PDA

View Full Version : Game face oan for the online ticket stramash

Pages : 1 [2]

A Hi-Bee
01-02-2017, 05:47 PM
Had to get hospitality tickets as no normal ones left. But that was expected 15,000 people all wanting one of 3300 tickets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be worse for the ****bo's what wi 400,000 o them puddle drinkers trying to get 15,000 tickets.

yonder1875
01-02-2017, 06:11 PM
I am fortunate enough to have been able to get 3 single seats scattered over the stand - however, am I the only one that thinks it is absurd that you can buy 10 tickets per booking? Should be 4 max for a game like this like it is with high demand gigs.

pacoluna
01-02-2017, 06:18 PM
There was a very small amount of tickets left at the ticket office today at 16.30 not sure how they became available.

mcohibs
01-02-2017, 06:18 PM
Not sure if asked before but for future games am I able to log in to my account (ST holder) and buy tickets only for other ST holders using their references? Or would one of the tickets I was buying need to be assigned to me since it's my account I'm logged into?

wookie70
01-02-2017, 06:26 PM
I had 4 browser windows open on 2 laptops. The order I open the page made no difference to the order that they were taken. I think the one I started with finished in last place. The club need to be far more clear about when you are allowed to log in and try to make the system more robust when you do get in. I think this is the 4th high demand game in a row where I have been time out whilst having tickets in my basket. Online tickets isn't the same as queuing and it is silly allowing folks to log in before the ticketing starts unless you warn them that is best practice. All that happens is everyone gets wise to it and we all waste another 30 mins of our time for the same lottery that would happen at the ticket sale time.

Hopefully, the club will look at better ways of making the ticket system fairer. To be honest if the loyalty system doesn't return(apart from the very crude one with the away STs) then I think I would rather they decided on who was eligible to apply and just draw lots. That would save everyone the time and may make it easier for friends and families to sit together. Today was about the worst way you could organise a ticket sale. Fans missing out who haven't missed cup or derby matches for years, or who have went to all or pretty much all the away games or the same groups having to take time off work to stand in the pissing rain or in front of a PC with less than 24 hours notice. Other fans who haven't been to a game all season getting a client ref from a friend and getting a ticket because they got lucky and flew through the online process because they hit whatever the magic formula is.

The loyalty scheme seems to be gone for ever but the club must do better than it did today. I got my ticket, so was lucky, but it cost me time off work and hassle I would rather not have. I would rather I was rewarded for my attendance at games or just got lucky in a draw without the need for the hassle.

Thegreenside
01-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Did anyone get through on the phone at all?

.Sean.
01-02-2017, 09:19 PM
There was a very small amount of tickets left at the ticket office today at 16.30 not sure how they became available.
Maybe a few folk with vouchers got through in the phone too

Hermit Crab
01-02-2017, 10:40 PM

That's murder by the way. Folk were turned away then all of a sudden more tickets turn up......

Carheenlea
02-02-2017, 06:22 AM
Still feeling gutted about missing out on a ticket for the first time. It feels like the game has been postponed, or that we have lost the game already. To not be part a huge game like this of it after the thousands of pounds spent and miles travelled following Hibs is quite disconcerting.
I could accept missing out more if we did have a travelling support that travelled in huge numbers every other week, but that is not the case.

FastEddieFelson
02-02-2017, 06:35 AM
Tried for a ticket online and failed. Haven't read this whole thread but is anyone else taking joy from the fact that demand is so high?

LustForLeith
02-02-2017, 06:53 AM
I think a moment of perspective is needed. I tried to get tickets but didn’t get them and I’m still here. My family and loved ones are (touch wood) healthy today. If the biggest thing you have to worry about in life just now is not going to Tynie for a match then give yourself a big thumbs up.