PDA

View Full Version : Why no statement from the club about the transfer window?

Hibbyradge
01-02-2017, 03:01 PM
Everyone at the club will be aware of the speculation that was rife during January, much of fuelled by comments in the press by the manager, albeit in response to questions from the press.

We usually get a "No more business" statement when the window closes, and maybe a we explanation that we tried, but failed.

I assume this is just an oversight this time?

SirDavidsNapper
01-02-2017, 04:34 PM
Don't think Hibs need to justify themselves for not bringing anyone in. The squad is extremely strong as it is.

greenlex
01-02-2017, 04:49 PM
We are waiting for Commons on an emergency loan. We need to wait till the 93 days takes us past cup final day. We will get a managerial interview rather than an official statement.

Andy74
01-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Everyone at the club will be aware of the speculation that was rife during January, much of fuelled by comments in the press by the manager, albeit in response to questions from the press.

We usually get a "No more business" statement when the window closes, and maybe a we explanation that we tried, but failed.

I assume this is just an oversight this time?

Whilst I wouldn't want to see an explanation we do usually get a window round up - I don't think we should have hid from that - it should have been out for everyone still up and looking in after midnight last night!

Ringothedog
01-02-2017, 04:55 PM
We are waiting for Commons on an emergency loan. We need to wait till the 93 days takes us past cup final day. We will get a managerial interview rather than an official statement.
Can we not just loan him for 28 days, send him back and then reloan until the end of the season?
Or even better Celtic release him and we sign him until the end of the season

snooky
01-02-2017, 04:58 PM
Whilst I wouldn't want to see an explanation we do usually get a window round up - I don't think we should have hid from that - it should have been out for everyone still up and looking in after midnight last night!

That's what I thought last night. When they found out all the deals had fallen through they could have at least issued a statement to that effect.
It's wee things like this that should be done as a matter of course out of respect for the fans, IMO.
However, it's fair to say that the PR in general is much better since Leeann arrived.

greenlex
01-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Can we not just loan him for 28 days, send him back and then reloan until the end of the season?
Or even better Celtic release him and we sign him until the end of the season

It depends on our absolute priority. 93 days is the maximum period for an emergency loan. Wait till after the Ayr game and that will see us to the end of league business assuming we win the league. Wait another week and that cover the cup final but would rule him out the tynecastle tie.
If Celtic were to release him I don't think he can play for anyone now as he was released outside the window.

scoopyboy
01-02-2017, 05:07 PM
It depends on our absolute priority. 93 days is the maximum period for an emergency loan. Wait till after the Ayr game and that will see us to the end of league business assuming we win the league. Wait another week and that cover the cup final but would rule him out the tynecastle tie.
If Celtic were to release him I don't think he can play for anyone now as he was released outside the window.

I there not a three week gap between the last league match and the cup final this year?

greenlex
01-02-2017, 05:11 PM
I there not a three week gap between the last league match and the cup final this year?

Your right scrub that. (That's what I get for thinking out loud) Still need to wait till after the Ayr game to get him last the final game.

Borderhibbie76
01-02-2017, 05:47 PM
That's what I thought last night. When they found out all the deals had fallen through they could have at least issued a statement to that effect.
It's wee things like this that should be done as a matter of course out of respect for the fans, IMO.
However, it's fair to say that the PR in general is much better since Leeann arrived.
It has been but it's slipped back of late...no statement about the online ticket shambles today either....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Eyrie
01-02-2017, 08:13 PM

If Commons is injured then there is no point to starting any loan until he is fit again.

A Hi-Bee
01-02-2017, 08:25 PM
No really sure what the club can say about what would in effect be pretty much discussion and details not for the public, so don't see what is wrong with them saying nothing until there is something to say.

snooky
01-02-2017, 10:34 PM
No really sure what the club can say about what would in effect be pretty much discussion and details not for the public, so don't see what is wrong with them saying nothing until there is something to say.

All they had to say was "No more business being done tonight" Details weren't required - but would have been nice :wink:

monktonharp
01-02-2017, 10:48 PM
I have no thoughts on this matter