PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Ticket Office Shambles

Pages : [1] 2

Berwickhibby
01-02-2017, 12:36 PM
What a absolute mess that was today, turned away from ticket office at 10am..... 139 calls to the ticketmaster number.... Placed in a queue to be informed .... Tickets now sold out...... Anyone got a spare?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since90+2
01-02-2017, 12:51 PM
I've not heard of anyone yet who managed to purchase tickets over the phone. Seen on twitter someone made over 200 calls and was still not able to get through.

Jones28
01-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Be prepared for a doing with your phone bill! I made 18 calls to the ticket office to try and get through for the Dundee United game and I've been hit with an extra £14 on my bill.

HibeeDaz6270
01-02-2017, 12:54 PM
Be prepared for a doing with your phone bill! I made 18 calls to the ticket office to try and get through for the Dundee United game and I've been hit with an extra £14 on my bill.
Its meant to be 7p per minute.
I made 46 calls. I am not sure what it has added to my bill yet.
I will be emailing / calling hibs in regards to this as i do not believe ANY ONE was answered via the phone.

Jones28
01-02-2017, 12:57 PM
I will be emailing / calling hibs in regards to this as i do not believe ANY ONE was answered via the phone.

I was being charged a connection fee and then a fee per minute which was much much higher than 7p/minute.

Bit of a piss take we are paying to contact the TO in the first place IMO but that's what you get when tickemaster are organising your systems.

HibeeDaz6270
01-02-2017, 01:01 PM

Just checked. £28.57. Ridiculious

Jones28
01-02-2017, 01:03 PM

That's outrageous. Did you even get through?

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2017, 01:03 PM

Mair than the ticket price. Crazy.

staunchhibby
01-02-2017, 01:04 PM
Ticket office not answering phone either a shambles

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 01:05 PM

Don't know if this helps. Looks like they are the charges if you called Ticketmaster.

0844 number call costs

Special two-part charging arrangements apply when calling 0844 numbers.

The first part of the call cost is your own phone company's standard per-minute 'access charge' which applies to all calls to numbers starting 084, 087, 09 or 118.

The second part is a variable 'service charge' which benefits the organisation you are calling. They are responsible for advising you of the rate that applies before you call.

Total 0844 number call costs will typically be anywhere from 8p to 62p per minute, plus up to an additional 7p per-call charge:

Calling from Total cost including access charge
BT landline 11p to 18p per minute, plus up to 7p per call
EE mobile 50p to 57p per minute, plus up to 7p per call
KC landline 10p to 17p per minute, plus up to 7p per call
O2 mobile 55p to 62p per minute, plus up to 7p per call
Post Office landline 10p to 17p per minute, plus up to 7p per call
Sky Talk landline 12p to 19p per minute, plus up to 7p per call
TalkTalk landline 8p to 15p per minute, plus up to 7p per call
Three mobile 45p to 52p per minute, plus up to 7p per call

SON OF PADDY
01-02-2017, 01:05 PM
When I phoned the ticket office regarding Bonnyrigg tickets,I was only on for a couple of minutes but was changed £3.60.
Best of luck with your bill !!!!!

HibeeDaz6270
01-02-2017, 01:12 PM
Don't know if this helps. Looks like they are the charges if you called Ticketmaster.

0844 number call costs

Special two-part charging arrangements apply when calling 0844 numbers.

The first part of the call cost is your own phone company's standard per-minute 'access charge' which applies to all calls to numbers starting 084, 087, 09 or 118.

The second part is a variable 'service charge' which benefits the organisation you are calling. They are responsible for advising you of the rate that applies before you call.

Total 0844 number call costs will typically be anywhere from 8p to 62p per minute, plus up to an additional 7p per-call charge:

Calling from Total cost including access charge
BT landline 11p to 18p per minute, plus up to 7p per call
EE mobile 50p to 57p per minute, plus up to 7p per call
KC landline 10p to 17p per minute, plus up to 7p per call
O2 mobile 55p to 62p per minute, plus up to 7p per call
Post Office landline 10p to 17p per minute, plus up to 7p per call
Sky Talk landline 12p to 19p per minute, plus up to 7p per call
TalkTalk landline 8p to 15p per minute, plus up to 7p per call
Three mobile 45p to 52p per minute, plus up to 7p per call I have been charged 57p for every call that was disconnected almost instantly after pressing option 1. Unbelievable.

HibeeDaz6270
01-02-2017, 01:13 PM
That's outrageous. Did you even get through? No was disconnected every time. I kept on trying as it was my only chance to get a ticket as was told online not possible despite having a client ref to use.

Brightside
01-02-2017, 01:15 PM
I have been charged 57p for every call that was disconnected almost instantly after pressing option 1. Unbelievable.

You're issue is with your mobile phone operator. Its got nothing to do with Hibs.

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 01:16 PM
I have been charged 57p for every call that was disconnected almost instantly after pressing option 1. Unbelievable.

I take that you are with EE. Scandalous difference in these prices. Absolute rip off and even worse if you are totally unaware of the charges.

Berwickhibby
01-02-2017, 01:16 PM
**** sake ..... Just checked ..... Used £58 and never got through.... This is a ****ing legal scam......

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2017, 01:17 PM
**** sake ..... Just checked ..... Used £58 and never got through.... This is a ****ing legal scam......

Jesus. That isn't on. £58!!

Jones28
01-02-2017, 01:24 PM

**** me thats *****. Someone at the club needs to read about this.

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 01:33 PM
**** me thats *****. Someone at the club needs to read about this.

Even if the club does know then I can't see that they can do anything about it. It's basically between the telephone provider and the customer. Having said that its an absolute rip off. I think most folk who repeatedly called Ticketmaster probably thought that there was no charge (or maybe 7p) for each time they didn't get through.

A Hi-Bee
01-02-2017, 01:36 PM

It is just all a big scam and Hibs whether they like it or not are a part of the problem, should be no charge for calling these parasites at ticketmaster or anywhere else, and a perfect job for any Supporter rep to be getting there teeth into, so the question needs to be asked just what do the supporters reps do in the name of us the support (not the club)

heretoday
01-02-2017, 01:42 PM
The ticket thing was always awkward. It's traditional.

Waxy
01-02-2017, 01:45 PM
No who i blame? Rod Stewart and Stubbsy thats who.

staunchhibby
01-02-2017, 01:49 PM
To save big phone bills for fellow hibees here is ticket office number 0131 661 1875

greenlex
01-02-2017, 01:51 PM
It is just all a big scam and Hibs whether they like it or not are a part of the problem, should be no charge for calling these parasites at ticketmaster or anywhere else, and a perfect job for any Supporter rep to be getting there teeth into, so the question needs to be asked just what do the supporters reps do in the name of us the support (not the club)
So Hibs are part of the problem ? Behave. It's between punters and their phone contractors. What you're charged for premium rates are between you and the company.

A Hi-Bee
01-02-2017, 01:55 PM
So Hibs are part of the problem ? Behave. It's between punters and their phone contractors. What you're charged for premium rates are between you and the company.

Opinion Eh!
You got yours and I got mine.

A Hi-Bee
01-02-2017, 01:56 PM
No who i blame? Rod Stewart and Stubbsy thats who.

Take it easy on the old guy he did have a few too many it would appear.

SChibs
01-02-2017, 01:59 PM

How else should hibs sell tickets over the phone?

Loads of clubs use Ticketmaster so it is probably the best system out there just now. That's not me saying its a great system but it looks like its probably the best teams can choose from.

JDHibs
01-02-2017, 02:02 PM
Oh look, another thread slating the club...

Same thing been posted on facebook aswell..

Yawn

Jones28
01-02-2017, 02:05 PM

Yawn

You've obviously not been hit with a £50 phone bill then?

SChibs
01-02-2017, 02:07 PM
You've obviously not been hit with a £50 phone bill then?

Still not the clubs fault.

Stan the Man
01-02-2017, 02:14 PM

Yawn

If fans want to slate the poor ticket office / club shop / match day catering they are well within their rights to do so.
We shouldn't be asked to swallow stuff just cos it's the club.

Hopefully someone will take notice.

erin go bragh
01-02-2017, 02:16 PM
Who's bright idea was it to scrap the loyalty scheme?

oneone73
01-02-2017, 02:19 PM
To save big phone bills for fellow hibees here is ticket office number 0131 661 1875

That wasn't being answered.

Jones28
01-02-2017, 02:24 PM

The club are the ones asking supporters to get tickets via that number.

itslegaltender
01-02-2017, 02:26 PM
The Loyalty scheme worked perfectly, everyone knew exactly where they stood. Have never seen the reason why it was disbanded, looks like a couple of supporters clubs got together and bent the ear of Leann. Hate to think what a cup final allocation will be like.

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 02:31 PM
The club are the ones asking supporters to get tickets via that number.

Of course they are. It's Ticketmaster's number. I do however think that callers should be made aware of the charges then it's up to them. It's not just Hibs that use Ticketmaster.

JDHibs
A fan phoning a 0844 BY CHOICE then blaming the club for any additions to their phone bill has a screw loose.

4 ways to buy tickets today -

Wait outside the stadium.
go online.
phone the 0844 number.
phone the 0131 number.

3 of them dont add money to your phone bill. 1 does. Why is that the clubs fault?

"nobody was answering the 0131 number"

Good point, but nobody was answering the 0844 number either, so someone phoning the 0131 number the same amount of times as the 0844 number would get nothing added to their bill.

You cannot blame the club for your poor decision making when other options were available.

Big_Franck
Due to the fact I've had an absolute nightmare in the past with the online ticket system I didn't trust it for a minute. It has always crashed, kicked me out repeatedly and not allowed me to allocate tickets in my basket to ST holders etc, so today I decided to try phoning. I couldn't make it down to the ticket office when they announced it'd be a 12pm start. I phoned about 30-40 times (pretty much non-stop) between 12 and 12:30 and didn't get through once. After going through the menu and listening to their annoying wee speel I got the message that their agents were all busy and then I was disconnected. The only saving grace is I was on the work phone so won't have to pay it :greengrin

Jones28
01-02-2017, 02:57 PM
A fan phoning a 0844 BY CHOICE then blaming the club for any additions to their phone bill has a screw loose.

go online.
phone the 0844 number.
phone the 0131 number.

3 of them dont add money to your phone bill. 1 does. Why is that the clubs fault?

Good point, but nobody was answering the 0844 number either, so someone phoning the 0131 number the same amount of times as the 0844 number would get nothing added to their bill.

You cannot blame the club for your poor decision making when other options were available.

If you phone a premium number you expect an answer and to get what you're phoning for.

Logic no?

So when I was phoning the premium number which I knew I'd have to pay for (nothing like as much as it was but that's irrelevant) I thought there'd be more of a chance I'd get through.

We don't all live a hop, skip and jump from the stadium either so it's not always easy.

we are hibs
01-02-2017, 03:03 PM

Yawn

Its a shame you can't censor him like you do to people on your Facebook group.

ancient hibee
01-02-2017, 03:08 PM
If you phone a premium number you expect an answer and to get what you're phoning for.

Logic no?

So when I was phoning the premium number which I knew I'd have to pay for (nothing like as much as it was but that's irrelevant) I thought there'd be more of a chance I'd get through.

We don't all live a hop, skip and jump from the stadium either so it's not always easy.
No if you phone a premium number you expect the call to be dragged on for as long as possible at the other end I'm afraid.

Kavinho
01-02-2017, 03:13 PM
No one should be in the position of having spent 20/30/40/50 quid just for the "privilege" of being told we're busy call back.

Being disconnected, to call back and pay a new connection fee, is out of order.

By the way, how much was the booking fee (online /phone) for those that managed to secure a ticket ?

JDHibs
01-02-2017, 03:13 PM
Its a shame you can't censor him like you do to people on your Facebook group.

The guys posts were approved on the facebook group. So where was he censored?

Also, it isnt my group.

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 03:15 PM
No one should be in the position of having spent 20/30/40/50 quid just for the "privilege" of being told we're busy call back.

By the way, how much was the booking fee (online /phone) for those that managed to secure a ticket ?

I think the booking fees were scrapped a couple of years ago. I certainly have paid any in recent times.

Salt N Sauzee
01-02-2017, 03:15 PM
No one should be in the position of having spent 20/30/40/50 (tel:20/30/40/50) quid just for the "privilege" of being told we're busy call back.

Zero for me. Booked online.

JDHibs
01-02-2017, 03:22 PM

Logic no?

Logic? Not quite.

If i phone a premium number i know its going to be dragged out, why? Because thats the reason its a premium number and not a normal number, to make money.

Thats logical.

Hundreds, if not thousands, of people were trying to call the same number trying to get through for a very limited (around 1400-1600 tickets), do you expect Hibs/eticketing to have 1000 call agents ready to accept calls? Very realistic. Oh and how would the company pay for these agents? Magical money? Oh no, thats what the premium number is for.

See how it all relates?

As for your last point, im guessing you have the internet, since well, you are on it at present, distance from the stadium doesnt matter online. If it makes you feel better i live no where near the stadium either, but can sit back and logically look at things and not just sit and moan for no apparent reason.

Radium
01-02-2017, 03:24 PM
I don't think that it is unreasonable to question the partners Hibs chose and by extension, how those partners treat fans.

If there is nobody to take the call don't connect it. Happened to me today so should be possible.

If, as we have here, a club partner puts in place a system that rips unreasonable amounts of money out of fans, it needs to be highlighted. Saw mention today that someone has a bill of nearly £60 for calls. On one hand fans need to take a bit of responsibility and check things out. The other side is that Hibs should not have a partner who operates in a way that means a season ticket holder pays £60 and still failed to get a ticket.

This is absolutely the type of issue that fans reps should be taking forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jones28
01-02-2017, 04:19 PM
Logic? Not quite.

If i phone a premium number i know its going to be dragged out, why? Because thats the reason its a premium number and not a normal number, to make money.

Thats logical.

Hundreds, if not thousands, of people were trying to call the same number trying to get through for a very limited (around 1400-1600 tickets), do you expect Hibs/eticketing to have 1000 call agents ready to accept calls? Very realistic. Oh and how would the company pay for these agents? Magical money? Oh no, thats what the premium number is for.

See how it all relates?

As for your last point, im guessing you have the internet, since well, you are on it at present, distance from the stadium doesnt matter online. If it makes you feel better i live no where near the stadium either, but can sit back and logically look at things and not just sit and moan for no apparent reason.

I think a large phone bill is not no apparent reason for moaning. Why do you give a flying one anyway?

I do appreciate after it was pointed out earlier in the thread that it's not Hibs' fault and I am not having a go at the club directly, more at the service it uses and expects supporters to buy tickets through.

Jones28
01-02-2017, 04:21 PM
No if you phone a premium number you expect the call to be dragged on for as long as possible at the other end I'm afraid.

Must be the naivety of youth I suppose.

Hibs331875
01-02-2017, 04:26 PM
Blame the jokers who get their uncles pals client ref and end up with a ticket even though they've not been to a game all season.

Hibernian Verse
01-02-2017, 04:33 PM
Blame the jokers who get their uncles pals client ref and end up with a ticket even though they've not been to a game all season.

Or just be big enough to blame yourself for not being quick enough and make sure you don't make the same mistakes again?

Anyone who was prepared, got a ticket. If you were too late you were unprepared.

To prepare: To make ready beforehand for a specific purpose.

NYHibby
01-02-2017, 04:34 PM
The club should just get rid of in person and telephone sales for games like this where a sellout is all but certain. It should be entirely online-only for a period of time. Say a week. If there are still tickets left after that, then the club could sell them via other channel.

Having just one channel and picking the most accessible one is both the fairest and easiest for everyone.

If there are genuinely people out there who can't use a computer and can't find anyone else to help, the club could partner with a charity which teaches computer skills to the elderly. Or a library with computers, etc...

Hibs331875
01-02-2017, 04:36 PM
Or just be big enough to blame yourself for not being quick enough and make sure you don't make the same mistakes again?

Anyone who was prepared, got a ticket. If you were too late you were unprepared.

Hahaha I got my ticket ya sausage

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 04:38 PM

That's just plain silly. I was prepared, sat waiting to log in only to have a message appear on my screen after 30 minutes or so saying that it was sold out. It was really the luck of the draw and on this occasion I was unlucky but prepared. Prepared for disappointment too. Still think I'll get one nearer the date

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2017, 04:42 PM

Is that what happened?

staunchhibby
01-02-2017, 04:43 PM
I was PREPARED and still never got a ticket.

marinello59
01-02-2017, 04:44 PM

There weren't enough tickets to go round, no need for posts like this that only serve to antagonise people who missed out through no fault of their own.

Pretty Boy
01-02-2017, 04:45 PM

Any need?

I was lucky enough to get a ticket but I can't see any appeal in this glee that some seem to be taking in others failing to do so.

Col_0762
01-02-2017, 04:47 PM

Not true. I had 9 in my basket at 11:57 when the tickets went live online. Due to it not accepting any 'reassign' it eventually pulled back an error and kicked me out. 40 mins later I got back in and they were sold out. Luckily I got the hospitality but I was "prepared" as you put it. The system clearly still hasn't been fixed of the same glitches that go back years.

pacoluna
01-02-2017, 04:53 PM
Is that what happened?

Ofcourse it happens, I've mentioned it before, if someone got hold of my sticket they could purchase a ticket without identification.

Pete
01-02-2017, 04:56 PM

That's not the way it worked at all.

Is this another effort to lighten the mood?

Argylehibby
01-02-2017, 04:59 PM

go online.
phone the 0844 number.
phone the 0131 number.

:agree: Nobody was answering the 0131 number because they were serving the people that were there in person to buy tickets. Did the club advertise the 0131 number as an option? I don't think they did yet people are complaining that they didn't get anywhere when using an option that didn't exist.

Hibernian Verse
01-02-2017, 05:01 PM
There weren't enough tickets to go round, no need for posts like this that only serve to antagonise people who missed out through no fault of their own.

Marinello & Pretty Boy, I understand where you're coming from. I wouldn't normally post like that but there amount of people being called out for not being regulars or using other people's season tickets to get one's for this game and Bonnyrigg etc is ridiculous. Surely it has to be a two way street, where neither type of post is OK.

If you get a ticket through the kindness of someone else, that's lucky. But it doesn't make you any less deserving or less of a Hibs fan.

I type that knowing that I got an extra ticket for my mate off my Brother in Law. It's just how it goes sometimes. My mate is still a Hibs fan.

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2017, 05:04 PM
Ofcourse it happens, I've mentioned it before, if someone got hold of my sticket they could purchase a ticket without identification.

That's not what i asked.

I asked if that's what happened.

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2017, 05:07 PM
Who's bright idea was it to scrap the loyalty scheme?Quite a few on here IIRC

Madness, loyalty scheme is the only way to do it.

pacoluna
01-02-2017, 05:11 PM
That's not what i asked.

I asked if that's what happened.

It would be naive to think not.

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2017, 05:13 PM
It would be naive to think not.

My point, of course, is that people who lost out are keen to blame "someone" for it, no matter the reasons, and no matter the facts.

Jay
01-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Marinello & Pretty Boy, I understand where you're coming from. I wouldn't normally post like that but there amount of people being called out for not being regulars or using other people's season tickets to get one's for this game and Bonnyrigg etc is ridiculous. Surely it has to be a two way street, where neither type of post is OK.

If you get a ticket through the kindness of someone else, that's lucky. But it doesn't make you any less deserving or less of a Hibs fan.

I type that knowing that I got an extra ticket for my mate off my Brother in Law. It's just how it goes sometimes. My mate is still a Hibs fan.

No you said anybody who wasnt prepared didnt get a ticket. Hundreds if not thousands were as equally as prepared as you and didnt get a ticket online. It seems the online bit has been a bit of a lottery. You were one of the lucky ones.

C Feeney-Seale
01-02-2017, 05:18 PM
Clearly today has not gone with out a hitch, fans have endured a fairly agonising wait, technical glitches and suspense to find out if they could buy tickets for the derby.

Others have said it, but people were always going to be disappointed today. However, that doesn't mean we have to deal with the current lottery. Forums and Twitter are full of examples of people who had tickets in their bag but couldn't complete the order, got kicked just as they got to the front of the queue, or watched people push in line outside the stadium (was dad was there from 5am and lost quite a few spaces in the queue). This chaos is all totally avoidable.

We need loyalty points, but we need to do two things to ensure we don't repeat the mistakes of last time. First, keep it simple! Most agree that HSL points was a mistake, and I've seen lots of suggests for tiered points depending on when you buy your season ticket. There is no need for that - home games, away games and a season ticket should get you points, that's all.

I don't have precise points totals in mind for all this, but my instinct tells me that away points should be worth slightly more than home games, and there should be some way of accounting for points from the previous year.

The second thing we need to do, and this is vital, is talk about this now and get a proposal in front of fans so we can check there won't be unintended consequences.

The system has to be fair - fans should have a rough idea in advance as to whether they are likely to qualify for certain games. The Scotland Supporters club has done this successfully for years - the most recent 10 away games all count, and fans can look online and see tables of exactly how many people have how many points. My husband and I were able to work out that we would just have a chance to buy tickets for the recent game at Wembley for example, and had we not qualified it would have been disappointing but understandable - the fans who went to the Malta's, the Gibralter's and so on should get first refusal, and it should be the same for Hibs.

So, a simple loyalty system based on games and games alone, combined with some more transparency about how many fans have how many points, and a consultation with fans to ensure we get the categories right will make the system so much better.

It won't be perfect - there are going to be games when we don't get enough tickets, and there will always be some doubt until other teams confirm our allocation, but we shouldn't have fans missing out because of technical faults or not being able to take the day off to queue for 7+ hours.

I'm sure after today these conversations are already happening, but I hope that we can take account of all the views and suggestions being expressed here, and in other places online.

Cheers,

Charlene

the tornadoe
01-02-2017, 05:27 PM
Totally agree with the above post

A Hi-Bee
01-02-2017, 05:32 PM
Clearly today has not gone with out a hitch, fans have endured a fairly agonising wait, technical glitches and suspense to find out if they could buy tickets for the derby.

Others have said it, but people were always going to be disappointed today. However, that doesn't mean we have to deal with the current lottery. Forums and Twitter are full of examples of people who had tickets in their bag but couldn't complete the order, got kicked just as they got to the front of the queue, or watched people push in line outside the stadium (was dad was there from 5am and lost quite a few spaces in the queue). This chaos is all totally avoidable.

We need loyalty points, but we need to do two things to ensure we don't repeat the mistakes of last time. First, keep it simple! Most agree that HSL points was a mistake, and I've seen lots of suggests for tiered points depending on when you buy your season ticket. There is no need for that - home games, away games and a season ticket should get you points, that's all.

I don't have precise points totals in mind for all this, but my instinct tells me that away points should be worth slightly more than home games, and there should be some way of accounting for points from the previous year.

The second thing we need to do, and this is vital, is talk about this now and get a proposal in front of fans so we can check there won't be unintended consequences.

The system has to be fair - fans should have a rough idea in advance as to whether they are likely to qualify for certain games. The Scotland Supporters club has done this successfully for years - the most recent 10 away games all count, and fans can look online and see tables of exactly how many people have how many points. My husband and I were able to work out that we would just have a chance to buy tickets for the recent game at Wembley for example, and had we not qualified it would have been disappointing but understandable - the fans who went to the Malta's, the Gibralter's and so on should get first refusal, and it should be the same for Hibs.

So, a simple loyalty system based on games and games alone, combined with some more transparency about how many fans have how many points, and a consultation with fans to ensure we get the categories right will make the system so much better.

It won't be perfect - there are going to be games when we don't get enough tickets, and there will always be some doubt until other teams confirm our allocation, but we shouldn't have fans missing out because of technical faults or not being able to take the day off to queue for 7+ hours.

I'm sure after today these conversations are already happening, but I hope that we can take account of all the views and suggestions being expressed here, and in other places online.

Cheers,

Charlene

Sounds sensible to me, but should you not also get bonus points for the number of years you have supported the club, "perhaps with added bonus points for the real bad years going way back"only kidding wi the last part but there should be some kind of reward for long term sufferers (sorry Supporters) an please dont call it "loyalty" points.

HibeeDaz6270
01-02-2017, 05:34 PM
I called the ticket office yesterday and explained i am not a season ticket holder but i have a client reference to purchase 1 ticket. At first i was told to purchase online, by adding to my network. Due to problems before, i further questioned this as i did not believe it would give me access as i was using my own login. I was correct & told my 2 options were in person or over the phone. The number advertised to call was the 0844 number and this is the one the ticket office told me to call.

I called 46 times today, as it was my only chance of securing a ticket. I have no problem in paying for a premium number. My problem is the fact i was not placed in to some sort of que. I would press option 1 to then be disconnected. At the time i was only thinking about trying to get tickets so never considered a connection fee. I had in my head that it would be 7p a minute, so i kept on trying.

If i was connected, and kept on the line for 30minutes or so to in the end not get through i would be fine with the few pound charge as at least i tried to get through.

However, I am not convinced the phones were even answered & i was charged in total £28.57

Now regardless of this not being held by hibw. It is hibs who directed me to this option because there online system was not possible for me.

Wether we want to blame Hibs, ticketmaster or me i still think it is shocking.
I was like everyone else just trying to get a ticket via one of the only ways possible for me.

Luckily, In the end i got two of the hospitality ones.

PAUL7062
01-02-2017, 05:38 PM
Never got a ticket! Anyone know where the bus will be leaving to go to Tynie from? It'd be nice to see the boys off...

Jay
01-02-2017, 05:45 PM

Cheers,

Charlene

Away points shouldnt be worth more. Season ticket holders are the bread and butter of the club, someone who is not a season ticket holder but goes to about half the away games shouldnt have more loyalty points. We need to concentrate on filling ER not rewarding people more for going to away games. I agree those who go to both hime and away should be rewarded with first dibs of the tickets but ST holders should definitely come next imo.

Sammy7nil
01-02-2017, 05:53 PM

Do Hibs decide how to sell the tickets? Do you they have to use ticketmaster :rolleyes: If they do choose to use Ticketmaster they are not without blame.

I'm_cabbaged
01-02-2017, 05:58 PM

go online.
phone the 0844 number.
phone the 0131 number.

Other options available? Stop being a smug prick,I used these other options apart from queuing, got to work unfortunately. Still ended up wit a £40 plus phone bill to hear that nobody actually got a ticket through ticket master? My son will have the same cost!! To top it off then you read the club had ring fenced tickets to sell to any **** to make a quick buck? ****ing do one

mim
01-02-2017, 06:01 PM
Sounds sensible to me, but should you not also get bonus points for the number of years you have supported the club, "perhaps with added bonus points for the real bad years going way back"only kidding wi the last part but there should be some kind of reward for long term sufferers (sorry Supporters) an please dont call it "loyalty" points.

NO

In addition to the HSL fiasco, this is the flawed logic that contributed to the loyalty scheme being abandoned.

Awarding points retrospectively would make the scheme worse, not better.

If, at 70, with hundreds of points, I get preference then clearly when tickets are scarce I will get a ticket and even more points and someone starting out to support Hibs would not only fail to get a ticket, but would fall further behind.

There has to be a starting point (as when the original scheme was set up), so perhaps those that have season tickets this season should get some recognition if they renew next season?? How would walk ups be recognised, tho??

Any loyalty system will only work if it's kept simple and the empty vessels who pick fault are ignored.
It was a mistake to abandon the scheme, which would already have settled down and been accepted by the vast majority of the support.

WhileTheChief..
01-02-2017, 06:07 PM
How exactly would the loyalty scheme have helped?

Season ticket holders would all have got the same points no?

That means that if I went to one away game I'd be above all other ST holders that don't do away games right?

So, anyone that went to at least one away game would have a chance of a ticket but pretty much no one else.

Thst means a family of 4 ST holders have got no chance whereas 1 concession ST holder who went to 1 away game would almost certainly be gauranteed a ticket. Hardly seems fair.

iwasthere1972
01-02-2017, 06:09 PM
It's fairly straight forward. Based on the first letter of your surname. All that is required is that you have a current season/half season ticket.

A to G.....First Dibs
H to N... .Second Dibs
O to U.....Third Dibs
V to Z. ....Fourth Dibs

It's simple when you know how.

Billy Whizz
01-02-2017, 06:09 PM

That means that if I went to one away game I'd be above all other ST holders that don't do away games right?

So, anyone that went to at least one away game would have a chance of a ticket but pretty much no one else.

Thst means a family of 4 ST holders have got no chance whereas 1 concession ST holder who went to 1 away game would almost certainly be gauranteed a ticket. Hardly seems fair.

Loyalty scheme was based on a rolling time frame, from around Feb 2015, so not just one seasons points

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2017, 06:13 PM

No system can be perfect, but the aim for away games should be to ensure those ST holders who travel the most have the greatest chance of securing a ticket. Other clubs operate such a system. Guy on another thread, for example: four of them have been to every away game this season but missed out for Tynie. That isn't right.

WhileTheChief..
01-02-2017, 06:21 PM
^^ Agree it's a shame that the four of them missed out but unfortunately a lot of people have due to high demand. It was always going to happen.

I think folk have to get used to the idea of missing out now and again.

Surely it's better having this problem rather than going back to reduced ST numbers, low crowds but a doddle to get tickets for the occasional big away game?

It'll be on the telly anyways :thumbsup:

Capt Mainwaring
01-02-2017, 06:35 PM

Cheers,

Charlene

Sounds good to me. Have have one of my votes with sensible thinking like this 👍

The Spaceman
01-02-2017, 07:10 PM
Should have started queuing at 2am then.

Thegreenside
01-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Did anyone get a ticket over the phone, not heard of any one yet?

Beefster
01-02-2017, 07:17 PM
Who's bright idea was it to scrap the loyalty scheme?

All the folk who whined like little girls when they didn't get priority over someone with 3 points less than them for the cup final.

Hibbie_Cameron
01-02-2017, 07:22 PM

Cheers,

Charlene

:top marks:top marks:top marks

LustForLeith
01-02-2017, 07:58 PM
I had a similar situation for the United semi last year when I tried to contact the ticket office but couldn't get through. I emailed the club about my bill and didn't get a reply.

Hibeesforever
01-02-2017, 07:58 PM
Reading this I am convinced there were very few tickets sold over the phone. This is something the fans rep should follow up on. I missed out too and spent 35 minutes and not once was I put in a queue. There could be misrepresentation. How many tickets were actually sold over the phone ?

Allan M.
01-02-2017, 08:18 PM
Looks like we’ve stepped back 15 years today by encouraging people to queue at the ticket office overnight. Presumably Hibs are happy to cover the increased stewarding and staffing levels this will require at similarly over-subscribed sales in the future.

A Hi-Bee
01-02-2017, 08:20 PM
NO

In addition to the HSL fiasco, this is the flawed logic that contributed to the loyalty scheme being abandoned.

Awarding points retrospectively would make the scheme worse, not better.

If, at 70, with hundreds of points, I get preference then clearly when tickets are scarce I will get a ticket and even more points and someone starting out to support Hibs would not only fail to get a ticket, but would fall further behind.

There has to be a starting point (as when the original scheme was set up), so perhaps those that have season tickets this season should get some recognition if they renew next season?? How would walk ups be recognised, tho??

Any loyalty system will only work if it's kept simple and the empty vessels who pick fault are ignored.
It was a mistake to abandon the scheme, which would already have settled down and been accepted by the vast majority of the support.

Sure a simple NO would have got your own opinion across, still say you should be rewarded for following the Hibs no matter how or when there has to be a simple way, sure all the guru's and experts could work this one out.:wink:

Scouse Hibee
01-02-2017, 08:24 PM

What a load of self righteous look at me bollox. Some people were lucky enough to get tickets while others were not. That's life but some of the responses on here beggar belief, like kids saying I got one you never na na na na

Foritza
01-02-2017, 08:38 PM
You're issue is with your mobile phone operator. Its got nothing to do with Hibs.

Well yes it is. Does it not Depend on who they choose to allocate tickets on their behalf?

Argylehibby
02-02-2017, 07:09 AM
Well yes it is. Does it not Depend on who they choose to allocate tickets on their behalf?

Perhaps the other viable options were more expensive than the current provider?

Brightside
02-02-2017, 07:15 AM
Loyalty Points should be based on money spent on the footballing side of Hibs. Keep it simple. You buy a ST you get x points, you buy a family ST you get x points, you buy a junior ST etc, you buy hospitality for a game X points, you sponsor a game X points. I don't see why its difficult.

SChibs
02-02-2017, 07:18 AM
Loyalty Points should be based on money spent on the footballing side of Hibs. Keep it simple. You buy a ST you get x points, you buy a family ST you get x points, you buy a junior ST etc, you buy hospitality for a game X points, you sponsor a game X points. I don't see why its difficult.

So you get less points for a concession season ticket? Don't think that's fair.

southern hibby
02-02-2017, 07:30 AM
Keep reading about how many folk tried to buy tickets by phone never got through but was charged rather a lot of money. Yet not one person has said they got tickets ( that I've read anyway) over the phone.

If I was to send an e-mail to Hibs asking how many tickets were sold under freedom of information act, would they be obliged to answer me???

GGTTH

The Leith Dutch
02-02-2017, 07:32 AM

It is an absolute disgrace.

I'd also recommend writing to your MP - this (having to pay without getting a service) is the kind of thing they actually do sometimes shut down and regulate properly. No really - it does happen and I've not hit the booze first thing ;)

I do think it's worth contacting Hibs although I'm fairly certain their hands will be well and truly tied.

First off I reckon the cost of running your own service - ticket systems, printing, phone number with queueing system, folk to answer it and online service - will likely be pretty high.

Second - Ticketmaster are utter ******ers and have probably got the club on some kind of deal similar to at internet contract where you can't leave without paying off the remaining years and a "disconnection" charge.

To give you a little more insight into what a bunch of money grabbing ****bags they are a mate booked tickets with them for two different gigs done on two separate calls. Both were obviously ticket price + booking fee + postage charge + phone bill.

You'd think at that point that having fleeced you for calling them, adding a booking fee, marking up a cost of a few pence for postage to an eye watering £2.50 that they'd finally sit back content with gouging the most they could out the situation.

Wrong. Turns out that when you book two sets of tickets for different events separately their ticket system is clever enough to ensure both sets of tickets get into the same envelope even though you get stung for two sets of postage just to eek a few more pennies out.

Unpleasant company.

son of haggart
02-02-2017, 07:33 AM
Keep reading about how many folk tried to buy tickets by phone never got through but was charged rather a lot of money. Yet not one person has said they got tickets ( that I've read anyway) over the phone.

If I was to send an e-mail to Hibs asking how many tickets were sold under freedom of information act, would they be obliged to answer me???

GGTTH

Don't think they would - FOI only applies to public bodies, not companies

hibbysam
02-02-2017, 07:35 AM

GGTTH

You won't hear of many as only one person answers the phone, and the tickets were sold out within 20 minutes, therefore there would only be time for one or two to get through via this channel.

Brightside
02-02-2017, 08:18 AM
So you get less points for a concession season ticket? Don't think that's fair.

Why is it not fair? Those contributing more to the club surely deserve more points? Otherwise you have 100s of kids in the Famous Five with full loyalty points?

SRHibs
02-02-2017, 08:21 AM
It's fairly straight forward. Based on the first letter of your surname. All that is required is that you have a current season/half season ticket.

A to G.....First Dibs
H to N... .Second Dibs
O to U.....Third Dibs
V to Z. ....Fourth Dibs

It's simple when you know how.

Aye, it's cheaper to legally change your surname than it is to sit on the phone to Ticketmaster too! :aok:

Brightside
02-02-2017, 08:21 AM
You won't hear of many as only one person answers the phone, and the tickets were sold out within 20 minutes, therefore there would only be time for one or two to get through via this channel.

I thought the big phone charge was for calling Ticketmaster? Our TO is just a standard landline.

hibbysam
02-02-2017, 08:24 AM
I thought the big phone charge was for calling Ticketmaster? Our TO is just a standard landline.

It is a Ticketmaster system, which when you call takes you through to the TO.

Since90+2
02-02-2017, 08:27 AM

Are you sure abut that? Why would Hibs advertise a premium rate number that's routed to the ticket office on a 0131 number.

I was always under the impression that number takes you to tickemasters call centre.

Brightside
02-02-2017, 08:28 AM

Ive used the phone in the past and it was a Ticketmaster call centre. If you want to phone the TO surely you;d just use the landline....especially if you are using a mobile phone. Everyone must know that any 08 number from a mobile can cost a fortune.

Billy Whizz
02-02-2017, 08:41 AM
Why is it not fair? Those contributing more to the club surely deserve more points? Otherwise you have 100s of kids in the Famous Five with full loyalty points?

Only if they go to away games

hibbysam
02-02-2017, 08:42 AM
Are you sure abut that? Why would Hibs advertise a premium rate number that's routed to the ticket office on a 0131 number.

I was always under the impression that number takes you to tickemasters call centre.

Anytime I have called the number it has taken me through to the TO, I've never bought tickets using it though, it has always been because I had no reply to emails. Anytime I have called on busy days, I have never got through which led me to believe ticket sales were also dealt with by the TO.

Since90+2
02-02-2017, 08:45 AM
Anytime I have called the number it has taken me through to the TO, I've never bought tickets using it though, it has always been because I had no reply to emails. Anytime I have called on busy days, I have never got through which led me to believe ticket sales were also dealt with by the TO.

If it's the ticket office that takes the calls I don't understand why they would not just advertise the local number instead of a premium rate line.

Brightside
02-02-2017, 08:53 AM

Hang on... So you never called the TICKETMASTER TICKET SALES number that was advertised for this game? But you are assuming it takes you through to the TO...

If you are calling to chase up an email request you surely aren't calling the Ticketmaster 08 number? Are you not calling Hibs for that?

Brightside
02-02-2017, 08:56 AM
If it's the ticket office that takes the calls I don't understand why they would not just advertise the local number instead of a premium rate line.

You can direct your call to the TO if you choose Option 2. But you'd have had no chance getting an answer to that if there was 300 people waiting for tickets at the windows. If you choose Option 1 you go to the Ticketmaster call centre staff.

If anyone wants to call Hibs TO id suggest always using the landline number.

hibbysam
02-02-2017, 09:01 AM
Hang on... So you never called the TICKETMASTER TICKET SALES number that was advertised for this game? But you are assuming it takes you through to the TO...

If you are calling to chase up an email request you surely aren't calling the Ticketmaster 08 number? Are you not calling Hibs for that?

Before I knew the TO number (0131) existed, the only number advertised is the 0844 number. It gives you two options, one for Ticket sales, and the other for Ticket queries. This option took me to a girl in the TO.

So "YES I DID CALL THE TICKETMASTER TICKET SALES NUMBER THAT WAS ADVERTISED FOR THIS GAME".

TICKET OFFICE
Nicola Laing, Ticket Office Manager
Claire Parker, Ticket Office Assistant Manager
Tracy Hepburn, Ticket Office Assistant
Email: tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk Tel: 0844 844 1875
So as above, I sent the email, got no reply and phoned the telephone number. Not difficult to understand really.

Luckily enough now I have an email address that the Ticket Office actually uses, and a phone number that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 09:48 AM
If loyalty points are brought back and assuming we get promoted then it should be simplified and go something like this

Purchase a season ticket and get 20 points, plus 1 point for every home cup match if any.

Walk up every week and get 1 point per home match assuming you buy in advance, either online or at office before the game with no retrospective adding of points

Assuming we are promoted then away matches at M/well, Hamilton, and the 3 glasgow clubs should be awarded 2 points for going as these are not a great distance away.

Derbies are a special case as well are only likely to get 1300 tickets so the sales for these would have to be staggered, again only 2 points for going though as its local.

Dundee, perth saints, killy, Aberdeen, ICT and R county should be awarded 3 points for attending these as these are greater distances with more effort required to get there so the points reward is greater.

* I would also add in an extra point or two for attending an away game live on tv.

hibbysam
02-02-2017, 10:14 AM
If loyalty points are brought back and assuming we get promoted then it should be simplified and go something like this

Purchase a season ticket and get 20 points, plus 1 point for every home cup match if any.

Walk up every week and get 1 point per home match assuming you buy in advance, either online or at office before the game with no retrospective adding of points

Assuming we are promoted then away matches at M/well, Hamilton, and the 3 glasgow clubs should be awarded 2 points for going as these are not a great distance away.

Derbies are a special case as well are only likely to get 1300 tickets so the sales for these would have to be staggered, again only 2 points for going though as its local.

Dundee, perth saints, killy, Aberdeen, ICT and R county should be awarded 3 points for attending these as these are greater distances with more effort required to get there so the points reward is greater.

* I would also add in an extra point or two for attending an away game live on tv.

So simple isn't it? Barely even requires any thought, no HSL, no club shop/food stalls, just plain attending matches gains you points.

Only at Hibs could this fail.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 10:18 AM
So simple isn't it? Barely even requires any thought, no HSL, no club shop/food stalls, just plain attending matches gains you points.

No, none of that pish. :agree:

Yes, points for attending games only. The way it should be.

Brightside
02-02-2017, 10:20 AM

An away game shouldnt get more points than a home game. Away games don't fund Hibs. Under this scheme you could go to 7 away games and you'd have more points than a ST holder?

Billy Whizz
02-02-2017, 10:21 AM
An away game shouldnt get more points than a home game. Away games don't fund Hibs. Under this scheme you could go to 7 away games and you'd have more points than a ST holder?

I agree

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2017, 10:23 AM

Who are these people, do you know anyone who's done this and not been to a game all season?

Jay
02-02-2017, 10:23 AM

Correct, ive said it somewhere else. We need to encourage people to attend ER, not away grounds. Total madness.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 10:25 AM

Not if you don't have the required points to begin with to qualify for a ticket though.

Again it's up to the individuals to gain points by attending games. ST holders could hardly complain if they didn't have enough points for say the derby if they've not bothered to attend any away games all season. Those that attend on a regular basis are getting rewarded, bearing in mind, not all away games will be all ticket unless of course Hibs insisted on it.

ancient hibee
02-02-2017, 10:27 AM

Using distances to award different points assumes all supporters live in Edinburgh.Is that fair?

hibbysam
02-02-2017, 10:28 AM
Correct, ive said it somewhere else. We need to encourage people to attend ER, not away grounds. Total madness.

You do realise we only need Loyalty points for away games? Someone isn't going to show up at Easter Road just because they are getting a loyalty point. Supporters who travel the length and breadth of the country every second week, should have the best chance of getting a ticket for the big away games.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 10:28 AM

As an example, Man city award more points for attending away matches.10 points for a home and 20 points for an away game. They give 40 points per away game to platinum members.

This scheme has been running relatively smoothly for years and some supporters have over 22,000 loyalty points as they attend every week.

Brightside
02-02-2017, 10:29 AM
Not if you don't have the required points to begin with to qualify for a ticket though.

Again it's up to the individuals to gain points by attending games. ST holders could hardly complain if they didn't have enough points for say the derby if they've not bothered to attend any away games all season. Those that attend on a regular basis are getting rewarded, bearing in mind, not all away games will be all ticket unless of course Hibs insisted on it.

I take my kids to the games. I don't go to many away game as 9 times out of 10 it is full of bevied little dafties who spend 2 hours abusing every player they can.

Away games do not fund Hibs football club.

Brightside
02-02-2017, 10:29 AM
As an example, Man city award more points for attending away matches.10 points for a home and 20 points for an away game. They give 40 pints per away game to platinum members.

40 pints is probably about right! :wink:

Craig_HFC
02-02-2017, 10:30 AM
It really astonishes me that people don't understand the whole point of 'loyalty points' are to give you priority for AWAY games.

They should really be called 'Attendance Points' just to make it extra clear.

For the majority of away games; these points aren't really needed as there's not a full scale scramble for tickets. However for games like the Derby; these points would give priority to the supporters who have been to the most games.

You'd get points for buying an ST, for easiness' sake, let's say 20: 1 point per home League game plus a bonus 1 or 2 points depending on how many home games we have. Then 1 point per home Cup game.

2 points per away game so that the people that these points are designed to give priority to for away games (i.e. the core away support) would actually benefit by getting priority for games like Tynecastle away when demand outweighs supply.

No points should be given for extra things (buying HSL shares, purchases in the club shop, hospitality etc) because this is what de-railed the previous points structure. Points should purely be given for attending matches.

I really don't see what's so difficult to understand about that.

Billy Whizz
02-02-2017, 10:31 AM
I take my kids to the games. I don't go to many away game as 9 times out of 10 it is full of bevied little dafties who spend 2 hours abusing every player they can.

Seriously, stupid post Underscore

hibbysam
02-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Using distances to award different points assumes all supporters live in Edinburgh.Is that fair?

I didn't say I agreed with the points totals, just the thinking behind the scheme. My points allocations would be 1 point for Hearts, Rangers and Celtic, and then 2 points for every other away game. I'd give 40 points to a STH, and 2 points for every home game attended for a Non-STH.

This would ensure STH's are ahead of everyone else, and it would just be a case of STH's who attend away games are higher up the ranks.

Points thresholds for each game would obviously depend on allocation, but only fall by a few points at each stage and only be on sale to that threshold for a day or two.

ancient hibee
02-02-2017, 10:32 AM
As an example, Man city award more points for attending away matches.10 points for a home and 20 points for an away game. They give 40 points per away game to platinum members.
Forty pints? A bottle of wine would be more preferable

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 10:33 AM

Thats rubbish mate.

Brightside
02-02-2017, 10:34 AM

Which bit? You think I'm wrong about a large amount of bevied fans at away games? I wouldn't take my kids to a game at Tynecastle or Ibrox in a million years.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 10:36 AM
It really astonishes me that people don't understand the whole point of 'loyalty points' are to give you priority for AWAY games.

For the majority of away games; these points aren't really needed as there's not a full scale scramble for tickets. However for games like the Derby; these points would give priority to the supporters who have been to the most games.

You'd get points for buying an ST, for easiness' sake, let's say 20: 1 point per home League game plus a bonus 1 or 2 points depending on how many home games we have. Then 1 point per home Cup game.

2 points per away game so that the people that these points are designed to give priority to for away games (i.e. the core away support) would actually benefit by getting priority for games like Tynecastle away when demand outweighs supply.

No points should be given for extra things (buying HSL shares, purchases in the club shop, hospitality etc) because this is what de-railed the previous points structure. Points should purely be given for attending matches.

:agree:, that would also work. Not sure why folk can't get it.

hibbysam
Which bit? You think I'm wrong about a large amount of bevied fans at away games? I wouldn't take my kids to a game at Tynecastle or Ibrox in a million years.

Do we play at Tynecastle or Ibrox 9 times in every 10 games like?

You don't go to "many" away games, yet feel you can generalise 2000 people without actually being there? Strange.

Since90+2
I think this thread has proven that its not as simple as some are making out.

I dont think the club will bring it back because they simply wont want to deal with the hassle it causes.

Billy Whizz

I've been taking mine since they were about 5, they love it.

Jay
02-02-2017, 10:37 AM
You do realise we only need Loyalty points for away games? Someone isn't going to show up at Easter Road just because they are getting a loyalty point. Supporters who travel the length and breadth of the country every second week, should have the best chance of getting a ticket for the big away games.

Of course i realise that, ive been a season ticket holder long enough. So your saying ST holders who are the bread and butter of the club shouldnt get loyalty points then? No reward for paying up front? What about games at hampden? People who turn up at ER week in, week out, like me who loses a days wages every time I go to a game, wouldnt get a fair crack at that whip? We all sacrifice at some level for hibs.

If the people who went to away games got 1 point and were also season ticket holders who got for example 50 points they would get first dibs at tickets for all big games if the threshold was as it was last time. First day or so went to those with most points which was always just over the basic ST amount, next few days went to ST holders and then on to those who had managed some games.

It just seems madness to me to reward someone more for going away than home, ER is where we should be encouraging people to go.

Brightside
02-02-2017, 10:39 AM
Of course i realise that, ive been a season ticket holder long enough. So your saying ST holders who are the bread and butter of the club shouldnt get loyalty points then? No reward for paying up front? What about games at hampden? People who turn up at ER week in, week out, like me who loses a days wages every time I go to a game, wouldnt get a fair crack at that whip? We all sacrifice at some level for hibs.

If the people who went to away games got 1 point and were also season ticket holders who got for example 50 points they would get first dibs at tickets for all big games if the threshold was as it was last time. First day or so went to those with most points which was always just over the basic ST amount, next few days went to ST holders and then on to those who had managed some games.

It just seems madness to me to reward someone more for going away than home, ER is where we should be encouraging people to go.

Indeed.

hibbysam
02-02-2017, 10:41 AM

See my post above. Of course STH would be given points, and enough to put them at the top of the tree before away games get added on. I just don't agree that STH that don't attend away games, deserves to go in the same pot as one that attends every away game.

Also, it's not a money making scheme, the club can attract fans to ER in many ways, loyalty points isn't one of them. People who attend away games are just as important to our club as those who attend home games.

Jay
02-02-2017, 10:42 AM

If your astonishness is aimed at me feel free to be unastonished as i actually do understand the points are for away games. One point per away game would be enough if you are also a season ticket holder and the threshold is set so youd get first chance at the tickets.

I dont see whats so difficult to understand either.

Jay
02-02-2017, 10:52 AM
See my post above. Of course STH would be given points, and enough to put them at the top of the tree before away games get added on. I just don't agree that STH that don't attend away games, deserves to go in the same pot as one that attends every away game.

Also, it's not a money making scheme, the club can attract fans to ER in many ways, loyalty points isn't one of them. People who attend away games are just as important to our club as those who attend home games.

Your first paragraph - we are singing from the same hymn sheet assumng that person also attends home games :)

Second paragraph - Financially, on the business side of things, home supporters are way more important to the club than any away game (apart from possibly hampden, im not sure) the aim has always got to be to fill ER and in my opinion the rewards points should be the same for both.

When it comes down to it, its really just numbers as long as the threshold of when people can buy is set correctly

Jay
02-02-2017, 10:53 AM
Indeed.

Thats twice in 2 days ive agreed with you, im beginning to think im probably wrong :)

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 10:54 AM
If your astonishness is aimed at me feel free to be unastonished as i actually do understand the points are for away games. One point per away game would be enough if you are also a season ticket holder and the threshold is set so youd get first chance at the tickets.

I dont see whats so difficult to understand either.

One point for Hearts would fine but far North teams should be two or three points as theres much more effort required to get there. You're getting rewarded for your loyalty, greater rewards for greater distances.

Jay
02-02-2017, 10:57 AM
One point for Hearts would fine but far North teams should be two or three points as theres much more effort required to get there. You're getting rewarded for your loyalty, greater rewards for greater distances.

Like i said above as long as the threshold is just over the ST amount it makes no difference how many points you get for going where surely? Or are you wanting three tiers? Those who went farthest get first, then those who went away but still fairly close get second the season ticket holder drop to third dibs of any tickets? Surely theres very few games whether we get relegated or not that the away support need to be split like that?

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 11:00 AM
Like i said above as long as the threshold is just over the ST amount it makes no difference how many points you get for going where surely? Or are you wanting three tiers? Those who went farthest get first, then those who went away but still fairly close get second the season ticket holder drop to third dibs of any tickets? Surely theres very few games whether we get relegated or not that the away support need to be split like that?

Its not about gaining status or uber fan stuff, its just about rewarding the right fans at the right time. 3 tiers would be needed for Ibrox, Parkhead and Tynecastle imo.

Again, an example ST holders with 50 points and over first
St holders with 40 points and over next
ST holders with 25 and over next an so on until all the tickets are sold or a general sale can commence.

Jay
02-02-2017, 11:01 AM
Its not about gaining status or uber fan stuff, its just about rewarding the right fans at the right time. 3 tiers would be needed for Ibrox, Parkhead and Tynecastle imo.

So two tiers of away fans now? Wow

Beefster
02-02-2017, 11:04 AM
This thread has reinforced the fact that Hibs would be ****ing mental to reintroduce the loyalty point scheme. Doesn't matter what they do, folk are going to whine like ****.

Hermit Crab

We kind of have that already, Those who go every week and those who only want to go to the big games.

scoopyboy

I would disagree with that.

I think players get more abuse at Easter Road than they do at away matches.

We take anywhere between 30 to 50 to away matches and there are no bevied little dafties on our bus.

In another post you highlighted Tynecastle and Ibrox, I would agree 100% with Tynecastle but not so much Ibrox.

I would not take my 12yo laddie to either ground, not so much because of Hibs fans but because of the crap dark ages "atmosphere" the home fans create.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 11:05 AM
This thread has reinforced the fact that Hibs would be ****ing mental to reintroduce the loyalty point scheme. Doesn't matter what they do, folk are going to whine like ****.

What do you propose instead?

The Leith Dutch
02-02-2017, 11:06 AM

Completely agree.
Trying to be "fair" as some folk view it is impossible so simple and transparent is all that can be done.

There are just going to be some games like the derby cup tie that are so in demand that lots of people are going to be disappointed and it's going to feel unfair.

I have a ST but I spend about three quarters of the year in London so miss a lot of games.
People who can't afford a ST might attend more games than me but pay less money.

They'd argue they're supporting the club better than me. I'd argue that ST holders are vital in the club's financial planning and crucial to the main summer transfer window. Truth is we're both right but someone's gonna miss out.

And no I don't have a ticket in case folk think it's easy to say when you're holding ;)

SteveHFC
02-02-2017, 11:11 AM
A quick google search show that a lot of clubs award more points for the less glamorous away games meaning those that can be bothered going to the likes of Dumbarton, Ayr etc would have more points and therefore deserve the first dibs at the bigger games.
Start of season announce for example this season Dumbarton, Ayr etc away games 4 points, Dundee utd, Falkirk 2 points

Or split the loyalty points into home, away, cup meaning only away points count for away games, the database is there and info in it just needs someone to sit down and write the script to extract the info

Question about Away ST is there something in place to stop someone opting out too much?

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 11:14 AM
A quick google search show that a lot of clubs award more points for the less glamorous away games meaning those that can be bothered going to the likes of Dumbarton, Ayr etc would have more points and therefore deserve the first dibs at the bigger games.
Start of season announce for example this season Dumbarton, Ayr etc away games 4 points, Dundee utd, Falkirk 2 points

Or split the loyalty points into home, away, cup meaning only away points count for away games, the database is there and info in it just needs someone to sit down and write the script to extract the info

Question about Away ST is there something in place to stop someone opting out too much?

First bit is not a bad idea.

Second, I thought you couldn't opt out?

SteveHFC
02-02-2017, 11:15 AM
First bit is not a bad idea.

Second, I thought you couldn't opt out?

sure you can opt out just wondering if there is a limit to stop folk signing up and only using it for bigger games

mim
02-02-2017, 11:16 AM

Not if you live in Aberdeen :greengrin

There's simply no need to complicate things. Loyalty points are not to encourage fans to go to games or indeed to reward fans for attending. They are simply a method of ensuring fairness on the very few occasions where ticket demand is greater than supply.

We must all bear in mind the actual problem we are trying to solve, which is a very rare one indeed.

Green-Hibee-7
02-02-2017, 11:18 AM
Fingers crossed and it's looking likely we will be back next season with trips to tynecastle, parkhead and ibrox - i would like to see a loyalty points system introduced as of this summer everyone starts of at zero points. Buy a season ticket (your given X amount of points) buy an away season ticket (your given X amount of additional points) = people who Have both have maximum points for that year. Give people points for attending home and away games for X amount of points and have realistic cut off points.

It's really not difficult to manage. I just think we need clarity - everyone on 0 as off the summer everyone should sit at the same points level of 0. All be it I think that goes out the window if we got hearts away on day one of the season but just need something clear cut.

southern hibby
02-02-2017, 11:20 AM

Wrong away games do fund Hibs football club. Cup games half the gate after expenses. League games mean points more points gained higher up the league table more money from SFA handout.

GGTTH

Smiler1981
02-02-2017, 11:21 AM

Agree with this 100%.

Argylehibby
02-02-2017, 11:21 AM

Eh because that's possitive discrimination and secondly if a kid has gone to every game with their parent why would they not get to go to a particular match just because they are young? They would be entitled to a concession ticket surely?

This isn't about how much you spend it's about supporting the club by attending matches. If you are a season ticket holder and go to every away game then surely you should be ahead of the people who want to go to Tynecastle and Ibrox but have no interest in going to Cowdenbeath or Greenock.

SteveHFC
02-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Fingers crossed and it's looking likely we will be back next season with trips to tynecastle, parkhead and ibrox - i would like to see a loyalty points system introduced as of this summer everyone starts of at zero points. Buy a season ticket (your given X amount of points) buy an away season ticket (your given X amount of additional points) = people who Have both have maximum points for that year. Give people points for attending home and away games for X amount of points and have realistic cut off points.

It's really not difficult to manage. I just think we need clarity - everyone on 0 as off the summer everyone should sit at the same points level of 0. All be it I think that goes out the window if we got hearts away on day one of the season but just need something clear cut.

one problem with that is it takes no account of the fans who have been bothered to go to this seasons away games, needs to include this seasons games

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2017, 11:26 AM
I hear there are less than 200 who have signed up to the away season ticket, if true then i cant see why anyone who has a season ticket can't be in the next list for the bun fight for away tickets.

Not one penny goes to Hibs unless it's a cup game, where as it seems everyone wants a ticket.

Now forgive me if i'm wrong, but we don't take 3300 away every week, so where are all those who want a ticket for this game every other away match?

Season ticket holders should in my opinion always come first, nobody forces you to watch Hibs away, that is everyone who goes own personal choice.

We have 2, i wont speak for the other person, but i wont buy a season tickets if that should change.

Argylehibby
02-02-2017, 11:27 AM

I have never called the number so I don't know for certain but it sounds to me when the call goes in you are give option like press 1 for ticket sales, 2 for *** etc and what ever option you chose is redirected to TO because it's not something that ticketmaster could deal with.

Green-Hibee-7
02-02-2017, 11:29 AM
one problem with that is it takes no account of the fans who have been bothered to go to this seasons away games, needs to include this seasons games

Yeah there would have to be one starting point which I suppose could be based on this season. But either way there's always going to be a flaw in the system. We need something in place though this game proves it - I'm sorted but when you see other boys/girls on here that genuinely do go to 90-100% of away games get let down for someone who's just using a season ticket (which Is not even there's) it's a shambles.

Green-Hibee-7
02-02-2017, 11:33 AM
I hear there are less than 200 who have signed up to the away season ticket, if true then i cant see why anyone who has a season ticket can't be in the next list for the bun fight for away tickets.

Not one penny goes to Hibs unless it's a cup game, where as it seems everyone wants a ticket.

Now forgive me if i'm wrong, but we don't take 3300 away every week, so where are all those who want a ticket for this game every other away match?

Season ticket holders should in my opinion always come first, nobody forces you to watch Hibs away, that is everyone who goes own personal choice.

We have 2, i wont speak for the other person, but i wont buy a season tickets if that should change.

I want a loyalty points system - but I can understand every point you've made tbh.

Only thing is you do end up with a scenario whereby potentially 10,000 people fighting over 3k tickets. It turns into the shambles and moaning of what we have seen the last 24hrs!

Do think though yes Hibs don't get money - but the effort of going to support should mean something in terms of being rewarded. Although again it's a money busines.

SteveHFC
02-02-2017, 11:41 AM
Yeah there would have to be one starting point which I suppose could be based on this season. But either way there's always going to be a flaw in the system. We need something in place though this game proves it - I'm sorted but when you see other boys/girls on here that genuinely do go to 90-100% of away games get let down for someone who's just using a season ticket (which Is not even there's) it's a shambles.

:agree: our 6 who go every week and have done for many years are all sorted but only because me and my dad spent 13 hrs in a queue, you are always going to have different tiers of allocation no matter what, we struggled to shift 700 Dumbarton tickets twice this season wonder how many who went to Dumbarton twice are now without Hearts tickets.

Stopping the loyalty points has caused more pain to fans and club rather than solve it IMHO

Radium
02-02-2017, 11:48 AM
:agree: our 6 who go every week and have done for many years are all sorted but only because me and my dad spent 13 hrs in a queue, you are always going to have different tiers of allocation no matter what, we struggled to shift 700 Dumbarton tickets twice this season wonder how many who went to Dumbarton twice are now without Hearts tickets.

Stopping the loyalty points has caused more pain to fans and club rather than solve it IMHO

I think a better analogy would be the replay in Inverness last season. How many made the journey on a Wed night, after a cup defeat. I didn't and would not have any issue with a scheme that benefited those who are able to support the team home and away.

Craig_HFC
02-02-2017, 11:49 AM

That's the whole point though, isn't it? People who DO go every week have missed out on tickets for Tynecastle because of the LP scheme no longer being in place.

The Loyalty Points scheme would have meant that those who go to the most games would have had the first chance to secure tickets for Tynecastle. Whereas, instead, yesterday was a bit of a lottery.

JJP
02-02-2017, 11:58 AM
The club sells season tickets with the incentive that you can buy tickets for the more in demand games away from Easter Road. I'm sure that's why a lot of fans who can't even attend every home game will buy one which helps the club plan financially for the year ahead. What's the point in these people buying a season ticket if they are then told they are then passed over for walk up fans who go to away games as well? The club have already tried the loyalty points system and obviously they found that it wasn't working otherwise it would still be in place.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2017, 12:01 PM
That's the whole point though, isn't it? People who DO go every week have missed out on tickets for Tynecastle because of the LP scheme no longer being in place.

The Loyalty Points scheme would have meant that those who go to the most games would have had the first chance to secure tickets for Tynecastle. Whereas, instead, yesterday was a bit of a lottery.

Less than 200 have made the commitment to go every week, so those who make the commitment to buy a season ticket for hibs should be next in line.

I also disagree with the away season ticket, but that is in place now and still contributes nowt except cup games to the club.

My view, not everyone will agree but its my view. A season ticket holder in my opinion should put you at the top of the tree when away games tickets are on sale.

SteveHFC
02-02-2017, 12:01 PM

Yes ST first but when demand outstrips supply you need to have a way to allocate them or we have a situation where like yesterday when folk where in a queue for 12+ hours, others trying to use an online system that is clearly not fit for purpose and a phone line which simply is a cash cow for someone.

So we need a system or else we will have a thread like this every time demand outstrips supply

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2017, 12:03 PM
The club sells season tickets with the incentive that you can buy tickets for the more in demand games away from Easter Road. I'm sure that's why a lot of fans who can't even attend every home game will buy one which helps the club plan financially for the year ahead. What's the point in these people buying a season ticket if they are then told they are then passed over for walk up fans who go to away games as well? The club have already tried the loyalty points system and obviously they found that it wasn't working otherwise it would still be in place.

Exactly, and the main reason i have purchased mine over the years. Take that away and buying one becomes pointless for me.

Argylehibby
02-02-2017, 12:05 PM

This was one of the main reasons that loyalty points were binned because of fear of losing income from season tickets that are of course vital for the club. However if a season ticket holder got points up front on day 1 and that threshhold couldn't be reached by a walk up fan during the season then the only conflict is with other season ticket holders who do attend away games. If the first block threshhold was set at a figure where 20 to 30 % of available tickets were available to ST holders who travel to a sizable number of away games, not just 1 or 2, and the next block included all remaining season ticket holders would you still feel as strongly about the value of the season ticket?

In other words if 2 or 3 hundred tickets were available to the frequent away game attendees would that really influence you to not renew your season ticket? If it would, why did you buy one this year when the AST was on offer and potentially the number of ASTs being bought could have been significantly more than 2 or 3 hundred?

Last season I believe 2 games didn't go to public sale, i.e 1 point or above so season ticket holders were more than able to get a ticket for all other games if they wanted one. If the scheme was set up as above then season ticket holders would still be able to get tickets as they were yesterday.

slightly off topic, I know the one issue that affects the number of blocks used for ticket sales is the time available from ticket sale to match day which is why on a couple of occassions the blocks were fewer but bigger than the club would have wanted. That will always be the case unfortunately but that shouldn't be an issue as long as ST holders get a decent shot at tickets before non ST holders.

hibbysam
02-02-2017, 12:05 PM

If you could not guarantee at the start of the season that you could make every single away game, or you aren't super duper rich with loads of disposable income, then the AST doesn't benefit you.

I'm afraid I don't have a spare £100+ that I would be out of pocket for missing 4 games out of around 25, including Turriff.

I do, however, make at least 75% of games, more depending on childcare. The loyalty point scheme would put me in a very high banding, but the AST would be a total waste of money that a lot of people sadly do not have.

Also, your point about "Nobody forces you to watch Hibs away"... WTF? No one forces you to watch them at home either, but you do realise this argument is regarding AWAY tickets? If you don't bother your arse with Ayr and Dumbarton, then you should certainly be behind those that do for tickets at Tynecastle/Ibrox when it arises.

Wheat Hound
02-02-2017, 12:06 PM

Yep. Twice to Dumbarton this year but no Tynie tic. No happy

SteveHFC
02-02-2017, 12:06 PM

simple ST holders are awarded more points at start of season than walk ups can accumulate over the season meaning ST will always be first, you then have to create tiers in the ST holders otherwise we end up back here every time demands outstrips supply

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2017, 12:07 PM
Yes ST first but when demand outstrips supply you need to have a way to allocate them or we have a situation where like yesterday when folk where in a queue for 12+ hours, others trying to use an online system that is clearly not fit for purpose and a phone line which simply is a cash cow for someone.

So we need a system or else we will have a thread like this every time demand outstrips supply

Why, nobody forced those who queued outside too do so? Clearly the club should be doing something with the phone lines, but again my opinion is season ticket holders should be first in line.

hibbysam
02-02-2017, 12:07 PM

Can you show me where the club states this "incentive"?? The incentive of buying a Home Season Ticket is to financially support the club at the start of the season, and guarantee you a seat for every single home game throughout that season, nothing more, nothing less.

hibs4life
02-02-2017, 12:09 PM
I have to say I thought the Loyalty Scheme seemed a reasonable and fair method for prioritising ticket distribution when demand was high.
As someone who missed out on a derby ticket I took it on the chin but was a bit peeved that my trips to Dumbarton, Dumfries, etc. weren't taken into consideration.
I'll get over it though but I think this might need looked at again as there is a potential for repetition.
Some opinions on the right way forward though smack of self interest and indeed, whilst I believe that I'm being impartial, that could be levelled at me.

SteveHFC
02-02-2017, 12:11 PM
Why, nobody forced those who queued outside too do so? Clearly the club should be doing something with the phone lines, but again my opinion is season ticket holders should be first in line.

No one forced them to queue and no one forced anyone to use online system and it was only open to ST holders anyway

JJP
02-02-2017, 12:12 PM
Can you show me where the club states this "incentive"?? The incentive of buying a Home Season Ticket is to financially support the club at the start of the season, and guarantee you a seat for every single home game throughout that season, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't need to show you. It literally happened yesterday.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2017, 12:13 PM
If you could not guarantee at the start of the season that you could make every single away game, or you aren't super duper rich with loads of disposable income, then the AST doesn't benefit you.

I'm afraid I don't have a spare £100+ that I would be out of pocket for missing 4 games out of around 25, including Turriff.

I do, however, make at least 75% of games, more depending on childcare. The loyalty point scheme would put me in a very high banding, but the AST would be a total waste of money that a lot of people sadly do not have.

Also, your point about "Nobody forces you to watch Hibs away"... WTF? No one forces you to watch them at home either, but you do realise this argument is regarding AWAY tickets? If you don't bother your arse with Ayr and Dumbarton, then you should certainly be behind those that do for tickets at Tynecastle/Ibrox when it arises.

And not one penny has made its way to easter road, there is a scheme to make sure you wont miss any away game, there is also a scheme where if you buy a season ticket you are virtually guaranteed a ticket for 99% of the away games.

Pissing off some season ticket holders, by taking away something they have had since i can remember watching Hibs is wrong in my opinion, my view not yours.

snedzuk
02-02-2017, 12:14 PM

Me and my Missus are in this category but we dont care - 11000 into 3000 doesnt go but there will be 3000 Hibbys roaring us on anyway - just win!!

SteveHFC
02-02-2017, 12:15 PM
I have to say I thought the Loyalty Scheme seemed a reasonable and fair method for prioritising ticket distribution when demand was high.
As someone who missed out on a derby ticket I took it on the chin but was a bit peeved that my trips to Dumbarton, Dumfries, etc. weren't taken into consideration.
I'll get over it though but I think this might need looked at again as there is a potential for repetition.
Some opinions on the right way forward though smack of self interest and indeed, whilst I believe that I'm being impartial, that could be levelled at me.

i'm with you although we got tickets only because we could queue overnight, every away game this season and many seasons before and I'm lumped together with folk who never go to an away game but fancy this game

cmcd
02-02-2017, 12:21 PM
I was lucky enough to get a ticket but my feeling is that this game should have gone to Murrayfield then everyone would have got a ticket

CMurdoch
02-02-2017, 12:29 PM
i'm with you although we got tickets only because we could queue overnight, every away game this season and many seasons before and I'm lumped together with folk who never go to an away game but fancy this game

Read your posts yesterday ya radge. Couldn't work out why you didn't go down at 4 am! Hat off, you r a Top Hibee Steve, if a little mad!

Col_0762
02-02-2017, 12:33 PM
I was lucky enough to get a ticket but my feeling is that this game should have gone to Murrayfield then everyone would have got a ticket

Seen a few folk say this now. Can I ask why?

Why would they give up home advantage?
Would you expect us to give up home advantage if we were at home?

Seems bizarre to even suggest it. Derbies are all about going away, into their cesspit outnumbered, making as much noise as possible and hopefuflly winning. Winning a derby there is 100 times better than winning at Easter Road. Murrayfield? Nah. Would kill the atmosphere and give it a touristy pre-season feel.

SteveHFC
02-02-2017, 12:35 PM
Read your posts yesterday ya radge. Couldn't work out why you didn't go down at 4 am! Hat off, you r a Top Hibee Steve, if a little mad!
think my dad may have been posting last night:agree:
could start a new thread on login sharing

C Feeney-Seale
02-02-2017, 12:38 PM
Not if you live in Aberdeen :greengrin

There's simply no need to complicate things. Loyalty points are not to encourage fans to go to games or indeed to reward fans for attending. They are simply a method of ensuring fairness on the very few occasions where ticket demand is greater than supply.

We must all bear in mind the actual problem we are trying to solve, which is a very rare one indeed.

I agree, making the system over complicated was one of the issues the first time around. Keep it simple, and make sure the club gets fans involved before the system is implemented to we can reach agreement of the few potentially difficult areas (ie, how to account for previous years).

No system will keep everyone happy, but if we design a simple one which can be easily understood the number of people who due to strange circumstances miss out will be minimal.

cmcd
02-02-2017, 12:42 PM

Seems bizarre to even suggest it. Derbies are all about going away, into their cesspit outnumbered, making as much noise as possible and hopefuflly winning. Winning a derby there is 100 times better than winning at Easter Road. Murrayfield? Nah. Would kill the atmosphere and give it a touristy pre-season feel.

It depends on how badly you want to see the game and as far as Murrayfield goes it's only a hop skip and jump away from Tynecastle so don't see a problem . Only my opinion

Beefster
02-02-2017, 12:48 PM
What do you propose instead?

I don't think it's that big an issue. There should be two tranches of sales - ST holders and general sale.

Col_0762
02-02-2017, 12:53 PM
It depends on how badly you want to see the game and as far as Murrayfield goes it's only a hop skip and jump away from Tynecastle so don't see a problem . Only my opinion

Football is played home and away with cup finals at a neutral ground.

Would you have liked us to give up home advantage in order to give them a bigger support had we be drawn at home for this tie?

Andy74
02-02-2017, 12:55 PM

Cheers,

Charlene

I'm sure the board discussed this to death when they already made the decision to ditch it.

There would need to be some very good reasons to introduce something again and not just because some fans missed out on tickets when supply was limited. It just doesn't happen often enough to justify the hassle and admin around a scheme.

cmcd
02-02-2017, 12:58 PM
Football is played home and away with cup finals at a neutral ground.

Would you have liked us to give up home advantage in order to give them a bigger support had we be drawn at home for this tie?

As I have already stated this is only my opinion .After supporting our club for over 60years I would go anywhere to watch my club playing Hearts

Col_0762
02-02-2017, 12:59 PM
As I have already stated this is only my opinion .After supporting our club for over 60years I would go anywhere to watch my club playing Hearts

Find it strange you would give up home advantage in a cup tie against your rivals in order to give them more fans. After watching us for 60 years, you should know we need every advantage possible in the cup lol.

BoomtownHibees
02-02-2017, 01:04 PM
sure you can opt out just wondering if there is a limit to stop folk signing up and only using it for bigger games

You can't opt out of any games with an Away Season ticket

SteveHFC
02-02-2017, 01:08 PM
:thumbsup:
You can't opt out of any games with an Away Season ticket

cmcd
02-02-2017, 01:18 PM
Find it strange you would give up home advantage in a cup tie against your rivals in order to give them more fans. After watching us for 60 years, you should know we need every advantage possible in the cup lol.

I have given my opinion you have given you'res. We don't agree we move on

Killiehibbie
02-02-2017, 01:35 PM

Seems bizarre to even suggest it. Derbies are all about going away, into their cesspit outnumbered, making as much noise as possible and hopefuflly winning. Winning a derby there is 100 times better than winning at Easter Road. Murrayfield? Nah. Would kill the atmosphere and give it a touristy pre-season feel.Get as many people in as possible, i reckon any time we get them in the cup there's a good case for playing at Murrayfield.

SChibs
02-02-2017, 01:38 PM
It is an absolute disgrace.

I'd also recommend writing to your MP - this (having to pay without getting a service) is the kind of thing they actually do sometimes shut down and regulate properly. No really - it does happen and I've not hit the booze first thing ;)

I do think it's worth contacting Hibs although I'm fairly certain their hands will be well and truly tied.

First off I reckon the cost of running your own service - ticket systems, printing, phone number with queueing system, folk to answer it and online service - will likely be pretty high.

Second - Ticketmaster are utter ******ers and have probably got the club on some kind of deal similar to at internet contract where you can't leave without paying off the remaining years and a "disconnection" charge.

To give you a little more insight into what a bunch of money grabbing ****bags they are a mate booked tickets with them for two different gigs done on two separate calls. Both were obviously ticket price + booking fee + postage charge + phone bill.

You'd think at that point that having fleeced you for calling them, adding a booking fee, marking up a cost of a few pence for postage to an eye watering £2.50 that they'd finally sit back content with gouging the most they could out the situation.

Wrong. Turns out that when you book two sets of tickets for different events separately their ticket system is clever enough to ensure both sets of tickets get into the same envelope even though you get stung for two sets of postage just to eek a few more pennies out.

Unpleasant company.

I booked 6 tickets for the prodigy last year at the same time and they charged me 6 booking fees. Should only really be 1 fee in my opinion.

SChibs
02-02-2017, 01:49 PM

Agreed. Lennon has already stated the away support gets behind the team brilliantly.

Jonnyboy
02-02-2017, 01:50 PM

I attend every away game and have never encountered what you describe. Yes there are drunks, not exclusively 'wee dafties ' but the vast majority are very supportive of the team and their efforts

hibs0666
02-02-2017, 01:51 PM
I'm sure the board discussed this to death when they already made the decision to ditch it.

There would need to be some very good reasons to introduce something again and not just because some fans missed out on tickets when supply was limited. It just doesn't happen often enough to justify the hassle and admin around a scheme.

If the board continues to back a system that encourages people to queue for over 12 hours outside, in winter, then more shame them.

andrew70
02-02-2017, 01:56 PM
What a absolute mess that was today, turned away from ticket office at 10am..... 139 calls to the ticketmaster number.... Placed in a queue to be informed .... Tickets now sold out...... Anyone got a spare?

I've not read any of the rest of this thread and apologise if this has already been covered but in relation to the above and other social media posts:

B, the only shambles yesterday was the security opening up the two entrances in the West which meant people turning up later were able to merge with those who had arrived early (8pm in some cases).

I was there personally from 1.25am, many other there well before me, I am sure you knew that queues were going to form early doors.

My main gripe is why you took the picture off my friends FB (after you had already asked me for a ticket) of OUR tickets and put it on some silly Hibs FB page. I am not a member of it, so I don't know which one but I was sent the pic about the amount of tickets purchased.

We had all queued from stupid o'clock and bought our tickets close on 12.50pm. Why shouldn't we be allowed to buy all these tickets for our groups with their client reference numbers. Would you prefer that everyone came and queued in one massive line to get their own?

These tickets you noted in the picture were bought by 6 different people thus not exactly big amounts as you apparently alluded to on that page.

No-one should have to queue on a cold winters night, for that I agree but we had to and people who came at 8am were getting turned away so there was no chance at 10am unfortunately.

The ticket office is far from perfect but for anyone to blame them for any issues or not getting a ticket on the office/the staff is very unfair IMO.

Sure you will have relaxed now you're in sunnier climes but what more could the TO have done for you?

SChibs
02-02-2017, 01:59 PM

Yes. If we only get 950 tickets for ibrox the 950 who go to the most games should get first dibs. If a season ticket who goes to 1 away game is in the same bracket as a season ticket who has been to 10 that's not fair

Hiber-nation
02-02-2017, 02:04 PM
I attend every away game and have never encountered what you describe. Yes there are drunks, not exclusively 'wee dafties ' but the vast majority are very supportive of the team and their efforts

Correct. There are a few offenders, most of whom are certainly not "wee dafties".

The wee daft laddie element seems to have gone after all that nonsense at Livingston 2 seasons ago.

Last Minute
02-02-2017, 02:13 PM
Best thing I ever done was join the away ticket scheme. my tickets for every away game waiting in a envelop for me to collect. No phone calls, no waiting in queues , no refreshing on line. But you have to go to every away game which I do. :thumbsup:

southfieldhibby
02-02-2017, 02:22 PM
Yep. Twice to Dumbarton this year but no Tynie tic. No happy

Dumbarton is easily the worst venue we've been subjected to over the last three seasons. Only missed it once over that period and it brings out the worst in our support. Grim you never got sorted yesterday.

Hibeewilly
02-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Best thing I ever done was join the away ticket scheme. my tickets for every away game waiting in a envelop for me to collect. No phone calls, no waiting in queues , no refreshing on line. But you have to go to every away game which I do. :thumbsup:
And no sitting next to your mates. Bring back the loyalty points:agree:

Last Minute
02-02-2017, 02:28 PM
And no sitting next to your mates. Bring back the loyalty points:agree:

all my mates are in it with me and our tickets are in 1 envelope with us all sitting together.:greengrin

Radium
02-02-2017, 02:33 PM
Dumbarton is easily the worst venue we've been subjected to over the last three seasons. Only missed it once over that period and it brings out the worst in our support. Grim you never got sorted yesterday.

Cowdenbeath in the rain, on an open terrace, with toilets that haven't been updated since the 60's, behind a fence, with a stock track between you and the pitch, wins that award.

Scouse Hibee
02-02-2017, 02:41 PM

You don't have to go to the game.

Hibernia&Alba
02-02-2017, 02:42 PM
Cowdenbeath in the rain, on an open terrace, with toilets that haven't been updated since the 60's, behind a fence, with a stock track between you and the pitch, wins that award.

Aye, the drawn game there a couple of seasons back in torrential rain. The most miserable environment in which to watch a match I've ever known.

The Leith Dutch
02-02-2017, 02:49 PM

Not saying it's wrong but curious why everyone starts at 0 in the summer?

Hibeewilly
02-02-2017, 03:04 PM
all my mates are in it with me and our tickets are in 1 envelope with us all sitting together.:greengrin
Fair do's mate. Two of our group including myself go to every game but the other two only go to 80% so we didn't go for the away season ticket

The Leith Dutch
02-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Yes. If we only get 950 tickets for ibrox the 950 who go to the most games should get first dibs. If a season ticket who goes to 1 away game is in the same bracket as a season ticket who has been to 10 that's not fair

Y'see I'd disagree with the above.

I completely respect the value to the team of someone attending a lot of away games - it's a vital part of how well we do the fact that our away support is great. I'd argue if our home support had the same energy the league would now be wrapped up.

I think the stability and the future of the *club* however is the most important thing and that is built on Season Ticket revenue.
Getting first dibs on in-demand tickets in short supply is a major perk and attracts season ticket purchase and getting more season ticket holders is the way to grow as a club.

Put it another way - I think we're in a healthier position if we have 11,000 ST holders and disappointed fans who attend a lot of away games feeling it's unfair they couldn't get a ticket rather than having happy fans and only 7,000 ST holders.

Ideally of course all our brilliant away support get ST and then everyone's happy ;)

WS Hibs
02-02-2017, 05:06 PM

Be lucky to fill it. I will never forget the brass neck of some supporters hounding Rangers for not giving us more tickets at Ibrox in the May 2015 Play Off semi final, only then to turn up 3 months later in the league unable to fill our allocation.

SChibs
02-02-2017, 05:42 PM
Be lucky to fill it. I will never forget the brass neck of some supporters hounding Rangers for not giving us more tickets at Ibrox in the May 2015 Play Off semi final, only then to turn up 3 months later in the league unable to fill our allocation.

We would sell 950 tickets for ibrox easy these days.

Billy Whizz
02-02-2017, 06:05 PM
We would sell 950 tickets for ibrox easy these days.

And if we don't re-introduce the LS, Leanne must be happy that fans may queue up overnight, at least 6 times next season

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 06:11 PM
And if we don't re-introduce the LS, Leanne must be happy that fans may queue up overnight, at least 6 times next season

Which is outrageous if she thinks thats ok.

Broken Gnome
02-02-2017, 06:21 PM

What's the six?

Radium
02-02-2017, 06:25 PM
Aye, the drawn game there a couple of seasons back in torrential rain. The most miserable environment in which to watch a match I've ever known.

Thought we won 2-1 did Hanlon not get the second

southfieldhibby
02-02-2017, 06:47 PM

Nah, Dumbarton for me. Was at all the Cowdenbeath fixtures including the really bad one in the pishing rain and I'd rather that than Dumbarton.

Billy Whizz
02-02-2017, 07:03 PM
What's the six?

Hearts rangers and Celtic away x 2, when we go up

Broken Gnome
02-02-2017, 07:06 PM

Anyone keen enough to get a ticket for Glasgow and available to make an attempt on the morning of sale will get one. I can hardly see massive queues for a trip to Parkhead, especially the second time round after the novelty factor has gone.

How many will want to go to Ibrox is complete guesswork as well.

tamig
02-02-2017, 07:08 PM

I can't remember the last time we sold our allocation for a Celtic match. Do we not usually get about 2000? Never seems to be the same demand as for hun games but we get less than 1000 from that shower.

Billy Whizz
02-02-2017, 07:12 PM
Anyone keen enough to get a ticket for Glasgow and available to make an attempt on the morning of sale will get one. I can hardly see massive queues for a trip to Parkhead, especially the second time round after the novelty factor has gone.

How many will want to go to Ibrox is complete guesswork as well.

Richey, you're reply just answers why we need a loyalty scheme. The ones who will go to Ibrox/Celtic park 2nd time round, will probably go to most, if not all the games, but could miss out on Tynie

mim
02-02-2017, 07:17 PM
OK, this Hearts cup tie did not go to a public sale.
Can anyone tell me how many away games have not gone to public sale in the last couple of years?

Broken Gnome
02-02-2017, 07:21 PM
Richey, you're reply just answers why we need a loyalty scheme. The ones who will go to Ibrox/Celtic park 2nd time round, will probably go to most, if not all the games, but could miss out on Tynie

I don't disagree, I was just pointing out your six games were a tad optimitsic. For routine league games it comes down for two games - Tynecastle - and even that's on the assumption we're playing well.

There will be no other scramble for tickets.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 07:26 PM
I don't disagree, I was just pointing out your six games were a tad optimitsic. For routine league games it comes down for two games - Tynecastle - and even that's on the assumption we're playing well.

We will only get 1300 for Hearts away next season if promoted so yes there will be a scramble for tickets. Ibrox as well, The rangers don't look like improving and we like a win there.

Mr White
02-02-2017, 07:26 PM

There will be for the next time we go to ibrox imo.

bigwheel
02-02-2017, 07:28 PM
Lived in London for years ...was also a Spurs season ticket holder - still have membership now ...their system is based on loyalty points ..during a defined period you can apply for future away tickets ... they then at a later date , depending on demand , set the cut off of loyalty points and everyone above that gets an email saying they have been successful in their application, and those that don't get an email saying they have been unsuccessful...there is also a date by which the ones who get a ticket can choose to decline it ..thereafter the transaction is processed and the tickets issued .. no online hassles , and no big queues and no big phone bills ...and no stress ... it works

Broken Gnome
02-02-2017, 07:30 PM
There will be for the next time we go to ibrox imo.

I can see that falling into the bracket of thousands being supposedly up for it, then many thinking twice when push comes to the shove.

Easy sell out, just not sure too many would miss out.

Broken Gnome
02-02-2017, 07:31 PM
We will only get 1300 for Hearts away next season if promoted so yes there will be a scramble for tickets. Ibrox as well, The rangers don't look like improving and we like a win there.

Forgot about the stand, fair enough.

tamig
02-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Lived in London for years ...was also a Spurs season ticket holder - still have membership now ...their system is based on loyalty points ..during a defined period you can apply for future away tickets ... they then at a later date , depending on demand , set the cut off of loyalty points and everyone above that gets an email saying they have been successful in their application, and those that don't get an email saying they have been unsuccessful...there is also a date by which the ones who get a ticket can choose to decline it ..thereafter the transaction is processed and the tickets issued .. no online hassles , and no big queues and no big phone bills ...and no stress ... it works
I thought our scheme was fine until the HSL teaser came along. It does make you wonder though if the club have looked at other schemes that appear to work well up and down the country.

Speedy
02-02-2017, 07:42 PM

I don't have a problem with points for this. If it brings money to the club and gives us a better standard of player then happy days.

What's the downside?

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 07:45 PM
Forgot about the stand, fair enough.

Its nothing to do with the rebuild, thats all hearts give to clubs for league away matches now. Cups are obviously different.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 07:47 PM
I don't have a problem with points for this. If it brings money to the club and gives us a better standard of player then happy days.

What's the downside?

That you get folk with more points than someone who goes to away games because they don't buy pies or strips at home. Points are for attending games only, not how much you contribute to HSL or because you bring 2-3 kids to games you get extra points for food and merchandise. Ridiculous idea.

So the fatter bar steward gets more points because he eat 6 pies but the healthy non pie eater get no points? Laughable

JJP
02-02-2017, 07:49 PM
That you get folk with more points than someone who goes to away games because they don't buy pies or strips at home. Points are for attending games only, not how much you contribute to HSL or because you bring 2-3 kids to games you get extra points for food and merchandise. Ridiculous idea.

So the fatter bar steward gets more points because he eat 6 pies but the healthy non pie eater get no points? Laughable

So it should only count for what suits you then?

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 07:53 PM
So it should only count for what suits you then?

Points are for attending games only. Not for food, not for HSL, not for club spending money in the club shop, not for achieving 20,000 posts on Hibs net. You get rewarded for attending games and thats it. Nothing else.

wookie70
02-02-2017, 07:59 PM

Sounds like a very fair system, it may cost us lots of season ticket holders for some reason I can't get my head round.

Mr White
02-02-2017, 08:01 PM
I can see that falling into the bracket of thousands being supposedly up for it, then many thinking twice when push comes to the shove.

Easy sell out, just not sure too many would miss out.

Aye that's probably closer to reality come to think of it. Fair point.

Thegreenside
02-02-2017, 08:13 PM

100%. Loyalty points based on the games you attend. I do not know why it needs complicated.

Speedy
02-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Points are for attending games only. Not for food, not for HSL, not for club spending money in the club shop, not for achieving 20,000 posts on Hibs net. You get rewarded for attending games and thats it. Nothing else.

That's the thing, people have different views on what you should get rewarded for.

Some people want double points for away games, others want no points for away because they don't contribute directly to hibs. HSL and spending money in the shop contributes directly to hibs (which is a priority to some) so argument for points there, is there not?

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 08:18 PM
That's the thing, people have different views on what you should get rewarded for.

Some people want double points for away games, others want no points for away because they don't contribute directly to hibs. HSL and spending money in the shop contributes directly to hibs (which is a priority to some) so argument for points there, is there not?

No, because the points are for attending games.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2017, 08:19 PM
100%. Loyalty points based on the games you attend. I do not know why it needs complicated.

:agree:

WhileTheChief..
02-02-2017, 08:21 PM
If we only get 900 tickets for Ibrox next season then the 900 fans that get tickets would automatically have more loyalty points than everyone else could possibly get.

I could go to every other game, home and away, but would be short of the points that you earned on that first away game.

So onto the next season, if the points are rolled over, you've got a head start of potentially 2 away game at Ibrox that I couldn't get to. That means I can't get tickets this season either. And so on and so on.

Similar at Tynie if we only get 1300 tickets. I don't know what kind of allocation we get at Celtic but if it's similar that's up to 6 games I've got no chance of attending. 6 games that you earn more points that keeps you top of the list year after year.

That would mean that every single season the guys that got tickets first would always be able to get them. No one gets a chance to amass the same number of points.

That just can't be right. No matter how devoted you are to travelling around, you've got to allow others the chance to get to some of the bigger games.

Speedy
02-02-2017, 08:21 PM
No, because the points are for attending games.

According to what? We aren't currently awarding points for anything.

Speedy
02-02-2017, 08:24 PM
If we only get 900 tickets for Ibrox next season then the 900 fans that get tickets would automatically have more loyalty points than everyone else could possibly get.

I could go to every other game, home and away, but would be short of the points that you earned on that first away game.

So onto the next season, if the points are rolled over, you've got a head start of potentially 2 away game at Ibrox that I couldn't get to. That means I can't get tickets this season either. And so on and so on.

Similar at Tynie if we only get 1300 tickets. I don't know what kind of allocation we get at Celtic but if it's similar that's up to 6 games I've got no chance of attending. 6 games that you earn more points that keeps you top of the list year after year.

That would mean that every single season the guys that got tickets first would always be able to get them. No one gets a chance to amass the same number of points.

That just can't be right. No matter how devoted you are to travelling around, you've got to allow others the chance to get to some of the bigger games.

Does that problem actually exist? How many people go to every game every season?

200 people got an away season ticket which suggests the answer is not many.

JJP
02-02-2017, 08:42 PM

But that is exactly the scenario a lot of these people want because it suits them.

Argylehibby
02-02-2017, 09:01 PM

It works if you don't award points for those games where it's likely to be a sell out like the cup tie was always going to be.

mim
03-02-2017, 08:34 PM

When was the last time a Huns game at Ipox did not go to public sale??