PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Supporters Ltd. £30 a month worse off

Iggy Pope
01-02-2017, 12:36 PM
I signed up at the start and once certified, continued my payments in perpetuity.

I hear nothing from them. The payments are not even acknowledged and could be going anywhere.

Following todays fiasco, the club will be hearing from me, again, on how they handle ticketing affairs.

My perpetual payment to HSL however, stops now.My season ticket won't. But that will.

DarrenSQH
01-02-2017, 12:37 PM
What did HSL have to do with you not getting a ticket?

tartanhibee
01-02-2017, 12:42 PM
Unfortunately you can't just throw your toys out the Pram because you didn't get what you want.

Would you do that in other parts of your life? I hope the answer is no.

et vireta
01-02-2017, 12:45 PM
I signed up at the start and once certified, continued my payments in perpetuity.

I hear nothing from them. The payments are not even acknowledged and could be going anywhere.

Following todays fiasco, the club will be hearing from me, again, on how they handle ticketing affairs.

My perpetual payment to HSL however, stops now.My season ticket won't. But that will.

Why are you angry with HSL ?
I'm like you I have my certificate and continue paying monthly. My payment is acknowledged by my bank statement.

You sound very angry re some kind of fiasco ?

Mantis Toboggan
01-02-2017, 12:48 PM

The payments cant be going anywhere. They can only go to share purchases.
Plenty of us have been disappointed today trying to get tickets. Lashing out at HSL is pointless.

Salt N Sauzee
01-02-2017, 12:52 PM
How is you not getting a ticket for the Derby anything to do with HSL? What an utterly embarrassing and pathetic thread.

BoomtownHibees
01-02-2017, 12:52 PM

Wait, you are giving up paying to HSL because you didn't get a ticket for the cup game and now "don't know where the money has went"??

Come oan now

Ringothedog
01-02-2017, 12:54 PM

Can I ask what you want to hear from HSL ? When money is handed over to Hibernian from HSL it is invariably reported how much has been sent and what percentage of the club is now owned by the fans. "payments could be going anywhere" Are you are suggesting that payments are being diverted elsewhere other than to but shares in the club. I find that hard to believe!

Do you want every payment sent by you to be acknowledged :confused:

What Ticketing fiasco ? There were 3 ways to try and purchase tickets today, we received 3500 tickets and there are 11500 season ticket holders. there were always going to be people disappointed. I know a few and they go every week home and away

I would suggest that you contact HSL directly with your concerns, maybe they will be able to help.

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2017, 12:57 PM
For the record, guys, the Club update their file at Companies House every time there are more shares issued, either to HSL or private shareholders. That has been changing fairly regularly in recent months.

That's where the money is going.

tartanhibee
01-02-2017, 01:03 PM
The op is obviously upset as many are at not getting a ticket for the game, I'm sure having read the replies that he will be able to dust himself down and move on. Hopefully after he thinks about it he will continue to support HSL in the way he has been doing.

Hiber-nation
01-02-2017, 01:21 PM

Stevie, I feel your pain. Grab a couple of these and complain later :wink: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7230

Iggy Pope
01-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Interesting responses and I'm sure you're all contributing open ended year on year like I am. Toys and prams cost money after all.

The money is going somewhere, its never acknowledged even though it's voluntary.
I'm assuming its going to the club. Maybe they should stick some of it into ticketing.
The club have handled this ticketing test abysmally and I've written to them.
I'm hardly ripping up my season ticket (or my shares, another matter) but they need a boot in the nuts. Here's my wee boot.

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2017, 01:29 PM
Interesting responses and I'm sure you're all contributing open ended year on year like I am. Toys and prams cost money after all.

The money is going somewhere, its never acknowledged even though it's voluntary.
I'm assuming its going to the club. Maybe they should stick some of it into ticketing.
I'm hardly ripping up my season ticket (or my shares, another matter) but they need a boot in the nuts. Here's my wee boot.

Your passion, and your disappointment, is clear and understandable.

An issue for the new fans' reps?

BSEJVT
01-02-2017, 01:36 PM

I get that you are angry and you are not alone but if you step back and think about it your cancelling your HSL subscriptions is another impediment to getting things like this changed.

Your contributions go to HSL, they buy shares, as the number of shares they own on behalf of supporters rise and they hit the milestones they need their representation on the board increases and they can effect change.

I agree HSL is less than satisfactory, but its run by volunteers who fit it in a round their day jobs.

By all means cancel your subscription, although it seems a bit petulant, by your doing so simply delays the increasing fan ownership of the club and is counter productive to your aims.

The monies raised through this don't go into anyone's pockets, they are spent on the team so you are in effect cutting off your nose to spite your face

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-02-2017, 01:38 PM
11000 season tickets, much less Tynie tickets, some folk were going to miss out.

Ozyhibby
01-02-2017, 01:59 PM
Tried to get into a restaurant last night and it was fully booked. Raging.
Cancelled Netflix this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gerard
01-02-2017, 02:00 PM
The issue of fans being able to get tickets when His are playing away is a issue that does not have s perfect solution. When we play Hearts there will probably be many people who can not get s ticket. I am happy to watch that game on TV or listen to Hibs TV when not televised by Sky or BT.
I like many people support HSL as it is a good way for the fans to own a major share holding on our club and gives the club badly needed money to improve the team.

Bostonhibby
01-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Your passion, and your disappointment, is clear and understandable.

An issue for the new fans' reps?
Or one the current fans representatives might have been proactive to? Definitely fan related and my sympathy is with iggy here even allowing for the fact that there was always going to be some disappointed people here.

offshorehibby
01-02-2017, 02:43 PM

I'm sure it was stated away at the start of HSL that all monies raised goes directly to the player budget, that's the reason so many people have joined up. If the HSL money was diverted to day to day running of the club i'm sure a few would be re-thinking their commitment to it.

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2017, 02:50 PM
I'm sure it was stated away at the start of HSL that all monies raised goes directly to the player budget, that's the reason so many people have joined up. If the HSL money was diverted to day to day running of the club i'm sure a few would be re-thinking their commitment to it.

This from the HSL website (emphasis is mine)

There is a binding legal agreement between Hibernian Supporters Limited and Hibernian Football Club that guarantees the transfer of shares on receipt of funds and that those funds will only be used to further the Club’s sporting ambitions and not directed to current shareholders.

Iggy Pope
01-02-2017, 02:51 PM

I understand that sentiment, fantastic as it is, but I'll withdraw my £360 annum just in case it could be better served elsewhere.
Like opening the Ticket Office at 10 instead of 12. Or getting wee Lyndsey a better phone for the Hospitality uptake. One that she might answer. All relevant? Can't survive on players alone.

Moody Blues
01-02-2017, 02:53 PM

Ha ha! That cheered me up.

bigwheel
01-02-2017, 02:54 PM
whilst the trigger of a ticket for today seems a bit emotional..I actually think the OP has a decent point . I contribute to HSL, have done since the start and continue to do so. In fact, uplifted my payment recently at some weak emotional moment, probably after watching the cup final DVD :greengrin

That said, the lack of decent communications from the organisation is a good point...we rarely here anything from them...

we are hibs
01-02-2017, 02:55 PM
Get your point but I'd be asking why your £30 a month obviously didn't go on signing players this month.

TonyStokeprano
01-02-2017, 03:02 PM
For the record, guys, the Club update their file at Companies House every time there are more shares issued, either to HSL or private shareholders. That has been changing fairly regularly in recent months.

That's where the money is going.

So I'm donating money just to cover administration costs ? We will surely make about 100k from the Derby minimum aswell, that's 5k a week for the next 20 weeks that could have been spent on quality! No the best January from hibs, especially if lennon was wanting 3 more players and got 0.

BSEJVT
01-02-2017, 03:13 PM
So I'm donating money just to cover administration costs ?

Talk about over reaction

The admin costs will be minimal if anything as they aren't registering individual shareholders under HSL only that HSL have bought them

Its a legal requirement and the only way anyone can properly identify the shareholders.

Now enough of your nonsense, no tea and off to bed.

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2017, 03:14 PM
So I'm donating money just to cover administration costs ? We will surely make about 100k from the Derby minimum aswell, that's 5k a week for the next 20 weeks that could have been spent on quality! No the best January from hibs, especially if lennon was wanting 3 more players and got 0.

Where did I say that? :confused:

(I've always wanted to say that, by the way).

Rougier45
01-02-2017, 03:46 PM
I understand that sentiment, fantastic as it is, but I'll withdraw my £360 annum just in case it could be better served elsewhere.
Like opening the Ticket Office at 10 instead of 12. Or getting wee Lyndsey a better phone for the Hospitality uptake. One that she might answer. All relevant? Can't survive on players alone.

Trying to book hospitality at ER is a joke - they don't answer or reply - Hibs don't know how to treat fans and LD is not on top of this -

guthrie01
01-02-2017, 03:50 PM

Brilliant, made me laugh :tee hee:

Thecat23
01-02-2017, 03:52 PM
Trying to book hospitality at ER is a joke - they don't answer or reply - Hibs don't know how to treat fans and LD is not on top of this -

You really don't like LD do you!

Thecat23
01-02-2017, 03:55 PM

Not the best they don't at least send a letter or something, but I wouldn't cancel it as you are punishing them just because you never got a ticket. Look at the bigger picture and the cause you are helping. If you can afford it I'd say stick with it!

lapsedhibee
01-02-2017, 03:59 PM

:greengrin

Iggy Pope
01-02-2017, 04:59 PM

Minus the referred to abuse.

Which restaurant is this you pay £30 unequivocally to each month? And is it one you attend week in week out regardless of travel, cost of journey, loss of earnings?

Got one? No? Thought that. Now away, etc etc....

WeeRussell
01-02-2017, 05:04 PM

Which restaurant is this you pay £30 unequivocally to each month? And is it one you attend week in week out regardless of travel, cost of journey, loss of earnings?

... his gag was still funny though.

hibee316
01-02-2017, 05:09 PM

Brilliant!

Take a bow! :not worth

hibby6270
01-02-2017, 05:19 PM

:top marks
Bl00dy McDonalds eh? No 'loyalty' to their regulars.

Iggy Pope
01-02-2017, 05:31 PM
Fair play to Ozy. He's a card.

Iggy Pope
01-02-2017, 05:32 PM
Brilliant!

Take a bow! :not worth

Getting out much?

Iggy Pope
01-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Not the best they don't at least send a letter or something, but I wouldn't cancel it as you are punishing them just because you never got a ticket. Look at the bigger picture and the cause you are helping. If you can afford it I'd say stick with it!

Would you? Are you?

Ronniekirk
01-02-2017, 05:57 PM

Liked that

WhileTheChief..
01-02-2017, 05:57 PM

Folk just like to blame others for anything they're not happy with these days.

It wasn't a fiasco today, simply not enough tickets to satisfy demand. A nice problem to have and hopefully will happen again in the future.

WhileTheChief..
01-02-2017, 05:59 PM

Hang on, you thought that because you subscribe to HSL that you should get priority for tickets???

That's a new one.

Arch Stanton
01-02-2017, 06:04 PM
whilst the trigger of a ticket for today seems a bit emotional..I actually think the OP has a decent point . I contribute to HSL, have done since the start and continue to do so. In fact, uplifted my payment recently at some weak emotional moment, probably after watching the cup final DVD :greengrin

That said, the lack of decent communications from the organisation is a good point...we rarely here anything from them...

Surely it isn't about them but about us - i.e. you and me and all the other fans who are heading to a 51% ownership in Hibs thereby safeguarding the club and it's assets.

'They' are just helping us get there - they won't in any sense be affected by people withdrawing funding. The 51% ownership will be delayed to some extent and that's about it.

bigwheel
01-02-2017, 06:18 PM
Surely it isn't about them but about us - i.e. you and me and all the other fans who are heading to a 51% ownership in Hibs thereby safeguarding the club and it's assets.

'They' are just helping us get there - they won't in any sense be affected by people withdrawing funding. The 51% ownership will be delayed to some extent and that's about it.

Fair Enough Crabis ...surely the HSL team though have a role to keep existing investors engaged not drifting off and also to encourage more -as we do too ! think they need to reflect on how they do that more ...

Smartie
01-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Hang on, hang on.

The OP is making a decent point, even if it is mainly motivated by anger and frustration.

(Puts "business owner" hat on).

Fans are fickle. Customers are fickle. Clients are fickle.

At certain points, people lose interest in a particular product/ service/ pastime and choose to spend their money elsewhere, and that is their right.

Hibs have worked hard to generate as much interest in their "product" as they have. There is a lot of "goodwill" from the fans towards the club right now, but that can be lost in an instant. Day after day, event after event, game after game, they have to ensure that everyone associated with them performs to a high standard. This goes for Petrie, to LD, to Lennon, to the players, to the development coaches, to the staff at hospitality to the folk operating the turnstiles etc etc etc. I would suggest that the way in which today was handled, someone somewhere "dropped the baton."

You can't please all of the people, all of the time, and I would suggest that many of today's problems stem from Hibs being overly sensitive to criticism of the previous loyalty scheme, which was imperfect yet pretty fair.

11,000 into 3,000 doesn't go and there were always going to be people upset at missing out. But if you're going to miss out, at least you can feel like you've missed out fairly - today that doesn't seem to be the case.

Hibs have a lot to lose, albeit not necessarily immediately. HSL can be cancelled, folk can get cheesed off and not renew season tickets next year. Folk will vote with their feet if they're unhappy.

Ultimately people use a business because of the way it makes them feel. If it feels good, they go back. If it doesn't, they don't. Hibs gave us something huge last summer, it felt good, and as a result they got a lot back. But the moment they stop doing that......

I'm not an HSL member (for all I'm a business owner, times are tough and I haven't been able to contribute) but I am a season ticket holder. I am a customer that could be lost, any time Hibs don't give me what I want. In all likelihood, I'll renew next season, full of enthusiasm about our return to the big league, along with many others. But should the unthinkable happen and we don't go up I'll probably remember today when that begging bowl gets passed around in anticipation of a fourth season in the Championship. I'll remember how I felt that time they kept a handful of tickets back for hospitality, for a game I really wanted to go to. I'm fine about missing out on a ticket, that was always a possibility, but that wee gesture sticks in the throat a bit.

It costs a lot more to attract any new customer than it does to look after the ones you already have (I know this personally, to my cost).

I suspect LD is aware of this too.

(Takes "business-owner" hat off).

Hopefully we horse them at Tynie, we all have a great time watching the game wherever we are, and this is all swiftly forgotten about.

hhibs
01-02-2017, 07:22 PM
Hang on, hang on.

The OP is making a decent point, even if it is mainly motivated by anger and frustration.

(Puts "business owner" hat on).

Fans are fickle. Customers are fickle. Clients are fickle.

At certain points, people lose interest in a particular product/ service/ pastime and choose to spend their money elsewhere, and that is their right.

Hibs have worked hard to generate as much interest in their "product" as they have. There is a lot of "goodwill" from the fans towards the club right now, but that can be lost in an instant. Day after day, event after event, game after game, they have to ensure that everyone associated with them performs to a high standard. This goes for Petrie, to LD, to Lennon, to the players, to the development coaches, to the staff at hospitality to the folk operating the turnstiles etc etc etc. I would suggest that the way in which today was handled, someone somewhere "dropped the baton."

You can't please all of the people, all of the time, and I would suggest that many of today's problems stem from Hibs being overly sensitive to criticism of the previous loyalty scheme, which was imperfect yet pretty fair.

11,000 into 3,000 doesn't go and there were always going to be people upset at missing out. But if you're going to miss out, at least you can feel like you've missed out fairly - today that doesn't seem to be the case.

Hibs have a lot to lose, albeit not necessarily immediately. HSL can be cancelled, folk can get cheesed off and not renew season tickets next year. Folk will vote with their feet if they're unhappy.

Ultimately people use a business because of the way it makes them feel. If it feels good, they go back. If it doesn't, they don't. Hibs gave us something huge last summer, it felt good, and as a result they got a lot back. But the moment they stop doing that......

I'm not an HSL member (for all I'm a business owner, times are tough and I haven't been able to contribute) but I am a season ticket holder. I am a customer that could be lost, any time Hibs don't give me what I want. In all likelihood, I'll renew next season, full of enthusiasm about our return to the big league, along with many others. But should the unthinkable happen and we don't go up I'll probably remember today when that begging bowl gets passed around in anticipation of a fourth season in the Championship. I'll remember how I felt that time they kept a handful of tickets back for hospitality, for a game I really wanted to go to. I'm fine about missing out on a ticket, that was always a possibility, but that wee gesture sticks in the throat a bit.

It costs a lot more to attract any new customer than it does to look after the ones you already have (I know this personally, to my cost).

I suspect LD is aware of this too.

(Takes "business-owner" hat off).

Hopefully we horse them at Tynie, we all have a great time watching the game wherever we are, and this is all swiftly forgotten about.

GreenPJ
01-02-2017, 07:31 PM

Why did you choose to sign up to HSL? What has changed other than you didn't get a ticket (like the majority)?

There are many many things at Easter Road that still need to be improved including ticketing, administration, hospitality as well as the obvious sporting aspects which is what HSL was aimed at helping address. A lot has improved since LD came in but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Its your money, you decided to pay into HSL in perpetuity you are perfectly entitled to stop any time you want - just ask yourself why you did it in the first instance and what has changed that will drive you to stop.

Danderhall Hibs
01-02-2017, 07:39 PM
Hang on, you thought that because you subscribe to HSL that you should get priority for tickets???

That's a new one.

It's not new - the 100 loyalty points for being an HSL member was one of the biggest complaints and outrages of modern times on here.

OfficialHSL
01-02-2017, 07:51 PM

Iggy

Can we first of all thank you very much for your generous support to date. Can we also assure you that your funds , along with all others, is passed on to the Club each month and we are assured by the Club that it is gratefully received and is being used to support our football ambition of getting out of this League. In addition, every month, the Club send us back a Share Certificate to confirm the number of shares that we have acquired.

We are aware that Go Cardless stopped acknowledging Direct Debit collections every month and for some members this was a blessing and for others it wasn't. We are really sorry that we have no control over this and would encourage everyone just to keep an eye on their Bank Statements.

It would seem that you had some issues today with the Club and while we do not yet have direct representation at the Club we would be more than happy to pass on these comments if you want to drop us an email. Of course there is also the option to contact Frank or Amit who we know will also be happy to take this forward.

Of course it is inevitable that some of our Members may have an issue with the Club from time to time, such is the nature of Football. Some of these issues may just be down to differences of opinion. We do hope however that despite these differences that our Members will feel that they can still feel able to continue to support the cause, however, we also fully respect their right to choose. We are trying so hard to keep the momentum going and right now every penny will help us to get promotion as quickly as possible.

Finally, regarding your comment about communication we are really looking for help here. We know our web site needs updated and in this regard if we have any Supporters out there with technical expertise we would love to hear from you. We are trying to tread a fine line between not constantly pestering fans for additional money but at the same time encouraging more fans to join. We are all volunteers and any helpful suggestions will be gratefully received.

HSL

BSEJVT
01-02-2017, 08:11 PM
Iggy

Can we first of all thank you very much for your generous support to date. Can we also assure you that your funds , along with all others, is passed on to the Club each month and we are assured by the Club that it is gratefully received and is being used to support our football ambition of getting out of this League. In addition, every month, the Club send us back a Share Certificate to confirm the number of shares that we have acquired.

We are aware that Go Cardless stopped acknowledging Direct Debit collections every month and for some members this was a blessing and for others it wasn't. We are really sorry that we have no control over this and would encourage everyone just to keep an eye on their Bank Statements.

It would seem that you had some issues today with the Club and while we do not yet have direct representation at the Club we would be more than happy to pass on these comments if you want to drop us an email. Of course there is also the option to contact Frank or Amit who we know will also be happy to take this forward.

Of course it is inevitable that some of our Members may have an issue with the Club from time to time, such is the nature of Football. Some of these issues may just be down to differences of opinion. We do hope however that despite these differences that our Members will feel that they can still feel able to continue to support the cause, however, we also fully respect their right to choose. We are trying so hard to keep the momentum going and right now every penny will help us to get promotion as quickly as possible.

Finally, regarding your comment about communication we are really looking for help here. We know our web site needs updated and in this regard if we have any Supporters out there with technical expertise we would love to hear from you. We are trying to tread a fine line between not constantly pestering fans for additional money but at the same time encouraging more fans to join. We are all volunteers and any helpful suggestions will be gratefully received.

HSL

Can I suggest that you start a separate thread on here & the bounce actively seeking whatever help you need in whatever areas rather than tagging it onto the end of thread which many people wont read at all.

Plaudits for replying so promptly though to this one.

I don't have the relevant skills to help with your request ( switching my phone on and off is as far as it goes :-) or would offer to do so

I am sure others would be glad to do so

Eyrie
01-02-2017, 08:59 PM
The lack of communication from HSL is a real disappointment.

It surely wouldn't be that difficult to mass email everyone each time that HSL buys another chunk of shares to let them know that their money is being used rather than just leaving people to assume that it is. Or even post on Twitter with regular updates - there are certainly enough adverts from HSL so their Twitter account is being used, but that's all I hear from them. Give us news please.

I'd contrast that with Leith Links or Dnipro. Both provide regular updates on here highlighting their good work which both informs existing supporters and can attract new supporters.

One Day
01-02-2017, 09:10 PM

made me laugh

IWasThere2016
01-02-2017, 09:12 PM

:top marks :faf:

connerg
02-02-2017, 12:56 AM
The lack of communication from HSL is a real disappointment.

It surely wouldn't be that difficult to mass email everyone each time that HSL buys another chunk of shares to let them know that their money is being used rather than just leaving people to assume that it is. Or even post on Twitter with regular updates - there are certainly enough adverts from HSL so their Twitter account is being used, but that's all I hear from them. Give us news please.

I'd contrast that with Leith Links or Dnipro. Both provide regular updates on here highlighting their good work which both informs existing supporters and can attract new supporters.

:top marksI joined HSL nearly two years ago, gave them the whole £225 in one go. Since then i've had 2 or 3 emails, the first thanking me for joining and the others just begging for more money. No updates, no keeping me in the loop and no sense of belonging to something. Still haven't received my certificate either!!

CyberSauzee
02-02-2017, 02:25 AM
Pay you're money and own Hibs. Unlike Hearts

BSEJVT
02-02-2017, 04:04 AM
:top marksI joined HSL nearly two years ago, gave them the whole £225 in one go. Since then i've had 2 or 3 emails, the first thanking me for joining and the others just begging for more money. No updates, no keeping me in the loop and no sense of belonging to something. Still haven't received my certificate either!!

Did you request it?

For some reason I wouldn't pretend to understand, they can only issue your certificate if you request they do so.

connerg
02-02-2017, 05:05 AM
Did you request it?

For some reason I wouldn't pretend to understand, they can only issue your certificate if you request they do so.

Just checked an old email from HSL and you're right, i do need to request a Membership Certificate. They have sent me a PDF with an application form.

My apologies to HSL.

Thecat23
02-02-2017, 06:09 AM
Would you? Are you?

Yes and yes.

Iggy Pope
02-02-2017, 08:55 AM
The HSL response above is understood and appreciated.
I've spoken to both Leeann Dempster and also Jim Adie of HSL.
Interesting calls both, one more so than the other.

The poster above who suggests an HSL thread on here and other forums makes a good point as I don't believe our 11,000 plus season ticket holders are well enough informed about HSL and its operation, far less the 1600 or so who have contributed to it and continue to do so.

I'm mellow now. Missing my first Hibs Scottish Cup tie in 36 years is still causing momentary rage but its clear that I'm going to have to live with it. I have no say in the lottery that is our club ticketing system. As it stands, that system seems deeply unfair to me. The release of the Hospitality packages and the ham-fisted delivery of that on the website compounded that sense of chaos for me. We, as supporters of varying profiles are not clients of the club. That client ref we have is a number, nothing else.

As for protest, it's clear that withdrawing my support for HSL would damage nothing but their own admirable efforts to achieve more ownership and proper board representation, so I'll be sticking with them.
The quicker they get their backside around the boardroom table the better.

BSEJVT
02-02-2017, 11:08 AM

The poster above who suggests an HSL thread on here and other forums makes a good point as I don't believe our 11,000 plus season ticket holders are well enough informed about HSL and its operation, far less the 1600 or so who have contributed to it and continue to do so.

I'm mellow now. Missing my first Hibs Scottish Cup tie in 36 years is still causing momentary rage but its clear that I'm going to have to live with it. I have no say in the lottery that is our club ticketing system. As it stands, that system seems deeply unfair to me. The release of the Hospitality packages and the ham-fisted delivery of that on the website compounded that sense of chaos for me. We, as supporters of varying profiles are not clients of the club. That client ref we have is a number, nothing else.

As for protest, it's clear that withdrawing my support for HSL would damage nothing but their own admirable efforts to achieve more ownership and proper board representation, so I'll be sticking with them.

Good for you Iggy, it takes a big person (as I don't know if you are male or female) to admit they were acting in haste

Who knows maybe a ticket will somehow find its way to you?

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2017, 11:52 AM
Perhaps we should give those who donate to HSL the same status as a season ticket holder, and add them to the list of those entitled to join the bun fight for derby tickets...................

Iggy Pope
02-02-2017, 12:03 PM
Perhaps we should give those who donate to HSL the same status as a season ticket holder, and add them to the list of those entitled to join the bun fight for derby tickets...................

Perhaps most of the 1600 are already ST holders. Pretty likely.
I would think.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2017, 12:21 PM
I would think.

Maybe, maybe not but you can see where i'm going with this Iggy. And i have never had netflix. :wink:

Just thought your anger was aimed at the wrong people bud, but understandable considering the enormity of the game and your frustration.

Oscar T Grouch
02-02-2017, 12:37 PM

Thats great to hear IP, I hope you manage to get a ticket somehow. I would reiterate what you say. If HSL is struggling to cope with the communication side of things I am sure there are a good few Hibbies willing to put in a few admin hours to help out. What HSL need to do it tell us they need help. There is no point stating in this thread and not mentioning it again, they need to start a thread on here and the bounce asking for volunteers to help out. I have not much clue about the techy side of things, but I am will to help out in other ways, I deal with marketing emails at my work and could help publish an e-newsletter that could be sent out to all members email addresses giving updates on all things HSL. I find the lack of communication disconcerting as they take a lot of money in each month, they really should communicate better to the people who pay each month. Anyway thats my tuppence worth and like I said I am happy to help if I can. We've all got the same aims and ambitions for Hibs I am sure.

h185forever
02-02-2017, 12:42 PM

I would think.

Out of interest would it be people who donated as a one off or those who continue to donate to HSL that should be rewarded ?...what about those who opted to buy shares instead ?...I've no axe to grind one way or the other but just interested in how you chaps would see it working.

Its interesting that Iggy's statement re stopping his payment generated interest from inside the club and HSL and I can understand this as its a loss of revenue fore both parties.

The other interesting aspect is his comment, "Interesting calls both, one more so than the other". I wonder whose call was the most interesting.

During the fiasco of buying tickets online for the Bonnyrigg game, I Emailed LD to bring it to her attention and to say how frustrating it was, having tried for nearly an hour and a half. She replied quickly twice but said the ticket office were more than capable of dealing with the issues. She copied two of the girls in and asked them to call me...i'm still waiting for the call, although I eventually got tickets.
How she expected the girls to call anyone whilst dealing with their own phones and the large queues is beyond me.
I think there is a certain mentality within the club re these tickets sales, as the issues are not new, that they will sell them regardless of the inconvenience or cost to supporters in doing so.

I love the club and all it stands for and will continue to support them as I have done for the last 48 years.

I just cant help feeling they take us for granted at times and rely on our goodwill.
The threat of losing money seems to bring reaction tho.....

Ozyhibby
02-02-2017, 12:53 PM
When it comes to ticket sales I'm not sure what else the club can do. The demand far outstrips the supply and everyone wants them as soon as they go on sale. The club only have a very small staff who are basically rushed of their feet until the last one is sold and then they have to deal with some very disappointed, very loyal customers who may feel that their loyalty deserved better treatment. It's a no win situation.
I think the current system is the least bad option.

Lago
02-02-2017, 01:25 PM

Gosh thank goodness for that, there was smoke coming out of my laptop at one point.:greengrin

Lago
02-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Thats great to hear IP, I hope you manage to get a ticket somehow. I would reiterate what you say. If HSL is struggling to cope with the communication side of things I am sure there are a good few Hibbies willing to put in a few admin hours to help out. What HSL need to do it tell us they need help. There is no point stating in this thread and not mentioning it again, they need to start a thread on here and the bounce asking for volunteers to help out. I have not much clue about the techy side of things, but I am will to help out in other ways, I deal with marketing emails at my work and could help publish an e-newsletter that could be sent out to all members email addresses giving updates on all things HSL. I find the lack of communication disconcerting as they take a lot of money in each month, they really should communicate better to the people who pay each month. Anyway thats my tuppence worth and like I said I am happy to help if I can. We've all got the same aims and ambitions for Hibs I am sure.

Iggy Pope
02-02-2017, 02:16 PM
What could the club have done....

It's old ground on here but they could have stuck with the points system rather than scrap it. It served its purpose in as much the tranche system introduced looked after fans who attended most games. Quite simple. A good example of how the scheme worked was the cup tie, same place, same round last season that sold out without the crash and burn of this one.
The botch with the added HSL bonus points was the clubs own doing. They should have addressed any perceived problems with their scheme and implemented change rather than abolishing a working model that many fans had bought into.
They've replaced this with nothing that rewards their clients. They've introduced instead this ludicrous away ST that appears to force individuals into buying tickets for games they can't attend. The low uptake on this scheme (less than 200?) speaks volumes. Whoever took the decision to scrap the loyalty points scheme made a mistake and its time they admitted it.

They could have had the office open in the morning (as was the norm) rather than 12noon. The later opening time made it difficult for many to queue as it meant an entire day out of work and routine rather than maybe half a day.

The online 'system'. It's not worthy of the name. It is a lottery and the club should be labelling it as such. The scrapping of the points system meant a potential 3 or 4 times as many applicants as tickets all fighting to get online at once. I never even got close to getting my password logged in. Scrap the online lottery and introduce a ballot if they can't do anything else. Then everyone with the right criteria (whatever that criteria might be) gets the same chance. Crap but better than yesterdays offering.

Sell the £75 Hospitality packages first rather than buggering about with it to squeeze a bit more lucre when we have the punters off guard and vulnerable. And when advertising it keep applications online. Publishing email addresses that don't reply and phone numbers that don't answer was a timewasting exercise that improved the mood of no one.

Last Minute
02-02-2017, 02:26 PM

Brilliant :wink::top marks

Smartie
02-02-2017, 02:44 PM

It's old ground on here but they could have stuck with the points system rather than scrap it. It served its purpose in as much the tranche system introduced looked after fans who attended most games. Quite simple. A good example of how the scheme worked was the cup tie, same place, same round last season that sold out without the crash and burn of this one.
The botch with the added HSL bonus points was the clubs own doing. They should have addressed any perceived problems with their scheme and implemented change rather than abolishing a working model that many fans had bought into.
They've replaced this with nothing that rewards their clients. They've introduced instead this ludicrous away ST that appears to force individuals into buying tickets for games they can't attend. The low uptake on this scheme (less than 200?) speaks volumes. Whoever took the decision to scrap the loyalty points scheme made a mistake and its time they admitted it.

They could have had the office open in the morning (as was the norm) rather than 12noon. The later opening time made it difficult for many to queue as it meant an entire day out of work and routine rather than maybe half a day.

The online 'system'. It's not worthy of the name. It is a lottery and the club should be labelling it as such. The scrapping of the points system meant a potential 3 or 4 times as many applicants as tickets all fighting to get online at once. I never even got close to getting my password logged in. Scrap the online lottery and introduce a ballot if they can't do anything else. Then everyone with the right criteria (whatever that criteria might be) gets the same chance. Crap but better than yesterdays offering.

Sell the £75 Hospitality packages first rather than buggering about with it to squeeze a bit more lucre when we have the punters off guard and vulnerable. And when advertising it keep applications online. Publishing email addresses that don't reply and phone numbers that don't answer was a timewasting exercise that improved the mood of no one.

Nail on head.

If Hibs want to learn from this episode, all they need to do is read this post.

I have sympathy with Hibs and their position - they can't please everyone - but they can help themselves by doing what they can to minimise the number of people they piss off.

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Brilliant :wink::top marks

This has had a few comments like this. Can someone explain how it's funny?

Is Netflix buying shares in the restaurant?

lapsedhibee
02-02-2017, 06:42 PM

I liked it for the parodic non sequitur.

Iggy Pope
02-02-2017, 07:18 PM

Thank you. An irrelevance in my opinion.

madhatter
02-02-2017, 07:26 PM

Not anything to do with the original post but I found this quite amusing!:top marks

Hiber-nation
02-02-2017, 07:35 PM
Not anything to do with the original post but I found this quite amusing!:top marks

Thought it was a totally pish attempt at humour at the wrong time but each to their own and all that.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-02-2017, 07:36 PM
HSL communication. Seems to be It's mainly about setting expectactions. Was the same with Club86 HYBS Hibs2000. I stopped as laterly there was zero comms.

But with regards to comms and HSL what should we expect?
Progress against targets (do we have them?)
New member uptake?
Year on Year comparison?
Please for more dosh?

All/some/none of the above?
Who is the comms it aimed at? contributors or folks just interested.?
What do Hearts contributors expect / get? And is it "fluff" over substance?

Cant help but think that in this case perhaps HSL has been caught in the cross-fire of stuff it's not reaponisble for?

There's been a lot to communicate of late around the club. How does HSL target its message and audience so that it doesn't become just background noise? With Summer Hols, Christmas, Season tickets, Travel to Brondby, Hibernian Stones, Kicks4Kids, persevered tour and merchandise - that's a lotta calls on supporters disposable income.

Regular please for new contributions, increase contributions is set against this backdrop. Comms needs to be smart. Obv some work to do. But don't smack HSL own for something that wasnt of its own making if this is a reaction to nae tickets. Do you think HSL folks should have got first dibs with STs? Can't please all folks all of the time but I agree there's the potential to profile supporters based on their contribution. Tough as to how to strike the right balance tho...

WhileTheChief..
02-02-2017, 07:53 PM
Do away with buying in person or over the phone completely.

Make it online only for ST holders.

A kinda lottery of sorts but everyone would have an equal chance. Put them up for sale at 8pm so folk can get home from work.

No queueing in the rain, no unexpected phone bills, just the thrill of will I get my ticket :)

One Day Soon
02-02-2017, 11:14 PM

Top post, top man and a great example of how to be persuaded to change your mind with grace and dignity. AND a free contribution of very good insight for the club on getting their act together a bit on this side of things.