PDA

View Full Version : Hot topics for Fans reps to help with...

bigwheel
01-02-2017, 02:37 PM
There are a few big topics around that I'd welcome the fans reps (current or future) to help get some communication from Hibs on...there will be many other topics I'm sure. So please Fans Reps, can you bring some clarity to fans on these??

1. Transfer Window: Both Leeann and Lennon said they wanted to bring more in, yet we didn't..could they share why not? and are we still looking in the "free agent" market?

2. Hospitality at Tynecastle - is there really a justification to keep some tickets back and charge a premium for hospitality? It's not been done before, in my memory (could be wrong), why pick a game where demand was always going to be way above supply, to reduce the tickets available to the ordinary punter?

Brightside
01-02-2017, 02:40 PM
1. We missed out on the only two players we wanted.
2. We do it all the time. Was in place for Bonnyrigg too.

ronaldo7
01-02-2017, 02:41 PM
There are a few big topics around that I'd welcome the fans reps (current or future) to help get some communication from Hibs on...there will be many other topics I'm sure. So please Fans Reps, can you bring some clarity to fans on these??

1. Transfer Window: Both Leeann and Lennon said they wanted to bring more in, yet we didn't..could they share why not? and are we still looking in the "free agent" market?

2. Hospitality at Tynecastle - is there really a justification to keep some tickets back and charge a premium for hospitality? It's not been done before, in my memory (could be wrong), why pick a game where demand was always going to be way above supply, to reduce the tickets available to the ordinary punter?

It was used for the cup game against bonnyrigg. I know there was more tickets available for that match though.

Since90+2
01-02-2017, 02:45 PM
It doesnt seem right what the club have today with holding the seats back in the Roseburn from the ordinary sale and then punting them as "hospitality".

We only received around 3000 tickets so every last one should have been made available in the initial sale to season ticket holders. Bonnyrigg we had a far larger allocation and lower demand so I can sort of see why they done it for that game.

Smacks of fleecing your season ticket holders which is a bad move IMO.

bigwheel
01-02-2017, 02:47 PM

Much appreciated - but not really wanting a fans view..wanting a view from the club

also there is no comparison with Bonnyrigg and the demand and supply of the Hearts game.

Amit
01-02-2017, 03:20 PM

1) We were active in the window but have also stated we'd only bring in players if they improved the squad. NL is happy with the quality of the squad. We also brought in Scott Gallagher (GK) as additional cover. Also, our recruitment department are always working regardless of whether the window is open or not.

2) I'll raise this point for you with respect to the arrangements for this match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikey
01-02-2017, 04:05 PM
1) We were active in the window but have also stated we'd only bring in players if they improved the squad. NL is happy with the quality of the squad. We also brought in Scott Gallagher (GK) as additional cover. Also, our recruitment department are always working regardless of whether the window is open or not.

2) I'll raise this point for you with respect to the arrangements for this match.

Do you feel in yourself that enough was done financially to bring in the players that we (seemed to) want? In particular Commons and Stokes?

Were the gaps insurmountable or was there " just a few quid" in it?

bigwheel
01-02-2017, 04:10 PM

cheers Amit, really appreciate the response and you raising the second point..

Pretty Boy
01-02-2017, 04:11 PM

Let's be honest you'd be going off on one about the 2nd point if you hadn't got a ticket.

You didn't have a good word to say about ticketing arrangements all day until you secured a ticket and have now taken great delight in playing Mr Smug.

hibee-boys
01-02-2017, 04:13 PM
There's not a football club in the land that won't keep tickets back for hospitality. Granted, selling hospitality packages for away games is less common due to logistics I guess. Saying that, we did the same in house hospitality for the cup final. The club is a business and has to seek out new revenue streams, especially since bringing the hospitality in house.

Amit
01-02-2017, 04:21 PM
Do you feel in yourself that enough was done financially to bring in the players that we (seemed to) want? In particular Commons and Stokes?

Were the gaps insurmountable or was there " just a few quid" in it?

I refer to my other post fella in that we were active in the window. Can't say more than that I'm afraid.

Amit
01-02-2017, 04:22 PM
cheers Amit, really appreciate the response and you raising the second point..

No worries.

Brightside
01-02-2017, 04:32 PM
Let's be honest you'd be going off on one about the 2nd point if you hadn't got a ticket.

You didn't have a good word to say about ticketing arrangements all day until you secured a ticket and have now taken great delight in playing Mr Smug.

The ticket arrangements continue to be an utter shambles. Thats a different point to the hospitality. We have done it before and I assume its a model that will continue. That doesnt stop the the idea of people standing outside a ticket office for 12 hours, as being utter madness in 2017.

Johnny Clash
01-02-2017, 04:38 PM

Hi Amit,

There's a lot of frustration about the loyalty scheme being scrapped which now has its own thread. I just wanted to know what was the stance of our Reps when this was discussed at the Board? Did our reps support or oppose the closure of the scheme?

Borderhibbie76
01-02-2017, 04:45 PM
Hi Amit,

There's a lot of frustration about the loyalty scheme being scrapped which now has its own thread. I just wanted to know what was the stance of our Reps when this was discussed at the Board? Did our reps support or oppose the closure of the scheme?
It really is a disgrace that fans that travel home and away are not rewarded ...other clubs our size operate a points system why don't we???

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Amit
01-02-2017, 09:29 PM
Hi Amit,

This was a work stream as part of Working Together. All views were put across by various supporters who attended meetings, or collated by reps or those sent to individuals at the Club. It was discussed, a decision was made with a compromise.

Personal opinions aside (I was an advocate and helped to set up the scheme), as I've said all views needed to be put on the table for discussion, which was a working together group gathering, and if all views weren't being represented then the reps wouldn't be doing their role effectively.

Apologies for the thread hijack

O'Rourke3
01-02-2017, 10:00 PM
The ticket arrangements continue to be an utter shambles. Thats a different point to the hospitality. We have done it before and I assume its a model that will continue. That doesnt stop the the idea of people standing outside a ticket office for 12 hours, as being utter madness in 2017.

People standing outside for 12 hours was their choice. Even using ST holders, there was a one in three chance of securing a ticket. You either go all in on showing up at ER or all in on phone or e-ticket. An ST lottery would have been fairer but not by much.

Johnny Clash
02-02-2017, 07:54 AM
[QUOTE=Amit;4929481]This was a work stream as part of Working Together. All views were put across by various supporters who attended meetings, or collated by reps or those sent to individuals at the Club. It was discussed, a decision was made with a compromise.

Personal opinions aside (I was an advocate and helped to set up the scheme), as I've said all views needed to be put on the table for discussion, which was a working together group gathering, and if all views weren't being represented then the reps wouldn't be doing their role effectively.

Apologies for the thread hijack

Hi Amit

Thanks for that but I was actually asking how our reps voted ?
Did our reps vote to retain the loyalty scheme?
Or did our reps vote to close the scheme?

I appreciate all options were discussed but after all the discussion how did our reps vote?