PDA

View Full Version : Hospitality Packages Now Available From Hibs

Frazerbob
01-02-2017, 01:15 PM
£75 including ticket. Controversial!

Brightside
01-02-2017, 01:16 PM

Nice option for those that couldnt get tickets.

hibbysam
01-02-2017, 01:16 PM

Great deal considering nearly £30 of it is a ticket. If I didn't get one today that's the route I'd have taken.

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2017, 01:18 PM
Is the ticket for Hibs end?

wookie70
01-02-2017, 01:19 PM
For the relatively small amount of money this will generate this is a poor decision. Guys who hardly miss a game missing out and Hibs using tickets to make a few quid.

Pete
01-02-2017, 01:21 PM
Tickets ring-fenced for the toffs.

:hmmm:

hibsbollah
That sounds good value. It's me and Mrs bollahs 20th anniversary the day of the game, id be all over that offer otherwise :grr:

Archie89
For the relatively small amount of money this will generate this is a poor decision. Guys who hardly miss a game missing out and Hibs using tickets to make a few quid.

I agree, but probably going to get one because it's my only option. Over a barrel.

Since90+2
01-02-2017, 01:22 PM
Perhaps this is why tickets seemed to sell out so much quicker than usual.

Not sure how I feel about this to be honest , smacks a little bit of taking the piss out of ordinary fans and milking them for the extra money rather than just offering the tickets as "standard". Thats assuming its just a bog standard seat in the Roseburn.

Hiber-nation
That sounds good value. It's me and Mrs bollahs 20th anniversary the day of the game, id be all over that offer otherwise :grr:

Can't think of a better present to be honest!

blackpoolhibs
Superb Hibs, get in. :top marks

Hibernia&Alba
I agree, but probably going to get one because it's my only option. Over a barrel.

Exactly. I'm tempted.

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2017, 01:23 PM
Main stand tickets?

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2017, 01:24 PM
Main stand tickets?

Doesn't say. Surely Hibs end???

hibsbollah
01-02-2017, 01:25 PM
Can't think of a better present to be honest!

She'd skin me alive. In a bad way.

smithy_hibees
01-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Where are these tickets for though ??
Great option happily I do have a ticket and be in the murrayfield pre party

vinhibs
01-02-2017, 01:27 PM
Hibs end. Just bought 4. Ive literally gone from misery to happiness in 2 hours.

A Hi-Bee
01-02-2017, 01:29 PM
Having had the pleasure of experiencing the jumbo Hospital package before I widni gie them the reek of ma Peesh, everyone will get a ticket for the replay, we can gie them 500 tickets and the other 20,000 goes to us, pit of a place at the best o times, would not encourage them to keep this experience going no matter what price it was.

givescotlandfreedom
01-02-2017, 01:30 PM
Feeling a bit fleeced but desperate to go too.

Andy74
01-02-2017, 01:30 PM

Welcome to the free market!

You could argue that the guys who go every week only have the opportunity to do so because they have the means and the opportunity to do that.

Hospitality is one of the ways we as a club can get the team on the park we want so fair enough to have these packages.

Hiber-nation
01-02-2017, 01:31 PM
Having had the pleasure of experiencing the jumbo Hospital package before I widni gie them the reek of ma Peesh, everyone will get a ticket for the replay, we can gie them 500 tickets and the other 20,000 goes to us, pit of a place at the best o times, would not encourage them to keep this experience going no matter what price it was.

The hospitality is at Easter Road!

spikeymike
01-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Disgraceful from Hibs. Loyal home and away fans missing out on tickets for the game and the club basically exploiting the desperation of some fans for a ticket. Also a non season ticket holder can now get a ticket through this as its 2 tickets per ref no!!

Pete
01-02-2017, 01:34 PM
Welcome to the free market!

Indeed.

...where you're fine if you've got a bit of cash in your pocket.

Andy74
01-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Indeed.

...where you're fine if you've got a bit of cash in your pocket.

Yes it helps, just like it helps all those regular home and away attenders to be able to illustrate their 'commitment'.

grammyb111
01-02-2017, 01:38 PM
Disgraceful from Hibs. Loyal home and away fans missing out on tickets for the game and the club basically exploiting the desperation of some fans for a ticket. Also a non season ticket holder can now get a ticket through this as its 2 tickets per ref no!!

It does say open to Season ticket holders only until the 4th February to be fair...

Cletus
01-02-2017, 01:38 PM
I've no problem with this at all. More money for the club ultimately provides a better product on the pitch which is something we all want to see. Hospitality is something utilised by all clubs, not just Hibs.

Oscar T Grouch
01-02-2017, 01:41 PM

Hospitality is at Easter Road with a bus to the piggery and a ticket for the Roseburn. As it is a cup game we are required to give them 20% of the stadiums capacity so they'd get the whole Dunbar end if they manage to scrap a draw against us at the piggery, but they'll no :greengrin

Frazerbob
It does say open to Season ticket holders only until the 4th February to be fair...

However they can buy 2 tickets each. The 2nd could go to anyone they like.

spikeymike

This is open to Season ticket holders only from Wednesday 1 February until midnight Friday 3 February. Season ticket holders can purchase 2 tickets per client reference number.

I suppose its in the way you read it. 1st part says s/t holers only...but 2nd part says 2 tickets per ref no!!

Clear as mud!!

Carheenlea
01-02-2017, 01:43 PM
This is shameful from Hibs if tickets are for Roseburn, putting hospitality packages before regular fans when tickets are scarce.

macca70
01-02-2017, 01:44 PM
It's ok value but it's basically:

£28 for your ticket in Roseburn Stand
£47 for Breakfast Buffet at ER, 2 drinks (including alcohol) & bus to Tynie.

Not brilliant value but decent if you are desperate for a ticket and happy to pay £75

Full Wetherspoons Brekky for me and that leaves the other £65 for watching it in the pub

HibeeDaz6270
01-02-2017, 01:44 PM
I cant get through to the number at all. This is so frustrating!

£28 phone bill early.
Thought i had another chance & cant get through

grammyb111
01-02-2017, 01:47 PM
This is open to Season ticket holders only from Wednesday 1 February until midnight Friday 3 February. Season ticket holders can purchase 2 tickets per client reference number.

I suppose its in the way you read it. 1st part says s/t holers only...but 2nd part says 2 tickets per ref no!!

Clear as mud!!

Fair enough. Well if we get through to this they will both be for season ticket holders and our one ticket will be back on the market!

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 01:47 PM
So it's basically about £47 for a buffet breakfast, a maximum of two drinks that you'll have to throw down your neck before you get a bus ride all the way to Gorgie. Oh and the interview with Kevin Thomson.

Count me out.

HibbyAl
01-02-2017, 01:48 PM
I cant get through to the number at all. This is so frustrating!

£28 phone bill early.
Thought i had another chance & cant get through

Go to Hospitality option on the website and buy them online.

Smartie
01-02-2017, 01:48 PM
I'm fine with not getting a ticket (I thought it might end up this way anyway) but I think it's disgusting that Hibs are doing this.

Pete
01-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Yes it helps, just like it helps all those regular home and away attenders to be able to illustrate their 'commitment'.

A season ticket holder can get two tickets with one ref number because they have more wedge.

If he decides to take his Aunt Agnes who has never been to a game in her life then how does that work regarding loyalty?

These tickets should have been for ordinary folk, not the toffs.

A Hi-Bee
01-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Hospitality is at Easter Road with a bus to the piggery and a ticket for the Roseburn. As it is a cup game we are required to give them 20% of the stadiums capacity so they'd get the whole Dunbar end if they manage to scrap a draw against us at the piggery, but they'll no :greengrin

Is the pie oven no working at the piggery then, did not see it was at Easter Road for slap up meal first, so anyone who goes for it good luck to them, i wid still only gi them 500 for any replay and pay the SFA fine just to F88k them off odious creatures that they are.

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2017, 01:53 PM
I'm fine with not getting a ticket (I thought it might end up this way anyway) but I think it's disgusting that Hibs are doing this.

It doesn't feel right, when so many have missed out, but that's exactly the time the club knows it will be a success. £75 isn't so bad, and is within the price range of many fans. I wonder how many places there are?

Berwickhibby
01-02-2017, 01:53 PM
Been ringing for the last hour, finally rings.... Nobody answers..... Great service today Hibs..... I am £58 in calls to Ticketmaster out of pocket and still no ticket.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HibeeDaz6270
01-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Go to Hospitality option on the website and buy them online. thank you!! I did not realise you could do the hospitality online. Now purchased 2 :flag:

grammyb111
01-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Been ringing for the last hour, finally rings.... Nobody answers..... Great service today Hibs..... I am £58 in calls to Ticketmaster out of pocket and still no ticket.....

Book online dude, worked for me just now and got two tickets fine.

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 02:02 PM

Do it online. Just sign in to ETicketing, click on HOSPITALITY and Bob's your teapot.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/

Andy74
01-02-2017, 02:02 PM
A season ticket holder can get two tickets with one ref number because they have more wedge.

If he decides to take his Aunt Agnes who has never been to a game in her life then how does that work regarding loyalty?

What do you class as ordinary? :confused:

HibbyAl
01-02-2017, 02:03 PM
thank you!! I did not realise you could do the hospitality online. Now purchased 2 :flag:

Neither did I but had a look online when I couldn't get through on the phone.

Juice-Terry
01-02-2017, 02:06 PM
Looks like they're sold out online.

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 02:07 PM
thank you!! I did not realise you could do the hospitality online. Now purchased 2 :flag:

Good news. Been an expensive day for you. Hopefully we can turn them over on their own patch.

Enjoy. :aok:

HibeeDaz6270
01-02-2017, 02:08 PM
I added a season ticket client ref to my booking. But it was allowing me to book without one. I just added it last minute to ensure i dont get any problems.

Pete
01-02-2017, 02:09 PM
What do you class as ordinary? :confused:

Well certainly not people like Aunt Agnes who have never been to a game in their puff.

They should have all been sold to season ticket holders at the same time to give everyone an equal chance.

brumhibby
01-02-2017, 02:10 PM

You can book online, I have just done it after having been trying to call for 40 mins as well

seats are in section K of the roseburn think the lower tier was available online earlier but the upper wasn't so looks like they have kept a section back for this. Have we got the whole stand?

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 02:11 PM
I added a season ticket client ref to my booking. But it was allowing me to book without one. I just added it last minute to ensure i dont get any problems.

The system would have known that you were a season ticket holder when you logged in.

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 02:12 PM
You can book online, I have just done it after having been trying to call for 40 mins as well

seats are in section K of the roseburn think the lower tier was available online earlier but the upper wasn't so looks like they have kept a section back for this. Have we got the whole stand?

Yes we have the HOLE stand. :agree:

I can't remember the names of the other three stands.

The Modfather
01-02-2017, 02:13 PM

Just bought my hospitality ticket online. Much appreciated for the heads up as spent ages on the phone getting nowhere. 👍

bigwheel
keeping some tickets back so they can make a mark up on some breakfast and transport is NOT in the spirit of what the club should be doing...what a terrible decision.

Col_0762
Just booked this for 4 of us. Confirmatiom email tells you nothing. Anyone know if you can just turn up and get your tickets and not have the brekkie etc? Would rather be in the Roseburn than at Easter Road.

Pete
01-02-2017, 02:15 PM
keeping some tickets back so they can make a mark up on some breakfast and transport is NOT in the spirit of what the club should be doing...what a terrible decision.

:agree:

H18 SFR
01-02-2017, 02:16 PM
Having had no success earlier I just go the wife to get two forbme and the laddie. Gutted at the price but delighted all the same.

kaimendhibs
01-02-2017, 02:16 PM
Got this as no other option

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andy74
01-02-2017, 02:17 PM
Well certainly not people like Aunt Agnes who have never been to a game in their puff.

They should have all been sold to season ticket holders at the same time to give everyone an equal chance.

They are available to season ticket holders - was your point not that they should not have gone to people who had £75 instead of £28?

Johnny Clash
01-02-2017, 02:18 PM

As a previous poster said mate: f you can get online then you can buy them instantly.

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 02:18 PM
Just booked this for 4 of us. Confirmatiom email tells you nothing. Anyone know if you can just turn up and get your tickets and not have the brekkie etc? Would rather be in the Roseburn than at Easter Road.

With arrival from 9:30am, supporters who book onto the package will not only receive a ticket for the match, but will also be served a full buffet breakfast, tea and coffee and complimentary drinks.

Looks like you get your ticket on arrival at Easter Road. No reason why you can't disappear once you have your ticket. Maybe take a bag to put some breakfast in. :greengrin

BH Hibs
01-02-2017, 02:20 PM
Yes we have the HOLE stand. :agree:

I can't remember the names of the other three stands.

I believe they are asbestos ridden, utter and ****. I was going to ask if these tickets were also for the best part of the stand then I remembered where we are going.

HibeeDaz6270
01-02-2017, 02:25 PM
The system would have known that you were a season ticket holder when you logged in.

I am not a season ticket holder, which is why i couldnt buy tickets online earlier. I had a friends client ref but ticket office told me as i am not a season ticket holder it would not allow me access depsite adding the Ref, which was accurate.

However for hospitality tickets it let me do it all no problem online

greenlex
01-02-2017, 02:28 PM
Disappointed with Hibs. This is basically racketeering. Are they trying to piss off fans? Hundreds if not thousands will have been left disappointed and hacked off at not getting tickets today then they roll this out to make a measly few quid. I'm actually disgusted.

Berwickhibby
01-02-2017, 02:33 PM
At last managed to purchase.... been an expensive day but hopefully the Hibees thrash them

01-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Hospitality now sold out

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
01-02-2017, 02:41 PM

Agree 100%.

Col_0762
01-02-2017, 02:45 PM
With arrival from 9:30am, supporters who book onto the package will not only receive a ticket for the match, but will also be served a full buffet breakfast, tea and coffee and complimentary drinks.

Looks like you get your ticket on arrival at Easter Road. No reason why you can't disappear once you have your ticket. Maybe take a bag to put some breakfast in. :greengrin

Couple of rolls and fire it on them lol. Apparenty we'll get an email from "Lynn" tomorrow with the finer details.

Bit pricey but hey ho, either that or miss first derby there since 1997.

Another thing i picked up on, online only blocks m and L and lower k were available. Our tickets on hospitality are upper k, smack bang in the middle. Hibs have taken advantage of demand here I feel.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2017, 02:45 PM
£40 for breakfast a couple of drinks and transport to and from the piggery is not too bad in my opinion, i think the club have priced this a little low.

If the club were fleecing the fans, they could have got a bit more in my opinion. :top marks

Bristolhibby
01-02-2017, 02:47 PM
I went to the hospitality for the Bonnyrigg Rose game. As a non St Holder from out of town, it was perfect for me.

Got to see the Cup, met Stubbsy, Doolan and Irvine Welsh.

J

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 02:48 PM
£40 for breakfast a couple of drinks and transport to and from the piggery is not too bad in my opinion, i think the club have priced this a little low.

If the club were fleecing the fans, they could have got a bit more in my opinion. :top marks

:stirrer:

Smartie
01-02-2017, 02:49 PM

It's not a huge benefit for causing ill-feeling amongst some of your already-aggrieved most loyal customers, that's for sure.

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 02:50 PM
I went to the hospitality for the Bonnyrigg Rose game. As a non St Holder from out of town, it was perfect for me.

Got to see the Cup, met Stubbsy, Doolan and Irvine Welsh.

J

This time they get to see KT. A real bargain. Snip at the price.

Col_0762
01-02-2017, 02:50 PM

£47. £2 a breakfast at most, £3 a drink x 2 and a bus £2?

So it's £40 profit when you think about it.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2017, 02:51 PM
:stirrer:

Not stirring, i have actually worded that wrong though. I think its been priced about right, although if they wanted to fleece us i think they could have got a bit more.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2017, 02:56 PM

Where do you get a buffet breakfast for £2? I'd have thought a buffet breakfast would set you back at least £7-£8, a couple of pints £7 and the bus wont be stopping at every bus stop so is like a taxi both ways which would cost upward of £10 each way.

Thats why i think its value for those like myself who came in from golf at 2 O'clock and 10 minutes later have 2 seats.

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 02:58 PM

£2 for a breakfast at most. Whereabouts? Or are you talking about two takeaway rolls. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 03:01 PM
Where do you get a buffet breakfast for £2? I'd have thought a buffet breakfast would set you back at least £7-£8, a couple of pints £7 and the bus wont be stopping at every bus stop so is like a taxi both ways which would cost upward of £10 each way.

Thats why i think its value for those like myself who came in from golf at 2 O'clock and 10 minutes later have 2 seats.

Are you sure that you get a bus back to Easter Road? Didn't for the Bonnyrigg Rose match. Mind you that's a small part of the package.

Col_0762
01-02-2017, 03:02 PM

Do they buy the breakfast items in as a buffet breakfast? No, packs of bacon, sausages etc. Each cover will be rougly £2 a head. I'm not fussed, paid the £75 for a ticket and will be in and out to get ticket then go to the pub.

Col_0762
01-02-2017, 03:03 PM
£2 for a breakfast at most. Whereabouts? Or are you talking about two takeaway rolls. :greengrin

Lol just meaning to buy the stuff in. I know they have to make a profit and they are, but a very generous one I think. But I paid it so cannae moan!

ronaldo7
01-02-2017, 03:07 PM

Some folk will have paid more on their phone bill this morning. 😑

Thegreenside
01-02-2017, 03:14 PM
Absolute joke! My phone bill will be about 50 quid and never even got through to a operator and they where keeping tickets back after it was "sold out"

Sergey
01-02-2017, 03:15 PM
As the club have been promoting a 'healthy lifestyle' over the last couple of seasons, I hope we're not limited to bacon and those ghastly sausages that seem to spoil every nationwide cooked breakfast.

Some organic quinoa would be welcome, followed by some grilled kippers, washed down with a pot of green tea. The drinks should be of the freshly squeezed variety and be locally sourced.

A selection of fresh fruit should also be on every table.

Just my opinion.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-02-2017, 03:19 PM
As the club have been promoting a 'healthy lifestyle' over the last couple of seasons, I hope we're not limited to bacon and those ghastly sausages that seem to spoil every nationwide cooked breakfast.

Some organic quinoa would be welcome, followed by some grilled kippers, washed down with a pot of green tea. The drinks should be of the freshly squeezed variety and be locally sourced.

A selection of fresh fruit should also be on every table.

Just my opinion.

I doubt the fare on offer will be comparable to what you have become accustomed to in Quinns.

.Sean.
01-02-2017, 03:25 PM
If I'd missed out on tickets today I'd be livid and rightly so.

Say for arguments sake there's 70 spots, takeaway the 28 quid ticket and Hibs are making nearly 50 quid a heed on a buffet, transport and a couple drinks. Sounds a lot?

Wrong. It's about 3 and a half grand, minus 'overheads', which should be a ****pence for a club like us.

Such a small sum aint worth pissing off supporters, not by a long shot. I don't think it's too bad a deal but definetely not for such a game when there was a demand like that and such relatively little to be made from it. Poor decision imo.

trev the hat
01-02-2017, 03:26 PM

Surely a market for a hospitality away season ticket G 😉

😄

green&left
01-02-2017, 03:26 PM
It doesn't feel right, when so many have missed out, but that's exactly the time the club knows it will be a success. £75 isn't so bad, and is within the price range of many fans. I wonder how many places there are?

Its piss poor IMO and essentially legalised ticket touting. They'll be getting half the gates and £80,000+ from Sky. Capitalising on the situation and its just sheer greed IMO.

CallumLaidlaw
01-02-2017, 03:38 PM
Its piss poor IMO and essentially legalised ticket touting. They'll be getting half the gates and £80,000+ from Sky. Capitalising on the situation and its just sheer greed IMO.

While I don't really have too much of an issue with it, it does seem a bit daft for them to do this knowing its bound to upset a chunk of fans, for the sake of maybe £5-6k.

Since90+2
01-02-2017, 03:45 PM
They wont make anything like 5-6k from it.

Lets say its 100 folk at £75 but you need to remove the ticket price so its £47 per head. Thats £4700 profit but then they will have to take off the cost of the food to buy in , pay the wages of the waiting staff and kitchen staff , take off the cost of the bevvy , and then the hire costs of the bus plus Kevin Thomson's appearance fee (if he's not doing it for f all which I doubt).

They will probably make about a couple of grand off it. Disgraceful decision and the tickets should have been available in the standard pricing bracket.

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2017, 03:54 PM
They wont make anything like 5-6k from it.

Lets say its 100 folk at £75 but you need to remove the ticket price so its £47 per head. Thats £4700 profit but then they will have to take off the cost of the food to buy in , pay the wages of the waiting staff and kitchen staff , take off the cost of the bevvy , and then the hire costs of the bus plus Kevin Thomson's appearance fee (if he's not doing it for f all which I doubt).

They will probably make about a couple of grand off it. Disgraceful decision and the tickets should have been available in the standard pricing bracket.

Less £12,50 VAT per ticket.:agree:

My_Wife_Camille
01-02-2017, 04:20 PM
I got one of these tickets

It probably isn't fair that I managed to get one and others didn't just because I can afford it but thats just the way it is.

At the same time though I'm a regular home and away and have been for years and I also don't think it's fair that I missed out on one of the £28 tickets just because others who have all of a sudden decided that they want to offer their support got there first but that's also just the way it is.

Bob1875
Does anyone know if there will be a cash bar at the hospitality?

Andy74

Hospitality as ticket touting, heard it all now. What do you mean by greed? For who's benefit do you think we maximise revenue?

Billy Whizz
01-02-2017, 04:23 PM
How many hospitality places did Hibs have for the Hearts game

givescotlandfreedom
01-02-2017, 04:36 PM
I think it's a con and a pretty shameless one at that. Still I'm part of the problem because I've paid it but only out of desperation to get.

wookie70
01-02-2017, 04:46 PM
It's a terrible decision made worse by the plus one on the Client number.

Why wasn't the hospitality package offered to away ST holders first.

For the sake of a few grand the club have created another sore point and trying to cash in like this goes against what a community club should be doing.

Bob1875
01-02-2017, 04:48 PM
I think it's a con and I've bought one.

Andy74
01-02-2017, 04:50 PM
It's a terrible decision made worse by the plus one on the Client number.

Why wasn't the hospitality package offered to away ST holders first.

For the sake of a few grand the club have created another sore point and trying to cash in like this goes against what a community club should be doing.

So as a 'community club' should we be selling pies and drinks at cost price, cup final DVDs at a fiver at most and so on..?

hibee
01-02-2017, 05:03 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a cash bar at the hospitality?

Wouldn't have thought so, bar can't open until 11 and bus leaves at 11:30 so once you've had the two free drinks it's time to go.

hibee
01-02-2017, 05:07 PM
I'm not fussed, paid the £75 for a ticket and will be in and out to get ticket then go to the pub.

Why don't you swap your tickets with a group that would appreciate the breakfast, give you more time in the pub and save you travelling time :)

Eyrie
01-02-2017, 08:08 PM
How many hospitality places did Hibs have for the Hearts game

Judging by the reaction on here, it must be over a thousand tickets because even one hundred would make little difference to anyone's chances of getting one either at the ticket office or online.

wookie70
01-02-2017, 08:35 PM
So as a 'community club' should we be selling pies and drinks at cost price, cup final DVDs at a fiver at most and so on..?

There is a big difference in items that have nothing to do with supporting the club other than financially to creating expensive ticketing option for a a game that could have sold out 3 times over to just season ticket holders.

Brooster
01-02-2017, 09:17 PM
Nobody complained when Hibs done exactly the same for the Bonnyrigg game.

wookie70
01-02-2017, 09:48 PM
Nobody complained when Hibs done exactly the same for the Bonnyrigg game. The Bonnyrigg Game went to a general sale so is very different. The club were up front though and put the hospitality packages out before the normal tickets went on sale. I still think it is poor idea if there is a chance that season ticket holders won't get a ticket.

#2 Double Tap
01-02-2017, 09:55 PM

you'd like to think after 20 years she would understand Hibs come first :D

Sergey
01-02-2017, 09:59 PM
This is a brilliant move by the club. Regardless of what league we play in next season (probably the SPL) then what is exactly wrong with the club offering pre-match hospitality with transport to and from the match with prime match seats?

Those who are willing to pay will undoubtedly pay over the asking price - that's how hospitality works.

Brilliant from where I'm sat. I might get a ticket!

Brooster
01-02-2017, 10:07 PM
Maximise the income.....thats what I say.

Itsnoteasy
01-02-2017, 10:40 PM
This is a brilliant move by the club. Regardless of what league we play in next season (probably the SPL) then what is exactly wrong with the club offering pre-match hospitality with transport to and from the match with prime match seats?

Those who are willing to pay will undoubtedly pay over the asking price - that's how hospitality works.

How many away games next season do you think will be a sell out?
Then when it is sold out HFC roll out the hospitality package.
Absolute scandal.

Peevemor
02-02-2017, 06:19 AM
Absolute scandal.

I think that had the club announced the hospitality packages at the same time as the other tockets there wouldn't have been the same outcry.

greenlad
02-02-2017, 06:39 AM
Absolute scandal.

I agree it is poor.

As a STH and a shareholder who hasn't missed a derby since 1994 and a regular away attendee (missed only Rangers away x 2 last season on personal dislike of that club/stadium, and only Turriff this season (late change of date)) I would have been disgusted had I missed out on this one due to a section of tickets from the usual Away Alloction being held back to be flogged as part of some "package" for those willing to pay more that can't be netting the club more than £2-3K profit when all is said and done.

We live in a commercial world but there are times when a business has to consider the wider picture, fans (customers) feeling they are being treated fairly, rather than just chasing the bottom line, particularly when the returns are so low.

As it was I was able to get a ticket but only because of my retired OAP dad being available to queue for 9 hours - ridiculous in this day and age but that argument's being had elsewhere.

Is this "away hospitality" a new thing? I know its traditional to have these packages for Hampden etc, and although that sticks in a the throat a bit that people can buy a package and automatically get better seats, at least on these occasions its unlikely that any regular Hibs fans will miss out. But an away derby (and above all this particular away derby) is totally different. The game is obviously going to be an immediate sell-out, and yet the club has chosen to act against the interests of its regular away supporters by limiting the number of tickets on "proper" public sale. Opening the hospitality package to a STH AND their +1 (who may not be a STH) willing to pay more just rubs salt in the wounds.

Don't recall too many away hospitality packages for "meal, drink, travel and ticket" to Cowdenbeath, Alloa and Ayr, over the past few years.

FAO Supporter's Rep candidates - esp Amit, Tracey, Charlene as I know you are on here and espouse the vitues of electronic communication and to me this is the sort of issue that really SHOULD be communicated with the fans

Here is a chance to maybe pickup some votes (from me anyway)! Can you possibly address the following points please as best as possible?

- (To All)Do you think these Away Hospitality packages are really in the best interests of the regular away fans whose chances of getting a ticket for a key game could be reduced further?
- (To Amit/Frank) Did HFC consult with you as Supporters Reps on the issue - bearing in mind the certainty it would further reduce ticket availability for its supporters through "normal" channels?
- (To All) If you are succesful in getting elected to the Board would Away Hospitality be a commercial approach you would endorse being re-implemented in future should similar away sell outs (for Hearts or anywhere) occur or would you canvas further fan opinion around this and represent these views to the board?

Kind Regards

Allant1981
02-02-2017, 06:45 AM

hardly toffs, im away that weekend but would happily have bought the hospitality tickets and im certainly no toff!!

Carheenlea
02-02-2017, 06:53 AM

Nobody would have any issue if tickets were for prime seats within the hospitality areas of the home club, but when tickets are for standard seats that eat into the allocation set aside for travelling fans, particularly when in high demand, then that is wrong.

Alfiembra
02-02-2017, 06:54 AM
Call me old fashioned but if a fan is prepared to queue overnight, or at least for several hours in wintertime then I think they should be given the priority and the majority of the available tickets say 60%. However I also think there should be limits on the number of tickets any one fan can buy whether at the TO in person or online to a maximum of 4 tickets. Just my tuppence worth.

ronaldo7
02-02-2017, 07:12 AM
Can anyone from the Working Together group shed any light on whether this has been discussed at one of their forums.

I believe a ticketing group was formed.

If not, I'll just put it down to the marketing department, and Greg Mailer squeezing as much out of this game as they can.

QMU-1875
02-02-2017, 08:14 AM
I think the tears and snotters over this are ridiculous. Any club would do the same it's not fleecing anyone it's actually a very decent deal. £28 on the ticket, £10 for breakfast, £15 for taxi from leith to Easter road, £7 for the two pints comes to £60. Premium is the access to Easter road, not a bad deal at all. People just like causing a fuss.

None of this would be the case if the loyalty points weren't taken away. The hospitality tickets are definitely not to blame for the so called "ticket fiasco"

oneone73
02-02-2017, 08:19 AM
Nobody would have any issue if tickets were for prime seats within the hospitality areas of the home club, but when tickets are for standard seats that eat into the allocation set aside for travelling fans, particularly when in high demand, then that is wrong.

This.

QMU-1875
02-02-2017, 08:21 AM

No it's not. It's an even better deal. I wouldn't have bought them otherwise.

jgl07
02-02-2017, 08:45 AM
We all know that a lot of Hibs fans like a good moan. There were even moans when Hibs won the old First Division under McLeish by a mile and were bringing in the likes of Latapy, Sauzee, and Mixu. Why? Because Tom Farmer wouldn't sell out to some dodgy double glazing salesman. The club should disregard them in future.

It has been a hard time for them recently with Hibs way clear at the top of the Championship and still in the Scottish Cup. So the whole ticketing controversy and the hospitality thing came in the nick of time.

The club made the mistake of listening to the moaners when they scrapped the loyalty points scheme. That was at the root of the ticketing problem in the first place.

ronaldo7
02-02-2017, 08:48 AM
We all know that a lot of Hibs fans like a good moan. There were even moans when Hibs won the old First Division under McLeish by a mile and were bringing in the likes of Latapy, Sauzee, and Mixu. Why? Because Tom Farmer wouldn't sell out to some dodgy double glazing salesman. The club should disregard them in future.

It has been a hard time for them recently with Hibs way clear at the top of the Championship and still in the Scottish Cup. So the whole ticketing controversy and the hospitality thing came in the nick of time.

The club made the mistake of listening to the moaners when they scrapped the loyalty points scheme. That was at the root of the ticketing problem in the first place.

I'd rather wallow in the knowledge that 1,500 Hearts season ticket holders have been booted oot their seats to make way for 1,500 Hibbies.:greengrin

oneone73
02-02-2017, 09:00 AM
I'd rather wallow in the knowledge that 1,500 Hearts season ticket holders have been booted oot their seats to make way for 1,500 Hibbies.:greengrin

Technically they haven't, though, since it's a cup game.

H18 SFR
02-02-2017, 09:02 AM
hardly toffs, im away that weekend but would happily have bought the hospitality tickets and im certainly no toff!!

Totally agree, I've spent half our food budget for the month buying them.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2017, 09:13 AM
I agree it is poor.

As a STH and a shareholder who hasn't missed a derby since 1994 and a regular away attendee (missed only Rangers away x 2 last season on personal dislike of that club/stadium, and only Turriff this season (late change of date)) I would have been disgusted had I missed out on this one due to a section of tickets from the usual Away Alloction being held back to be flogged as part of some "package" for those willing to pay more that can't be netting the club more than £2-3K profit when all is said and done.

We live in a commercial world but there are times when a business has to consider the wider picture, fans (customers) feeling they are being treated fairly, rather than just chasing the bottom line, particularly when the returns are so low.

As it was I was able to get a ticket but only because of my retired OAP dad being available to queue for 9 hours - ridiculous in this day and age but that argument's being had elsewhere.

Is this "away hospitality" a new thing? I know its traditional to have these packages for Hampden etc, and although that sticks in a the throat a bit that people can buy a package and automatically get better seats, at least on these occasions its unlikely that any regular Hibs fans will miss out. But an away derby (and above all this particular away derby) is totally different. The game is obviously going to be an immediate sell-out, and yet the club has chosen to act against the interests of its regular away supporters by limiting the number of tickets on "proper" public sale. Opening the hospitality package to a STH AND their +1 (who may not be a STH) willing to pay more just rubs salt in the wounds.

Don't recall too many away hospitality packages for "meal, drink, travel and ticket" to Cowdenbeath, Alloa and Ayr, over the past few years.

FAO Supporter's Rep candidates - esp Amit, Tracey, Charlene as I know you are on here and espouse the vitues of electronic communication and to me this is the sort of issue that really SHOULD be communicated with the fans

Here is a chance to maybe pickup some votes (from me anyway)! Can you possibly address the following points please as best as possible?

- (To All)Do you think these Away Hospitality packages are really in the best interests of the regular away fans whose chances of getting a ticket for a key game could be reduced further?
- (To Amit/Frank) Did HFC consult with you as Supporters Reps on the issue - bearing in mind the certainty it would further reduce ticket availability for its supporters through "normal" channels?
- (To All) If you are succesful in getting elected to the Board would Away Hospitality be a commercial approach you would endorse being re-implemented in future should similar away sell outs (for Hearts or anywhere) occur or would you canvas further fan opinion around this and represent these views to the board?

Kind Regards

There was Hospitality at Cowdenbeath recently, £60 got you a ticket and a curry across the road at the local indian restaurant who may if my memory serves me correctly, have been a sponsor of the club.

Alloa do it too every game too.

ronaldo7
02-02-2017, 09:22 AM
Technically they haven't, though, since it's a cup game.

Stop moaning.:greengrin

If it was a home draw at ER, I'd get the chance to buy my seat...They don't.

Must be something to do with Tiny being eh...Tiny.

The_Horde
02-02-2017, 09:39 AM

As a loyal home and away fan, I'm delighted this option was there as otherwise I was losing out. We need to reinstate the loyalty points system and use it for these types of games only.

The_Horde
02-02-2017, 09:45 AM
Ticket £28 + 2 beers £38 + breakfast around £45. Then a taxi to the ground say £5... an extra £20-£30 to see the hibs rub the scottish cup into some yam faces? Gees it.

Would probably have spent that in the Roseburn/murrayfield beforehand anyway.

HappyHanlon
02-02-2017, 09:45 AM
Happy Hanlon is very happy!

Missed out on a ticket due to mad scramble so have jumped on the Hospitality.

FWIW, I ain't a "Toff" either - more a supporter that goes to all the home games and 75% of away games.