chat is utterly irrelevant. It's about doing the business on the park.

Personally couldn't give a flying **** who has the loudest set of fans - what matters - and the ONLY thing that matters is this: putting the ball in their net more times than they do ours. The moment we get over-romantic about attractive football and superior supporter culture, etc - that's the moment we hand these ****s the advantage.

Make no mistake, Lenny will have that well drilled into the boys.

It's ON!

GGTTH :flag:

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2017, 11:44 AM
Fortunately my sister is a Hearts fan and ST holder, so I'll be going with her to the Wheatfield Stand toilets under the club's innovative 'Relatives With Benefits' scheme.

iwasthere1972
02-02-2017, 11:50 AM
This "who's the better singers" chat is utterly irrelevant. It's about doing the business on the park.

Personally couldn't give a flying **** who has the loudest set of fans - what matters - and the ONLY thing that matters is this: putting the ball in their net more times than they do ours. The moment we get over-romantic about attractive football and superior supporter culture, etc - that's the moment we hand these ****s the advantage.

Make no mistake, Lenny will have that well drilled into the boys.

It's ON!

GGTTH :flag:

Better Singers. It's all a myth.

On my last 10 visits or so to Tynecastle they were as quiet as a mouse except for maybe the start of the match or when they've scored a goal. All the other times in between they sat on their hands. Or maybe their hands were in their pockets to check if they had any baws. That included the females.

This special atmosphere is wheeled out time after time by THEM, the media etc etc but as I've already said it's a myth.

We go there with confidence.

Newry Hibs
02-02-2017, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE=Man Down Under;4929663]I would, if I was with a mate, hilarious. I'd bring a full face helmet though.

Sent from my SM

Not a very nice way to refer to your mate.

MikeyS
02-02-2017, 01:43 PM
I've done it twice, a 2-1 win when GOC & Shiels slid towards the fans and the other a defeat when that big fud Gordon fell about his net after Dean Shiels tried to get the ball back from him. Think Dean might've been sent off actually. Struggled to keep my cover on both times for different reasons.

Wouldnt do do it again now I don't think.

Sean1875
02-02-2017, 04:39 PM
Not a chance i'd be able to do it - and dont really understand why anyone would. Give me a pub down Leith going mental with fellow Hibees rather than having to sit on my hands for 90 minutes :agree:

Ringothedog
02-02-2017, 05:06 PM
I was in the home end at the weekend and when Hibs scored my arms went up to celebrate , I then realised what I was doing and brought my arms down quickly and hit my legs as if I was disappointed. So could I sit in the Hearts end undercover? No chance.

Radge70
02-02-2017, 06:49 PM
I could.
Regards
Aiden
:faf::faf::faf:

KingFranck
02-02-2017, 07:57 PM
Absolutely no way could I sit amongst that mob at a Derby.

hfc rd
02-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Wouldn't do it in a million years.

Nakedmanoncrack
02-02-2017, 08:22 PM
Done it twice in the asbestos stand.

Speedy
02-02-2017, 08:29 PM
"Beware of pickpockets"

lapsedhibee
02-02-2017, 08:38 PM
Sat in the death trap stand during the 90's at a rearranged New Year Derby. I got back from the pie stand with around 6 pies and my dad's mate started launching them at the Yams. We had to leave.
:greengrin

Fortunately my sister is a Hearts fan and ST holder, so I'll be going with her to the Wheatfield Stand toilets under the club's innovative 'Relatives With Benefits' scheme.
:greengrin

EastCalderHibby
02-02-2017, 10:16 PM
Absolutely no way could I sit amongst that mob at a Derby.

Would rather swim with piranhas than sit next to that smelly sewer dwelling muppets